of 56

Author Thread  
djDMS
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
10,304 posts

572 hardcore releases
djDMS has donated money to the site djDMS has attended 43 events
Posted - 2013/01/31 :  19:01:43  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit djDMS's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by Vladel:
quote:
Originally posted by djDMS:
HU is doing so much for the 'scene' right now. And the best thing about it is that it's not for money. I can easily see this being my last year as a raver/buyer of Hardcore music, but what a year it's going to be!

Claim to be doing so much but we haven't had HU6 this year and the brisk album has been coming out for a year also. Plus i don't know what was supposed to have happened a few weeks back when we had that thread requesting modern remixes of 90's tracks and cd jay said something about in a couple of weeks.

If there was a new HU album once a fortnight you'd be complaining there should be one every week! These things take time, how about a little patience? Not that long since the CLSM album came out, not like we're having to wait a year at a time for something new.

Alert moderator Go to top of page
Warnman
Advanced Member

Germany
2,676 posts
Warnman has attended 2 events
Posted - 2013/01/31 :  20:12:06  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Warnman's homepage  Reply with quote
Sounds like great news!

"Happy Hardcore: Love it... hate it... it's fun!" (Matt Stokes)

latininxtc
Advanced Member

United States
7,307 posts
latininxtc has attended 5 events
Posted - 2013/01/31 :  20:46:40  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit latininxtc's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
quote:
quote:
HU is doing so much for the 'scene' right now. And the best thing about it is that it's not for money. I can easily see this being my last year as a raver/buyer of Hardcore music, but what a year it's going to be!

Claim to be doing so much but we haven't had HU6 this year and the brisk album has been coming out for a year also. Plus i don't know what was supposed to have happened a few weeks back when we had that thread requesting modern remixes of 90's tracks and cd jay said something about in a couple of weeks.

If there was a new HU album once a fortnight you'd be complaining there should be one every week! These things take time, how about a little patience? Not that long since the CLSM album came out, not like we're having to wait a year at a time for something new.

If I remember correctly you didn't even like the last HU mixed album. And it's not like cdjay has had his fingers up his ass doing nothing. The label has organized numerous events, has released the 2nd Darwin and Fracus artist album, has released the CLSM artist album, had created 3 limited edition albums free of charge, and has many other albums currently working on. Sure cdjay could have rushed brisk and marc smith to finish their album, but past albums have proven that rushing an album will make it sound pretty terrible.

CDJay
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
3,049 posts
Posted - 2013/01/31 :  22:11:38  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit CDJay's homepage  Reply with quote
Wrapped up the Marc Smith and HU Breaks album this week, Brisk album is in close pursuit along with another as-yet-unannounced album. Sharkey one is in early prep now, in fact I'm about to go through some stuff uploaded to an FTP for this exact purpose.

"Happy Hardcore Underground" is ready, but there are some rights issues worth sorting out if it means that two of the intended tracks feature.

HU6 prep is underway, but that really is going to take as long as it takes. I'd hope for mid year, but if it isn't ready then it could be any time in the next decade.

I'm sorry that some things take longer than might seem ideal, but I'm going to play the "massively underequipped, undersupported indie label" card one more time. We're only able to ramp up because we're risking it all. This during a scene crisis, surrounded by retail giants falling, and an industry in flux. I'm going to have to point out, yet again, that the Brisk album was only secured and scheduled Q3 2012, with a loose view to putting out late Q4 2012 so I'm not sure that early Q2 2013 is miles out given the scope and difficulties involved.

CDJay

Edited by - CDJay on 2013/01/31 22:15:55
Thumpa
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,600 posts
Thumpa is verified hardcore artist Thumpa has attended 81 events
Posted - 2013/01/31 :  23:19:34  Show profile View artist profile  Send a private message  Visit Thumpa's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
quote:

****ing hell, you've got labels that bust a gut to bring music out and literally scrape together every penny they've got to release the best quality of a product they can, and you sit on your PC moaning about shit. Be ****ing patient!

Vladel
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,514 posts
Posted - 2013/02/01 :  07:29:09  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Vladel's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by latininxtc:
If I remember correctly you didn't even like the last HU mixed album. And it's not like cdjay has had his fingers up his ass doing nothing. The label has organized numerous events, has released the 2nd Darwin and Fracus artist album, has released the CLSM artist album, had created 3 limited edition albums free of charge, and has many other albums currently working on. Sure cdjay could have rushed brisk and marc smith to finish their album, but past albums have proven that rushing an album will make it sound pretty terrible.

You are correct that i didn't like the last one because a large part of it seemed to be a load of self made drivel crammed into a small slot by producer/Djs who were not on form. Since then Al Storm is producing good music again and i even found a track i liked on the latest Fracus and Darwin effort. They not long ago released another track that i liked so there's nothing that says i couldn't like the next one is there?? After all i did like all of the previous editions. I had a skip through the Clsm album and found it a little meh so i won't be writing about that one any time soon. Sure there are plenty of things being worked on which is not really as good news as actually releasing some of the stuff that has been in the pipeline for over a year and a half.

quote:
Originally posted by Thumpa:
***ing hell, you've got labels that bust a gut to bring music out and literally scrape together every penny they've got to release the best quality of a product they can, and you sit on your PC moaning about shit. Be ****ing patient!

Now Olly i like you and at no point was i referring to your label which you clearly are and i know how much effort you put into your albums and the time they take. I usually buy the variety ones (blood sweat & tears etc) and for the most part have very positive things to say about them. If you are not referring to your own label and are commenting on the subject matter then fair enough i know it's a hard job putting these things together but i get back to my original point that news that something else is being worked on is not as exciting as actually getting some tangible evidence that perhaps some of it may turn up eventually.

Btw you really shouldn't bring needless swearing into a thread that really doesn't need it to get a point across.

DJ Hellfury
Advanced Member

Austria
2,237 posts
DJ Hellfury has attended 7 events
Posted - 2013/02/01 :  10:01:19  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit DJ Hellfury's homepage  Reply with quote
2 out of 5 albums couldnt get in time, what a drama.

i don't know any other UKH/Freeform label that releases more than one album except HU, so let's stop this right here

quote:
Originally posted by CDJay:We're only able to ramp up because we're risking it all. This during a scene crisis, surrounded by retail giants falling, and an industry in flux.

I do know the scene is kinda small but here is just a suggestion from my side: Why not using Kickstarter (summary here) as second support platform to lower the risk imo.?

Hardcore Shows Soundcloud
Hellfury Soundcloud
Label Bandcamp

Samination
Advanced Member

Sweden
13,073 posts

195 hardcore releases
Samination has attended 17 events
Posted - 2013/02/01 :  10:45:25  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Samination's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by DJ Hellfury:
2 out of 5 albums couldnt get in time, what a drama.

i don't know any other UKH/Freeform label that releases more than one album except HU, so let's stop this right here

quote:
Originally posted by CDJay:We're only able to ramp up because we're risking it all. This during a scene crisis, surrounded by retail giants falling, and an industry in flux.

I do know the scene is kinda small but here is just a suggestion from my side: Why not using Kickstarter (summary here) as second support platform to lower the risk imo.?

You dont need a kickstarter tbh. Just do like Olly, but with a variation. Think of a number you think it will be bought. I wouldnt be suprised HU albums can amass more than X copies (if olly can get 300 within weeks). Make arrangement so you'd atleast get back all the money from around Y% of that, even when pressing Z% or more. And then just do repressing when enough people want to buy it.

I don't know what's a reasonable amount is. My original example was 500 copies (X), make sure 75% (Y) gets pre-ordered (payed +/-0), and press 125% (Z) copies in the initial batch.

http://samination.se/
---------------------------------------------

Edited by - Samination on 2013/02/01 10:48:59
DJ Hellfury
Advanced Member

Austria
2,237 posts
Posted - 2013/02/01 :  10:59:53  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit DJ Hellfury's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by Samination:

You dont need a kickstarter tbh. Just do like Olly, but with a variation. Think of a number you think it will be bought. I wouldnt be suprised HU albums can amass more than X copies (if olly can get 300 within weeks). Make arrangement so you'd atleast get back all the money from around Y% of that, even when pressing Z% or more. And then just do repressing when enough people want to buy it.

I don't know what's a reasonable amount is. My original example was 500 copies (X), make sure 75% (Y) gets pre-ordered (payed +/-0), and press 125% (Z) copies in the initial batch.

With kickstarter you can skip the thoughts about how much copies one label could sell with a question mark because after 1 month you get the exact number of customers with no extra effort in that matter.

Btw., i do like thumpas buisness model, but i missed the last compilation and i'm sure thumpa would make a better income with kickstarter

Hellfury Soundcloud
Label Bandcamp

Edited by - DJ Hellfury on 2013/02/01 11:19:52
Triquatra

United Kingdom
12,635 posts
Triquatra is a site donation subscriber Triquatra has attended 26 events
Posted - 2013/02/01 :  12:25:22  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Triquatra's homepage  Reply with quote
I always thought kickstarter or something crowdsourcing thing like that would be a great idea for HU!

CDJay
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
3,049 posts
Posted - 2013/02/01 :  12:56:25  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit CDJay's homepage  Reply with quote
Been thinking about it for a while..... and we'd only use it to jumpstart a very risky project. Well, risky insofar as I have no real idea if it's actually something that could recoup costs, or people have a genuine interest in.

In fact, since we're shooting the breeze, I'd contemplated doing a vinyl album via kickstarter. Perhaps featuring some of the bigger HU releases, or somesuch. I mean, I don't even *like* vinyl, but some people do and it would *look* pretty. I'd costed up doing HHU on vinyl and it just isn't something we could justify, outright, as it would massively restrict what we're trying to do on the CD side.

Whaddayareckon?

CDJay

djDMS
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
10,304 posts

572 hardcore releases
djDMS has donated money to the site djDMS has attended 43 events
Posted - 2013/02/01 :  13:06:26  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit djDMS's homepage  Reply with quote
I still own loads of vinyl even though i no longer have turntables, just seems wrong to get rid of everything. Unfortunately i never got any of the Hardcore Underground 12"s so I'd consider buying a HU album on vinyl just to be able to say i own it!

latininxtc
Advanced Member

United States
7,307 posts
latininxtc has attended 5 events
Posted - 2013/02/01 :  13:34:52  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit latininxtc's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by CDJay:
it's actually something that could recoup costs, or people have a genuine interest in.

In fact, since we're shooting breeze,

CDJay

We're shooting breeze? When and where???

Samination
Advanced Member

Sweden
13,073 posts

195 hardcore releases
Samination has attended 17 events
Posted - 2013/02/01 :  13:56:43  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Samination's homepage  Reply with quote
I wouldnt mind if a kickstarter could make a project for releasing unreleased material (from 94 to today) on CD :)

I still need a few tracks from Dougal's Bonkers 7 mix. Still a few unreleased tehre :(

http://samination.se/
---------------------------------------------

Edited by - Samination on 2013/02/01 13:57:16
DJ Hellfury
Advanced Member

Austria
2,237 posts
Posted - 2013/02/01 :  14:35:01  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit DJ Hellfury's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Been thinking about it for a while..... and we'd only use it to jumpstart a very risky project. Well, risky insofar as I have no real idea if it's actually something that could recoup costs, or people have a genuine interest in.

Sounds good.
Personally I would use it as pre-order platform for all projects to fund first editions :)

quote:
In fact, since we're shooting the breeze, I'd contemplated doing a vinyl album via kickstarter. Perhaps featuring some of the bigger HU releases, or somesuch. I mean, I don't even *like* vinyl, but some people do and it would *look* pretty. I'd costed up doing HHU on vinyl and it just isn't something we could justify, outright, as it would massively restrict what we're trying to do on the CD side. [...]

Track Nr.1 should be "Let me In (Darwin Remix)", since it's the best produced and most diversified tune ever imo.

The idea itself is good for collectors (you should add some VIPs imo. to make it more special), but like you, i don't like vinyl, since i prefer mixing digital

edit:
quote:
Originally posted by Samination:
I wouldnt mind if a kickstarter could make a project for releasing unreleased material (from 94 to today) on CD :)

I still need a few tracks [...]. Still a few unreleased tehre :(

that were exactly my thoughts when i created the kickstarter thread (even when i mainly thought about scott browns labels), but who would manage to get those tunes since some producers leaved the scene ages ago or made their own labels :/

Hellfury Soundcloud
Label Bandcamp

Edited by - DJ Hellfury on 2013/02/01 14:40:49

New PostPost Reply
Topic is 56 pages long: 1  2  3  4  5  ... 52  53  54  55  56
 Printer friendly
  Verified artist
   Donating member How to donate

It took 0.86 ninja's to process this page!

HappyHardcore.com

1999 - 2024 HappyHardcore.com
audio: PRS for music. Build: 3.1.73.1

Go to top of page