Page: 
of 56

Author Thread  
MusicILove
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,255 posts
MusicILove is a site donation subscriber
Posted - 2019/11/15 :  17:44:16  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit MusicILove's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by djDMS:
quote:
Originally posted by MusicILove:
quote:
Originally posted by Rhoobarb2005:
I never understand the idea behind selling digital download media in limited quantities.

It's to try and drive sales by using the fear of missing out. If they limit things by time or quantity people who would normally say oh I'll wait till I got some spare money will be more likely to buy in to it. Or people who want 1 or 2 tracks might buy the whole thing for fear this might be their last time to get it.

It's a very bad sales tactic in my opinion but unfortunately it does work. This however can be a shame for those people who missed out on the bundle or don't know about it at the time. They then have to turn to piracy as the only way to get the music they want.

It works as a sales tactic to bring money in quickly however in the long term I suspect it hurts the artists as most of the music then gets pirated as it is no longer available to buy.

I personally prefer to buy music whenever I can but unfortunately a lot of things are no longer available. This in my opinion is the fault of the artist and the labels they could be making money by selling their tracks, putting them on download stores so they're available to everyone whenever they want, but they choose not to and so they then cannot complain about piracy because people have no other way to get this music.

A lot of artists I fear are waiting until they have financial issues or want some quick cash to start selling digital versions of their music. This is what I think is happening with Force & Styles. I also think this is happening with Hixxy and raver baby as there are a significant amount of Raver Baby tracks available in digital and so this whole thing about the hard drive crash I think is rubbish.

All of the artists who made the tracks all of the people on the promo list all of the friends that they gave copies to, all of the CDs they burned to play out with. They can't say that because one hard drive Died the tracks will no longer exist. I'm perfectly fine with an MP3 copy if that's all we can get that is really better than a terrible vinyl rip.

Then again if Hixxy and force and styles sold all their old music to people they couldn't make money playing classic sets as they could hire a smaller name DJ's with the same tracks to do the same sets or perhaps even better. Most top DJs can barely mix and it really gets to me. There are some very talented DJs out there that deserve recognition but don't get it because promoters would rather have Hixxy or Dougal or Breeze on their flyer.

...or the artist/labels involved insist on it.

They do in most cases insist on it but the only reason for digital products to have limited availability is to push short term sales.

Alert moderator Go to top of page
Samination
Advanced Member

Sweden
13,073 posts

195 hardcore releases
Samination has attended 17 events
Posted - 2019/11/16 :  05:46:23  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Samination's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Samination:
Did you just spoil who made that track? :P

No. I don?t know who made it. Sparkz publicly put the parts up in a different thread. He said he got sent them over MSN.

No spoilers here

"he got sent them" just as much as "he sent them to you"... hm, are you Sparkz!?!?!?!

HALF LIFE 3 CONFIRMED!!!

http://samination.se/
---------------------------------------------

Samination
Advanced Member

Sweden
13,073 posts

195 hardcore releases
Posted - 2019/11/16 :  05:48:36  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Samination's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
I never understand the idea behind selling digital download media in limited quantities.

It's to try and drive sales by using the fear of missing out. If they limit things by time or quantity people who would normally say oh I'll wait till I got some spare money will be more likely to buy in to it. Or people who want 1 or 2 tracks might buy the whole thing for fear this might be their last time to get it.

It's a very bad sales tactic in my opinion but unfortunately it does work. This however can be a shame for those people who missed out on the bundle or don't know about it at the time. They then have to turn to piracy as the only way to get the music they want.

It works as a sales tactic to bring money in quickly however in the long term I suspect it hurts the artists as most of the music then gets pirated as it is no longer available to buy.

I personally prefer to buy music whenever I can but unfortunately a lot of things are no longer available. This in my opinion is the fault of the artist and the labels they could be making money by selling their tracks, putting them on download stores so they're available to everyone whenever they want, but they choose not to and so they then cannot complain about piracy because people have no other way to get this music.

A lot of artists I fear are waiting until they have financial issues or want some quick cash to start selling digital versions of their music. This is what I think is happening with Force & Styles. I also think this is happening with Hixxy and raver baby as there are a significant amount of Raver Baby tracks available in digital and so this whole thing about the hard drive crash I think is rubbish.

All of the artists who made the tracks all of the people on the promo list all of the friends that they gave copies to, all of the CDs they burned to play out with. They can't say that because one hard drive Died the tracks will no longer exist. I'm perfectly fine with an MP3 copy if that's all we can get that is really better than a terrible vinyl rip.

Then again if Hixxy and force and styles sold all their old music to people they couldn't make money playing classic sets as they could hire a smaller name DJ's with the same tracks to do the same sets or perhaps even better. Most top DJs can barely mix and it really gets to me. There are some very talented DJs out there that deserve recognition but don't get it because promoters would rather have Hixxy or Dougal or Breeze on their flyer.

They do in most cases insist on it but the only reason for digital products to have limited availability is to push short term sales.

I doubt it would work great with older stuff, but I would love to see something similar to that of Video Games. An Exclusivity deal for a select few (the first 100?) for the first 6 months or 1 year. And then re-release it.

MusicILove
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,255 posts
Posted - 2019/11/16 :  06:26:14  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit MusicILove's homepage  Reply with quote
https://www.happyhardcore.com/forums/topic.asp?topic_id=100531&whichpage=3

MusicILove
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,255 posts
Posted - 2019/11/16 :  11:50:22  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit MusicILove's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

I doubt it would work great with older stuff, but I would love to see something similar to that of Video Games. An Exclusivity deal for a select few (the first 100?) for the first 6 months or 1 year. And then re-release it.

I wouldn't mind something like that. Like what HU did for the RFU HU & HU Breaks back catalogues.
We will limit it initially but it will be coming back later. That works because it means future people don't miss out. It also means for people who can't afford it now can get it later when they are in a better financial position. But they must state it will be back in a year or 6 months. They can't just say sometime because that could be in 10 years time. Let people know what's going on and offer them the choice. Perhaps offer the limited first run at a discount. Like they did with that bundle.

Coolgamer

United States
95 posts

8 hardcore releases
Posted - 2019/11/19 :  05:48:43  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Coolgamer's homepage  Reply with quote
I honestly wouldn't mind paying more for updates to some of the catalogs.

Has anyone made a list as to what's "missing" from each pack? I think I own all of the label bundles, but if anything's missing I want to try to track it down on my end.

Triquatra

United Kingdom
12,635 posts
Triquatra is a site donation subscriber Triquatra has attended 26 events
Posted - 2019/11/19 :  10:19:28  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Triquatra's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
HALF LIFE 3 CONFIRMED!!!

The funny thing is...

Samination
Advanced Member

Sweden
13,073 posts

195 hardcore releases
Posted - 2019/11/19 :  11:04:32  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Samination's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by Triquatra:
quote:
HALF LIFE 3 CONFIRMED!!!

The funny thing is...

I know... We'll know even more on thursday

Coolgamer

United States
95 posts

8 hardcore releases
Posted - 2019/11/19 :  18:34:34  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Coolgamer's homepage  Reply with quote
https://www.forbes.com/sites/erikkain/2019/11/18/valve-just-announced-a-new-half-life-game-but-not-the-one-we-wanted/#23f0c62070d1

Sulphurik
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
954 posts
Posted - 2019/12/03 :  23:58:36  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Sulphurik's homepage  Reply with quote
Off topic regarding Sharkey but good to see a second Entity album!

JollyBoyJohn
Starting Member

United Kingdom
5 posts
Posted - 2020/02/23 :  15:19:31  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit JollyBoyJohn's homepage  Reply with quote
Meh, still no updates or anything? Any news on the Bonkerz label or the other remixes of sound assassin has sharkey cheered up and ready to deliver the outstanding tracks or is he still being a muppet?.

Samination
Advanced Member

Sweden
13,073 posts

195 hardcore releases
Posted - 2020/02/23 :  16:29:51  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Samination's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by JollyBoyJohn:
Meh, still no updates or anything? Any news on the Bonkerz label or the other remixes of sound assassin has sharkey cheered up and ready to deliver the outstanding tracks or is he still being a muppet?.

There's nothing the HU crew can do about this. Sharkey bailed at the last minute and we got what we got. Although CDJay did promise/say that he had fished up some of the stuff from other people.

tenfold234

Canada
75 posts
Posted - 2020/02/25 :  20:25:16  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit tenfold234's homepage  Reply with quote
My understanding was that CDJay was working with Kevin Energy to get as much of the rest of the stuff (Bonkerz and Kaotik) as he was working with him on a Nu Energy collection for HU. Not sure if that is still happening.

Weakness
Starting Member

United Kingdom
10 posts
Posted - 2020/02/28 :  20:36:43  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Weakness's homepage  Reply with quote
Considering CDJay has not posted/said anything in this thread in the past 9-10 months, I think it's safe to say nothing is going to happen and the dream of additional stuff/fixed tracks is dead... unless, by some miracle, Sharkey pops up. (which I doubt will ever happen now)

Edited by - Weakness on 2020/02/28 20:39:14
Weakness
Starting Member

United Kingdom
10 posts
Posted - 2021/02/28 :  21:24:31  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Weakness's homepage  Reply with quote
Late response to the theory in the other page... if that were the reason, I honestly wouldn't mind paying more for another batch. Especially if it meant getting the bonkers vocal version of Toytown (+ maybe the Acapella stem for remixing) and the original version of Sound Assassin.

New PostPost Reply
Topic is 56 pages long: 1  2  3  4  5 ... 52  53  54  55  56
 Printer friendly
  Verified artist
   Donating member How to donate

It took 1.89 ninja's to process this page!

HappyHardcore.com

1999 - 2024 HappyHardcore.com
audio: PRS for music. Build: 3.1.73.1

Go to top of page