Email Us!
Username: Password:

Lost password
 Remember my login 

All forums
 Music production & Gear talk
 DJ Paul Elstak bassdrum
 Printer friendly

All users can post new topics in this forum. All users can reply to topics in this forum

Author Thread  
rovar
Starting Member

Netherlands
1 post
Posted - 2015/01/21 :  11:54:30  Show profile Send a private message
Hi, I am producing a track on behalf of a customer. He wants a track that has that exact feeling of Happy Hardcore of mid ninetees. To be specific, the kick should EXACTLY sound like DJ Paul Elstak's "Rainbow in the Sky". It has that mellow / (wood) block kick with low end sound.

I used to produce Happy Hardcore myself back in 1995, but I can't find any of those samples anymore. I also tried the internet and tried to sample it from Elstak's and other tracks, but no luck, because those arrangements were too crowdy.

Then I gave it a try to create the kick myself, layered and tweaked it down with a punchy kick and separate low end. But I can't get close enough to the kick I am aiming for.

Is there anymore out there who has that kick sample, or an internet location I can download that exact sample?

Thanks!

Alert moderator
versia
Average Member

Australia
180 posts
Posted - 2015/01/21 :  13:34:52  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit versia's homepage
Pretty sure it's just a processed 909 with a really short tail? Don't forget the dry clap layered under it to add to the mid range.

Alert moderator Go to top of page
Edited by - versia on 2015/01/21 13:35:30
Hard2Get
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
12,837 posts
Hard2Get has attended 21 events
Posted - 2015/01/21 :  15:30:50  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Hard2Get's homepage
Definately not a 909. You sould be able to get a similar sound from most synths though by having a deep and short pitch mod envelope.

Tulpar
Starting Member

Australia
2 posts
Posted - 2015/06/24 :  12:34:06  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Tulpar's homepage
If you're still on the hunt for that kick, I made a similar sounding kick in the EKS-9 808/909 emulator if you're interested

ultraskool
Advanced Member

Australia
669 posts
ultraskool has attended 50 events
Posted - 2015/07/26 :  21:01:39  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit ultraskool's homepage
a very interesting topic here. Yes i think that kick can also be found with 2 Brothers On the 4th Floor's "Come take My Hand" - it has the same sort of short fast blunt bassdrummy sound that Paul elstaks' early HHC tunes had. in fact a lot of Eurodance coming out at that time also had this similar sound, e.g. Back To Bass's "Beating of My Heart", etc..

New PostPost Reply
 Printer friendly
  Verified artist
   Donating member How to donate

It took 0.94 ninja's to process this page!

HappyHardcore.com

1999 - 2024 HappyHardcore.com
audio: PRS for music. Build: 3.1.73.1

Go to top of page