Email Us!
Username: Password:

Lost password
 Remember my login 

All forums
 Music production & Gear talk
 really stupid question!
 Printer friendly

All users can post new topics in this forum. All users can reply to topics in this forum

Author Thread  
fazza
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,126 posts
fazza has donated money to the site fazza has attended 9 events
Posted - 2003/03/21 :  12:09:00  Show profile Send a private message  Visit fazza's homepage
right, am i being totally thick or is this possible to do? i wanna record from cassette to cd. i have no way of hooking my decks up to my pc as the pc is downstairs and my decks are upstairs. i wanna do a cd but can only record to cassette. is there a way of recording straight from tape to cd?

im probably being stupid but i just cant figure out how to do it and its doing my head in!!!

"I feel you, i want you, i know your touch is all i need, im waiting you're shining"

Alert moderator
Exhile
Advanced Member

Netherlands
1,365 posts
Exhile has donated money to the site
Posted - 2003/03/21 :  12:16:26  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Exhile's homepage
If you can connect youre tape player to youre pc then you can play the tape and record it via eg. sound forge. Then you can burn it on cd.

If you cant connect the tape player to the pc then i cant figure it out either!

Peace, love and unity

Dj Frankus

Alert moderator Go to top of page
Xenochrome
Advanced Member

United States
2,645 posts
Xenochrome is a site donation subscriber Xenochrome has attended 5 events
Posted - 2003/03/21 :  12:24:08  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Xenochrome's homepage
Get a dual deck CD recorder. You can run the tape deck to it and record in analog mode. Or, for that matter, just run your mixer to the recorder and scrap the tape deck.

Edited by - Xenochrome on 2003/03/21 12:25:27
Broken

United States
145 posts

34 hardcore releases
Posted - 2003/03/21 :  13:17:54  Show profile  Send a private message
Another thing you can do is get a portable Minidisc. They're awesome! That way, anywhere you spin you can record your set and if you want it on regular CD all you have to do is hook it up to the line in on your computer and record with whatever program you want (I use Musicmatch, which is free). If you get a MD, make sure you get the older one instead of the new MP3 ones that transfer directly w/your computer. The new ones can't upload stuff you've recorded on the minidisc and they're really flimsy.
The model I have is:
Sony MiniDisc Recorder MZ-R37
I got mine from a buddy for $100, but I see em new for like $150. It's cheaper than most CD recorders and you can reuse the minidiscs as many times as you want.

New PostPost Reply
 Printer friendly
  Verified artist
   Donating member How to donate

It took 0.78 ninja's to process this page!

HappyHardcore.com

1999 - 2024 HappyHardcore.com
audio: PRS for music. Build: 3.1.73.1

Go to top of page