Email Us!
Username: Password:

Lost password
 Remember my login 

All forums
 Music production & Gear talk
 hhc basslines. what to buy
 Printer friendly

All users can post new topics in this forum. All users can reply to topics in this forum

Author Thread  
wicky vicky
Banned

United States
55 posts
Posted - 2001/07/12 :  16:51:31  Show profile Send a private message  Visit wicky vicky's homepage
what do the hhc producers use for making the mega bass in there tracks. i must find it!

"play nothing but hardcore"

Alert moderator
StrifeII
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
2,143 posts
StrifeII is verified hardcore artist
Posted - 2001/07/13 :  07:04:02  Show profile View artist profile  Send a private message  Visit StrifeII's homepage
I use freeware
Hammerhead.
It's fairly easy, and u can download bass sounds from the one & only dj sunrize's site : http://djsunrize.com
u can get hammerhead from cnet.com
there are better things though like fruityloops & stuff.
on hammerhead you have to use the userbank creator & u can have up 2 6 samples in one bank.

------------------------------------------------------------
http://artists2.iuma.com/IUMA/Bands/Robbie_Jay/

Alert moderator Go to top of page
Soren

United States
499 posts
Posted - 2001/07/13 :  09:43:58  Show profile  Send a private message
2 Questions:

1- What type of computer, software, and hardware do you have now for making music?

2- When U say Basslines are U talking about the Basslines or the Kick Drums? Most ppls when they say basslines actually mean the kicks.

^_^

nightswifter

United Kingdom
51 posts
Posted - 2001/08/04 :  17:01:46  Show profile  Send a private message
wat about cubase and rave ejay? any good? do they use up lots of memeory? coz me only got 4 gb, and 64 mhz

Charly says! always telly yer mommy b4 u go of somewhere.

Soren

United States
499 posts
Posted - 2001/08/06 :  13:34:53  Show profile  Send a private message
Cubase and Cakewalk are both great, but they do require quite a bit of processing power. You need about 400Mhx with 128MB of RAM to take advantage of all they have to offer.

djjum

28 posts
Posted - 2001/08/14 :  13:14:16  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit djjum's homepage
I use impulse tracker to make songs and I've been thinking about moving over to Magix Music Creator but I dont know how good it is yet. Hardcore is confusing when people tall about the bass because when people say bass they can mean either he bass drum or the actual bass/acidlines. If it's the high speed, high pitched whistling sound you're looking to make then you could try RubberDuck, TS-404 and Magixx Music Maker 6. For drum loops I use Impulse Tracker (wich is a freeware song making kit), Hammerhead (freeware). Hammer has some pretty cool sounds and ready made hardcore drum loops but I find it very difficult to mix the beats into the music so i tent to do all my compositions in impluse tracker which makes this a lot easier. It's alos useful to have a good sound editor like Cool Edit so you can play around with your songs or even make a songs. Cool Edit allows you to open most sound file formats (exluding mods) and can also 'save as' many different formats eg. MP3, Real Adio etc. Once you've made a song in any program the best thing to do is convert the whole song to a wav so that you can burn it to a cd, make the mp3 or put stream it on the web. To steam it on the web the software you need is realproducer which can be downloaded free from realnetworks.com and is capable of converting large *.wav files to compressed *.rm file which can be streamed to anyone using realplayer. If you have all this software your computer can become a high power sound studio for free or next to nothing if you decide to purchase cooledit, rubberduck or Magixx Music Maker. If anyone has any questions about any of the software here or wants me to go into more detail about anything then I will be glad to do so. I don't know much about music production hardware but I have heard that 303 clones are pretty good. I would be very interested to see what other people use to make hardcore. It would be nice if happyhardcore.com had a section on music production with easy to read reviews on all the different software and hardware hint hint.

silver
Admin

Japan
12,547 posts

894 hardcore releases
silver is verified hardcore artist silver is a site donation subscriber silver has attended 108 events
Posted - 2001/08/15 :  02:16:11  Show profile View artist profile  Send a private message  Visit silver's homepage
see the equipment button ... coming soon :)

DJ Mouse
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
2,687 posts
DJ Mouse has attended 1 event
Posted - 2001/08/15 :  14:39:18  Show profile  Send a private message
you can get away with 32mb RAM with cubase,just make sure you have a good processor though,preferably anything by intel

djm
it's like a dream,no end and no beginning...

djjum

28 posts
Posted - 2001/08/15 :  15:04:40  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit djjum's homepage
I found a program called Bassline the other day. It allows you to make basslines. You can get it at www.steeky.co.uk

New PostPost Reply
 Printer friendly
  Verified artist
   Donating member How to donate

It took 1.33 ninja's to process this page!

HappyHardcore.com

1999 - 2024 HappyHardcore.com
audio: PRS for music. Build: 3.1.73.1

Go to top of page