Email Us!
Username: Password:

Lost password
 Remember my login 

All forums
 Music discussion - track ID request
 95-96 Mix ID request
 Printer friendly

All users can post new topics in this forum. All users can reply to topics in this forum

Author Thread  
Richie Freebird
Starting Member

United Kingdom
2 posts
Posted - 2015/12/01 :  21:42:55  Show profile Send a private message
Hello ravers. I join you with an obscure request. Rather than looking for a specific tune, I'm looking to ID a full mix. I had this mix on a copied cassette in about 1996, I'm guessing it's from 95 or 96. I have an incomplete track listing from the mix (I don't know the names of some tunes).

This was a studio quality mix which I'm guessing had some sort of commercial release. I got it on about a 10th generation copy from a friend who had no idea of its true origin.

It started with a quick intro tune with samples like ?alright, hardcore? ?got to have it, got to have it alright? then ?the beat kicks, then I start rocking?. Then the following tunes in roughly this order (couple missing).

Pagan & Petrov Feat. DJ Dobbit - Feel So Good
Sandman - Recall
Paul Elstak - Boom Boom
Sharkey & Dee - Can Can You Do It
Charlie Lownoise & Mental Theo - Wonderful Days
Ultrasonic - Make that Move
DJ Pooch - How it Started
Hixxy & Sharkey - Toytown
Ferocious - Please Don't Go
DJ Seduction - In the Mix

A section of the mix after this got lost in an accidental tape over. There was a tune that sampled the Renegade Master vocals, and possibly a remix of Midas' Groove control, the version with the cheeps and extra riffs.

If anyone has any clue what this mix was called, who it was by, what name it was released under, I'd be eternally grateful for the help. Searching for this has been a 20 year project for me. Even ID'ing the tunes has taken me years, and I still don't have them all.

This was my first exposure to rave music, and has an absolutely religious level of nostalgia to me.

Thanks for reading. Any pointers greatly appreciated.

Alert moderator
Richie Freebird
Starting Member

United Kingdom
2 posts
Posted - 2017/05/13 :  19:27:16  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Richie Freebird's homepage
I've now discovered that the opening tune with the "got to have it" vocal is Headcase - Critical Rhythm (Ultra-Sonic Mix). The Renegade Master tune is Vibes & Wishdokta - Gonna Be Alright. The Midas tune is "Takin it from the groove".

Maybe these additions to the set list could ring a bell for anyone who recognizes the sound of the mix? Thanks very much for reading, and help is greatly appreciated.

Alert moderator Go to top of page
Samination
Advanced Member

Sweden
13,072 posts

195 hardcore releases
Samination has attended 17 events
Posted - 2017/05/13 :  20:39:58  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Samination's homepage
I tried throwing some of the tracks into a google search. Sadly I couldnt find any matches on discogs for the tracks, so it must have been a studio quality live set

http://samination.se/
---------------------------------------------

Alert moderator Go to top of page

New PostPost Reply
 Printer friendly
  Verified artist
   Donating member How to donate

It took 0.77 ninja's to process this page!

HappyHardcore.com

1999 - 2024 HappyHardcore.com
audio: PRS for music. Build: 3.1.73.1

Go to top of page