Email Us!
Username: Password:

Lost password
 Remember my login 

All forums
 Music discussion - other genre
 old skool eurobeat!
 Printer friendly

All users can post new topics in this forum. All users can reply to topics in this forum

Author Thread  
warped_candykid
Advanced Member

United States
3,934 posts
warped_candykid has attended 5 events
Posted - 2016/03/12 :  16:51:31  Show profile Send a private message

Alert moderator
DJ Flintlock3r
Starting Member

United States
8 posts
Posted - 2016/03/22 :  08:11:25  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit DJ Flintlock3r's homepage
Oh yes, I like eurobeat. I love Euro electronic music, especially the stuff from the late 80's-90's, like eurodance, eurobeat, ect. From what I've heard and seen while doing research, basically eurodance went to Japan, mutated into J-pop, then returned to Europe and became eurobeat. I haven't gotten too deep into eurobeat specifically, but it is really fun to listen to!

-DJ Flintlock3r-

Alert moderator Go to top of page
Edited by - DJ Flintlock3r on 2016/03/22 08:17:07
warped_candykid
Advanced Member

United States
3,934 posts
Posted - 2016/03/22 :  23:18:53  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit warped_candykid's homepage
quote:
Originally posted by DJ Flintlock3r:
Oh yes, I like eurobeat. I love Euro electronic music, especially the stuff from the late 80's-90's, like eurodance, eurobeat, ect. From what I've heard and seen while doing research, basically eurodance went to Japan, mutated into J-pop, then returned to Europe and became eurobeat. I haven't gotten too deep into eurobeat specifically, but it is really fun to listen to!

-DJ Flintlock3r-

80s Italo-Disco went to Japan and became popular within the nightlife. In the late 80s, Italo-Disco was dying in Europe, so what few artists were left "mutated" the genre to fit Japanese tastes (upping the tempo, and making the synths a bit faster). TIME records was the big one, and SAIFAM/BoomBoomBeat was also on board. Dave Rodgers broke away from TIME and made ABeat-C Records, joined Avex Records and gave the genre eurobeat it's "image" that carried it throughout the early 90s til other labels were created in Italy (Delta, Hi-NRG Attack, SCP, Vibration, Double Records). ParaPara was the dance style that was created to match Eurobeat, and it flourished in the 90s and 2000s within Tokyo's nightlife.

At the same time, Eurodance and early Euro Rave tracks were becoming big in Japan thanks to Juliana's Tokyo, and DJ John Robinson. The Japanese crowd developed another dance style that mirrored the parapara craze: TechPara. These tracks became known as "HyperTechno", and the genre flourished alongside Eurobeat. Many HyperTechno tracks were created by the same Italian artits behind the Eurobeat genre, just under a different alias, but the early "hypertechno" tracks were just regular Eurodance/Rave tracks.

The genre never turned into J-Pop, returned to Europe and became Eurobeat. Japanese clubs framed ANY dance genre from Europe as "Eurobeat" in the 80s...but Italo-Disco was just the big thing then. Dave Rodgers, with the help of the people behind his record label (Bratt Sinclair), really generated the "Eurobeat" genre as it's own thing in the early 90s.

Japanese tracks have been made...but they were made modeled after Italian Eurobeat formula.

Edited by - warped_candykid on 2016/03/22 23:21:25
warped_candykid
Advanced Member

United States
3,934 posts
Posted - 2016/03/22 :  23:19:53  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit warped_candykid's homepage
*delete*

Edited by - warped_candykid on 2016/03/22 23:20:48

New PostPost Reply
 Printer friendly
  Verified artist
   Donating member How to donate

It took 0.95 ninja's to process this page!

HappyHardcore.com

1999 - 2024 HappyHardcore.com
audio: PRS for music. Build: 3.1.73.1

Go to top of page