Email Us!
Username: Password:

Lost password
 Remember my login 

All forums
 Music discussion - other genre
 FABRICLIVE Mixes/ itunes?
 Printer friendly

All users can post new topics in this forum. All users can reply to topics in this forum

Author Thread  
trippnface
Advanced Member

United States
1,654 posts
trippnface has attended 21 events
Posted - 2016/03/30 :  15:44:36  Show profile Send a private message
so i was looking at buying the cd of ed rush & optical mix; and then noticed you can purchase the mix on itunes; with all the full tracks!?

is that even legal?
why would anybody even buy mixed discs anymore if itunes is selling the mix AND ALL full tracks for same price?
is that even legal?
I assume it is for ALL mixes on itunes as well...

Alert moderator
trippnface
Advanced Member

United States
1,654 posts
Posted - 2016/03/30 :  15:45:36  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit trippnface's homepage
i mean if itunes can do it; i feel like everybody else is ripping us off by not giving us the full toons.
so if they sold HU comp ; we would get the mixes AND all the full tracks?

Alert moderator Go to top of page
Samination
Advanced Member

Sweden
13,072 posts

195 hardcore releases
Samination has attended 17 events
Posted - 2016/03/30 :  16:38:32  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Samination's homepage
quote:
Originally posted by trippnface:
so i was looking at buying the cd of ed rush & optical mix; and then noticed you can purchase the mix on itunes; with all the full tracks!?

is that even legal?
why would anybody even buy mixed discs anymore if itunes is selling the mix AND ALL full tracks for same price?
is that even legal?
I assume it is for ALL mixes on itunes as well...

It depends on if you actively do it not.

I know that some Clubland Xtreme Hardcore had unmixed (but edited) tracks.

http://samination.se/
---------------------------------------------

djDMS
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
10,304 posts

572 hardcore releases
djDMS has donated money to the site djDMS has attended 43 events
Posted - 2016/03/30 :  19:17:32  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit djDMS's homepage
You have to provide single tracks (or versions of) for itunes to sell your mix albums. Loads of stuff on amazon etc is available like that too, works much better if you prefer digital.

Which is lovely, but I don't feel like I'm being ripped off in any way by not getting all the full tracks from CD's I buy from HU or anyone else.

trippnface
Advanced Member

United States
1,654 posts
Posted - 2016/03/31 :  17:03:33  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit trippnface's homepage
quote:
Originally posted by djDMS:
You have to provide single tracks (or versions of) for itunes to sell your mix albums. Loads of stuff on amazon etc is available like that too, works much better if you prefer digital.

Which is lovely, but I don't feel like I'm being ripped off in any way by not getting all the full tracks from CD's I buy from HU or anyone else.

i just think that is odd you could get a full track from itunes where as the actually track might not get released ever? i mean; obviously i am going to buy a full track i want it ASAP instead of waiting years for it to get released. sounds like itunes has the best practice available. not even a competition. i save shipping price; and get 40 tracks FULL as well; instead of JUST a 40 track mix? god knows when those tunes will actually release right?

i love my hard copy; but if itunes can lease the tracks; why cant the group we are purchasing discs from? definitely seems fair to me.

Samination
Advanced Member

Sweden
13,072 posts

195 hardcore releases
Samination has attended 17 events
Posted - 2016/03/31 :  17:32:51  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Samination's homepage
quote:
Originally posted by trippnface:
quote:
Originally posted by djDMS:

i just think that is odd you could get a full track from itunes where as the actually track might not get released ever? i mean; obviously i am going to buy a full track i want it ASAP instead of waiting years for it to get released. sounds like itunes has the best practice available. not even a competition. i save shipping price; and get 40 tracks FULL as well; instead of JUST a 40 track mix? god knows when those tunes will actually release right?

i love my hard copy; but if itunes can lease the tracks; why cant the group we are purchasing discs from? definitely seems fair to me.

Oh I'm pretty sure they have sold the mixes as cut out. I dont think Apple knows the difference between a full, edit or split track

http://samination.se/
---------------------------------------------

ViolonC
Average Member

Germany
243 posts
ViolonC has attended 2 events
Posted - 2016/03/31 :  17:34:38  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit ViolonC's homepage
Be weary of the license(!) you buy on itunes. You definitely don't buy tracks like a hardcopy.

New PostPost Reply
 Printer friendly
  Verified artist
   Donating member How to donate

It took 1.12 ninja's to process this page!

HappyHardcore.com

1999 - 2024 HappyHardcore.com
audio: PRS for music. Build: 3.1.73.1

Go to top of page