Lost password
 Remember my login 
 All forums
 General discussion
 Brexit/Bremain
 Printer friendly
Page: 
of 3

All users can post new topics in this forum. All users can reply to topics in this forum

Author Thread  
latininxtc
Advanced Member

United States
7,307 posts
latininxtc has attended 5 events
Posted - 2016/06/24 :  03:26:31  Show profile Send a private message
I'm surprised with all the Brits on here no one has made this topic!

It's currently 10:20PM/22:20 my time here in Houston and currently Leave has the lead by about 500,000 votes.

I jokingly said that I support whichever decision weakens the British pound because I want to visit England one day and want the American dollar to be strong so my money goes far there lol. Reports have already come in that the British pound fell in value by about 7% and that's due to Leave taking the lead. Looking at Xe.com and yup it has decreased. Also odd to see, the value of the Euro has gone up.

So what are everyone's thoughts on the results as they come in, or as you wake up?

Alert moderator
latininxtc
Advanced Member

United States
7,307 posts
Posted - 2016/06/24 :  03:57:51  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit latininxtc's homepage
And they're calling it. Britain is leaving the EU.

Alert moderator Go to top of page
The drunken scotsman
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,486 posts
Posted - 2016/06/24 :  04:05:53  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit The drunken scotsman's homepage
Would've voted to remain if I hadn't got so badly delayed at Heathrow yesterday, but it wasn't something I felt too strongly about either way. I can see potential pros and cons of either outcome. In the immediate future our economy will be worse off - the pound has already taken a huge dive against the dollar. After that it's anyone's guess.

What is more interesting from a Scottish perspective is that we voted overwhelmingly to remain whereas it looks like the rest of the UK will take us out of the EU. This will start the shouting for a second independence referendum and that is something I really can't be arsed with.

latininxtc
Advanced Member

United States
7,307 posts
Posted - 2016/06/24 :  04:23:44  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit latininxtc's homepage
I wanted to ask someone about that. If Scotland and Northern Ireland, also voted to remain, wanted to remain in the EU, would they have to vote on their independence? Or can they vote to rejoin the EU without having to deal with the independence vote?

Elipton
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,268 posts
Elipton has attended 2 events
Posted - 2016/06/24 :  04:24:40  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Elipton's homepage
I voted Brexit. I'm pleased we won, but I'm anxious about the markets and the Scottish.

latininxtc
Advanced Member

United States
7,307 posts
Posted - 2016/06/24 :  04:29:10  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit latininxtc's homepage
Wow I'm looking at this site and apparently the value of the currency in commonwealth countries, including GB and Canada, has fallen, while the Euro has strengthened lol

http://www.xe.com/

The drunken scotsman
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,486 posts
Posted - 2016/06/24 :  04:36:01  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit The drunken scotsman's homepage
quote:
Originally posted by latininxtc:
I wanted to ask someone about that. If Scotland and Northern Ireland, also voted to remain, wanted to remain in the EU, would they have to vote on their independence? Or can they vote to rejoin the EU without having to deal with the independence vote?

As it stands Scotland and NI are both part of the United Kingdom which means that we leave the EU despite voting to remain. If we want to be part of the EU then we need to vote for Independance then apply to join the EU. It's very early to say what will happen in much detail, but it's a guarantee that the SNP will put another Independance referendum in their next manifesto and to be honest I can see it happening this time. Not sure what the situation is in NI.

arpz
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,267 posts
arpz has attended 22 events
Posted - 2016/06/24 :  05:37:01  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit arpz's homepage
GBP has tanked.

People are so ****ing stupid. This is an awful day for our country and it's only just beginning. Very dark times ahead :(

silver
Admin

Japan
12,548 posts

894 hardcore releases
silver is verified hardcore artist silver is a site donation subscriber silver has attended 108 events
Posted - 2016/06/24 :  05:43:41  Show profile View artist profile  Send a private message  Visit silver's homepage
Massively tanked like 10 - 20% ... crazy times.

wong
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
2,991 posts
Posted - 2016/06/24 :  07:11:33  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit wong's homepage
I didn't vote, not because i couldn't be arsed (the polling station was only 5 buildings away from my house) but because i was genuinely undecided. I have n idea if the result is a good or bad thing, only time will tell.

The drunken scotsman
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,486 posts
Posted - 2016/06/24 :  07:24:21  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit The drunken scotsman's homepage
quote:
Originally posted by wong:
I didn't vote, not because i couldn't be arsed (the polling station was only 5 buildings away from my house) but because i was genuinely undecided. I have n idea if the result is a good or bad thing, only time will tell.

Our economy has already taken a hit so initially it's a bad thing. On a larger scale you're right, time will tell.

To try and make this relative to the hardcore scene, it could have major implications for HTID in the sun. Any Uk artist performing in Spain will now need a work permit which costs money. There will undoubtedly be additional costs on the organisation and running of the event as well, who knows what that could mean. Don't think Alex Prospect will care too much though ;-)

latininxtc
Advanced Member

United States
7,307 posts
Posted - 2016/06/24 :  07:33:35  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit latininxtc's homepage
And David Cameron has resigned. I think most people knew that was going to happen, just not so soon.

Triquatra

United Kingdom
12,635 posts
Triquatra is a site donation subscriber Triquatra has attended 26 events
Posted - 2016/06/24 :  10:42:59  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Triquatra's homepage
(The Past)

I am glad the referendum is over. It's been a silly campaign with each side demanding the other look at their misinformation, speculation and opinion.

My thoughts on the results?

I'm not surprised. I'm not surprised because the attitude of the vocal tended toward the "I am right, and you are a racist"
All that did was turn people who were only lightly remain, off; push people who were on the fence over into the leavers side and make the leavers want to leave even more.

Arguments like this didn't help either
"We have no less power with the EU, please don't leave the EU as it will give the conservative government more power" o.o
I mean aside from the contradictory nature of the sentence; it's only going to be recognised by people who are going to bother voting. The *voting majority* voted in a conservative government, it's as good as telling them to vote out.

Biggest reason has to easily be the part where the remainers tried to make it about money.
That clearly has to be the *worst* mistake ever. A bunch of big buisness leaders coming out and telling people we'll all be worse off out of the EU.

Nice one, you just made 51.9% of the country say "**** 'em!"

I mean Latin, you're talking about money there...in your posts...but if people gave a shit about the money (because hoooooooooly smokes did they ram it home about "what would happen") the nation would overwhelmingly have voted to remain.

(The Future)

In an ideal world, I would like to see this energy transferred over into a change in the electoral system, to make it more fair, followed by a general election, followed by a move to making "real" happy hardcore again.

;)

Edited by - Triquatra on 2016/06/24 11:03:43
Samination
Advanced Member

Sweden
13,073 posts

195 hardcore releases
Samination has attended 17 events
Posted - 2016/06/24 :  11:20:42  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Samination's homepage
Yea, **** influences, lets' make breakbeat happy hardcore again, just like in 1992! **** you all!

Anyways, ofcourse it's all about the money, money has the biggest impact on the larger scale :P

If we go small, will I be able to visit London in October with my National ID card, as I don't have a passport at the moment?

http://samination.se/
---------------------------------------------

Triquatra

United Kingdom
12,635 posts
Triquatra is a site donation subscriber Triquatra has attended 26 events
Posted - 2016/06/24 :  11:28:11  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Triquatra's homepage
That's my point though, it wasn't about the money. Otherwise the remains main argument would have won the day and we'd remain.

The media/remainers can continue to talk about money, but as the results have shown..."we told you so" isn't going to make a difference, as crystal clearly most people were willing to roll with the punches.

Smoogie
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
6,480 posts
Posted - 2016/06/24 :  13:10:41  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Smoogie's homepage
I voted remain although at first I was very pro 'no EU' but I wanted to l see things from another angle and I was concerned about all the clever stuff like markets and economy ect so I felt rather than run a risk we could stay.

I do see pros and cons in both arguments which is probably why the votes where very close on both sides with only a exit vote being slightly higher so it would be hard to even see one side over an other. Had there only been a 10% remain or leave vote it might be safer to see an argument from the majority but with such a close tie it is almost impossible to even work out what outcomes will be seen in the future but I do fear, what with the weakening of the pound that things might not be a be of roses straight away if we leave.

New PostPost Reply
Topic is 3 pages long: 1  2  3
 Printer friendly
  Verified artist
   Donating member How to donate

It took 2.09 ninja's to process this page!

HappyHardcore.com

1999 - 2024 HappyHardcore.com
audio: PRS for music. Build: 3.1.73.1

Go to top of page