Email Us!
Username: Password:

Lost password
 Remember my login 

All forums
 Music discussion - hardcore
 Happy Hardcore Underground 2
 Printer friendly

All users can post new topics in this forum. All users can reply to topics in this forum

Author Thread  
fakka13k
Average Member

United Kingdom
182 posts
Posted - 2016/07/02 :  03:19:53  Show profile Send a private message
Can anyone shed any light on whats happening with this project as well as the Dj Stompy one too?

Alert moderator
Craigavon raver
Advanced Member

Ireland
2,207 posts
Craigavon raver has attended 1 event
Posted - 2016/07/07 :  19:47:32  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Craigavon raver's homepage
Cdjay said in another thread that there " not actively working on hhu 2, but there putting ideas together on it" and don't have a clue about the stompy 1

Alert moderator Go to top of page
CDJay
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
3,049 posts
Posted - 2016/07/07 :  21:09:18  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit CDJay's homepage
I had typed out a lengthy reply, but lost it as my internet is.... *expletive deleted*

HHU2 is in the planning stages, but I can't commit to a timeline other than to say it'll come faster than HHU did from inception

Stompy album is essentially ready to go; I think the plan is to pair it with a DJ Storm "Anthology" album which recently benefitted from a DAT resurfacing containing a few tracks that might have required vinyl sourcing otherwise. Huzzah!

So, sometime this year for the latter two and "when it's ready" for the former. It's a priority, as the first HHU is about to sell out, but it's gotta be good. We had the benefit of loads of existing remixes lying around for the first volume, after all.

CDJay

warped_candykid
Advanced Member

United States
3,934 posts
warped_candykid has attended 5 events
Posted - 2016/07/07 :  21:11:41  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit warped_candykid's homepage
*delete*

Edited by - warped_candykid on 2016/07/07 21:12:41
arpz
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,267 posts
arpz has attended 22 events
Posted - 2016/07/08 :  05:51:50  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit arpz's homepage
*breathing intensifies*

warped_candykid
Advanced Member

United States
3,934 posts
warped_candykid has attended 5 events
Posted - 2016/07/08 :  19:46:45  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit warped_candykid's homepage
When I think of HHU, of course there were tons of remixes floating around, which were great and I'm happy to have the album. But does everything need to be a remix of classics? Why can't new tunes be made to follow the cheesy, euphoric model, with some remixes thrown in the batch? Tunes you'd actually see released on Trackitdown or Beatport? It's against the grain, but so was the genre when it flourished. It would be nice to hear some cheesy Darwin tunes again, as well as Fracus making new Lisa Abbott vocal tracks!

CDJay
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
3,049 posts
Posted - 2016/07/08 :  20:05:05  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit CDJay's homepage
Not entirely unlikely an approach...

CDJay

arpz
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,267 posts
arpz has attended 22 events
Posted - 2016/07/08 :  21:46:25  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit arpz's homepage
never mind cheesy, just tracks made entirely from stabs and korg m1

Golion

Sweden
27 posts
Posted - 2016/07/09 :  00:41:08  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Golion's homepage
If HHU would sound lika an old Happy hardcore album by ID&T I would be so freaking happy =)
To bad that sound is long gone

AoS_Lorenzo

United States
79 posts
Posted - 2016/07/09 :  02:35:14  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit AoS_Lorenzo's homepage
I plan on writing at least 1 original tune for it. I already layed out a track that has a 1997 feel to it, Going to get an original cheesey vocal recorded for it, Triple J style cheesey lyrics ;)

Craigavon raver
Advanced Member

Ireland
2,207 posts
Craigavon raver has attended 1 event
Posted - 2016/07/16 :  19:30:20  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Craigavon raver's homepage
quote:
Originally posted by CDJay:
I had typed out a lengthy reply, but lost it as my internet is.... *expletive deleted*

HHU2 is in the planning stages, but I can't commit to a timeline other than to say it'll come faster than HHU did from inception

Stompy album is essentially ready to go; I think the plan is to pair it with a DJ Storm "Anthology" album which recently benefitted from a DAT resurfacing containing a few tracks that might have required vinyl sourcing otherwise. Huzzah!

So, sometime this year for the latter two and "when it's ready" for the former. It's a priority, as the first HHU is about to sell out, but it's gotta be good. We had the benefit of loads of existing remixes lying around for the first volume, after all.

CDJay

Excellent news! especially the storm album as well

fakka13k
Average Member

United Kingdom
182 posts
Posted - 2018/03/08 :  06:55:17  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit fakka13k's homepage
Wibble

CDJay
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
3,049 posts
Posted - 2018/03/08 :  19:30:00  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit CDJay's homepage
Still planned for mid year, although it's early days.

The issue is that we're literally fighting for survival in "t3h scene", as anyone who pays even the slightest attention to large event line-ups will note.

The only real option we have is to focus laser-like on Fracus & Darwin as an "act" for the next few months, which may mean passion stuff like this has to fall by the wayside even if temporarily. Cheers "UK Harcore scene" and promoters!

CDJay

trippnface
Advanced Member

United States
1,654 posts
trippnface has attended 21 events
Posted - 2018/03/08 :  19:50:58  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit trippnface's homepage
quote:
Originally posted by CDJay:
Still planned for mid year, although it's early days.

The issue is that we're literally fighting for survival in "t3h scene", as anyone who pays even the slightest attention to large event line-ups will note.

The only real option we have is to focus laser-like on Fracus & Darwin as an "act" for the next few months, which may mean passion stuff like this has to fall by the wayside even if temporarily. Cheers "UK Harcore scene" and promoters!

CDJay

What/who even encompasses the scene besides HU & Kniteforce?

Sc@r and her label, for sure.

Who the **** cares about ( or tries to run) a rave production company that doesnt work with the MUSIC production aspects in the scene!?!

Not like HTID or whoever else even has a label for their artists anymore. You would think they would be way more open to collabs... guess we all need to complain more... but not here.. somewhere they hear us, lol.

Edited by - trippnface on 2018/03/08 19:51:30
CDJay
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
3,049 posts
Posted - 2018/03/08 :  20:37:24  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit CDJay's homepage
Did you try Flo? Has had over a million downloads

CDJay

New PostPost Reply
 Printer friendly
  Verified artist
   Donating member How to donate

It took 1.96 ninja's to process this page!

HappyHardcore.com

1999 - 2024 HappyHardcore.com
audio: PRS for music. Build: 3.1.73.1

Go to top of page