Email Us!
Username: Password:

Lost password
 Remember my login 

All forums
 Music production & Gear talk
 Gear help on buying!
 Printer friendly

All users can post new topics in this forum. All users can reply to topics in this forum

Author Thread  
scottyd2k9
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
749 posts
Posted - 2016/12/17 :  13:00:04  Show profile Send a private message
Does anyone know anyone selling an alpha Juno 2?

Also I am thinking of purchasing Cubase. Has anyone ever bought the pro education version and have you had any problems at all?

I want the education pro version but some websites say you need proof you are a teacher or full time student.
Also is there any limitations ?
I don't fancy paying over ?400 gbp for pro, and the education version is half the price. I can just about manage that.

Thanks peeps

Alert moderator
lewiscanon

United Kingdom
71 posts
Posted - 2016/12/18 :  21:01:52  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit lewiscanon's homepage
If yer tight oon a budget ye ever messed about wif Audacity ? If yer fixing oon been a producer wait till someone who is a pro in producing that may help ye in that field & may help ye wif a budget app that will provide all the features that ye need bud Hope ye get hints & tips :)

Once ye have some music ready use Soundcloud ti promote yer music

Alert moderator Go to top of page
Impulse_Response
Advanced Member

United States
724 posts
Impulse_Response has attended 1 event
Posted - 2016/12/18 :  22:06:15  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Impulse_Response's homepage
I can't comment on Cubase, but I use Reaper and it is an excellent option. It doesn't include all of the bonus nonsense like synths and samples, but it has all the capabilities of any professional quality DAW. You can get a discounted license for $60 if you use it just for personal use or if your music income doesn't exceed $20,000 per year, and they have an unlimited trial period with no restrictions whatsoever on the functionality of the software.

DJ_FunDaBounce
Advanced Member

Colombia
1,913 posts
Posted - 2016/12/19 :  02:59:24  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit DJ_FunDaBounce's homepage
Steinberg website says you need to be a student or teacher for the discount. That said there are the lower priced versions such as Cubase Artist and Cubase Elements, if your low on cash. I upgraded from a limited, but free, Cubase LE that came free with my soundcard and upgraded to Cubase Studio 4 which still wasn't the full version but heck, did it do wonders! ;)

I've climbed my way up since then and now on 7.5 but will probably make the jump to version 9 at a .5 release.

btw, as an alternative to a hardware version of alpha juno, try:

http://www.audiorealism.se/redominator.html

https://soundcloud.com/fundabouncedj
https://brightspeedrecordings.bandcamp.com

Every Saturday night from 10-12 (Bogota/Colombia time)
https://www.twitch.tv/fundabouncedj

Hard2Get
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
12,837 posts
Hard2Get has attended 21 events
Posted - 2016/12/19 :  08:43:06  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Hard2Get's homepage
quote:
Originally posted by scottyd2k9:

Also I am thinking of purchasing Cubase. Has anyone ever bought the pro education version and have you had any problems at all?

I want the education pro version but some websites say you need proof you are a teacher or full time student.
Also is there any limitations ?
I don't fancy paying over ?400 gbp for pro, and the education version is half the price. I can just about manage that.

Thanks peeps

You can buy Cubase Elements, which has most of the functionality of Cubase but misses out a few non-essential things (although they might be essential to you if you use them). I payed 80 pounds for it and the only thing that I've wanted to use but can't is the ability to side chain things.

Hard2Get
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
12,837 posts
Hard2Get has attended 21 events
Posted - 2016/12/19 :  08:46:42  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Hard2Get's homepage
quote:
Originally posted by scottyd2k9:

You should also look for an Alpha Juno 1 and MKS-50 as they have identical synth engines. The Juno 2 has a bigger keyboard and velocity sensitivty amongs other things, and the MKS-50 is a rackmount version. There used to be plenty on ebay, but i see the prices have gone up somewhat. When i bought mine (Alpha Juno 1) i payed 100, and the going price was around 120.

Edited by - Hard2Get on 2016/12/19 08:47:15
Benjaymun
Starting Member

Australia
6 posts
Posted - 2017/02/12 :  00:02:16  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Benjaymun's homepage
If you're looking for hoovers, a Roland MC909 has better hoover patches than an actual Alpha Juno I've found (well, an MKS-50 when I had one of those). They didn't put a supersaw patch in there, but there are half a dozen hoovers alright.

New PostPost Reply
 Printer friendly
  Verified artist
   Donating member How to donate

It took 1.12 ninja's to process this page!

HappyHardcore.com

1999 - 2024 HappyHardcore.com
audio: PRS for music. Build: 3.1.73.1

Go to top of page