Lost password
 Remember my login 
 All forums
 Music discussion - hardcore
 Clubland Weekender restrictions
 Printer friendly
Page: 
of 2

All users can post new topics in this forum. All users can reply to topics in this forum

Author Thread  
arpz
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,267 posts
arpz has attended 22 events
Posted - 2017/04/20 :  21:19:36  Show profile Send a private message
So ****ing disappointed.

Soundsystems, PAs and decks are prohibited on this site and will be confiscated by security until Monday check-out.

The Holiday Park sets a limit on the amount of alcohol you can bring onsite. Allowance per person on arrival (approx): 6 cans or 1 bottle of wine or a half bottle of spirits.

If you arrive with excessive amounts secuirty will confiscate it and provide you with a raffle token to collect the alcohol upon your departure.

However the onsite supermarket and bars sell at very reasonable prices (see below) and you can buy

as much booze as you want onsite, 24 hours a day! Please support the holiday park as much as you can.

Example Supermarket prices:

Stella: 10 x 440ml cans - ?10.99
Budweiser: 10 x 440ml cans - ?10.99
Magners: 10 x 440ml cans - ?14.55
Kopparberg: 10 x 330ml cans - ?15.25
Kronenbourg: 10 x 440ml cans - ?12.99

Mostly it's the decks situation I'm gutted about, was really up for having a mix up in the chalets etc. The drink situation is just an additional **** you really

Alert moderator
latininxtc
Advanced Member

United States
7,307 posts
latininxtc has attended 5 events
Posted - 2017/04/20 :  21:39:19  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit latininxtc's homepage
Budweiser??? What is it with brits and their obsession with that enema in a can that's passed off as beer? Looks like it'd be a Stella weekend for me! I'd try the other 3 since I've never heard of them.

Alert moderator Go to top of page
arpz
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,267 posts
Posted - 2017/04/20 :  21:43:59  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit arpz's homepage
Kronenbourg is my drink of choice, but it's double the price it should be....at least it's not too bad in the supermarket.

Decks tho.. :'(

jordesuvi

United Kingdom
143 posts
jordesuvi has attended 4 events
Posted - 2017/04/20 :  22:47:22  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit jordesuvi's homepage
Actually, compared to most festivals and events, the rules and alcohol prices here are pretty lenient.
At some festivals I've been to, if you're caught with more alcohol than they allow, they'll take it off you and you won't be getting any raffle ticket to get it back. You'll just have to get inside and wait in a queue that takes over an hour long to buy a pack of 10 beers that costs you over ?20.

Mickey Init
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
764 posts
Mickey Init has attended 3 events
Posted - 2017/04/20 :  23:32:31  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Mickey Init's homepage
quote:
Originally posted by latininxtc:
Budweiser??? What is it with brits and their obsession with that enema in a can that's passed off as beer? Looks like it'd be a Stella weekend for me! I'd try the other 3 since I've never heard of them.

Nobody drinks Budweiser over here. Last resort, maybe, but definitely not people's first choice. I've noticed something of a Coors resurgence in recent months, though. Ales seem to be growing in popularity, too.

Shame about the sound system restrictions. People bringing DJ kit always got ravers together during the downtime.

Samination
Advanced Member

Sweden
13,072 posts

195 hardcore releases
Samination has attended 17 events
Posted - 2017/04/21 :  04:35:30  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Samination's homepage
Kopparbergs is a swedish Cider. Basicly a soft drink with alcohol in it, and not like british (hard-)cider (Magners) that's just tastes like beer with fruit flavor added.

http://samination.se/
---------------------------------------------

arpz
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,267 posts
Posted - 2017/04/21 :  05:37:32  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit arpz's homepage
Magners is not "hard" cider in any sense, it's very sweet, just like koppadberg.

The drunken scotsman
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,486 posts
Posted - 2017/04/21 :  06:45:43  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit The drunken scotsman's homepage
Starting to go off lager these days. Would much rather get stuck into a selection of IPA's.

Cyrax
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
623 posts
Cyrax has attended 9 events
Posted - 2017/04/21 :  08:06:26  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Cyrax's homepage
I couldn't think of anything worse than being sober at that event!

I know it's over 18's but with the clubland brand and that parents/kids that it attracts at arena level, I did think to myself it would be funny seeing a family there next door to Shane and Tracy who are cooking Ketamine on there stove!

djDMS
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
10,304 posts

572 hardcore releases
djDMS has donated money to the site djDMS has attended 43 events
Posted - 2017/04/21 :  09:14:29  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit djDMS's homepage
You forgot to include 'Strictly no Freeform'

Cyrax
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
623 posts
Posted - 2017/04/21 :  09:29:45  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Cyrax's homepage
quote:
Originally posted by djDMS:

Even though Freeform is rubbish it would add some variation, I imagine quite a few tracks will get caned over and over by the same DJ's

djDMS
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
10,304 posts

572 hardcore releases
djDMS has donated money to the site djDMS has attended 43 events
Posted - 2017/04/21 :  09:34:02  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit djDMS's homepage
Totally agree.

Samination
Advanced Member

Sweden
13,072 posts

195 hardcore releases
Posted - 2017/04/21 :  09:36:30  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Samination's homepage
quote:
Originally posted by arpz:
Magners is not "hard" cider in any sense, it's very sweet, just like koppadberg.

I tried one that was called Hardcore cider, which was labeled as hard cider. It tasted much like beer to me that i just threw away more than half of it. Well I will say that this is the only time that I have tasted something that's been called Hard Cider, but Magners still tastes more like beer than Kopparbergs or Rekorderlig.

Cyrax
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
623 posts
Posted - 2017/04/21 :  09:36:52  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Cyrax's homepage
I've only been to the Bangface weekender and the best nights are Friday and Saturday

no point headliners playing on Sunday night as everyone is dying in their chalets

Leftfield played to about 40 people from what I can recollect

Samination
Advanced Member

Sweden
13,072 posts

195 hardcore releases
Posted - 2017/04/21 :  09:37:36  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Samination's homepage
quote:
Originally posted by Cyrax:
quote:
Originally posted by djDMS:

Even though Freeform is rubbish it would add some variation, I imagine quite a few tracks will get caned over and over by the same DJ's

Wait, I thought Kutski was classed as Freeform? :D

MC Deecee
Average Member

United Kingdom
194 posts
MC Deecee has attended 5 events
Posted - 2017/04/23 :  10:27:40  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit MC Deecee's homepage
In my experience all of those rules and restrictions are pretty standard, I'm sure I've seen more stringent terms than that in the past too.

The main thing I've seen people doing their nuts about is having to have ID, and it actually appears to genuinely come as a shock to people that an over 18s event on this scale would require it, when it's so blindingly obvious that photo ID would always be needed for something like This, it's just ridiculous, how anybody could think for one second that they wouldn't need any is beyond me, what's next, people trying to go abroad not knowing they need a passport?

For Christs sake.

Edited by - MC Deecee on 2017/04/23 10:41:40

New PostPost Reply
Topic is 2 pages long: 1  2
 Printer friendly
  Verified artist
   Donating member How to donate

It took 1.66 ninja's to process this page!

HappyHardcore.com

1999 - 2024 HappyHardcore.com
audio: PRS for music. Build: 3.1.73.1

Go to top of page