Lost password
 Remember my login 
 All forums
 Music discussion - hardcore
 Al Storm - Projections Of A Fractured Mind
 Printer friendly
Page: 
of 2

All users can post new topics in this forum. All users can reply to topics in this forum

Author Thread  
alstorm
Average Member

United Kingdom
190 posts
alstorm is verified hardcore artist
Posted - 2017/12/16 :  22:47:00  Show profile View artist profile Send a private message  Visit alstorm's homepage
alreeeet, not really one for posting stuff, prefer to lurk, and watch .. but thought I should! - will be a second volume, dependent when I can write some good enough music to accompany the bits that I have floating about!

http://www.hardcoreunderground.co.uk/store/view/al-storm-projections-of-a-fractured-mind

think its out now, Digital at least from HU! CD's I believe are slightly behind

feel free to let me know what you like or dont, even if there a sopping load of cats arse that should be deleted from history x

CD1: Upfront (Unmixed)
01: Al Storm feat. Mandy Edge - Without A Trace (Raver Baby Mix)
02: Al Storm feat. Mad Mind Jox - Breaks, Beats & A Piano
03: Scott Brown & Al Storm feat. Niki Mak - All My Dreams
04: Al Storm feat. Angie Brown - Fever
05: Storm & Euphony - Return To Dust
06: DJ Pulse & Al Storm feat. Donna-Marie - Wherever I Go
07: Al Storm & MC Whizzkid - Trigger
08: Al Storm feat. Malaya - It?s Over (Bananaman & Gisbo Remix)
09: DJ Storm - Hardcore Will Never Die
10: S3RL & Al Storm - Eh!??
11: Al Storm x Deadman - Always Be There
12: Al Storm & Rob IYF feat. Taya - Mysterious
13: Al Storm feat. Vicky Fee - Thunderground
14: Storm & Euphony feat. Mandy Edge - Hasta Ma?ana (Bananaman & Gisbo Remix)

CD2: Classics (Unmixed)
01 - Nu Foundation & Al Storm - Going Crazy (Blood, Sweat & Tears Mix)
02: Dougal & Gammer vs. Al Storm - The Essential Mega-Muffin (Use Somebody Mix)
03: Seduction & Al Storm - Make The Track Spin (Remix)
04: Al Storm - Dirtbox
05: Black & White feat. Taya - Everything You Do
06: Al Storm feat. Donna Grassie - Love The Way
07: Al Storm feat. Alison Wade - All Over Again
08: Al Storm - Droppin? Bombz
09: Al Storm feat. Taya - Stars Collide (Intro Mix)
10: Hixxy & Darren Styles - Happiness Happening (Slipmatt & Al Storm Remix)
11: Al Storm - Never Ever
12: Bang! vs. Al Storm - Flower Needs The Rain
13: Storm & Euphony - All I Wanna Do (Darren Styles Remix)
14: Al Storm feat. Katie Jewels - Never Alone
15: Sy & Al Storm - Do You Love Your Hardcore?
16: Al Storm feat. Ali - Heartache (Summertime Vibes Mix)
17: Kutski & Al Storm feat MC Whizzkid - Time 2 Move

Alert moderator

Edited by - alstorm on 2017/12/17 21:27:16
trippnface
Advanced Member

United States
1,654 posts
trippnface has attended 21 events
Posted - 2017/12/17 :  16:48:18  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit trippnface's homepage
ok!

disc 1. some stuff that been around for while ( that i been fiending for) , and some stuff i never heard

man. I been after " all my dreams" since * live at rehab, as well as " bass, drums, pianos, from the CLSM & entity mix. god damn. both tracks are an easy 10/10 for me.

wherever you go? 10/10. holy crap!

return to dust? 9/ 10.

"it's over" bananaman & gisbo remix - 10/10 seriouly one of my favorite uk hardcore tracks ever, and the remix keeps it absolutely solid.

storms current sound is easily as good as his older productions, if not BETTER. I seriously cannot say that about any hardcore artist right now. this is undoubtedly our top tier. I enjoy this even more than my favorite fracus & darwin tracks, which is #1 for me in the hardcore scene. this is seriously the only kind of stuff that makes me feel like old brisk & ham, dougal & gammer, sy & unknown. I almost forgot there was hardcore like this ( except from al storm pretty much). this style for me is EXACTLY what I always looked for. I Have ZERO complaints. The vocals are beautiful, insane piano riffs, the proper basslines and drum kicks, no whacky tryng to be 2017 updates. you ****ing murdered it bro.

Thundeground is epic. now this track sounds so fresh, with hints of that newer style sound, but storm just takes control and makes an epic uk hardcore banger. 9 - 10/10

" Hardcore till i die" favorite fkn track off both discs. LIKE WHAT. i am an addict for dnb and break beat, but a hands in the air euphoric vocal soldier. the fact my favorite track from storm was not a pure uk hardcore stormer just proves how ****ing talented he is. in fact, i think that one of my favorite al storm tracks ever. those old skool elements with your current flavor. nothing is better.nothing. that vocal snip from " perfect dreams" . omg dying it's so good. 15/10.

without a trace is also good, and the rest isnt too up my alley. but who gives a **** with a proper list like that?

everyone knows im a pretty large critic, but storm is a genius and this is ****ing hardcore :')

disc 2 doesnt even need to be mentioned if you been around.

" never ever" ? going crazy? MEGA MUFFIN? DROPPIN BOMBZ?

yea. i dont need to keep going, ****ing 10/10 classics through and through

buy this cd

you are legend dude, never stop <3

Alert moderator Go to top of page
Edited by - trippnface on 2017/12/17 16:51:02
CDJay
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
3,049 posts
Posted - 2017/12/17 :  18:11:11  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit CDJay's homepage
It's a sensational album. Al Storm writing what *Al Storm* wants to write is the bestestest thing ever.

CDJay

alstorm
Average Member

United Kingdom
190 posts
Posted - 2017/12/19 :  20:11:12  Show profile View artist profile  Send a private message  Visit alstorm's homepage
quote:
Originally posted by CDJay:
It's a sensational album. Al Storm writing what *Al Storm* wants to write is the bestestest thing ever.

CDJay

*giggles uncontrollably*

Vladel
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,514 posts
Posted - 2017/12/19 :  22:22:06  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Vladel's homepage
Mr Storm i just want to start out by saying i'm a massive fan for the most part (not so much the dark shadows stuff but that is simply taste). You have been one of the greats for the past twenty years in my book and have countless great tracks that i listen to on a regulat basis.

Not feeling this lot though.

The All my dreams collab is the standout highlight and i don't think we should have been made to wait nearly four years for it. I have listened to the welcome to the jungle promo in parts but mostly for the heart of gold update which is sadly still lost in limbo it seems which is a massive shame. It's a bit like another certain toytown remix and it's that kind of crap that gets very wound up. Anyhow, i don't want to discourage your efforts as you are like i say, one of my all time favourites.

trippnface
Advanced Member

United States
1,654 posts
Posted - 2017/12/20 :  19:03:52  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit trippnface's homepage
quote:
Originally posted by Vladel:
Mr Storm i just want to start out by saying i'm a massive fan for the most part (not so much the dark shadows stuff but that is simply taste). You have been one of the greats for the past twenty years in my book and have countless great tracks that i listen to on a regulat basis.

The All my dreams collab is the standout highlight and i don't think we should have been made to wait nearly four years for it. I have listened to the welcome to the jungle promo in parts but mostly for the heart of gold update which is sadly still lost in limbo it seems which is a massive shame. It's a bit like another certain toytown remix and it's that kind of crap that gets very wound up. Anyhow, i don't want to discourage your efforts as you are like i say, one of my all time favourites.

disc 2 though!?

classic uk hardcore al storm .

to each their own :p. can't please everyone I guess

* woow i just realized my download only had 14 tracks of disc 1, so i didnt even listen to everything :P

Edited by - trippnface on 2017/12/20 19:05:30
Bring Me Round To Love

United Kingdom
116 posts
Posted - 2017/12/20 :  20:36:34  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Bring Me Round To Love's homepage
Loving the Dark Shadows tracks by Al Storm, dark yet uplifting all at the same time, how Hardcore should be.

Reminds of albums like this:

ALEX - Blood Club (Full Album)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MAB-BVfPZt4

Has the same sort of vibe going on.

Edited by - Bring Me Round To Love on 2017/12/20 20:38:26
arpz
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,267 posts
arpz has attended 22 events
Posted - 2017/12/20 :  21:28:20  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit arpz's homepage
Posted my mix featuring a fair few tracks, check the mix forum if you care :)

Mad Max
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,017 posts

281 hardcore releases
Mad Max has attended 26 events
Posted - 2017/12/21 :  18:00:01  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Mad Max's homepage
Always brilliant work Al.

Take great pride in always making great hardcore music. You have always been consistently awesome! Extra respect as you fit it in around life.

Just do what you do and I will continue to enjoy. Thank you.

The Free of Form Show Every Thursday 7-9pm gmt

alstorm
Average Member

United Kingdom
190 posts
Posted - 2017/12/24 :  21:04:38  Show profile View artist profile  Send a private message  Visit alstorm's homepage
quote:

Haha 🤣.. all good, each to there own! I prefer to write music for projects, eventually when a track fits a project it will go out, maybe a week maybe 10 years :D

There is little value in releasing a big track like that it?s been far more valuable as a DJ tool, rather than getting released and drifting into the iTunes wilderness :D now I?ve walked away from DJing I?m slowly getting my unreleased stuff out while I start a fresh batch, though there is of course every chance my new stuff will be shit :D :p

Johnscardy

United Kingdom
48 posts
Posted - 2017/12/24 :  21:36:58  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Johnscardy's homepage
It's worth it purely for beats, breaks and a piano

alstorm
Average Member

United Kingdom
190 posts
Posted - 2017/12/24 :  22:35:05  Show profile View artist profile  Send a private message  Visit alstorm's homepage
quote:
Originally posted by Johnscardy:

haha exactly.. lots of very unique tracks in a very unique style (for better or worse) ..some won?t suit but the ones that do are probably worth getting the album for, as most people like the old stuff on the second SX anyway :-)

I do plan on doing much much more like this and Hardcore Will never Die though!

Vladel
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,514 posts
Posted - 2017/12/26 :  15:29:46  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Vladel's homepage
quote:
Originally posted by alstorm:
quote:

Haha 🤣.. all good, each to there own! I prefer to write music for projects, eventually when a track fits a project it will go out, maybe a week maybe 10 years :D

There is little value in releasing a big track like that it?s been far more valuable as a DJ tool, rather than getting released and drifting into the iTunes wilderness :D now I?ve walked away from DJing I?m slowly getting my unreleased stuff out while I start a fresh batch, though there is of course every chance my new stuff will be shit :D :p

There is value in allowing people the opportunity to own a song they really want in full without some overblown pill head failed rapper yelling all over it. I hate it when producers sit on their music denying their listeners, makes me ****ing furious.

trippnface
Advanced Member

United States
1,654 posts
Posted - 2017/12/26 :  17:43:58  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit trippnface's homepage
quote:
quote:

haha exactly.. lots of very unique tracks in a very unique style (for better or worse) ..some won?t suit but the ones that do are probably worth getting the album for, as most people like the old stuff on the second SX anyway :-)

yessssssss, such a good style!

alstorm
Average Member

United Kingdom
190 posts
Posted - 2017/12/28 :  10:51:57  Show profile View artist profile  Send a private message  Visit alstorm's homepage
quote:
quote:
quote:

There is value in allowing people the opportunity to own a song they really want in full without some overblown pill head failed rapper yelling all over it. I hate it when producers sit on their music denying their listeners, makes me ****ing furious.

im sure and it used to frustrate me years ago, but cold reality is for me at least if I had released those tracks when I made them, I wouldn't be here now or writing music, at the very lest this album wouldn't have appeared, those dub plates / tracks/ exclusives kept me going through a period when I wasn't writing anything, or very little, and some very dark times when I could easily have walked away. All My Dreams, as an example .. maybe there was something difficult around that time personally that I had to deal with, and it took me time to find the right moment to release it :P .. not everything is about denying people opportunity its about what I want to do with my music ;)

alstorm
Average Member

United Kingdom
190 posts
Posted - 2017/12/28 :  10:53:02  Show profile View artist profile  Send a private message  Visit alstorm's homepage
quote:
Originally posted by trippnface:
quote:
quote:

yessssssss, such a good style!

:D cheers bro

New PostPost Reply
Topic is 2 pages long: 1  2
 Printer friendly
  Verified artist
   Donating member How to donate

It took 2.05 ninja's to process this page!

HappyHardcore.com

1999 - 2024 HappyHardcore.com
audio: PRS for music. Build: 3.1.73.1

Go to top of page