Lost password
 Remember my login 
 All forums
 Music discussion - hardcore
 Moved: rave makina (north east)
 Printer friendly
Page: 
of 4

All users can post new topics in this forum. All users can reply to topics in this forum

Author Thread  
max fusion
Starting Member

United Kingdom
14 posts
Posted - 2005/06/28 :  08:20:57  Show profile Send a private message
has any one heard makina/rave tunes mostly played in the north east/newcastle. i nar tht mc storm nd dj scott brown r cumin up in august sum time for POWERHOUSE. but theres sum class tunes get played there. just wonderin if any1 else has herad any, nd if so wot r they called

dj fusion style haha

Alert moderator

Edited by - whispering on 2005/06/28 10:50:39
Samination
Advanced Member

Sweden
13,073 posts

195 hardcore releases
Samination has attended 17 events
Posted - 2005/06/28 :  09:30:41  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Samination's homepage
since makina is generally just like hardcore, why did you post this in other genres?

-==[[[ I'm the most paying pirate on the face of the web, j00 d1g? ]]]==-

http://samination.se/
---------------------------------------------

Alert moderator Go to top of page
max fusion
Starting Member

United Kingdom
14 posts
Posted - 2005/06/28 :  10:32:50  Show profile  Send a private message
coz there different. if i named makina/rave tunes most ppl wud be lik " EH" so thts y.

dj fusion style haha
makina is no1 4life

whispering

Finland
8,452 posts
whispering has donated money to the site
Posted - 2005/06/28 :  10:51:24  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit whispering's homepage
Moved to Music discussion - hardcore. Makina = Spanish Hardcore.

zippy
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
920 posts
zippy has attended 1 event
Posted - 2005/06/28 :  19:28:02  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit zippy's homepage
lollll i see your point fusion...to most on here,makina is the anti christ... talk to me,baldo or steve-o tho..... we'll hapily help how we can with al ur makina goodness

Edited by - zippy on 2005/06/28 19:28:33
TypeR
Advanced Member

Unknown
2,633 posts

55 hardcore releases
TypeR has donated money to the site TypeR has attended 11 events
Posted - 2005/06/28 :  19:29:52  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit TypeR's homepage
Bring it on Baldo and Steve-O! it's only a matter of time before they find this thread. Zippy, Baldo and Steve-O are our resident Makina guys. If you have any questions about Makina, they'd be able to answer them for sure.

Funshine
My Demo
Hardcore Rudebwoy
href="[email protected]" target="_blank" [email protected]" target="_blank" rel="nofollow">rel="nofollow">[email protected]
http://shop.happyhardcore.com/

zippy
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
920 posts
zippy has attended 1 event
Posted - 2005/06/28 :  19:38:20  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit zippy's homepage
lollllll...even i humble at baldos almost scary knowlage of all things spanish

but i hear rhumours of him slipping to the dark side!

breakbeat hardcore has its slippery little fingers around him and is temting him with all those cool interesting beats!

only time will tell

Edited by - zippy on 2005/06/28 19:39:46
Chris B
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
3,964 posts
Chris B has attended 30 events
Posted - 2005/06/28 :  23:02:04  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Chris B's homepage
First of all welcome to the site max mate and cheers to zippy and mr ritalin for the compliments. Wouldnt say i no everythin about makina but defo been a big part of my life last few years and a big chunk of my collection.

I still collect some bouncy old makina that gets played up north east but is gettin hard to find tunes that havent been played to death and some are jus too basic or cheesy. The one good thing has been http://www.factoriasonora.co.uk/ with loadsa unknowns if you check the whats new section loadsa quality new and old spanish beats.

Like some old style and italian but more in to the hard bcn stuff played at x-que and the way haston mixes it up, dont really like north east rave tapes cos not into many of the mc's at all. infact only stretch and techno t i enjoy listenin to bein honest. Went to hangar 13 once when it was still at mcewans centre and was a quality night, all north east ravers were some laff and up for a party would defo go back if they get a 3 deck setup.

And zippy theres more to life than cheesy bounce always been into loadsa styles of music and breakbeats and freeform bein my last phase on the decks. To be honest the best thing about makina is the 3 deck mixin cos sometimes sounds a bit weak without hardstyle or bases. Cant wait to get a 3rd deck but bet it'll be years before i crack that .

Still gotta try cos to be able to mix like this would be unreal http://www.sbthq.net/audio/mixes/javisession1.ram

Thats a javi tracker set off bounceman and hastons site http://www.sbthq.net/main.htm check it out for plenty of best mixes and tunes on net.

Venga familia!!!

TypeR
Advanced Member

Unknown
2,633 posts

55 hardcore releases
TypeR has donated money to the site TypeR has attended 11 events
Posted - 2005/06/28 :  23:12:19  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit TypeR's homepage
wow baldo, that was some frantic shit! I was diggin it alot, thats what i think about when it comes to playing some frantic happy hardcore. Imagine a live show and the dj were to trainwreck all three records!

Anyway, I had never heard that style of mixing before and I really liked it.

Funshine
My Demo
Hardcore Rudebwoy
href="[email protected]" target="_blank" [email protected]" target="_blank" rel="nofollow">rel="nofollow">[email protected]
http://shop.happyhardcore.com/

max fusion
Starting Member

United Kingdom
14 posts
Posted - 2005/06/29 :  01:00:32  Show profile  Send a private message
cheers baldo m8 but ii strethc is gettin better nd techno t hardly mc tht much. but tth factoria sonara site is class. nd so is www.ravers-central.co.uk
nearly every tune from makina nd it also has videos from clubs up here. but iii the clubs r gd but there gettin viloent now nd its gonna get closed down. so no more haston lol

dj fusion style haha
makina is no1 4life

Chris B
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
3,964 posts
Posted - 2005/06/29 :  13:58:55  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Chris B's homepage
Thats what i think about it bobby mate is a shame more people dont give it a chance. A lotta folk say they're findin new hardcore borin and miss the energy of the older stuff should defo try multideck makina sets . I like a mixture of different stuff but have to say theres nothin like bcn mixin for real energetic hardcore, especially when mixed with pitched up hardstyle or gabba.

Check out the link on my last post for plenty good mixes in that style anyway mate.

Cheers for website max bad to hear the scenes goin downhill can only say when i went to hangar everyone treated me and my mate shit hot, heard a lotta other raves are worse though. Anyway uk hardcore events are amazin at minute so only way i'l go back is for 3 decks if you no what i mean.

Venga familia!!!

Edited by - Chris B on 2005/06/29 13:59:27
max fusion
Starting Member

United Kingdom
14 posts
Posted - 2005/06/29 :  16:17:39  Show profile  Send a private message
iiii well its class if ur on the dex or mic but on the dancefloor it gets rough, coz the locals just go in for the fights. wen every1 else just wants to relax nd hav fun. but iii hangr 13 is class. nd theres a club called the new monkey nd thts north easts number 1. so u shud check tht out if ur up again m8. nd ppl do treat u wit respect on the floor but u get the usual thug lookin for a fight.

but thts life

dj fusion style haha
makina is no1 4life

steve O
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,128 posts
Posted - 2005/06/29 :  17:44:32  Show profile  Send a private message
Sorry zippy mate, im with Baldo, gotta have variety. Lovin breakbeat and freeform, but im always gona love makina (not monkey style tho!).

The new style of makina is awesome, much better than all the icecream van shit at the monkey and all the same tunes from the late 90's that get played at the hangar and other raves. I used to be into monkey and hangar etc when I was younger, but certain tunes are shit tbh, and the good ones just get played to death. I also stopped listenin to that style because of some bad run ins with charvers (namely one of mates being glassed for wearing a quicksilver t shirt and was therefore a 'hippy' - ****ing arsewipe) and so I decided I didn't want to be associated with charvers full stop or a scene like that.

I still love makina tho, all the new stuff (and some older tunes) I just despise the North East scene. Apart from what I said above, there is no progression in the music. Im into BCN style, the way makina should be mixed, which is almost like a different genre compared to north east makina and it is definitely a different scene.
As baldo said, check out haston's site, hes just put up his new session which is very makina based (whereas he used alot of hardstyle on his last one). The Dany BPM set is also excellent, there's so much going on. But the buys at the minute have to be Javi Tracker and Alfredo. One word can describe them b2b, AWESOME!

Bobby, im glad you like this style. Im surprised more people don't like it!

'BCN style'

Edited by - steve O on 2005/06/29 19:11:06
Chris B
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
3,964 posts
Posted - 2005/06/29 :  20:42:51  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Chris B's homepage
Good to see you again steve mate been a while, pc's still busted but got one at work now plus jumpin on my da's now and again.

To be honest though mate i'm not surprised more people dont like the bcn style because they dont bother listenin cos they see the word makina and think ice cream vans, kazoo's and poofy male vocals. Most people that actually listen to hard bcn style mixes love it jus not many people get to try it.

All my ravin mates from essex used to laugh when i said i dj'd makina but after playin them hastons session 8 and 9 plus a few spanish dj's i've got they love it.

Is exactly the same on the buzz forums though most folks think hardcore's shit and wont give it a chance and only like old makina. As i said need a variety to not get bored myself but makina old and new can be quality if you look for the right stuff.

Venga familia!!!

max fusion
Starting Member

United Kingdom
14 posts
Posted - 2005/07/06 :  02:08:22  Show profile  Send a private message
well i sorta despised the hardcore scene but i thort i might aswell giv it a chance. nd most of scott browns stuff i lik . but i tbh i no a lot of charvas nd they can be dikheds. they start on any1 for no reason. me nd me m8 got hit off a 30+ yr old man. for not givin him a cigerette. right d.i.k.h.e.d.s. but ive had tht anywhere i go so all i can say is thts life

dj fusion style haha
makina is no1 4life

lucificifus
Advanced Member

United States
1,518 posts
lucificifus has attended 2 events
Posted - 2005/07/06 :  02:23:45  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit lucificifus's homepage
quote:
Originally posted by Baldo:
... ice cream vans, kazoo's and poofy male vocals ...

I'm sorry, really, but what on earth does the aforementioned items have to do with makina?

-----------------------------
pump tha selectah!

New PostPost Reply
Topic is 4 pages long: 1  2  3  4
 Printer friendly
  Verified artist
   Donating member How to donate

It took 1.59 ninja's to process this page!

HappyHardcore.com

1999 - 2024 HappyHardcore.com
audio: PRS for music. Build: 3.1.73.1

Go to top of page