Page: 
of 4

Author Thread  
Chris B
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
3,964 posts
Chris B has attended 30 events
Posted - 2005/07/17 :  12:40:03  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Chris B's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by Brian K:
some makina is just god awful =/

your totally right mate and thats why i think it's got such a bad reputation, listen to this set though see what you think http://www.sbthq.net/audio/mixes/sessionmakina3decks8.ram

Thats dj haston mixin up makina properly but many others do the same.

ecstatic_manic_erocdrah spanish hardcore isnt all the same style thats why you get the variety your talking about. Think about uk hardcore there's breakbeats, freeform, bouncy, trancy etc it's the same in spain. Makina's just spanish hardcore and it's a country with a big scene and quality raves.

Venga familia!!!

Alert moderator Go to top of page
steve O
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,128 posts
Posted - 2005/07/17 :  20:18:35  Show profile  Send a private message  Reply with quote
^^^ You should listen to him, he's a knowledgable guy!

BK, of course some makina makes you wanna eat your own ears, but there are songs like that in every genre!

'BCN style'

Dave Tee
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
2,109 posts
Posted - 2005/07/17 :  22:08:31  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Dave Tee's homepage  Reply with quote
There is a lot of variation in Makina because it just means Spanish hardcore, so any hardcore song made in Spain (whether its bouncy style, gabber, trancey or even some hard house) is just called Makina.

Makina i think is Spanish for 'machine'.

At first when it started getting played back in 98 / 99 it was good to hear but as the years went by it started ruining the scene cos all that got played was old stuff and the mc's just became terrible. Now its all about the dj's making money by playin an old tune, then when all the youngsters like it they get it pressed and make a few grand, then the next week they've got a new old tune lol

The north east scene is terrible now IMO and needs something to help it get back to what it used to be..... i reccomend BCN.... without mc's

Check out my ebay auctions: http://search.ebay.co.uk/_W0QQsassZjohnt3478
Rare & wicked tunes 4 sale

whittle1
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
3,191 posts

25 hardcore releases
whittle1 has donated money to the site whittle1 has attended 15 events
Posted - 2005/07/17 :  22:14:36  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit whittle1's homepage  Reply with quote
I enjoy makina just for its general speed

---------------------------------------
You and me
We play amongst the stars
Forever searching
Ever Learning
Find just who we are
---------------------------------------

[email protected]

Chris B
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
3,964 posts
Posted - 2005/07/17 :  22:28:58  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Chris B's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by big-dave-1985:
i reccomend BCN.... without mc's [img]/images/forums/icon_Smile_big.gif

Hell yeah mate steve will agree to that aswell i personally find makina a bit too weak on 2 decks, is still alright but not the way it's supposed to be done. Needs a heavier bass like hardstyle behind it and the acid synths on the kick off's to really create an energy rush.

Makina dj's in spain are just immense though nobody that entertainin gets booked at events over here.

Venga familia!!!

DJSuperb
Average Member

United Kingdom
160 posts
Posted - 2005/07/17 :  22:56:41  Show profile  Send a private message  Reply with quote
quote:
There is a lot of variation in Makina because it just means Spanish hardcore, so any hardcore song made in Spain (whether its bouncy style, gabber, trancey or even some hard house) is just called Makina.

Makina i think is Spanish for 'machine'.

At first when it started getting played back in 98 / 99 it was good to hear but as the years went by it started ruining the scene cos all that got played was old stuff and the mc's just became terrible. Now its all about the dj's making money by playin an old tune, then when all the youngsters like it they get it pressed and make a few grand, then the next week they've got a new old tune lol

The north east scene is terrible now IMO and needs something to help it get back to what it used to be..... i reccomend BCN.... without mc's

What it needs is the djs/clubs/shops to work together and push new things rather than people pushing old tunes and ripping off the kids. It sickens me.

www.factoriasonora.co.uk/community

zippy
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
920 posts
zippy has attended 1 event
Posted - 2005/07/17 :  23:23:04  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit zippy's homepage  Reply with quote
a description of makina off www.maximakina.net-

Makina: Derived from the techno and the dance, it was born in Spain with the end from the Eighties. The makina is characterized by a rather high beat (towards the 180bpm) and of low powerful, of the melodies often accompanied by female singing exercises (Alpha industries vol2, pastis & buenri with I' m sailing).De our days, it exists two kinds of makina like several style (progressive, hardcore, techno): that of Barcelona and that of Valence: the difference reside in the melodies, that of valence in possede not much. Currently, a movement hardcore invaded Spain but it starts has to come to be established in France (dj makina "wagram" bit music). Like dj' S makina known, one finds Dani Fiesta, Fabian El Salvador, Dj Skudero (also hardcore has Pont Aeri). One will retain that the makina evolved/moved much since its creation, as well at the technical level on the mental age. Indeed, in Spain, it becomes in the young people a great passion! Reference: X-That, Chasis, Scorpia, Aeri Bridge.

you can well tell i just used a translator...and to be honest not really the best description.....

- Makina is bouncy Spanish dance music, with UK Hardcore traits, dissimilar enough to be audibly different and deserving of its own category.

It is usually characterized by its resonating synthesized sounding chords, and has a weaker but higher octave sounding punchier kick drum than the similar United Kingdom produced tracks.

Makina is also popular in North East England, where both gabber and bouncy techno had been played for many years previously.

another copied description.

makina in my opinion is basicly hardcore predominantly based on the main melody....usually a really cool catchy riff...it features punchyer kicks as said above and usually has higher pitched female vocals. more bounces rather than euphoric as say freeform is.

however...as can be seen from the mixes on
www.sbthq.net

makinas best bit (and what its survival depends upon) is its ability to co-exsist with other genres such as bouncyer uk hardcore,hardstyle,gabber etc.

probably forgot to mention loads of inportant stuff like ´base tracks´ etc...but im in magaluf thenow and mega hungover.

hope this kinda helps tho

Dave Tee
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
2,109 posts
Posted - 2005/07/17 :  23:24:08  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Dave Tee's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by Baldo:
quote:
i reccomend BCN.... without mc's [img]/images/forums/icon_Smile_big.gif

Hell yeah mate steve will agree to that aswell i personally find makina a bit too weak on 2 decks, is still alright but not the way it's supposed to be done. Needs a heavier bass like hardstyle behind it and the acid synths on the kick off's to really create an energy rush.

Makina dj's in spain are just immense though nobody that entertainin gets booked at events over here.

Venga familia!!!

I've just bought some hardstyle to try it out before i splash out on my 3rd deck & new 3 channel mixer, just to see what its like to mix. I cant wait to try it!!

I'm totally new to buying hardstyle but i'm really after this:

Sigma Gold volume 3 - Sigma Records

Do you know anywhere i could get it?? cheers

Chris B
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
3,964 posts
Posted - 2005/07/17 :  23:38:56  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Chris B's homepage  Reply with quote
http://www.recess.nl/info.asp?Info=14696

there you go mate i'm quite new to the hardstyle myself but best place i've found is http://www.germantrance.com/ but i'm sure theres more out there. You'll enjoy mixin it anyway defo adds more variety and pitches up to mix with anythin, i especially like mixin it over tunes like "rock ya hardcore" if you no what i mean.

Venga familia!!!

Dave Tee
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
2,109 posts
Posted - 2005/07/18 :  00:03:33  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Dave Tee's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by Baldo:
http://www.recess.nl/info.asp?Info=14696

there you go mate i'm quite new to the hardstyle myself but best place i've found is http://www.germantrance.com/ but i'm sure theres more out there. You'll enjoy mixin it anyway defo adds more variety and pitches up to mix with anythin, i especially like mixin it over tunes like "rock ya hardcore" if you no what i mean.

Venga familia!!!

Cheers m8, but with shipping its gonna cost me £16!

Sigma Gold 3 is amazing, you should check it out if you dont all ready have it.
I found it on germantrance.com but its out of stock
I'll keep looking for it.... or if you find it in a uk store please let me know, cheers

ecstatic_manic_erocdrah

United States
353 posts
Posted - 2005/07/18 :  00:04:09  Show profile  Send a private message  Reply with quote
The speed is the only thing i like about this "genre". Sounds to me like a made up genre of styles that are not consistant. Uk hardcor yes has the breakbeats and freeform and all that but is organized in the sense of it falls under a steady variation. But yeah i kinda like it but hmm just odd to me i guess b/c of well to be honest my ignorants of it. So i mean does this genre release music or is sorta just a old retired anthems sorta like hhc?

>HARTER KOPF<

IMAGNE PEACE*

SAVE THE CHEESE!
>>SAVE THE SOUND<<

--htid_ostid--

zippy
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
920 posts
zippy has attended 1 event
Posted - 2005/07/18 :  00:17:58  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit zippy's homepage  Reply with quote
it sure does....check out releases by.....

xque? records
bit music
ruboy records
pont aeri records
makina inside
blanko y negro

etc....it is an actual genre....and almost all makina releases will fall under the category of almost fast dance music...(reason being its pretty mainstream in spain)...so expect punchy less hard kicks,nice vocals,good melodies...the gabba,hardstyle etc...is actual gabba and hardstyle...they just incorporate it into the mixes as makina djs are cool...and it makes things interesting and tunes sound like whole new ones.

Brian K
Advanced Member

United States
8,663 posts

528 hardcore releases
Brian K has attended 5 events
Posted - 2005/07/18 :  04:28:06  Show profile  Send a private message  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by zippy:
often accompanied by female singing exercises

haha jane fonda does hardcore, other than the mokum rip =P

listened to that mix, enjoyed the stuff like at 43:20...dirty and acidy, reminds me a lot of old terror traxx stuff. I don't like the sped up vocals throughout the set though.

don't really care for trancy synths either. I like the squeeky 303s but some of the tunes are just too cheesy.

"we'll delete the weak"

Chris B
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
3,964 posts
Posted - 2005/07/18 :  09:12:00  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Chris B's homepage  Reply with quote
Fair enough brian mate can understand why it was not your thing, to be honest a lotta makina sounds more commercial than old dutch/scottish style. Glad you actually gave it a listen though think most the people that say they hate makina dont even really no what it is.

Dave mate only other site i can find is from australia so probs same difference for shipping, probs best to see if theres a coup,le you like shippin wont be too bad.

Venga familia!!!

Edited by - Chris B on 2005/07/18 09:14:18
bristolboy05
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
955 posts
bristolboy05 has attended 12 events
Posted - 2005/07/18 :  09:42:49  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit bristolboy05's homepage  Reply with quote
female singing voices sound brilliant in hardcore.

sell me ur soul and ill bring u power, sell me ur soul and darkness will roll. (its white magic, bad magic)

New PostPost Reply
Topic is 4 pages long: 1  2  3  4
 Printer friendly
  Verified artist
   Donating member How to donate

It took 1.88 ninja's to process this page!

HappyHardcore.com

1999 - 2024 HappyHardcore.com
audio: PRS for music. Build: 3.1.73.1

Go to top of page