Printer friendly
Page: 
of 8

Author Thread  
Phantom Eagle
Starting Member

Germany
13 posts
Posted - 2005/10/19 :  18:32:32  Show profile  Send a private message  Reply with quote
When you ask me about the old hardcore, my story is a bit kind of special, I think because when I heard the first hardcore traxx in my life I was just around 8 years old. So, how can an eight-year-old boy get to HappyHardcore traxx?? He grabs the sampler-cds from his parents - and that's what I did - I sat there at the cdplayer with the headphone and was hearing this happyhardcore stuff, e.g. "International Hits '95" for hours and hours. Then, a few years later we moved into another town where I still live today, and however I did not hear any happyhardcore stuff anymore - that's the story of my way to old hardcore.

Concerning the new hardcore I came originally to it by www.technokrone.tk, a big German TechnoCommunity where D.I. Radio supports for nearly each style of the electro music an own radio channel. So I began to hear the HappyHardcore channel, btw. this was how I came to happyhardcore.com, too. All these things happened this year.

Greetings
Phantom Eagle

Alert moderator Go to top of page
Edited by - Phantom Eagle on 2005/10/19 18:37:06
Dj DontStop

Canada
273 posts
Posted - 2005/11/03 :  10:43:22  Show profile  Send a private message  Reply with quote
i used 2 listen to metal and punk (Anti-Flag, Coal Chamber Ect.)

then i started hanging out with a guy (now my best friend) who had 2 10 ich crappy ass subs, and every lunch we'd goto the mcdonalds and he'd crank up some Dj Mystik, and i would be soo embarassed i'd slide my seat back and shit. corny ass lyrics about moonlight shadows and shit. so i went out to search out some good songs (dont get me wrong now, i like dj mystik, its just not the kinda shit u blast at max vol when ur rolling around the school parking lot),

and then i found Scott Bornw...

_AnGeL_
Starting Member

United Kingdom
1 post
Posted - 2005/11/11 :  11:30:43  Show profile  Send a private message  Reply with quote
I blame my boyfriend, i was never into Happy Hardcore till i meet him since then thats the only type of music that plays in my house. Im lovin most of Dj Hixxys stuff especially on Bonkers.

Righteous9
Advanced Member

United States
1,516 posts
Righteous9 has attended 2 events
Posted - 2006/03/26 :  19:53:05  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Righteous9's homepage  Reply with quote
I never really hung out with the popular crowd, although, my school was small (like 250 kids) so everybody knows you. I started skating in 95' and I went to my first rave in 96' called Dimension in Madison, WI, started meeting mostly ravers/cocaine addicts in 97' when I graduated High School. They listened to just about everything. Then I got in trouble with the law and ended up just listening to Underground Hip-hop and what ever electronica I could get from Sam Goody. I was embarrassed to even skate in Chicago because I had no friends... I met H2bH in 2002 and that got me where I am today which is trying to spin hardcore in clubs and stuff. I'm not that heavy in Chicago but I always show the DJs love! It seems like once you've been to a rave it sticks with you. I don't know, I just hated pop! I would listen to the jungle and techno shows on WNUR and donate to non-commercial radio like that. But for me, Hardcore is my favorite, because it's fun... I have no deep reason, just I like the feeling... I wish I would have been raving back in the day but the cops bothered me! I almost kill myself trying to be real to Hardcore! Nobody really spins it except for in SF or NY... I plan to take a trip to the UK eventually and really find out what it means to me.... Yeah, I gotta get out more often but no endz...

http://www.facebook.com/matthew.djghostly.mccoy
http://www.rapfamily.info

ben_innit
Starting Member

United Kingdom
9 posts
Posted - 2006/05/10 :  19:22:43  Show profile  Send a private message  Reply with quote
i only just got into hardcore well recently = my first rave was raindance, like 2 weeks ago :) loved it, on some music scenes theres a lot of poserish people, and stuff like that, but when youre dancing everyone is just loving the music and i well like the vibes everyone gives off

a few new, but well safe mates got me into it, listening to tunes like dougal and gammers mix of the 6th gate, and let the music by eruption; well loving it, and cant wait to go freeformation and mayb supernova in a couple weeks time.

happyhardcore.com's radio is a well good service, listening to it atm, thanks a bundle :)

FriedRice
Advanced Member

Australia
669 posts
FriedRice has attended 5 events
Posted - 2006/05/11 :  02:20:40  Show profile  Send a private message  Reply with quote
My friend introduced me to Trance & Hardcore at the same time....
shooting star & in my dreams...blew my mind
Then i found this site one day at uni
Never looked back :)

cheekyb
Starting Member

United Kingdom
5 posts
cheekyb has attended 2 events
Posted - 2006/07/06 :  11:32:53  Show profile  Send a private message  Reply with quote
i got in 2 hardcore thro my dad n my cosins ther now into hardhouse/techno
xx

SlimeShady

United Kingdom
104 posts
Posted - 2006/07/13 :  15:53:40  Show profile  Send a private message  Reply with quote

I got into the rave scene after my first illegal warehouse party in Essex in '89. (Anyone remember the days of driving to some services to get new directions....)
Been in love with the music ever since.
Started listening to Happy Hardcore around '93/'94. Was loving DJ Hixxy's sets at first but I like my tunes to be that little bit harder, that's when I got into the Hard Dance scene mainly following The Tidy Boys (they're productions are awesome). Still went raving as much as possible but found most of the music had started using cheesy chipmunk vocals and I was going off it big time. Over the past five years I started to drop other types of music and started to listen exclusively to hardcore mainly because its the only music that uplifts me. So you could say I've been around since the beginning.

dj jaki
Starting Member

United Kingdom
12 posts
Posted - 2006/08/06 :  11:54:05  Show profile  Send a private message  Reply with quote
i heard it off the internet and the first happy hardcore dj i knew was dj rankin and then i found out about this fake dj cammy so i just liked happy hardcore since and now i fort i mite try to be a real happy hardcore DJ!!!!!!!!!!

iluvhrdcor
Advanced Member

Australia
589 posts
iluvhrdcor has attended 1 event
Posted - 2006/08/19 :  07:43:39  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit iluvhrdcor's homepage  Reply with quote
well i actually hate your normal pop music and i grew up with a bunch of people that loved that shit and i knew there was something different out there or that i was different to them, and when i found the music and played hardcore everyday they all thought i was strange but i can't help but love hardcore. everyone wonders why i am not a DJ yet because i play it and i live it and i love it.

NATO

United States
29 posts

195 hardcore releases
NATO has attended 1 event
Posted - 2006/11/04 :  05:38:56  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit NATO's homepage  Reply with quote
My brother was a house dj around minnesota. I literally followed his foot steps and became a dj around minnesota(now the midwest). I told him I wanted to spin either speed garage or drum n bass and he advised against both at the time. He showed me a couple cds, Vinylgroover Anthems vol.1, and United Dance vol.2. Kindof went from there...Now I spin happy hardcore/breakbeat hardcore, drum n bass/jungle, and speed garage/house/acid house.

Maximum Choonage

[email protected]

starspirit
Starting Member

United Kingdom
15 posts
starspirit has attended 6 events
Posted - 2006/11/30 :  00:42:23  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit starspirit's homepage  Reply with quote
hehee its wicked to hear all the different storys of how everyone has got into hardcore and how its gotten into there life...and how awesome that is,my story would be about 2 year ago just simply listening to some hardcore tunes from the net and then...i couldnt help myself and now i find its just something that doesnt stop but make me happy,no matter how bad of a mood im in or if ive had a bad day..i always smile when i hear hardcore....and it just takes over...makes me feel happy and good :) always x

Project-Industrial
Advanced Member

Netherlands
2,481 posts

33 hardcore releases
Project-Industrial has attended 24 events
Posted - 2006/11/30 :  08:20:50  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Project-Industrial's homepage  Reply with quote
i wos listenin to sum fm radio and i thought hey nice track wot issit it wos neophyte - alles kapot

and i thuoght lets buy sum ofthis then i start mixin it couse i thought that wos funny and so i started 2 be a hardcore dj @ age 12 and got more into it :)

http://www.project-industrial.com
http://www.discogs.com/label/Furious+Monkey+Records
http://www.furiousmonkeyrecords.com/

skillz
Starting Member

United Kingdom
1 post
Posted - 2006/12/04 :  23:41:33  Show profile  Send a private message  Reply with quote
i got into hardcore when bonkers 2 was just out and i have still got the cds and i have not stopped loving hardcore since then. hixxy rules

gilead

United States
21 posts
gilead has attended 2 events
Posted - 2006/12/07 :  06:18:29  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit gilead's homepage  Reply with quote
hate to say it but about a year ago i was saying heck no to techno, and listening mainly to ska and punk. but my buddy introduced me to some classical remixes and eventually to happy 2b hardcore 4 and i was hooked on the stuff ever since.

New PostPost Reply
Topic is 8 pages long: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8
 Printer friendly
  Verified artist
   Donating member How to donate

It took 1.66 ninja's to process this page!

HappyHardcore.com

1999 - 2024 HappyHardcore.com
audio: PRS for music. Build: 3.1.73.1

Go to top of page