Printer friendly
Page: 
of 10

Author Thread  
Pandemonium

United States
26 posts
Pandemonium has attended 1 event
Posted - 2001/09/23 :  17:43:16  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Pandemonium's homepage  Reply with quote
So, how is the "People's Choice" thing going to work?

Aren't you going to have to put every single entry online for people to listen to and vote on?

Alert moderator Go to top of page
silver
Admin

Japan
12,549 posts

894 hardcore releases
silver is verified hardcore artist silver is a site donation subscriber silver has attended 108 events
Posted - 2001/09/24 :  06:46:18  Show profile View artist profile  Send a private message  Visit silver's homepage  Reply with quote
Elation: use CoolEdit 2000, it's easy and it's cheap. Download a trial version from http://www.syntrillium.com/cooledit/index.html

If you want to save to 56K Mono, load your sound file into the Cool Edit 2000 and press Save As, change the type to MPEG 3 and then press Options, on the second drop down menu there will be a range of sample and bit rates, change it too 56K, 22050 Hz, Mono. Click ok and then save the file.

Pandemonium: Yep

dj-efeks

Australia
298 posts
Posted - 2001/09/24 :  10:37:13  Show profile  Send a private message  Reply with quote
my mix runs about 31 minutes 20 long, is it like a definate has to be under 30 minutes? if so ill just cut it after the last breakdown which shud put it under 30 min...

...we were taught to believe, that everyone was created equal in the masterplan...

seand
Starting Member

9 posts
Posted - 2001/09/24 :  17:01:51  Show profile  Send a private message  Reply with quote
quote:
my mix runs about 31 minutes 20 long, is it like a definate has to be under 30 minutes?

well im going to say YES, since it is in the rules..no more than 30 minutes...the idea behind a timelimit is so people are forced to be creative and "color within the lines" at the same time...when you play at a party for a 60 min slot, do you say "my set is 61 minutes and 20 seconds...im sure the next dj wont mind..." ?

how bout you submit your set as is, and see if you get disqualified or not :) then you will have your answer...

cucumber
unaccountably
cucumbering
-Paul Reps

-Paul Reps

Elation
Average Member

Canada
232 posts
Posted - 2001/09/24 :  17:32:02  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Elation's homepage  Reply with quote
kik azz. no worries, i downloaded a wee program.

(:(:happyhardcoresmiles:):)

silver
Admin

Japan
12,549 posts

894 hardcore releases
silver is verified hardcore artist silver is a site donation subscriber silver has attended 108 events
Posted - 2001/09/24 :  21:48:26  Show profile View artist profile  Send a private message  Visit silver's homepage  Reply with quote
Ok here's there score I didn't know Cool Edit had a 1 minute restriction so this will fix you up. I have gotten tones of encoded questions here is what you need to do.

Once you have your WAV file
Download this program (it's free)

http://www.mthreedev.com/wavencoder.html

1. Add your WAV file to the window (drag the file in)

2. Click Options from the menu bar then Choose Change Encoding properties.

3. Change the Bitrate drop down menu to 56kbps and the Channel to Mono, Click ok
4. Press Encode, choose directory.

Finished - upload your mix.

silver
Admin

Japan
12,549 posts

894 hardcore releases
Posted - 2001/09/25 :  21:55:35  Show profile View artist profile  Send a private message  Visit silver's homepage  Reply with quote
A reminder you have less than 24 hours to upload your mixes if you havn't already.

Dj Pixel

United States
67 posts
Posted - 2001/09/25 :  23:48:34  Show profile  Send a private message  Reply with quote
were we supposed to get an email confirmation or anything? i uploaded last week and the web site said my upload was complete. so yeah.

-Pixel-

silver
Admin

Japan
12,549 posts

894 hardcore releases
Posted - 2001/09/26 :  00:35:44  Show profile View artist profile  Send a private message  Visit silver's homepage  Reply with quote
There is no email confirmation, although thinking about it now I should have probally made it (haha)...

your mix is okay.

Dj Pixel

United States
67 posts
Posted - 2001/09/26 :  01:14:54  Show profile  Send a private message  Reply with quote
lol, theres always next time

-Pixel-

Elation
Average Member

Canada
232 posts
Posted - 2001/09/26 :  14:04:05  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Elation's homepage  Reply with quote
yea, i was wondering the same thing too. about e-mail confermation. ive been sweatin the last couple days goin...did he get it? did he get it?

hope you did.

(:(:happyhardcoresmiles:):)

silver
Admin

Japan
12,549 posts

894 hardcore releases
Posted - 2001/09/26 :  21:38:51  Show profile View artist profile  Send a private message  Visit silver's homepage  Reply with quote
The compeition is now closed but such a massive response! Thanks and good luck to the 33 entries we received... and who said hardcore is dead!? All valid entries will be judged as quickly as possible but please be patient as some judges have busy schedules and it might take 2-3 weeks for final judgment to come in. There will be two rounds of judging, the first for the main prizes and once these winners have been announced the peoples choice awards will commence and run for 14 days where the public will vote on your mix to win prizes, after this time winners will be announced and all prizes delivered.

lilhyver
Starting Member

1 post
Posted - 2001/09/27 :  00:38:26  Show profile  Send a private message  Reply with quote
ok, I'm desperate, the whole last week I've had to work 12 hour shifts every day, with school, I had no time to figure out how to convert and upload my mix, is there anyway you could cut me a break and let me upload it, or I could send it to you over Icq anything, I'm desperate :(

silver
Admin

Japan
12,549 posts

894 hardcore releases
Posted - 2001/09/27 :  04:33:46  Show profile View artist profile  Send a private message  Visit silver's homepage  Reply with quote
lilhyver: sorry mate ... rules are rules and if I break the rules myself then what good are the rules in the first place. Keep your mix for the next competition.

MC RizlaDizla
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,056 posts
MC RizlaDizla is verified hardcore artist MC RizlaDizla has attended 20 events
Posted - 2001/09/27 :  07:12:56  Show profile View artist profile  Send a private message  Visit MC RizlaDizla's homepage  Reply with quote
I know its bad. My ****ing poxy work made me go to the bloodly midlands, and what was suppose to be a 9-5 job turnt out to be a 9am to 1am in the bloddy morning. Proppa wanted the DJ's to hear my mix as well. Put me on a right downer for today.

"Oh my goodness, Oh my Gosh. Here we go with a badboy rush".

New PostPost Reply
Topic is 10 pages long: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10
 Printer friendly
  Verified artist
   Donating member How to donate

It took 1.36 ninja's to process this page!

HappyHardcore.com

1999 - 2024 HappyHardcore.com
audio: PRS for music. Build: 3.1.73.1

Go to top of page