2001 HappyHardcore.com DJ Mix competition
 Printer friendly
Page: 
of 10

Author Thread  
dj-efeks

Australia
298 posts
Posted - 2001/10/30 :  21:00:40  Show profile  Send a private message  Reply with quote
yeaa this is well wicked, good luck to everyone...

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
feel the fury... hardcore. never. dies

Alert moderator Go to top of page
silver
Admin

Japan
12,549 posts

894 hardcore releases
silver is verified hardcore artist silver is a site donation subscriber silver has attended 108 events
Posted - 2001/10/30 :  21:51:26  Show profile View artist profile  Send a private message  Visit silver's homepage  Reply with quote
1 is the worst 5 is the best

----------------------------------
you, me and hardcore forever.

silver
Admin

Japan
12,549 posts

894 hardcore releases
silver is verified hardcore artist silver is a site donation subscriber silver has attended 108 events
Posted - 2001/10/30 :  22:10:26  Show profile View artist profile  Send a private message  Visit silver's homepage  Reply with quote
I actually had a alot of filtering and dupe vote checking enabled and it seemed to work too well... It only counted your first vote in a 24 hour and per user session time period... I have adjusted things slightly...

but I ask people could they please re-submit their votes.

Elation
Average Member

Canada
232 posts
Posted - 2001/10/30 :  23:53:33  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Elation's homepage  Reply with quote
hey everybody

im totaly excited. this is wicked. i wish you all the best of luck

(:(:happyhardcoresmiles:):)

aznwasian

United States
428 posts
Posted - 2001/10/31 :  00:05:10  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit aznwasian's homepage  Reply with quote
i have now listened to 6 hours of music. im workin my way through the list high through low... i hope i can get them all in...

¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸aZnWaSiAn¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯
-I can't stop raving...

dj-efeks

Australia
298 posts
Posted - 2001/10/31 :  02:54:52  Show profile  Send a private message  Reply with quote
hehe ive listened to em all now, streams really well for me suprisingly, doesnt usually hehe

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
feel the fury... hardcore. never. dies

Pandemonium

United States
26 posts
Pandemonium has attended 1 event
Posted - 2001/10/31 :  03:11:38  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Pandemonium's homepage  Reply with quote
What with all the dupe checking, are other people behind my firewall (read: with the same IP addy) gonna be able to vote as well as myself and have it count correctly?

silver
Admin

Japan
12,549 posts

894 hardcore releases
Posted - 2001/10/31 :  03:24:53  Show profile View artist profile  Send a private message  Visit silver's homepage  Reply with quote
Pandemonium: I am not going to exactly tell everyone how the dupe checking works but rest assured I have taken proxies into account.

DJ Mouse
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
2,687 posts
DJ Mouse has attended 1 event
Posted - 2001/11/01 :  07:47:50  Show profile  Send a private message  Reply with quote
well i've listened to them all,they're all good but there's 4 mixes that stand out above the rest,i say no more

DJ Mouse In Da House!!!

Brian K
Advanced Member

United States
8,663 posts

528 hardcore releases
Brian K has attended 5 events
Posted - 2001/11/01 :  15:04:18  Show profile  Send a private message  Reply with quote
f*ck n' a, my head is hurting from listening to so many mixes, i guess i'm not as hardcore as i thought =P

i also wanted to add that it's nice to see producers dropping some of their own chunes in the mixes =)

"If Yoda so smart in Force is, why words in right order he put not?"

Oli G
Advanced Member

United States
1,817 posts
Oli G is verified hardcore artist Oli G has donated money to the site Oli G has attended 41 events
Posted - 2001/11/02 :  12:46:01  Show profile View artist profile  Send a private message  Visit Oli G's homepage  Reply with quote
Good luck to all the entrys....
ive listend to about 3 so far.. i dont have the time.. with work.. ****in uni and plaping hardhouse out and about...

i lookd thru the tracklistings... a lot of oldksool style hardcore.. nice to see it.. some scott brown-esque ness and i think it should be a close result... i just hope no tit trys to throw it by setting up hundresds of proxys and voting thru them (ur system may be good silver but there *will* be a way round it.. ytheres a way round everything)

:D

GL all

http://www.myspace.com/camelrecords

Oli G
Advanced Member

United States
1,817 posts
Oli G is verified hardcore artist Oli G has donated money to the site Oli G has attended 41 events
Posted - 2001/11/02 :  13:14:05  Show profile View artist profile  Send a private message  Visit Oli G's homepage  Reply with quote
OverFlow... Your Tune (first one in your set) OWNS..

who elese has used there own tunes in there mixes?

http://www.myspace.com/camelrecords

seand
Starting Member

9 posts
Posted - 2001/11/02 :  16:43:43  Show profile  Send a private message  Reply with quote
the only thing i find that will make this voting less of a vote and more of a popularity contest is the fact you listed the dj name next to the mixes.

ive found by doing this myself trying to prove that the promoter had no idea what talent was, but only focused on names.....if you give someone a set by someone they know is sposed to be good or is a superstar dj, the recipient will think the set is great..no matter how pisspoor it is....now if you take that exact same set and toss your name on it, if you are a nobody, and hand it to the same person, chances are really good they will tell you it sucks...

i think the concentration would be greater on the sets and less on only listening to names you know/recognize/are friends with if you only listed the sets without being accompanied by who did the set.

you would also not have as large of a worry for offsetting the votes...but i mean if someone really wants to win that bad that they offset the votes..all the power to them....you wouldnt be winning the peoples choice award then..youd be winning your own choice award...but i guess that would make someone feel all powerful and special then...

ok nuff ranting...

i have listened to almost every set so far...i have found one in particular that has impressed me more than any of the other sets. and low and behold, it wasnt a large name...atleast not a large one to me. there were other really well done sets, but one in particular that got my vote. i hope this clown wins...id say who it is, but i don think im sposed to do that :)

good luck to all that participated...this was a grande idear...

cucumber
unaccountably
cucumbering
-Paul Reps

Edited by - seand on 02 Nov 2001 16:47:18

-Paul Reps

Lixx
Advanced Member

United States
1,338 posts

288 hardcore releases
Lixx has attended 1 event
Posted - 2001/11/02 :  20:05:16  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Lixx's homepage  Reply with quote
I think you may be slightly right but the hardcore scene in general is not as pretentious as the like the progressive trance scene. We're still underground so name throwing is pretty much worthless and a lot of "nobodies" and bedroom dj's have mad skills. As long as people don't only listen to the mixes done by the more popular dj's I don't think we're going to have a lot of name-preference problems. I do see your point though.
-Lixx

DJ Mouse
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
2,687 posts
DJ Mouse has attended 1 event
Posted - 2001/11/03 :  15:53:21  Show profile  Send a private message  Reply with quote
well it's the end of the week,results coming soon i hope!!!! once again,best of luck everyone

DJ Mouse In Da House!!!

New PostPost Reply
Topic is 10 pages long: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10
 Printer friendly
  Verified artist
   Donating member How to donate

It took 1.59 ninja's to process this page!

HappyHardcore.com

1999 - 2024 HappyHardcore.com
audio: PRS for music. Build: 3.1.73.1

Go to top of page