Page: 
of 4

Author Thread  
PsychoticRaver
Average Member

United Kingdom
185 posts
PsychoticRaver has attended 2 events
Posted - 2006/12/06 :  15:46:53  Show profile  Send a private message  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by MegaJynx:
Its times like these that shut people up that think Hardcore might be dying. I was shocked that four (five counting Hardcore Adrenaline) Hardcore albums are coming out this month alone, but this takes the cake. I think we all should give a huge shoutout to The Acolyte, not only for this massive achivement, but for bringing hardcore one step closer to the mainstream.

I for one don't want hardcore going mainstream and commercial!

:P.

Alert moderator Go to top of page
DarrenJ
Advanced Member

Australia
2,626 posts
DarrenJ has attended 12 events
Posted - 2006/12/06 :  16:10:39  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit DarrenJ's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by PsychoticRaver:
quote:
Its times like these that shut people up that think Hardcore might be dying. I was shocked that four (five counting Hardcore Adrenaline) Hardcore albums are coming out this month alone, but this takes the cake. I think we all should give a huge shoutout to The Acolyte, not only for this massive achivement, but for bringing hardcore one step closer to the mainstream.

But we are talking about USA here, they dont even have CD releases like UK
any exposure is good

Edited by - DarrenJ on 2006/12/06 16:11:27
MegaJynx

United States
85 posts
Posted - 2006/12/06 :  18:28:53  Show profile  Send a private message  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by DarrenJ:
quote:
Originally posted by PsychoticRaver:
quote:

But we are talking about USA here, they dont even have CD releases like UK
any exposure is good

Yea I live in the US, and about... NO ONE knows what hardcore is. It would be nice if I could one day walk into Best Buy, and see a bonkers or hardcore nation CD in the slowly growing electronic section. I am fortunate to live in California, where Hardcore is SLOWLY starting to become known, and played in raves and such. All in all, hardcore getting some attention can't kill it.

NeXuS
Advanced Member

United States
1,627 posts

81 hardcore releases
NeXuS has donated money to the site NeXuS has attended 15 events
Posted - 2006/12/06 :  21:03:40  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit NeXuS's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
I am fortunate to live in California, where Hardcore is SLOWLY starting to become known, and played in raves and such. All in all, hardcore getting some attention can't kill it.

Very fortunate ;)
I think our area is one of the best places to be in the US for a hardcore head, with hardcore events going down almost every weekend. Just last Saturday Fracus stopped by and layed down a killer set along side Oli-G.

Anyway I am happy for any exposure, for someone like me who expected to NEVER see my music in the mainstream let alone a tv commercial... I am excited to say the least.

milo
Advanced Member

Canada
3,391 posts

347 hardcore releases
milo is verified hardcore artist milo has attended 89 events
Posted - 2006/12/06 :  21:29:13  Show profile View artist profile  Send a private message  Visit milo's homepage  Reply with quote
imho it can only mean good things for hardcore this side of the pond.

now, if only they'd drop that "king" character they have - ****ing creepy

Mr igloo

United States
277 posts
Posted - 2006/12/06 :  23:19:46  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Mr igloo's homepage  Reply with quote
No way milo! The King rocks :D

Brian K
Advanced Member

United States
8,663 posts

528 hardcore releases
Brian K has attended 5 events
Posted - 2006/12/06 :  23:22:35  Show profile  Send a private message  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by ryg0r:
I'm always watching

eeeek

*covers up*

MegaJynx

United States
85 posts
Posted - 2006/12/07 :  02:41:43  Show profile  Send a private message  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by NeXuS:
quote:
I am fortunate to live in California, where Hardcore is SLOWLY starting to become known, and played in raves and such. All in all, hardcore getting some attention can't kill it.

Very fortunate ;)
I think our area is one of the best places to be in the US for a hardcore head, with hardcore events going down almost every weekend. Just last Saturday Fracus stopped by and layed down a killer set along side Oli-G.

Anyway I am happy for any exposure, for someone like me who expected to NEVER see my music in the mainstream let alone a tv commercial... I am excited to say the least.

Not to get too off topic, but if it wouldn't be a huge hassle, could you PM me with some info on how to find some of these (hardcore) raves in CA? I notice a few popping up on the event section, but other than that, I can't find any :'(

Milo: Your just mad because the king is going out with your mom :p Seriosuly, I agree, tell them to nix it plix.

warped_candykid
Advanced Member

United States
3,939 posts
warped_candykid has attended 5 events
Posted - 2006/12/07 :  04:33:53  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit warped_candykid's homepage  Reply with quote
The only thing i dont like is the fact they giving away the track to little kids. One of the toys is an actual cd of the tracks. So now, we are going to have little kids jamming out to Hardcore music.

Xenochrome
Advanced Member

United States
2,645 posts
Xenochrome is a site donation subscriber Xenochrome has attended 5 events
Posted - 2006/12/07 :  04:44:44  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Xenochrome's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by Brian K:
that's awesome!

big ups sam! just wish you'd come back on here more often =P

Agreed

Gaz Terror

United Kingdom
110 posts
Gaz Terror has attended 2 events
Posted - 2006/12/07 :  05:44:38  Show profile  Send a private message  Reply with quote
'a little exposure can't kill it'

On the contary, I hope it does.

Then that way, we will start to see some top notch hardcore being produced like back in 2001/2002 when the scene was in the mire and only just beginning to resurface again.

Granted, there are some quality choons coming out these days, but because of labels like Raverbaby cutting the biggest chunk of the pie out for themself, (which reeks of 'pull the ladder up jack and sod the rest') small labels, which can be seen with RFU, are being stifled and are barely able to break even. The smaller labels you will actually find usually showcase the best talent & the best choons, not always, but more often than not.

I'd like to see a return to when labels like Raw Elements, Hectech & Phase 4 (now sadly defunct) & Elation were able to release top notch hardcore, that pisses on anything I've heard on Raverbaby.

So yeah, big rant, and I doubt many of you will agree with me, but **** it this is how I feel.

silver
Admin

Japan
12,549 posts

894 hardcore releases
silver is verified hardcore artist silver is a site donation subscriber silver has attended 108 events
Posted - 2006/12/07 :  06:53:50  Show profile View artist profile  Send a private message  Visit silver's homepage  Reply with quote
^^^ The track was made for a Konami DDR game not Burger King, it just so happens Burger King liked that track and wanted to use it for their commercial. I don't think Burger King choose the track because it was hardcore, just worked out that way :)

PsychoticRaver
Average Member

United Kingdom
185 posts
PsychoticRaver has attended 2 events
Posted - 2006/12/07 :  13:41:00  Show profile  Send a private message  Reply with quote
I can see where you're coming from.

Silver, you're more than correct there. Unless, the person who owns Burger King is a raver? Hehe!

bulby_g
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
7,205 posts

430 hardcore releases
bulby_g has attended 55 events
Posted - 2006/12/07 :  13:46:56  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit bulby_g's homepage  Reply with quote
How come you Americans get free hardcore with your BK's when all we get is a shit plastic penguin :( Hardly fair.

MegaJynx

United States
85 posts
Posted - 2006/12/07 :  18:25:50  Show profile  Send a private message  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by silver:
^^^ The track was made for a Konami DDR game not Burger King, it just so happens Burger King liked that track and wanted to use it for their commercial. I don't think Burger King choose the track because it was hardcore, just worked out that way :)

It was meant to be... dont question the ways of hardcore X_X

New PostPost Reply
Topic is 4 pages long: 1  2  3  4
 Printer friendly
  Verified artist
   Donating member How to donate

It took 0.94 ninja's to process this page!

HappyHardcore.com

1999 - 2024 HappyHardcore.com
audio: PRS for music. Build: 3.1.73.1

Go to top of page