Page: 
of 5

Author Thread  
clarke101
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
3,839 posts

185 hardcore releases
Posted - 2007/02/16 :  15:17:29  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit clarke101's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by nailbiter:
Even though imho his style (no pun intended) hasn't changed for around 4 years now. I can still remember back in '03 when everyone was raving about how awesome his new tracks were...

Thats the problem for some of us. We have become bored of the same sound for 5 years.

Alert moderator Go to top of page
bent_bananna
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
566 posts

14 hardcore releases
bent_bananna has attended 7 events
Posted - 2007/02/16 :  16:51:14  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit bent_bananna's homepage  Reply with quote
Example of why Darren Styles is shit. Clubland xtreme 3. Iv'e never heard such a horrible, commercial dance cd in all my life

clarke101
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
3,839 posts

185 hardcore releases
Posted - 2007/02/16 :  17:33:53  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit clarke101's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by bent_bananna:
Example of why Darren Styles is shit. Clubland xtreme 3. Iv'e never heard such a horrible, commercial dance cd in all my life

Listen to a normal clubland cd and it will pale into insignificance.

bent_bananna
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
566 posts

14 hardcore releases
bent_bananna has attended 7 events
Posted - 2007/02/16 :  17:59:31  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit bent_bananna's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Listen to a normal clubland cd and it will pale into insignificance

LOL!!!!!!!! That really made me laugh for some reason

DarrenJ
Advanced Member

Australia
2,626 posts
DarrenJ has attended 12 events
Posted - 2007/02/16 :  18:56:21  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit DarrenJ's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by clarke101:
quote:
Even though imho his style (no pun intended) hasn't changed for around 4 years now. I can still remember back in '03 when everyone was raving about how awesome his new tracks were...

Thats the problem for some of us. We have become bored of the same sound for 5 years.

Rb sound in 2002 was nothing like 2007, hmmmm

clarke101
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
3,839 posts

185 hardcore releases
Posted - 2007/02/16 :  19:30:29  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit clarke101's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by DarrenJ:
quote:
quote:

5 years was an exaggeration. The sound has changed for the worse imo

Sk8SiM
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,293 posts
Sk8SiM has attended 2 events
Posted - 2007/02/16 :  21:49:48  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Sk8SiM's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by DarrenJ:
quote:
quote:

5 years was an exaggeration. The sound has changed for the worse imo

Once again, i feel just the same

But you know what...? Why care lol [somthing i've started asking myself]
Why sit behind a computer and pretend that tat shoitty posts on a forum might somehow CHANGE the "scene" - cuse it won't haha!

The way i see it... they wanna go that roote... fine... do it!
But i'm gonna f*ck off else where!

Theres plenty of music styles around mate to explore - and that includes hardcore!

^^^ don't worry about "raverbaby" - as its been said time and time again, one day the'll come crashing down! - and who knows... mabie another style/scene of hardcore will become the dominate (e.g. freeform, hardcore breaks!)

^^^^ and then what.... oh i know, why not all bitch on a forum of how shit freeform and HB producers are... meh meh meh haha lol

Same old circle ^^^ time and time again with ALL music [not just hardcore] you just know it will happen! - but hey... fek it!

Sk8SiM/Morrall Studios.

clarke101
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
3,839 posts

185 hardcore releases
Posted - 2007/02/16 :  22:38:54  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit clarke101's homepage  Reply with quote
I dont care about the change really. Im just a little dissapointed that what was once a good label has now become an AATW puppet.

Mr igloo

United States
277 posts
Posted - 2007/02/16 :  22:54:01  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Mr igloo's homepage  Reply with quote
wooooo Darren Styles. I bet he could turn a peanut butter and jelly sandwich into a peanut butter and jelly sandwich.

Alkivar

37 posts
Alkivar has attended 3 events
Posted - 2007/02/16 :  23:09:49  Show profile  Send a private message  Reply with quote
quote:
I find it interesting that it's only now, after he's gained mainstream success that people are bitching about his hardcore sound. Even though imho his style (no pun intended) hasn't changed for around 4 years now. I can still remember back in '03 when everyone was raving about how awesome his new tracks were...

Not I... I've always hated the raverbaby sound.

Trance does not belong in hardcore.

The Doc
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
2,718 posts
The Doc has attended 1 event
Posted - 2007/02/17 :  00:25:18  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit The Doc's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by Alkivar:
quote:
I find it interesting that it's only now, after he's gained mainstream success that people are bitching about his hardcore sound. Even though imho his style (no pun intended) hasn't changed for around 4 years now. I can still remember back in '03 when everyone was raving about how awesome his new tracks were...

Not I... I've always hated the raverbaby sound.

Trance does not belong in hardcore.

Surely every sound belongs to hardcore! thats the beauty of it! It takes every sound and tries something different to the original sound! Doesn't work for some people but others love it! thats why its so diverse! DS has stayed with what he knows and what will sell! whats the problem with that? You don't have to buy or listen to his music if you don't like it!

clarke101
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
3,839 posts

185 hardcore releases
Posted - 2007/02/17 :  08:17:59  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit clarke101's homepage  Reply with quote
Decent trance doesnt sound anything like Raver Baby stuff anyway. Raver Baby sounds like chart dance music / euro dance at about 30 bpm's higher. It is however better than the donktastic stuff that quosh release.

And trance has been in Hardcore for more than a decade.

kathryn
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
6,520 posts
kathryn has attended 3 events
Posted - 2007/02/17 :  09:40:35  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit kathryn's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by Mr igloo:
wooooo Darren Styles. I bet he could turn a peanut butter and jelly sandwich into a peanut butter and jelly sandwich.

peanut butter and jelly sandwich.

have you been watching Spongebob?

Alkivar

37 posts
Alkivar has attended 3 events
Posted - 2007/02/17 :  19:39:38  Show profile  Send a private message  Reply with quote
quote:
Decent trance doesnt sound anything like Raver Baby stuff anyway. Raver Baby sounds like chart dance music / euro dance at about 30 bpm's higher. It is however better than the donktastic stuff that quosh release.

And trance has been in Hardcore for more than a decade.

fair point... I meant pop trance trash like Castles In the Sky.

Lunisneko

United States
20 posts
Posted - 2007/02/19 :  01:06:23  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Lunisneko's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by Chris B:
Anyone get the feeling this conversations been done about 10,000 times now with the same answers everytime, gettin really dull need some more interesting threads. Guy jus posted up a myspace page ends up same as always hahaha

quote:
Originally posted by whispering:
quote:
Originally posted by jenks:
Styles was one of the few mainstream hardcore DJ's who actually stayed with the scene when it 'died', how is that 'selling out' exactly?

It's amazing how fast people can forget all the stuff someone has done in the past and backstab them.

Just one thing i wouldnt call it backstabbing whispering mate. If you look through the replies quite a few say how much they respect styles and what he's doin, others sayin they hate it then a bit of abuse.

Personally i dont really care about a hardcore "scene" or who was producing music still in a couple years when there wasnt many raves on, at end of the day reason there wasnt many raves on is the majority of the music was terrible and nobody wanted to hear it.

So i dont really see it as backstabbing if i dont like someones tunes, jus personal tastes.

But aye it is gettin boring the amount of these threads goin up

I think his post was more referring to the people calling Darren a twat, tit, or gay. Honestly, that's unneeded and uncalled-for. And most of the comments are made by people bitter about something they only know half the story of. Know what I mean?

On topic, which is admittedly a new thing for some of you ;)... His myspace is fairly slick. Simple and snazzy with some nice tracks to listen to. God DAMN I love Dropzone... <3

quote:
fair point... I meant pop trance trash like Castles In the Sky.

Despite my personal offense to this absolute shit comment, I'll skip the ranting. I will, however, ask one thing: if Castles In The Sky is such shit, why the hell did it get so popular? Or is the world stupid except for you and the other annual bitchers here at HH.com? :)

Edited by - Lunisneko on 2007/02/19 01:16:43

New PostPost Reply
Topic is 5 pages long: 1  2  3  4  5
 Printer friendly
  Verified artist
   Donating member How to donate

It took 1.61 ninja's to process this page!

HappyHardcore.com

1999 - 2024 HappyHardcore.com
audio: PRS for music. Build: 3.1.73.1

Go to top of page