Printer friendly
Page: 
of 8

Author Thread  
corrosone
Starting Member

United Kingdom
3 posts
Posted - 2007/04/17 :  19:02:10  Show profile  Send a private message  Reply with quote
couldnt you put darwins mix up minus the offending track, then we would at least be able to hear the rest of the mix????

then if you get the issue sorted out post the track as an extra.

id rather have all of the cd minus a track than not at all!!!!!!

i was looking foreward to this one to be fair as i really liked the darwin/cube mix on hardcore underground, we shouldnt let one idiot at jal ruin our day!!!

the other mixes were wicked btw.

also any ideas how to cut these onto cd?????????

Alert moderator Go to top of page
DJSquare

United Kingdom
116 posts
Posted - 2007/04/17 :  20:49:02  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit DJSquare's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by clarke101:
lol at 320mp3's being better than wav

that wasnt what i was saying. if they were wav, they wouldnt be any better than 320 rips. you cant take a low quality recording and make it better by recording it at a higher bit rate. the recording would be the same, just a larger file. just say some of the tracks used were 128k tracks before they were put into the mix, making the mix 320kbps wouldnt make a difference

https://www.facebook.com/adrian.colston.3

clarke101
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
3,839 posts

185 hardcore releases
Posted - 2007/04/17 :  21:13:40  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit clarke101's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by DJSquare:
quote:
Originally posted by clarke101:
lol at 320mp3's being better than wav

that wasnt what i was saying. if they were wav, they wouldnt be any better than 320 rips. you cant take a low quality recording and make it better by recording it at a higher bit rate. the recording would be the same, just a larger file. just say some of the tracks used were 128k tracks before they were put into the mix, making the mix 320kbps wouldnt make a difference

You need to explain yourself better in the future then. Instead of trying to correct yourself afterwards after people have pointed out glaring errors in your posts. It makes you look even sillier

And a wav or 320mp3 would still be better in the circumstance you have listed above as there would be less compression on the recording of the mix.

Lilley
Advanced Member

Australia
3,740 posts
Lilley has attended 7 events
Posted - 2007/04/18 :  13:12:07  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Lilley's homepage  Reply with quote
being picky here.

off the top of my head, wav is 1142 kb/s or sumthin.

actually there is really no difference in audible quality, as the accepted 'equivalence point' (not sure if correct terminology :p) of mp3 format is roughly 192 kb/s, and deffinately by 256.

As for 320 mp3>cd...

they cant really be compared as they are two completely different technologies, one using bits and the other wave frequency. cd's are usually sampled at 48khz, which true audiophiles bitch about due to poor quality at higher frequencies, and would rather sampling e performed at 72 or 96 khz. but these audiophiles are also the ones that use valves and gold wiring for their 1337 systems instead of copper and an integrated circuit as they give 'a better sound'.
i.e. cd pwns mp3

as a side the korn album follow the leader is the only one that i know of that is sampled above 48khz - at 72 khz

Edited by - Lilley on 2007/04/18 13:13:22
Cotts
Advanced Member

Australia
917 posts
Cotts has donated money to the site Cotts has attended 15 events
Posted - 2007/04/19 :  09:49:11  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Cotts's homepage  Reply with quote
I have a linkin park - reanimation DVD Audio disc @ 96khz in surround.

Im bored of the songs but will always listen to that becuase it sounds totally wikked, really immersive audio sounds brilliant.

Lilley
Advanced Member

Australia
3,740 posts
Posted - 2007/04/19 :  10:03:45  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Lilley's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by Cotts:
I have a linkin park - reanimation DVD Audio disc @ 96khz in surround.

Im bored of the songs but will always listen to that becuase it sounds totally wikked, really immersive audio sounds brilliant.

dvd audio disc. wow. reanimations a sik album

bulby_g
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
7,205 posts

430 hardcore releases
bulby_g has attended 55 events
Posted - 2007/04/19 :  10:06:45  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit bulby_g's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by Lilley:
being picky here.

off the top of my head, wav is 1142 kb/s or sumthin.

actually there is really no difference in audible quality, as the accepted 'equivalence point' (not sure if correct terminology :p) of mp3 format is roughly 192 kb/s, and deffinately by 256.

So your saying there is no audible quality difference between a WAV and a 192 MP3? Sorry but there definitely is!

Lilley
Advanced Member

Australia
3,740 posts
Posted - 2007/04/19 :  10:47:02  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Lilley's homepage  Reply with quote
maybe 192 but prob not 256
i just sayin wot i hav read, i hav not actually compared them myself
would be interesting to compare ogg vorbis with mp3. i fairly sure ogg is slightly better quality for the same bitrate. hmm

Phenex
Advanced Member

Sweden
1,619 posts
Phenex has attended 2 events
Posted - 2007/04/23 :  01:22:36  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Phenex's homepage  Reply with quote
I think DJ Square was saying that the source was 128kbps MP3s, so it doesn't matter if they make the mix 320 or WAV since the source still is 128kbps. That is: upsampling won't increase the quality.
Garbage in->Garbage out, is what he means.

rc55
Starting Member

United Kingdom
2 posts
Posted - 2007/04/23 :  12:06:03  Show profile  Send a private message  Reply with quote
Lilley,

You're pretty far wrong by what you've said on a number of counts.

- CD Audio only supports one sampling rate, 44.1Khz - this is defined in the Phillips Red Book Specification which defines what a Audio CD must be.

- Double Blind Testing (ABX) generally certifies that /most/ people cannot distinguish between 44khz / 96khz. Sampling at higher frequencies does assist with the mastering process, but the end product is almost always 44.1khz CD Audio.

- Ogg Vorbis is a mature and stable format that aims to address the need for a patent-free audio codec for general use. It uses similar strategies to MP3 to achieve compression efficiency (psychoacoustic modelling, FFT/DCT), but of course isn't as widely used in software and hardware. Using the latest compiles of LAME Mp3 encoder with VBR presets will enable the best results, and Ogg Vorbis' has a custom encoder called AuToV which is very optimised for audio quality also. It's generally accepted that LAME is the best Mp3 encoder available.

rc55

DJSquare

United Kingdom
116 posts
Posted - 2007/04/23 :  13:44:37  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit DJSquare's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by Phenex:
I think DJ Square was saying that the source was 128kbps MP3s, so it doesn't matter if they make the mix 320 or WAV since the source still is 128kbps. That is: upsampling won't increase the quality.
Garbage in->Garbage out, is what he means.

exactly lol

https://www.facebook.com/adrian.colston.3

Lilley
Advanced Member

Australia
3,740 posts
Posted - 2007/04/24 :  08:34:48  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Lilley's homepage  Reply with quote
is there any chance of darwin's mix getting permission to be released?

CrushOnHardcore
Average Member

Netherlands
237 posts
Posted - 2007/04/24 :  09:19:57  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit CrushOnHardcore's homepage  Reply with quote
"is there any chance of darwin's mix getting permission to be released?"

not anymore, were sorry for that, but i can tell you, the line-up for coh2 is already finished
you can expect more info soon

dreamowner

Australia
76 posts
Posted - 2007/04/25 :  09:59:46  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit dreamowner's homepage  Reply with quote
hey guys, I was about to download these mixes but I realised it was in some strange format and I can't open it on my computer. Do I have to download a special program or something?

cheers

clarke101
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
3,839 posts

185 hardcore releases
Posted - 2007/04/25 :  10:16:20  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit clarke101's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by dreamowner:
hey guys, I was about to download these mixes but I realised it was in some strange format and I can't open it on my computer. Do I have to download a special program or something?

cheers

The files are compressed. You will need winrar to uncompress them.

New PostPost Reply
Topic is 8 pages long: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8
 Printer friendly
  Verified artist
   Donating member How to donate

It took 1.64 ninja's to process this page!

HappyHardcore.com

1999 - 2024 HappyHardcore.com
audio: PRS for music. Build: 3.1.73.1

Go to top of page