Page: 
of 4

Author Thread  
DJ Mole
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,505 posts
DJ Mole has attended 7 events
Posted - 2007/10/29 :  18:12:43  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit DJ Mole's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by Nooney:
"reason why scott and kevin used there own material is cause licensing was easier..."

I don't think that is an acceptable excuse, they need to put effort in if they want to have a good end product - which is kind of stating the obvious. I could have bunked most of my school year, that would have been much easier but I actually wanted some respectable GCSEs at the end of it so I did the smart thing and chose not to.

I agree with the comments on Scott, his Bonkers tracklist made me think he was sorting things out but maybe that was just Marc Smith's influence as clearly he's not changing his ways too soon.

If easier meant the CD coming out now and not half way through next year then whats the big deal

Alert moderator Go to top of page
Nooney

United Kingdom
252 posts
Posted - 2007/10/29 :  18:26:20  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Nooney's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by DJ Mole:
If easier meant the CD coming out now and not half way through next year then whats the big deal

As they say patience is a virtue, and if it produces a more exciting album then what's the big deal with waiting a bit longer?

DJ Mole
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,505 posts
DJ Mole has attended 7 events
Posted - 2007/10/29 :  18:41:42  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit DJ Mole's homepage  Reply with quote
I'd say there isnt much stuff left for albums at the minute due to other albums coming out it'd be full of half the pish of imodownload and trackitdown which frankly alot of it is shocking not naming names (i'd rather have a mix full of scott brown/weaver tunes if they are the ones that are good enough to make an album), for albums you have to have good songs not pish made in 30 seconds which is what alot of tunes on imodownload/trackitdown are at the minute. the albums that have just come out bonkers etc have covered alot of the best tunes, this album looks good for what it is.

J.T.S

United Kingdom
135 posts
J.T.S is verified hardcore artist J.T.S has attended 1 event
Posted - 2007/10/29 :  23:06:21  Show profile View artist profile  Send a private message  Visit J.T.S's homepage  Reply with quote
Very good point there...

www.myspace.com/jamesstanhopemusic

CDJay
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
3,049 posts
Posted - 2007/10/29 :  23:12:50  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit CDJay's homepage  Reply with quote
"but none of the companies or djs got back to the masif guys for licensing""

*tuts*

*spanks*

Well, I hope you've learned your lesson. I respond quickly, offer primo material and look pretty in a tutu.

Always next time, eh? ;)

CDJay

DJ Weaver

Australia
39 posts
DJ Weaver is verified hardcore artist
Posted - 2007/10/30 :  04:08:59  Show profile View artist profile  Send a private message  Reply with quote
Hey guys!

Cheers for all the feedback! Looks like its going to be a good release! Thanks for posting it up Hak's! Should be down your way in Jan or Feb for an album launch as such! Will let you know!

For all those people bagging it out, you have to realize that this is a CD mainly for AUSTRALIA! We haven't had any sort of local release Australia wise for a good 5 years, unlike you guys which have 2-3 a month in the UK this is 1 in 5 years! Even the Bonkers, Clubland, Hardcore Adrenaline, Ministry CD's you guys have, well we don't get them here, if we do get bonkers its 3 months after you guys get it which by the time we do every ****er has downloaded it! There isn't a huge market in Hardcore in Australia as the scene is so far apart, we have 1 party a weekend if we are lucky in Sydney, and maybe 1 every month in other states! The reason for mainly artist albums in this case is because the budget is no where near as much as what your albums would be and cause it's the first one no one knows how it will sell? There were a few labels and people that some of the DJ's were going to license tunes from but some didn't reply, some declined due to the lack of advances and so on and some didn't get back in time due to the 3 week deadline with paperwork, on my CD i had 6 different other tunes that were to go on there but it wasn't done in time so i had to replace it with other stuff.

With Scott's CD theres tonnes of different remixes and other tunes on there, in my opinion it looks awesome, also got the classics on there like turn up the music and so on which were huge here in Australia, so you have to realize that Australia is different! Very different to the UK! Same as the Freeformation boy's disc, looks awesome, and also has some exclusive remixes on it as well, don't know why people are complaining!

So hopefully everyone will support this CD and there will be a follow up, thanks to Steve Hill as well and the Masif crew for the opportunity and faith in Hardcore in Australia! Hope everyone likes all the disc and especially my new stuff which some of you would have heard in the UK when i was last out!

Enough said!

Weaver
[email protected]

Lilley
Advanced Member

Australia
3,740 posts
Lilley has attended 7 events
Posted - 2007/10/30 :  05:24:08  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Lilley's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by DarrenJ:
I find it odd all of the excutive guys are missing

well its not an executive release is it? they are different labels aren't they?

TypeR
Advanced Member

Unknown
2,633 posts

55 hardcore releases
TypeR has donated money to the site TypeR has attended 11 events
Posted - 2007/10/30 :  05:28:19  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit TypeR's homepage  Reply with quote
Weaver is a cool guy. Had a chance to play a show with him earlier in the month.

I'm personally glad to see he has a comp cd.

sora.slx

Australia
324 posts
Posted - 2007/10/30 :  07:20:13  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit sora.slx's homepage  Reply with quote
YaY for Australia :D

A rare opportunity indeed, looking forward to this album.

Dj Satsky
Average Member

Australia
221 posts
Posted - 2007/10/30 :  09:18:57  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Dj Satsky's homepage  Reply with quote
That Weaver & Andy L tune Cannonball remixed version sounds good..

_firefly_

United Kingdom
40 posts
_firefly_ is verified hardcore artist
Posted - 2007/10/30 :  13:28:44  Show profile View artist profile  Send a private message  Visit _firefly_'s homepage  Reply with quote
CD2 looks really good, cant comment on CD1-3 cos I havent heard much from them but am interested in them, especially the weaver as what i've heard from him is usually good, if a tad cheesy.

Ionosphere
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
3,750 posts
Ionosphere is verified hardcore artist
Posted - 2007/10/31 :  01:28:23  Show profile View artist profile  Send a private message  Visit Ionosphere's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by DJ Mole:

....it'd be full of half the pish of imodownload and trackitdown which frankly alot of it is shocking not naming names....

Some of it is extremely good and, naming names, 'Equinox' by someone called _firefly_....

This- http://www.discogs.com/artist/Ionosphere

THIS - http://soundcloud.com/ionosphere

VIDEO - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5nYWkHCkaho

Steve Hill
Starting Member

Australia
4 posts
Steve Hill is verified hardcore artist
Posted - 2007/10/31 :  05:41:52  Show profile View artist profile  Send a private message  Visit Steve Hill's homepage  Reply with quote
Hi everyone!

My first post on here so rock on!

Thanks the words of support on the CD and also just to clarify some things because it's better coming from the label than being speculation...

First, all DJ's put forward their tracklistings and we tried to clear everything on their lists. Unfortunately we couldn't get all the tracks we wanted due to budget constraints; time; people didn't get back to us; or they declined usage. Therefore most of the tracks used were from the respective DJ's labels. To be fair on Scott he did want a few other tracks on his mix from other artists / labels but we couldn't clear them for the CD!

Second, the brief from Masif was for all the DJ's to present a CD based on what they'd be playing on their forthcoming tours around Australia. Not sure if some of you have been on tour in Australia but if you don't play some of the big tunes you're known for you'll get lynched so that's why there is some upfront and some classic tracks on everybody's discs.

Third, we are well aware that Bonkers is also coming out around the same time so we wanted to make sure that the mixes were totally different from both packages as Scott and Kev etc were mixing discs for Bonkers too hence giving each of the DJ's a different brief.

This is the first Hardcore CD of its kind here. We're promoting one of Australia's finest exports, Weaver, alongside some of the world's greatest. If some people's catalogue isn't represented it's because they'll hopefully be involved in the next edition; the DJ's never requested it; they asked for too much money or they chose not to give clearance.

Here at Masif it's always 100% DJ selection - we don't push tracks on the people mixing the compilations - all the discs are a true representation of those that have mixed them...and we love 'em! We hope you do too!

novaboy
Advanced Member

Australia
1,319 posts
Posted - 2007/10/31 :  06:05:16  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit novaboy's homepage  Reply with quote
shouldnt steve have a medal lol.

TypeR
Advanced Member

Unknown
2,633 posts

55 hardcore releases
TypeR has donated money to the site TypeR has attended 11 events
Posted - 2007/10/31 :  06:30:48  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit TypeR's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by Steve Hill:
Hi everyone!

My first post on here so rock on!

Thanks the words of support on the CD and also just to clarify some things because it's better coming from the label than being speculation...

First, all DJ's put forward their tracklistings and we tried to clear everything on their lists. Unfortunately we couldn't get all the tracks we wanted due to budget constraints; time; people didn't get back to us; or they declined usage. Therefore most of the tracks used were from the respective DJ's labels. To be fair on Scott he did want a few other tracks on his mix from other artists / labels but we couldn't clear them for the CD!

Second, the brief from Masif was for all the DJ's to present a CD based on what they'd be playing on their forthcoming tours around Australia. Not sure if some of you have been on tour in Australia but if you don't play some of the big tunes you're known for you'll get lynched so that's why there is some upfront and some classic tracks on everybody's discs.

Third, we are well aware that Bonkers is also coming out around the same time so we wanted to make sure that the mixes were totally different from both packages as Scott and Kev etc were mixing discs for Bonkers too hence giving each of the DJ's a different brief.

This is the first Hardcore CD of its kind here. We're promoting one of Australia's finest exports, Weaver, alongside some of the world's greatest. If some people's catalogue isn't represented it's because they'll hopefully be involved in the next edition; the DJ's never requested it; they asked for too much money or they chose not to give clearance.

Here at Masif it's always 100% DJ selection - we don't push tracks on the people mixing the compilations - all the discs are a true representation of those that have mixed them...and we love 'em! We hope you do too!

Quoted for Emphasis

New PostPost Reply
Topic is 4 pages long: 1  2  3  4
 Printer friendly
  Verified artist
   Donating member How to donate

It took 1.67 ninja's to process this page!

HappyHardcore.com

1999 - 2024 HappyHardcore.com
audio: PRS for music. Build: 3.1.73.1

Go to top of page