Printer friendly
Page: 
of 16

Author Thread  
choonland
Advanced Member

Colombia
1,100 posts
Posted - 2009/04/27 :  22:18:12  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit choonland's homepage  Reply with quote
erased

Alert moderator Go to top of page
Edited by - choonland on 2009/04/27 22:29:08
latininxtc
Advanced Member

United States
7,307 posts
latininxtc has attended 5 events
Posted - 2009/04/27 :  22:29:05  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit latininxtc's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by kathryn:
ok so Sharkey posted the long winded post about his mix.
But what about the rest of the album?
He didnt address the points people have raised criticizing the rest of the album?
It would be interesting to hear his thoughts on the direction the series has taken as he and Hixxy were the creators of the series?

it's not his responsibility to defend. if Unknown and Hixxy want to say something about their contributions to the album, they should grow the balls to come on here and say it. but we all know that Hixxy doesn't make an effort to communicate directly to the hardcore fans who aren't acceptable of his clubland sound.

also, sharkey saying nothing about their contributions and the direction of the album can also be interpreted in a way. but Sharkey is not an idiot, he's not about to slag off on an album that he is on, that'll be career suicide. why would anybody start going around and spitting out negative info on a product that they are featured on? it is bad press and would also look bad on sharkey, whether it is true or not.

Mortis
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
7,493 posts

341 hardcore releases
Mortis has donated money to the site Mortis has attended 7 events
Posted - 2009/04/27 :  23:03:59  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Mortis's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by latininxtc:
quote:
He didnt address the points people have raised criticizing the rest of the album?
It would be interesting to hear his thoughts on the direction the series has taken as he and Hixxy were the creators of the series?

it's not his responsibility to defend. if Unknown and Hixxy want to say something about their contributions to the album, they should grow the balls to come on here and say it. but we all know that Hixxy doesn't make an effort to communicate directly to the hardcore fans who aren't acceptable of his clubland sound.

also, sharkey saying nothing about their contributions and the direction of the album can also be interpreted in a way. but Sharkey is not an idiot, he's not about to slag off on an album that he is on, that'll be career suicide. why would anybody start going around and spitting out negative info on a product that they are featured on? it is bad press and would also look bad on sharkey, whether it is true or not.

She didn't say that Sharkey would be negative she just said it would be nice to hear his views on the direction of the album and also she never said anything about it being his responsibility to defend anyone or anything.

Edited by - Mortis on 2009/04/28 00:20:37
kathryn
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
6,520 posts
kathryn has attended 3 events
Posted - 2009/04/28 :  10:37:30  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit kathryn's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by latininxtc:
quote:

Is it cos i is a girl?
j/k

Mauler

United Kingdom
38 posts
Mauler has attended 1 event
Posted - 2009/04/28 :  23:02:46  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Mauler's homepage  Reply with quote
i have to hear this album first before pre judging but ill have to pre judge on the fact i already own 75% of this tracks and some are over played, I will buy it but im hoping it will surprise me else this new revamp AATW have done is a complete waste of time.

The Doc
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
2,718 posts
The Doc has attended 1 event
Posted - 2009/04/29 :  01:05:34  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit The Doc's homepage  Reply with quote
I've been a bit quiet on my views on this album (not like me!) but it will be the first Bonkers release I won't buy straight away, Whatever sharkey says, its not helped at all for all us punters. We clinged on to the fact that the series (when took over by AATW) would still stay to its roots as a proper non commercial hardcore album, we knew it wouldn't, but hoped! Well now I will wait for the price drop (AATW albums always do after a few weeks) and buy it from Morrisons using my £5 petrol voucher I got the other day!

DJ-Intensity
Advanced Member

United States
1,903 posts
Posted - 2009/04/29 :  15:45:30  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit DJ-Intensity's homepage  Reply with quote
I've ruled out buying this can't bear to have that old dosh from the third CD again.

kathryn
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
6,520 posts
Posted - 2009/04/29 :  21:40:53  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit kathryn's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by DJ-Intensity:
I've ruled out buying this can't bear to have that old dosh from the third CD again.

I agree with you DJ-Intensity.

this-is-bonkers
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
573 posts
this-is-bonkers has attended 5 events
Posted - 2009/04/29 :  23:37:52  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit this-is-bonkers's homepage  Reply with quote
sharkz has made sum really good points especially to the haters who want to boycot bonkers completly jus cus it moved to AATW

although the thing i dont think he gets is the bad reputation AATW has for makign everything "samey" (kinda like scott brown OOO BURNED! lolz) that the only reason we have been worried about our beloved bonkers

i will admit i was going to boycot this album but im such a huge bonkers bummer i cant bring myself to do it and the tracklist is just WIN!!

may the frickin force be with you

Wii Number
0906 7050 1201 7825

DJ_Assassin_HTID

United Kingdom
70 posts
Posted - 2009/05/01 :  10:57:52  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit DJ_Assassin_HTID's homepage  Reply with quote
Well not quite sure what to think of it, looks are very deceiving but w wont know how much cheese is on it till someone actually buys it, i do miss the old days though of wackin on bonkers in my bedroom blastin the volume and listenin to true underground hardcore trax that you would actually wait and buy :D bring back the old bonkers days!!!!!!!!!!!!

Watson.

United Kingdom
276 posts
Watson. has attended 1 event
Posted - 2009/05/01 :  12:05:07  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Watson.'s homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by this-is-bonkers:
sharkz has made sum really good points especially to the haters who want to boycot bonkers completly jus cus it moved to AATW

although the thing i dont think he gets is the bad reputation AATW has for makign everything "samey" (kinda like scott brown OOO BURNED! lolz) that the only reason we have been worried about our beloved bonkers

i will admit i was going to boycot this album but im such a huge bonkers bummer i cant bring myself to do it and the tracklist is just WIN!!

No, most people have stated they won't be buying it because they don't like the look of it.

I had a feeling AATW would ruin it, in my opinion they have. If I liked the look of it, I'd have bought it regardless. Tell me, why would I buy something I didn't like the look of? If I get a listen to it and like it, maybe Iwill actually buy it. I doubt it though.

D-Noise

Norway
30 posts
Posted - 2009/05/02 :  19:01:29  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit D-Noise's homepage  Reply with quote
il buy this maybe ..i have started collecting hardcore cds again

kathryn
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
6,520 posts
Posted - 2009/05/05 :  20:08:09  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit kathryn's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
What a load of turd.

kathryn
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
6,520 posts
Posted - 2009/05/05 :  20:11:19  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit kathryn's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by Watson.:
quote:

I had a feeling AATW would ruin it, in my opinion they have. If I liked the look of it, I'd have bought it regardless. Tell me, why would I buy something I didn't like the look of? If I get a listen to it and like it, maybe Iwill actually buy it. I doubt it though.

lol let us know when you have a listen to it
No, most people have stated they won't be buying it because they don't like the look of it.

Edited by - kathryn on 2009/05/05 22:28:55
Watson.

United Kingdom
276 posts
Watson. has attended 1 event
Posted - 2009/05/05 :  23:35:51  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Watson.'s homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Watson.:
quote:

lol let us know when you have a listen to it

I doubt that'll happen. None of my mates seem willing to part with the cash for it. I'm certainly not going to, it doesn't look to be to my taste. Oh well, too bad.

New PostPost Reply
Topic is 16 pages long: 1  2  3  4  5 ... 12  13  14  15  16
 Printer friendly
  Verified artist
   Donating member How to donate

It took 1.19 ninja's to process this page!

HappyHardcore.com

1999 - 2024 HappyHardcore.com
audio: PRS for music. Build: 3.1.73.1

Go to top of page