Printer friendly
Page: 
of 5

Author Thread  
Meathead
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
4,217 posts
Posted - 2009/06/11 :  12:34:21  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Meathead's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by Samination:
quote:
Originally posted by Meathead:
quote:
Originally posted by DjTriquatra:
i didnt actually see any questions :P i saw a statement

Exactly. And a statement totally unrelated to filesharing yet that somehow is where this debate eded up. Strange.

What i got from this statement: it's becoming ever more difficult for up and coming producers to get their tracks on compilations/labels.

The conclusion everyone else seemingly arrived at: Oh Noez!!! Filesharing is killing teh scenez!11!!1ONE!!!

Even if I didnt mention it, people would still have this in mind.

I doubt it seeing as how the original post was in no way whatsoever related to filesharing

"Music creates order out of chaos; for rhythm imposes unanimity upon the divergent, melody imposes continuity upon the disjointed, and harmony imposes compatibility upon the incongruous." -Sir Yehudi Menuhin

Alert moderator Go to top of page
Samination
Advanced Member

Sweden
13,083 posts

195 hardcore releases
Samination has attended 17 events
Posted - 2009/06/11 :  12:36:16  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Samination's homepage  Reply with quote
sure you jest?

well, propably depends on what you think does the most damage, filesharing or big labels sucking up all glamour?

http://samination.se/
---------------------------------------------

Meathead
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
4,217 posts
Posted - 2009/06/11 :  12:40:23  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Meathead's homepage  Reply with quote
Jest?

There was no mention of filesharing though? And i doubt very much that up and coming producers not "making it" in hardcore or making it on compilations is at all connected to filesharing. So i really dont see how you came to that conclusion. Did you even read the original post?

"Music creates order out of chaos; for rhythm imposes unanimity upon the divergent, melody imposes continuity upon the disjointed, and harmony imposes compatibility upon the incongruous." -Sir Yehudi Menuhin

acidfluxxbass
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
5,000 posts
Posted - 2009/06/11 :  12:46:59  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit acidfluxxbass's homepage  Reply with quote
maybe smaller artists like the way it is. less commercialized they are, less their stuff gets file shared.

i dunno...

what was silvers point, again?

Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/archefluxxuk

Samination
Advanced Member

Sweden
13,083 posts

195 hardcore releases
Samination has attended 17 events
Posted - 2009/06/11 :  13:22:26  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Samination's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Jest?

There was no mention of filesharing though? And i doubt very much that up and coming producers not "making it" in hardcore or making it on compilations is at all connected to filesharing. So i really dont see how you came to that conclusion. Did you even read the original post?

I have read it, but I wasnt the one who started the filesharing talk. Did you even my original reply? I just expressed that the labels should have consentrated on consumers (singles) instead of djs (vinyls)

http://samination.se/
---------------------------------------------

Meathead
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
4,217 posts
Posted - 2009/06/11 :  13:27:13  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Meathead's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by Samination:
quote:
Jest?

I have read it, but I wasnt the one who started the filesharing talk. Did you even my original reply? I just expressed that the labels should have consentrated on consumers (singles) instead of djs (vinyls)

Yes i did and fair point it was actually Influx who started that shite, although i didnt say you were the first to mention filesharing :p . You may not have started the filesharing debate but you did blame a completely unrelated entity also.

Triquatra

United Kingdom
12,635 posts
Triquatra is a site donation subscriber Triquatra has attended 26 events
Posted - 2009/06/11 :  13:37:18  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Triquatra's homepage  Reply with quote
if people go back to the original statement

the way it reads is about making it as a new producer.

Love (happy / UK) hardcore? Starting out producing or DJing or both?
making a ton of great tracks but not really making any headway into the scene?
So what is the future for artists and the up 'n' comers?
but how to do you get noticed?

its about who you put your trust in, where you put your money, where you send your music to get promoted...

Meathead
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
4,217 posts
Posted - 2009/06/11 :  13:42:22  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Meathead's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by acidfluxxbass:
maybe smaller artists like the way it is. less commercialized they are, less their stuff gets file shared.

i dunno...

what was silvers point, again?

Something about filseharing evidentally

Fishy
Advanced Member

Norway
2,519 posts
Posted - 2009/06/11 :  15:01:21  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Fishy's homepage  Reply with quote
Drama Drama

Ken Masters
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
3,447 posts
Posted - 2009/06/11 :  15:09:10  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Ken Masters's homepage  Reply with quote
How did the big doggs make a name for themselves? They started their own labels, events & radio. They pushed a scene forward which, @ the time, really was a hit or a miss.

They pushed it forward for the love of their scene & wanted everyone else to jump onboard & be part of the action. Isn't this how all scenes kick off.

Stop trying to suck up to the big doggs & be part of their albums, labels, events, ect. Get the finger out & do what all these guys done in the first place! Afterall, by the time you do start to make a name for yourself a lot of these guys will be finished with the scene anyway.

Do what you want to do & don't stop pushing forward

Mortis
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
7,493 posts

341 hardcore releases
Mortis has donated money to the site Mortis has attended 7 events
Posted - 2009/06/11 :  15:36:50  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Mortis's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by djkenmasters:
How did the big doggs make a name for themselves? They started their own labels, events & radio. They pushed a scene forward which, @ the time, really was a hit or a miss.

They pushed it forward for the love of their scene & wanted everyone else to jump onboard & be part of the action. Isn't this how all scenes kick off.

Stop trying to suck up to the big doggs & be part of their albums, labels, events, ect. Get the finger out & do what all these guys done in the first place! Afterall, by the time you do start to make a name for yourself a lot of these guys will be finished with the scene anyway.

Do what you want to do & don't stop pushing forward

Well said. This is the mentality that people need to adopt or nothing will ever change.

TheOneNOnly
Advanced Member

United States
1,937 posts
Posted - 2009/06/11 :  15:53:31  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit TheOneNOnly's homepage  Reply with quote
I buy everything from online.

For a simple reason.

Big large labels don't control the sites I buy off, and tell who and who can't be on it. I buy the music I like, and don't buy the music I don't.

It's simple.

Sure people will file share, that's their choice. I agree with sharing files that aren't being sold anymore, and won't be sold by the company more. They aren't making money, so why stop people from getting songs they can't anywhere else? All music should be heard, but should be bought from the label while they still sell it.

The Past, The Present, The Future (CD One)
The Past, The Present, The Future (CD Two)

Revs
Advanced Member

Austria
2,583 posts
Revs has attended 13 events
Posted - 2009/06/11 :  16:09:45  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Revs's homepage  Reply with quote
Filesharing has also it's good sides : It allows small DJ's who don't have much money to get tracks for mixing. If you don't have money, and can't buy any tracks, how do you proove your skills ?

However, I don't think it's okay when people who can affoard it fileshare them, and the thing actually is, you don't know who can affoard it, and who can't.

Trimms

United States
494 posts
Trimms has attended 3 events
Posted - 2009/06/11 :  16:40:43  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Trimms's homepage  Reply with quote
OMG SUPPORT UNDERGROUNDCORE DOWNLOAD MY ALBUM!!!!111!!!11!!!111!!11!ONE!!!!!: www.myspace.com/djtrimms

Triquatra

United Kingdom
12,635 posts
Triquatra is a site donation subscriber Triquatra has attended 26 events
Posted - 2009/06/11 :  17:01:09  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Triquatra's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by DJ Revs:
Filesharing has also it's good sides : It allows small DJ's who don't have much money to get tracks for mixing. If you don't have money, and can't buy any tracks, how do you proove your skills ?

im confused....how can they show their skills if they are downloading mp3s?
this suggests to me that they have a timecode based system or cd decks - and in that case, if they can afford that - they can afford to buy the tunes!
at what....£1.30 a tune? thats not asking much, at all.

Edited by - Triquatra on 2009/06/11 17:02:49

New PostPost Reply
Topic is 5 pages long: 1  2  3  4  5
 Printer friendly
  Verified artist
   Donating member How to donate

It took 1.02 ninja's to process this page!

HappyHardcore.com

1999 - 2024 HappyHardcore.com
audio: PRS for music. Build: 3.1.73.1

Go to top of page