Page: 
of 4

Author Thread  
Elipton
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,268 posts
Elipton has attended 2 events
Posted - 2013/10/09 :  13:39:14  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Elipton's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by TTE:
quote:
Originally posted by Elipton:
I detest Windows 8.

The whole OS or just the new start menu?

Whole thing. If the desk top had a normal start button it'd be fine but all this off-screen scrolly stuff designed for tablets is ridiculous.

Alert moderator Go to top of page
TTE
Average Member

United Kingdom
186 posts
TTE has attended 1 event
Posted - 2013/10/09 :  14:25:16  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit TTE's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
quote:
quote:
I detest Windows 8.

The whole OS or just the new start menu?

Whole thing. If the desk top had a normal start button it'd be fine but all this off-screen scrolly stuff designed for tablets is ridiculous.

So not the whole thing then...

Quicksilver
Advanced Member

Sweden
2,545 posts
Posted - 2013/10/09 :  15:22:53  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Quicksilver's homepage  Reply with quote
Elipton just do what I did. Download classic Shell and you never see the tabloids menu again. I think it also gives you the start button or that is another addon maybe, anyhow I have it all installed and it feels like 7 luckily.

My SOUNDCLOUD

TTE
Average Member

United Kingdom
186 posts
TTE has attended 1 event
Posted - 2013/10/09 :  15:59:22  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit TTE's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by Quicksilver:
Elipton just do what I did. Download classic Shell and you never see the tabloids menu again. I think it also gives you the start button or that is another addon maybe, anyhow I have it all installed and it feels like 7 luckily.

Off topic...

Agreed. The start menu is such a small part of the OS, to discount a whole and much improved OS based on a small part of the UI (which is easily fixed) is IMO silly.

I prefer Start8, it's excellent and well worth the couple of quid over Classic Shell. TBH Windows8 metro/modern isn't even that great on Tablets, frequently having to go to the non-finger friendly desktop makes the stock UI master of none.

Samination
Advanced Member

Sweden
13,083 posts

195 hardcore releases
Samination has attended 17 events
Posted - 2013/10/09 :  16:01:21  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Samination's homepage  Reply with quote
Scalling? This website is horrible on PC/non-touchscreen enabled device. If it was made for a mouse in mind, it should've scrolled up/down, nor left/right. Anyways, this is no dig at Windows 8, but this is not a design meant to work on all devices (if it was, it would've had the buttons pilling downwords for different screens).

A tips for PC users, resize your webbrowser window and it will be better.

http://samination.se/
---------------------------------------------

Edited by - Samination on 2013/10/09 16:02:24
CDJay
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
3,049 posts
Posted - 2013/10/09 :  16:51:40  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit CDJay's homepage  Reply with quote
Depends on your screen resolution tbh, on 1080p, 1440p and 2160p it tiers out fine. It was a conscious decision to largely target current and future standards. I agree on 768 screens it's less ideal but given the broad range of devices and browsers we are happy enough.

CDJay

Elipton
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,268 posts
Elipton has attended 2 events
Posted - 2013/10/09 :  17:01:55  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Elipton's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Quicksilver:

Off topic...

Agreed. The start menu is such a small part of the OS, to discount a whole and much improved OS based on a small part of the UI (which is easily fixed) is IMO silly.

I prefer Start8, it's excellent and well worth the couple of quid over Classic Shell. TBH Windows8 metro/modern isn't even that great on Tablets, frequently having to go to the non-finger friendly desktop makes the stock UI master of none.

For what I use Windows for and how I use it to be as convienient and quick as possible. So actually, yes - no start button is a big deal. I also dont like the screen-edge menus. I like to be able to throw my mouse into one corner to press start, another corner to return to desktop and another to close a window. Windows 8 doesnt cater for how I and many others use clasic desktop

djchexmixer

United States
363 posts
djchexmixer has attended 1 event
Posted - 2013/10/09 :  17:50:52  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit djchexmixer's homepage  Reply with quote
The website interface was certainly a surprise. To me, it works. It was appealing and easy to navigate.

I do have Windows 8 installed on my laptop and that similar start menu is horrible for PC use. I got rid of that start up and installed the classic windows start up via StarDock software (cheap and worth it, though I believe they'll be updated Windows 8 to have this anyway).

But yea, this interface works for me for a web store.

Happy Dance Fusion Vol. 2:
https://soundcloud.com/dj-cruelcore-neo/happy-dance-fusion-vol-2

Samination
Advanced Member

Sweden
13,083 posts

195 hardcore releases
Posted - 2013/10/09 :  18:15:16  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Samination's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by CDJay:
Depends on your screen resolution tbh, on 1080p, 1440p and 2160p it tiers out fine. It was a conscious decision to largely target current and future standards. I agree on 768 screens it's less ideal but given the broad range of devices and browsers we are happy enough.

CDJay

on 1366x768, it looks horrible, because i get scrollbars on both horizontal and vertical. Alot of Pre-Win8 laptops, they got a screen of 15" which are mostly 1360 or 1360 widescreens

djchexmixer

United States
363 posts
Posted - 2013/10/09 :  18:28:02  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit djchexmixer's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by Samination:
on 1366x768, it looks horrible, because i get scrollbars on both horizontal and vertical. Alot of Pre-Win8 laptops, they got a screen of 15" which are mostly 1360 or 1360 widescreens

I was playing around with my screen resolution and yea you do get two annoying scroll bars at lower resolutions. Didn't scale down perfectly.

Samination
Advanced Member

Sweden
13,083 posts

195 hardcore releases
Posted - 2013/10/09 :  18:45:20  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Samination's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by djchexmixer:
quote:
Originally posted by Samination:

I was playing around with my screen resolution and yea you do get two annoying scroll bars at lower resolutions. Didn't scale down perfectly.

scaling down seems to work better thou, I think at 1024 everything goes vertically instead

CDJay
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
3,049 posts
Posted - 2013/10/09 :  21:57:21  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit CDJay's homepage  Reply with quote
Tbh i briefed the web guys to target 1080p and higher, primarily, for desktop. I will see what we can do for 768 displays. Been somewhat preoccupied juggling albums, and trying to get ready for launch. It will develop, and be refined, as we expand and populate paying attention to feedback and metrics. Already sorted those two over compressed tiles i think!

CDJay

djchexmixer

United States
363 posts
Posted - 2013/10/09 :  22:16:18  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit djchexmixer's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Tbh i briefed the web guys to target 1080p and higher, primarily, for desktop. I will see what we can do for 768 displays. Been somewhat preoccupied juggling albums, and trying to get ready for launch. It will develop, and be refined, as we expand and populate paying attention to feedback and metrics. Already sorted those two over compressed tiles i think!

CDJay

Very cool of you to read the feedback!

The content of the website was effective in taking my money.

Samination
Advanced Member

Sweden
13,083 posts

195 hardcore releases
Posted - 2013/10/10 :  06:37:02  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Samination's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by djchexmixer:
quote:

CDJay

Very cool of you to read the feedback!

The content of the website was effective in taking my money.

Well it will be taking all my money when the artist albums comes :)

CDJay: I might not exactly be good on web design myself, but maintaining my own website, i know it's not easy make it work for all devices or screensizes. Especially if your guys are playing around with VIEWPORTS and stuff

_Jay_
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
6,868 posts
_Jay_ has attended 41 events
Posted - 2013/10/10 :  13:32:42  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit _Jay_'s homepage  Reply with quote

Site looks good to me. Clear, pretty quick - no problems. Nice.

Gonna be ordering before the weekend. :-)

New PostPost Reply
Topic is 4 pages long: 1  2  3  4
 Printer friendly
  Verified artist
   Donating member How to donate

It took 1.38 ninja's to process this page!

HappyHardcore.com

1999 - 2024 HappyHardcore.com
audio: PRS for music. Build: 3.1.73.1

Go to top of page