Radio listeners 183+
Email Us!
Username: Password:

Lost password
 Remember my login 
 All forums
 Music discussion - other genre
 makina record shops IN SPAIN???

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is free.

Screensize:
Username:
Password:
Format: Strike Sup Sub BigChar Align Left Align Right Pre Teletype Moving Text Insert Horizontal Rule Highlight (Yellow)
Bold Italicized Underline Centered Insert Hyperlink Insert Email Insert Image Insert Code Insert Quote Insert List Insert Smilie Spell Check Youtube embed Soundcloud embed Mixcloud embed Bandcamp embed

Message Icon:
* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON

Mode:
Check here to include your profile signature.

T O P I C     R E V I E W
steve O im going to spain next yr n i was wondering if any1 knew of any makina record shops???? it would be very helpful!!!

Hardcore Till I Die...
Chris B Hello Steve O my fellow makina raver. Am changing the subject cos a dunno about record shops but check out www.vinilmusic.com in the catalogue and novedades. U probably already no it but look for Alex Laser + Dj Lobo "The bits of my heart". I think it's probably the best makina track of the year and wanna no what think. If u look in the forums for speedmusic i'm sure he said some makina shops in Spain. Happy hunting.

steve O yeh i like that tune. i think that special melody/fantasy world by dj motor n dj bumpy is good. AND the 2003 remix of big in japan is wicked!!!

Hardcore Till I Die...
Chris B Totally agree Fantasy Worlds 1 a ma fav's, quite like big in Japan 2003 but u can't beat the original.

steve O Scott we need your help on this topic now! I know you know where there r gud shops in spain coz i mite b goin nxt yr. any help mate?

Hardcore Till I Die...
steve O That was meant 2 say 'i know that you know and I NEED to know coz i mite be going to spain'

Hardcore Till I Die...
scott h13 There are loads off shops just off la rambler (i think thats how you spell it)
The main shop is called (EL CORTE INGLES)
its the biggest records shop in barcelona its bigger than HMV newcastle and it has 1000s of records in.
The shop has every new release aswell as back stock from the last 2 years.
You will be shocked if you go here all the makina is in the spanish charts and gets played all day on the radio.

Then you have plastic which is a good small shop lots of good tunes in there.

Also sound records which stock all (german,italian,dutch aswell as spanish and english).

These 1s i would say go to they are the best ive found all the rest do know stock the stuff these shops do.

You can check some photos from spain when i went in nov last year you need to go to my website.

www.keepitsafepromotions.co.uk

Go to the photos link at the bottom and then on to events from spain.

Have a look around the site its a good site.

Its hangar time
Chris B Gonna get myself to Parlafugel check out x-que this summer. M8 used 2 go every year before we even new what makina let alone xque was. Says used 2 see all sorts a lasers n fireworks comin from it all nite but he didn't go. Pure ragin now he no's wat it is so gonna defo make it this year. Lookin round keep it safe shit hot 2 see the pics a trance troopers. Bringin me flashbacks of the stage show, mad ass fireworks, stunnin birds- first time i'd ever heard makina. D'u still perform together as a P.A Scott cos i'd love 2 see it an half remember it properly this time.

scott h13 Xque is the club at the moment in barcelona all the rest have moved on to gabba or hardhouse.
The trance troopers are still going just ive been turning down gigs to work on other stuff but they will be on soon in the hangar as ive just finished writing 3 new tracks for the p.a.

Ive you been to the new hangar venue yet.

Its hangar time
scott h13 Xque is the club at the moment in barcelona all the rest have moved on to gabba or hardhouse.
The trance troopers are still going just ive been turning down gigs to work on other stuff but they will be on soon in the hangar as ive just finished writing 3 new tracks for the p.a.

**** still asleep.
Have you been to the new hangar venue yet.

Its hangar time
steve O what is barcelona like a makina paradise?!
Pont aeri is still makina isnt it? even tho skudero n cru arent as gud as pastis and buenri (LEGENDS!)
No seriously is makina actually that big in spain coz i heard it is dieing and if clubs r switching from makina 2 gabba or hardcore and ppl stop making makina, we R F**KED! imagine that man, ne makina. wot a gutter that wud b!

Hardcore Till I Die...
steve O Scott, how many records hav u actually produced (eg death march, dancing wiv an angel etc?) Absolutely bangin death march i reckon!

Hardcore Till I Die...
scott h13 Barcelona is still makina heaven as well as you can get a load of other style's there.

Pont aeri still play a bit of makina but now its mostly gabba or jumper style all night.

The makina is not dieing at all over there in barcelona last year there must of been at least 10 to 20 clubs playing makina everyweek and now its down to about 8 clubs.

So you see its still more than what we have and thats just in barcelona.

The records companys still are knocking out the tunes in shite loads.

Bit music 5 to 7 per week
Vale 2 per week
Contrasena 3 to 4 per week
Ruboy records 1 per week
Sadden music 1 per week
Future records 2 per week

This proves the makina is alive and kicking.

Ive done about 8 or 9 tracks the lastest 1s are.
Rock
Dancing with an angel
Death march

New next month
Counting lots of time
I like the bass

DJ piyuli & me have just released a track on his label zinetik records in spain it sold out in 2 weeks and ive sold 300 here in the last week.

And dancing with an angel is we are remixing that together to release on bit music around about april.

Its hangar time
Chris B No never been 2 the new hangar m8, from what i hear it's got even better. Only went to the McEwans centre 1ce about a year ago wen Bolo + Uri played there. Could never persuade folk 2 go all the way from Glasgow cos there borin bastards most the time. Wen a saw trance troopers was at the Barrowlands not hangar. Workin down south at the moment and theres some crackin raves at the sanctuary n that but u cannt beat the buzz a makina so i'll need 2 sort out a trip 2 the new hangar soon. Everytime a see the line up i think about organisin somethin but never ends up happenin. Mibbe i'm gettin borin aswell but cos am not from the north east hard 2 find like minded people. Been sayin ever since a started listenin 2 it soon makina will really take off but never really does outside north east. A converted most of my area into it but it wasn't enough people 2 get proper size events goin, jus parties in my pad!! Saying that was starting 2 get more of a prescence in the rest of glasgow aswell. So until the rest of the world wakes up n realises how bangin the stuff is i'll probly have 2 stick 2 the tunes and the odd trip 2 big events. Still do reckon it will take off bigger thanks to events like yours doin tours outside the normal radius but it takes a long time 2 change peoples minds plus the scene further south is so different. Good news about trance troopers though would definitelyt be worth a visit. Main mission 4 the year is X-que can hear it callin and i need 2 answer. Pastis + Buenri get ready 2 rock me.

steve O do ADN or Uptempo not release stuff any more? i knowits not really dieing but going from 10 to 20 clubs in barcelona to 8 is a bit of a drop dont u think?

Hardcore Till I Die...
scott h13 Blado.

Xque will blow you away mate.

Steve-o

Its not a drop really the clubs are still open but just playing hardhouse gabba or progressive its got nothing to do with the clubs getting less people in so they have to change the music style in the clubs.

Take XTM fly on the wings of love got to number 1 in spain and went into the top 10 in 15 diferent countrys.

That tunes is made by dj richard & johnny bass (sistema 3) and dj chucky.
These were makina djs and club promoters until they made the big money from that track alone.
Now because of that they only play and produce progressive or chat trance,and other djs and promoters want to go the same way as they did because they know them.

ADN has just started again on the makina and tempo went bust didnt pay any pressing bill and the pressing plants didnt give them anymore credit until the bills were paid.

Its hangar time
Chris B Think it'll always be the case if people see there's big money to b made, they'll try to make it. It's just sad that if makina's what they love that they've turned there back on it 4 money. Not sayin that if i had the opportunity to produce a cheesy trance track under a different name n make megabucks i wouldn't cos thats ********, between sittin in ma bedroom hopin 4 a break or havin a single out i no what i'd choose. But i'd not stop first and foremost concentrating on what i love. Dj Richard & Johnny Bass aren't small artists they already had a good following of like minded people you'd think that'd be what made them happy. It's what people like me dream of and although i've never been in the position i don't think i'd throw that away 4 anything. Not tryin 2 go on a rant of
steve O i know i keep going on about it but it duz sound like makina is going a bit downhill (which i DEFINITELY dont want2 happen). I mean fair enuff the clubs r still open but if theyr rnt playing makina then it duz show the decrease in popularity. Also if sum of the big names in makina (eg sistema 3) stop produsing makina, and the trend catches on then all of the big names will b moving on to different styles. This is sounding alot like wot happened to hardcore in '99/'00. it crashed basically! Less and less producers and events. But thanx 2 hixxy it was ressurectd. If makina duz go down the pisser then hopefully sum1 will stay with it and ressurect it.

Scott would u change styles from makina in the near future? If u stop producing/promoting/pmixing makina then the north east scene wud B very lost!

Anyway, howmuch is dani fiesta 'defintiva' worth plz?

Hardcore Till I Die...
steve O is 'el corte ingles' just a general record shop (like hmv) or duz it specialize in makina/progressive etc?

Hardcore Till I Die...
scott h13 The reason why most of the producers decide to stop making makina is all about money.

The scene is very different in spain than england all tunes come out on vinyl and cd and most of the makina tunes enter the spanish charts selling between 4000 to 8000 depends how good the track is.

Flying free has been the biggest makina tune in spain selling over 20.000 units and its still getting repressed now,ive sold over 4000 in england on top of that.

Fly on the wings of love sold over bucket load in spain then 74 75 by xtm sold over 50.000 and they have had 2 more tunes out on the xtm name that has sold good but not as good as the first 2.

So going from makina producers making small money to xtm has made them well i dont but i bet they dont have to work again.

So because of this richard and johnny will never make makina again because they make too much money from tunes like the above and there dj fee has doubled aswell.

But it is far from fading because producers always leave the scene and there is alway new ones come into the scene its a never ending story.

I know its never going to die its been going since the 90/91 and they have never ever had a bad patch like the uk hardcore scene did.

They might be less makina clubs than there was but the ones that are playing it all hold 2000 to 10.000 i played at piramide in spain on the 6th dec 5 arenas plus outdoor it was the winter rave 10.000 people.

Go to www.activa-t.com at the top under piramide logo check out the photos from the night and this club is on every sat night.

Its hangar time
scott h13 The shop sells everything you could need all the records are harddance to us but to the spanish its mainly chart music.

Its hangar time
steve O yeh i suppose ur rite. u neva no, this mite b a bad patch (which is actually good compared to UK hardcores bad patch!)

Hardcore Till I Die...
steve O R the records in the spanish records shops cheap or expensive compared 2 over here? coz most choons over here (well new 'uns) r about 7-10 quid, so r they cheaper than that in spain?

On the pictures on keepitsafe (the latest spanish tour u went on), whos the person wearing a toon top? do the toon and gateshead djs/mcs get on wiv the sunderland djs/mcs?

Hardcore Till I Die...
silver You sold 4,000 units of a makina tune in the UK? Damn! Thats massive.

All them people who i went to spain with all are all mates and work for me in hangar or makina we dont give a **** about football.

Flying free is just one records that i have sold in the 1000s there are at least another 50 records like that that ive sold 3000 or 4000 of.

Nov to the beginning of jan my company sold 21000 makina records in the uk and thats no shite.

Its hangar time
silver What is your company? Are you wholesale or retail?

scott h13 Makina music uk (distribution company) i was the first person to bring the makina to england in 1998 i was playing it in the clubs i promoted and in 2000 i statred makina music and hangar 13 because of the demand for the makina around the northeast.

Its hangar time
steve O so how much is 7 euros in pounds? Scott i bet ur sik of me asking questions eh?! How cum there was ppl wearing footy tops if u arent arsed about it? (u mean u arent arsd if ppl support sunderland or newcastle?) Iv been told that ppl hav been dun in at the monkey bcoz they r from newcastle. thats stupid i reckon coz it cud put the whole of the toon off going to the major raves (which ALL seem 2 b in sunderland or around there!!!)

Scott r u canny wealthy?!

Hardcore Till I Die...
scott h13 6 euros last year was around £4 but the euro have dropped a fair bit so it will be around £4.50.

I dont follow football and most of the hangar staff dont follow football we dont give a shit about it.

I like all north east teams to do well.

The monkey club you only have to be 16 to get in and you will get people younger than 16 in so if thats happened it will be to do with the age group.
But i cant really say as ive never been back since i left in 2000.

In the hangar you can come in with what ever you want there is no bother and the age group is 18 to 40 the youngings cant get in the bouncers are tight and do a good job.

In 4 years of hangar 13 events ive only seen about 4 fights.

Its hangar time
steve O well 2 b honest the hangar has got a MUCH better reputation than the monkey. The music and quality of djs at the hangar r much better. the only thing i like about the monkey is tazo and ace altho stretch is just as gud really (i just like a bit of double vision on the mic wiv ace and tazo B2B!!!)

The monkey is going downhill n it is known 4 being a 'kiddies' club compared 2 the hangar. Im only 16 myself but havnt been to any of these clubs coz i live in the Toon! Its gud 2 hear that uv only seen 4 fights coz that means there has got 2 b a gud vibe and feeling secure also adds 2 ppls enjoyment on my view (if i went 2 the monkey i wud b wary of it gettin burnt down or sumthing and u cant hava gud time if ur looking over ur shoulder all the time!) No disrespect to the monkey coz thats wot really got me interested in the scene (well the monkey AND afterdark) but i definitely prefer the hangar. hope its still going wen i turn 18!

Hardcore Till I Die...
Chris B Hangars ***** class went with good few of us from glasgow every1 there was spot on not 1 a us had any hassle 1 a the best nights a my life. Never been 2 monkey n dont think i would looks like a youth club fulla dicks in the photos. About 3,000 merapeaks bouncin to 5 different records all night. Used to love the tunes they played wen i first downloaded it cos although there old i hadn't heard a lotta old spanish n italian but the more i downloaded the more the same tunes came up n it's gettin borin. Ace n Tazo on form r tremendous but all the other MC's piss me off. 1 a those 1's i'd end up there cos it's on all night and after a big rave could b persuaded to go but 1 apart from that i've bigger n better shit to do.

tklown Actually the Scott Brown Remix of Sweet Revenge is the best track of the year by far, in my opinion :)

steve O baldo do u just h8 the monkey mcs or all of them? if u like ace uv gotta like stretch! Double M is a gud mc 2.

Hardcore Till I Die...
Chris B Dunno if i've ever heard stretch Stevo mibbe could send us a tape or sumthin only downloaded some new monkey 1's and only liked ace n Tazo b2b. even though i normally h8 mc's what talk all the way thru every tune they're rite different 2 what i'd heard before n u can tell it'd b blindin live. Like Stompin n most the rest the hangar 1's but by far the best is Techno T jus love his style, all good live but he's the only 1 i'd say makes a tape better. Normally prefer to listen 2 the spanish dj's sets wiout Mc's cos want 2 hear the tunes properly and jus play the decks. Still don't mind a set wi good Mc's when i've had a drink can't b arsed wi the decks though.

steve O well stretch's styles is like ace's but i reckon he's better than ace wen theyr by himself. Im goin off the MC's a bit! I havnt got any audio!!

Hardcore Till I Die...

It took 1.72 ninja's to process this page!

HappyHardcore.com

1999 - 2024 HappyHardcore.com
audio: PRS for music. Build: 3.1.73.1

Go to top of page