Lost password
 Remember my login 
 All forums
 Music discussion - other genre
 makina record shops IN SPAIN???
 Printer friendly
Page: 
of 3

All users can post new topics in this forum. All users can reply to topics in this forum

Author Thread  
steve O
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,128 posts
Posted - 2003/12/24 :  20:53:03  Show profile Send a private message
im going to spain next yr n i was wondering if any1 knew of any makina record shops???? it would be very helpful!!!

Hardcore Till I Die...

Alert moderator
Chris B
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
3,964 posts
Chris B has attended 30 events
Posted - 2003/12/25 :  20:47:50  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Chris B's homepage
Hello Steve O my fellow makina raver. Am changing the subject cos a dunno about record shops but check out www.vinilmusic.com in the catalogue and novedades. U probably already no it but look for Alex Laser + Dj Lobo "The bits of my heart". I think it's probably the best makina track of the year and wanna no what think. If u look in the forums for speedmusic i'm sure he said some makina shops in Spain. Happy hunting.

Alert moderator Go to top of page
steve O
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,128 posts
Posted - 2003/12/26 :  12:22:57  Show profile  Send a private message
yeh i like that tune. i think that special melody/fantasy world by dj motor n dj bumpy is good. AND the 2003 remix of big in japan is wicked!!!

Hardcore Till I Die...

Chris B
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
3,964 posts
Posted - 2003/12/26 :  20:00:51  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Chris B's homepage
Totally agree Fantasy Worlds 1 a ma fav's, quite like big in Japan 2003 but u can't beat the original.

steve O
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,128 posts
Posted - 2004/01/19 :  18:05:13  Show profile  Send a private message
Scott we need your help on this topic now! I know you know where there r gud shops in spain coz i mite b goin nxt yr. any help mate?

Hardcore Till I Die...

steve O
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,128 posts
Posted - 2004/01/19 :  21:02:16  Show profile  Send a private message
That was meant 2 say 'i know that you know and I NEED to know coz i mite be going to spain'

Hardcore Till I Die...

scott h13

United Kingdom
30 posts
Posted - 2004/01/19 :  21:36:11  Show profile  Send a private message
There are loads off shops just off la rambler (i think thats how you spell it)
The main shop is called (EL CORTE INGLES)
its the biggest records shop in barcelona its bigger than HMV newcastle and it has 1000s of records in.
The shop has every new release aswell as back stock from the last 2 years.
You will be shocked if you go here all the makina is in the spanish charts and gets played all day on the radio.

Then you have plastic which is a good small shop lots of good tunes in there.

Also sound records which stock all (german,italian,dutch aswell as spanish and english).

These 1s i would say go to they are the best ive found all the rest do know stock the stuff these shops do.

You can check some photos from spain when i went in nov last year you need to go to my website.

www.keepitsafepromotions.co.uk

Go to the photos link at the bottom and then on to events from spain.

Have a look around the site its a good site.

Its hangar time

Chris B
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
3,964 posts
Posted - 2004/01/19 :  23:49:55  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Chris B's homepage
Gonna get myself to Parlafugel check out x-que this summer. M8 used 2 go every year before we even new what makina let alone xque was. Says used 2 see all sorts a lasers n fireworks comin from it all nite but he didn't go. Pure ragin now he no's wat it is so gonna defo make it this year. Lookin round keep it safe shit hot 2 see the pics a trance troopers. Bringin me flashbacks of the stage show, mad ass fireworks, stunnin birds- first time i'd ever heard makina. D'u still perform together as a P.A Scott cos i'd love 2 see it an half remember it properly this time.

scott h13

United Kingdom
30 posts
Posted - 2004/01/20 :  09:36:56  Show profile  Send a private message
Xque is the club at the moment in barcelona all the rest have moved on to gabba or hardhouse.
The trance troopers are still going just ive been turning down gigs to work on other stuff but they will be on soon in the hangar as ive just finished writing 3 new tracks for the p.a.

Ive you been to the new hangar venue yet.

Its hangar time

scott h13

United Kingdom
30 posts
Posted - 2004/01/20 :  09:37:56  Show profile  Send a private message
Xque is the club at the moment in barcelona all the rest have moved on to gabba or hardhouse.
The trance troopers are still going just ive been turning down gigs to work on other stuff but they will be on soon in the hangar as ive just finished writing 3 new tracks for the p.a.

**** still asleep.
Have you been to the new hangar venue yet.

Its hangar time

steve O
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,128 posts
Posted - 2004/01/20 :  16:23:05  Show profile  Send a private message
what is barcelona like a makina paradise?!
Pont aeri is still makina isnt it? even tho skudero n cru arent as gud as pastis and buenri (LEGENDS!)
No seriously is makina actually that big in spain coz i heard it is dieing and if clubs r switching from makina 2 gabba or hardcore and ppl stop making makina, we R F**KED! imagine that man, ne makina. wot a gutter that wud b!

Hardcore Till I Die...

steve O
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,128 posts
Posted - 2004/01/20 :  16:24:36  Show profile  Send a private message
Scott, how many records hav u actually produced (eg death march, dancing wiv an angel etc?) Absolutely bangin death march i reckon!

Hardcore Till I Die...

scott h13

United Kingdom
30 posts
Posted - 2004/01/20 :  17:23:59  Show profile  Send a private message
Barcelona is still makina heaven as well as you can get a load of other style's there.

Pont aeri still play a bit of makina but now its mostly gabba or jumper style all night.

The makina is not dieing at all over there in barcelona last year there must of been at least 10 to 20 clubs playing makina everyweek and now its down to about 8 clubs.

So you see its still more than what we have and thats just in barcelona.

The records companys still are knocking out the tunes in shite loads.

Bit music 5 to 7 per week
Vale 2 per week
Contrasena 3 to 4 per week
Ruboy records 1 per week
Sadden music 1 per week
Future records 2 per week

This proves the makina is alive and kicking.

Ive done about 8 or 9 tracks the lastest 1s are.
Rock
Dancing with an angel
Death march

New next month
Counting lots of time
I like the bass

DJ piyuli & me have just released a track on his label zinetik records in spain it sold out in 2 weeks and ive sold 300 here in the last week.

And dancing with an angel is we are remixing that together to release on bit music around about april.

Its hangar time

Chris B
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
3,964 posts
Posted - 2004/01/20 :  20:22:07  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Chris B's homepage
No never been 2 the new hangar m8, from what i hear it's got even better. Only went to the McEwans centre 1ce about a year ago wen Bolo + Uri played there. Could never persuade folk 2 go all the way from Glasgow cos there borin bastards most the time. Wen a saw trance troopers was at the Barrowlands not hangar. Workin down south at the moment and theres some crackin raves at the sanctuary n that but u cannt beat the buzz a makina so i'll need 2 sort out a trip 2 the new hangar soon. Everytime a see the line up i think about organisin somethin but never ends up happenin. Mibbe i'm gettin borin aswell but cos am not from the north east hard 2 find like minded people. Been sayin ever since a started listenin 2 it soon makina will really take off but never really does outside north east. A converted most of my area into it but it wasn't enough people 2 get proper size events goin, jus parties in my pad!! Saying that was starting 2 get more of a prescence in the rest of glasgow aswell. So until the rest of the world wakes up n realises how bangin the stuff is i'll probly have 2 stick 2 the tunes and the odd trip 2 big events. Still do reckon it will take off bigger thanks to events like yours doin tours outside the normal radius but it takes a long time 2 change peoples minds plus the scene further south is so different. Good news about trance troopers though would definitelyt be worth a visit. Main mission 4 the year is X-que can hear it callin and i need 2 answer. Pastis + Buenri get ready 2 rock me.

steve O
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,128 posts
Posted - 2004/01/20 :  21:12:22  Show profile  Send a private message
do ADN or Uptempo not release stuff any more? i knowits not really dieing but going from 10 to 20 clubs in barcelona to 8 is a bit of a drop dont u think?

Hardcore Till I Die...

scott h13

United Kingdom
30 posts
Posted - 2004/01/20 :  21:59:54  Show profile  Send a private message
Blado.

Xque will blow you away mate.

Steve-o

Its not a drop really the clubs are still open but just playing hardhouse gabba or progressive its got nothing to do with the clubs getting less people in so they have to change the music style in the clubs.

Take XTM fly on the wings of love got to number 1 in spain and went into the top 10 in 15 diferent countrys.

That tunes is made by dj richard & johnny bass (sistema 3) and dj chucky.
These were makina djs and club promoters until they made the big money from that track alone.
Now because of that they only play and produce progressive or chat trance,and other djs and promoters want to go the same way as they did because they know them.

ADN has just started again on the makina and tempo went bust didnt pay any pressing bill and the pressing plants didnt give them anymore credit until the bills were paid.

Its hangar time

New PostPost Reply
Topic is 3 pages long: 1  2  3
 Printer friendly
  Verified artist
   Donating member How to donate

It took 2.1 ninja's to process this page!

HappyHardcore.com

1999 - 2024 HappyHardcore.com
audio: PRS for music. Build: 3.1.73.1

Go to top of page