Radio listeners 157+
Email Us!
Username: Password:

Lost password
 Remember my login 
 All forums
 Music discussion - hardcore
 Pure Hardcore

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is free.

Screensize:
Username:
Password:
Format: Strike Sup Sub BigChar Align Left Align Right Pre Teletype Moving Text Insert Horizontal Rule Highlight (Yellow)
Bold Italicized Underline Centered Insert Hyperlink Insert Email Insert Image Insert Code Insert Quote Insert List Insert Smilie Spell Check Youtube embed Soundcloud embed Mixcloud embed Bandcamp embed

Message Icon:
* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON

Mode:
Check here to include your profile signature.

T O P I C     R E V I E W
Fritzy I haven't been into hardcore for very long... or been on these boards long... but apparently I don't necessarily listen to Hardcore or "Good Hardcore".

So can some people name me some artists who are good to start with when listening to hardcore??? Because, as much as I want to get into hardcore, I can't if I'm listening to the wrong influence. :P
Meathead Just sample a few compilations and download as many mixes of forums like this one as possible that should set you off nicely for now. And keep checkin back on here, eventually you'll know all about good hardcore.
Fritzy Well, people say DJ Fritzy isn't a good hardcore DJ... he's the DJ that got me into HH...

What about DJ S3RL, DJ 0blivi0n, Scott Brown, and Kevin Energy? Are they good Hardcore artists?
raindancerob ok good hardcore means different things to different people for me its 91-99 however i listen to rave musik from 86-present (although not hardcore)
MAtRiCks There's a lot of Hardcore out there to look into... Don't take people's opinion on what's Good or Real Hardcore for facts, but make your own opinion I say. A lot of people on these boards have really narrow-minded opinions about good hardcore, so be aware and don't take people's opinions too seriously.
raindancerob
quote:
Originally posted by MAtRiCks:
There's a lot of Hardcore out there to look into... Don't take people's opinion on what's Good or Real Hardcore for facts, but make your own opinion I say. A lot of people on these boards have really narrow-minded opinions about good hardcore, so be aware and don't take people's opinions too seriously.

i was just gonna say the same thing. at the end of the day everyone likes different things, as we're not all the same.
Audio X
quote:
Originally posted by Fritzy:
Well, people say DJ Fritzy isn't a good hardcore DJ... he's the DJ that got me into HH...

What about DJ S3RL, DJ 0blivi0n, Scott Brown, and Kevin Energy? Are they good Hardcore artists?

Who the hell is DJ Fritzy?
Mortis
quote:
So can some people name me some artists who are good to start with when listening to hardcore??? Because, as much as I want to get into hardcore, I can't if I'm listening to the wrong influence. :P

Music is all about personal taste - no one can tell you what to listen to in order to get into a style of music. You like what you like simple as. If what you are listening to now is good for you then that's fine...it's good for you. Other people have their own music taste and if you set about changing your taste to suit other peoples then I doubt you'll get into music at all. Go with what you like.

The best thing I think you could have asked for is a list of similar artists and DJ's as the one's you are listening to now. I bet you'll discover more on your own doing it that way as only you really know what you like - after a while you'll really start to find you hardcore music taste.
scottyd2k9 It depends what type of hardcore you like theres the happy hardcore , happy vibes , hardstyle type of hardcore and more depends what you like more nice and peacfull or the full bouncy sets and different things like that.. Oldskool hardcore wil set you of in the right direction mate thats what got me into hardcore ..

Scott brown and kevin are good like but theres is thousands more artists out there who can do alot better, not everyone likes the same tunes so dont listen to other opinions because they might like something totally different a bit more hardstyle compaired to others so everyone has different opinions on who there best artists is..
warped_candykid download my new mix Blast From The Past vol.2!!! You can also search for Blast From The Past vol.1, or just send me a PM for the link if you cant find it.
Fritzy
quote:
Originally posted by Audio X:
quote:
Well, people say DJ Fritzy isn't a good hardcore DJ... he's the DJ that got me into HH...

A Scottish DJ I kinda like... :P

And um... yeah I have my own personal taste but apparently to some people, my taste sucks so I was going to utilize this topic to look up artists that you guys liked... :P
Jackol
quote:

S3RL is one of my favorite new artists, mostly cuz I like really bouncy, frantic songs.
I don't know who 0blivi0n is, but Scott Brown and Kevin Energy are bordering on legendary.
warped_candykid
quote:
Originally posted by Jackol:
quote:

S3RL is one of my favorite new artists, mostly cuz I like really bouncy, frantic songs.
I don't know who 0blivi0n is, but Scott Brown and Kevin Energy are bordering on legendary.

Oblivion=Bang!

raindancerob
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Audio X:
quote:

A Scottish DJ I kinda like... :P

And um... yeah I have my own personal taste but apparently to some people, my taste sucks so I was going to utilize this topic to look up artists that you guys liked... :P

well i like the following artists (their old releases):

Brisk
Mixmatt
Sy & Unknown
Diss Reaction
DJ X-CESS
DJ Vibes
Altern 8
Wishdokta
Carl Cox
Rebel Alliance
DJ Demand
DJ Demo
DJ Dream
MDM
DJ Ell
Stingray & Sonicdriver
Scott Brown
Ultrasonic
QFX
Q-Tex
DJ Renegade
James Venus
Atomics
March Smith
Sharkey
Fade
Monty
Naughty Naughty
Double Trouble
DJs Unknown
Vinylgroover
Trixxy
Billy Bunter
GBT Inc
Slush & Puppy
Jimmy J
Bananaman
DJ Kaos/Go Mental
DJ Force & The Evolution
Wendy Milan
Ilsa Gold
Tom Wilson
Spinback
DJ Storm
Ham
DJ Red Alert & Mike Slammer
DJ Slam
Billy Reid
Active Force
Kinetic Pleasure
& many more

old & new releases by these artists:

Luna C
Paul Elstak
Lenny Dee
Omar Santar
Neophyte
J.D.S.
Bass-D & King Matthew
Lady Dana
DJ Buzz Fuzz
Rob Gee
DJ J.D.A.
Vortex
& many more
Fritzy I'm guessing "Bang!" means good...

0blivi0n is a friend of mine, but more of a friend of DJ S3RL's. He and S3RL REALLY got me engaged in the Rave scene... DJ Fritzy got me into HH... :P

0blivi0n's page...
http://www.myspace.com/voblivi0nv

:P
raindancerob .
raindancerob
quote:
I'm guessing "Bang!" means good...

0blivi0n is a friend of mine, but more of a friend of DJ S3RL's. He and S3RL REALLY got me engaged in the Rave scene... DJ Fritzy got me into HH... :P

0blivi0n's page...

Bang! is Nick Arnold: http://www.discogs.com/artist/Bang!
raindancerob
quote:
Originally posted by Fritzy:0blivi0n's page...

na its a different fella Oblivi0n is a DJ & Oblivion is a producer.
Fritzy Um...? I don't get it... :(
raindancerob ? you dont get what ?
Fritzy I don't get what you meant by
"Oblivi0n=Bang!"... are you saying DJ Oblivi0n is Nick Arnold???
raindancerob no one is a DJ & one is a producer however they are not the same person.
Fritzy Oh... I'm confused now... XD W/E

When I get my audio back I'm going to check out Nick Arnold... speaking of which... are you a DJ 'kinetic' or a... meh.?
raindancerob yeah have a look for his other aliases on the link that i gave you :o) well i only set up this username as a temp for a post in buy & sell however i cant log into my old account for some reason ? so im now using this one. anyways iv been into the rave scene since 94 & buying vinyl since 98, have always been more into the collecting side of things. however i dont have dex atm so im rusty as hell when it comes to mixing.
Fritzy THAT SUCKS!!! Do you know if your stuff is on YouTube... or what's your DJ name, I'll look you up. :)
raindancerob well my DJ name is Raindance Rob however iv never played out anywhere other then house parties, as iv never thought that im good enough as im very self critical. anyways heres the kinds of musik that i listen to & collect :o) http://www.discogs.com/user/raindance_rob
Fritzy When I get my audio working in about a week I'll check it out... :D

Have you heard of Andrew Spencer??? If so, have you heard his mix with the Vamprockers or whatever "Zombie"??

I've found myself greatly moved by this song for the past week, even though it's pretty old...
raindancerob the name rings a bell do you have a you tube link to at all ?
Fritzy Errr... perfect time to ask.. YouTube is down...
raindancerob ah so it is lol well theres a first time for everything.
Fritzy Lol I'll get it up ASAP...

Yeah, but Andrew Spencer is apparently an artist (I don't think he's a DJ) from Germany. He seems like a 1 hit wonder from what I've seen... :(
raindancerob will defo give that tune a listen once you tube is back with us.
Fritzy Not much longer... it's back up!!! XD

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nDHf3G6-QJw
raindancerob i'l have to try it again in abit as the site keeps playing up.
Fritzy Yeah, the site isn't reading my Flash Player either... XD YouTube is epic failing right now... :/
raindancerob yeah same problem at this end.
Fritzy ...LMAO... I guess we'll resume this topic later and not spam it and get it locked... XD
raindancerob
Jackol
quote:
I'm guessing "Bang!" means good...

0blivi0n's page...

Bang! was also an epic producer during the mid to late 90s. I didn't realize he changed his name though.
raindancerob mate have a look at the myspace & discogs pages their two different people.
Fritzy LOL What is your myspace??? XD
raindancerob i'l pm it to you
raindancerob pm sent
raindancerob
quote:
When I get my audio working in about a week I'll check it out... :D

Have you heard of Andrew Spencer??? If so, have you heard his mix with the Vamprockers or whatever "Zombie"??

I've found myself greatly moved by this song for the past week, even though it's pretty old...

personally not my cup of tea fella.
Fritzy So you went to my profile and stuff? :(
raindancerob yeah man. why the :o(
Fritzy Cause I like that song... XD
Jackol
quote:
Originally posted by club.kinetic.sales:
mate have a look at the myspace & discogs pages their two different people.

whatever. i never know if it's more than one person.
is Oblivion half of Bang!?
raindancerob
quote:
quote:

ok Oblivion (producer) is Bang! however Oblivi0n (DJ) is not & Oblivi0n (DJ) is not part of Bang! or Oblivion.
raindancerob
quote:
Cause I like that song... XD

yeah as was said earlier in this topic everyone has different tastes in musik
Fritzy I guess so... :(
raindancerob its not something to be sad about
Fritzy Lol, I know... XD
l0fls what ever makes you wanna dance bro!
one track i love and am listenin to now Dj ham- the dance floor is now open.
you may not agree but thats whats for me! find whats right for you
FIRST POST!!!!! :)
Fritzy Yeah, I was just a little shallow today because of a few people degrading my opinion, don't rain on my parade!!! XD

Yeah, I hear you though, whatever makes me wanna dance... and uh... that music makes me want to, and I did dance to it at EDC, Beyond the Beat, and at my B-day!!! XD
l0fls sounds like fun all this party talk is getting me going
Fritzy Word. One song that bleeds HH IMO... "Prett Rave Girl". For me, you just don't go wrong there...
Jackol
quote:
quote:
quote:

ok Oblivion (producer) is Bang! however Oblivi0n (DJ) is not & Oblivi0n (DJ) is not part of Bang! or Oblivion.

o lol thx
bulby_g The reason people have said Fritzy is shit is because he doesn't actually make music. He take an existing track and another existing vocal, mixes them together (badly) and calls it his own track. Much lik Rankin etc.

The other producers you listed are proper producers who actually make hardcore. They are all decent producers. If you like them or not is all down to your personal taste.

Why have you called yourself Fritzy?
slik_majik I know its probably lazy of me, but where can I d/l DJ sets? Is there anywhere on this site specifically for it or do I have to trawl through the forums?
bulby_g
quote:
Originally posted by slik_majik:
I know its probably lazy of me, but where can I d/l DJ sets? Is there anywhere on this site specifically for it or do I have to trawl through the forums?

They're all posted in the general hardcore section so look through that.
slik_majik
quote:

They're all posted in the general hardcore section so look through that.

Cheers!
raindancerob
quote:
Originally posted by l0fls:
what ever makes you wanna dance bro!
one track i love and am listenin to now Dj ham- the dance floor is now open.
you may not agree but thats whats for me! find whats right for you
FIRST POST!!!!! :)

well said mate
raindancerob
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

o lol thx

no problem fella i think that we got our wires crossed abit at first lol
Fritzy Oblivi0n has some pretty neat tunes like I said... has anyone checked him out yet???
raindancerob do you mean the producer (Nick Arnold) or the DJ ?
Fritzy ...The producer who makes music... OF COURSE THE DJ!! XD

What about Al Storm, I'm pretty sure I've listened to him while pubbing on CS with the HH:R on, but I'm not sure... is he any good? He seems to be in like, every Hardcore album. :/
raindancerob yeah i like Ali Storm aka DJ Storm's older releases.
Fritzy And Weaver? Because without a doubt. I like Scott Brown, and I hear, these 3 are amongst the best ever... IDK about that but... it's what I hear and read.
raindancerob Weaver's not my cup of tea.
Fritzy But he is a classic to some peoples POV?
raindancerob he didnt release his first tune until 2003.
Fritzy Ah and classic hardcore comes from 1994-2002 right? :)
raindancerob for me its 93-99
Trimms Letting a list of popular artists on a small internet community decide your musical tastes would be a shame. Love the music that you enjoy listening to, no matter who makes it.
raindancerob init
Fritzy Agreed. I honestly, could careless if the music was from 2010... I just like it, if I like it... XD It makes sense in "WillLand"
raindancerob init man. im just telling ya what i like & as i said above thats just my tastes.
Fritzy I know.... XD

Have you listened to "Scott Brown - Elysium Plus"??? :D
raindancerob i have but i dont like it. i like his older tunes tho like The Scotchman - Happy Vibes, Scott Brown vs Rab S - Rock The Party, Bass X - Hardcore Disco, Scott Brown Meets Paul Elstak - Feel The Music, Q Tex - Power Of Love etc.
Fritzy ...You don't even like Elysium? XD Elysium was what got me into Scott Brown, and Elysium Plus I stumbled upon and fell in love with it... XD

I'ma listen to those other ones though, which one do you recommend most? :3
raindancerob The Scotchman - Happy Vibes is my fav out of all of them but iv always loved the other four aswell like :o)
Fritzy It's Scotty B right??? XD (Scott Brown)
raindancerob yeah its an alias that he used for four records on Babyboom Records & Dwarf Records (both are dutch labels).
Fritzy ...If it involves short things... it's dutch eh? XD (No disrespect to my buds in the Dutchland! Love your football, and my GF is from Holland). :)
raindancerob lol heres the label logos for the two labels: http://www.discogs.com/viewimages?label=Babyboom+Records / http://www.discogs.com/viewimages?label=Dwarf+Records the baby with the guns that Babyboom used is mad i think.
Fritzy LMAO. I checked out the song... it's pretty decent. :)
raindancerob yeah man its proper banging :o)
a.watmough evrytime i try to log on it wont let me and it is getting frustrating
latininxtc oh dear fucking god there's 5 minutes of my life I'll never get back!

and LMFAO at this right here:

quote:
Word. One song that bleeds HH IMO... "Prett Rave Girl". For me, you just don't go wrong there...

It took 4.68 ninja's to process this page!

HappyHardcore.com

1999 - 2024 HappyHardcore.com
audio: PRS for music. Build: 3.1.73.1

Go to top of page