Radio listeners 171+
Email Us!
Username: Password:

Lost password
 Remember my login 
 All forums
 Music production & Gear talk
 pci latency tool windows 7

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is free.

Screensize:
Username:
Password:
Format: Strike Sup Sub BigChar Align Left Align Right Pre Teletype Moving Text Insert Horizontal Rule Highlight (Yellow)
Bold Italicized Underline Centered Insert Hyperlink Insert Email Insert Image Insert Code Insert Quote Insert List Insert Smilie Spell Check Youtube embed Soundcloud embed Mixcloud embed Bandcamp embed

Message Icon:
* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON

Mode:
Check here to include your profile signature.

T O P I C     R E V I E W
tonyg123 Hey, been having problems with my focusrite starlet 2in2out and Cubase 6. my pc is windows 7 64bit 16gb ram & has been set up for optimum performance bt I still get clicks n pops with very low cpu usage. I have asio settings set to focusrite and latency set with best performance being 10ms input latency 23ms output 32ms . I have red that it could be a problem with my pci bus http://uk.focusrite.com/answerbase/pci-bus-latency-timer-issues I have tried downloading the pci latency tool and follow steps to make the tool multi O/S bt failed.
I have also tried to change the pci latency rate in my O/S bios bt theres not an option. If any1 has any advice please share, been into quite a few pc shops n not 1 could help, cheers
Hard2Get I'm guessing you are using the correct driver in Cubase?
Elipton I had this problem the other week but I cant remember how I sorted it. When windows accessed a certain file in a certain folder, the latency would spike loads. I guess you might need to find the source of the problem and recover what you can from that folder and delete the problematic file
tonyg123 Im pretty sure Cubase is set up rite, I have 2 do a similar thing in massive when it decide to pay up. delete the corrupt file in documents/nativeinstument/massive. Im unsure what file id be deleting as the spikes happen from a single track to full track n worsen as the cpu usage rises. Im just hopin I don't end up having to change O/S to solve it, cheers for the replys tho guys
Hard2Get If you're only pretty sure and not certain then it's possible that the driver has switched without you realising. It's not very likely but you never know. Happens every now and again for me.
tonyg123 I wish mate, been an ongoing problem for about a year, Ive bought a new soundcard in tht time wit no luck, been a project trying to fix it lol between being really annoyed wit the pops, 2 really annoyed at tryin 2 fix the pops, 2 give up, wait a bit then repeat lol

It took 0.62 ninja's to process this page!

HappyHardcore.com

1999 - 2024 HappyHardcore.com
audio: PRS for music. Build: 3.1.73.1

Go to top of page