Email Us!
Username: Password:

Lost password
 Remember my login 

All forums
 Music production & Gear talk
 pci latency tool windows 7
 Printer friendly

All users can post new topics in this forum. All users can reply to topics in this forum

Author Thread  
tonyg123

United Kingdom
133 posts
Posted - 2014/03/07 :  19:04:56  Show profile Send a private message
Hey, been having problems with my focusrite starlet 2in2out and Cubase 6. my pc is windows 7 64bit 16gb ram & has been set up for optimum performance bt I still get clicks n pops with very low cpu usage. I have asio settings set to focusrite and latency set with best performance being 10ms input latency 23ms output 32ms . I have red that it could be a problem with my pci bus http://uk.focusrite.com/answerbase/pci-bus-latency-timer-issues I have tried downloading the pci latency tool and follow steps to make the tool multi O/S bt failed.
I have also tried to change the pci latency rate in my O/S bios bt theres not an option. If any1 has any advice please share, been into quite a few pc shops n not 1 could help, cheers

Alert moderator
Hard2Get
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
12,837 posts
Hard2Get has attended 21 events
Posted - 2014/03/07 :  19:15:32  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Hard2Get's homepage
I'm guessing you are using the correct driver in Cubase?

Alert moderator Go to top of page
Elipton
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,268 posts
Elipton has attended 2 events
Posted - 2014/03/07 :  19:44:53  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Elipton's homepage
I had this problem the other week but I cant remember how I sorted it. When windows accessed a certain file in a certain folder, the latency would spike loads. I guess you might need to find the source of the problem and recover what you can from that folder and delete the problematic file

tonyg123

United Kingdom
133 posts
Posted - 2014/03/07 :  19:57:11  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit tonyg123's homepage
Im pretty sure Cubase is set up rite, I have 2 do a similar thing in massive when it decide to pay up. delete the corrupt file in documents/nativeinstument/massive. Im unsure what file id be deleting as the spikes happen from a single track to full track n worsen as the cpu usage rises. Im just hopin I don't end up having to change O/S to solve it, cheers for the replys tho guys

Hard2Get
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
12,837 posts
Hard2Get has attended 21 events
Posted - 2014/03/07 :  19:58:35  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Hard2Get's homepage
If you're only pretty sure and not certain then it's possible that the driver has switched without you realising. It's not very likely but you never know. Happens every now and again for me.

tonyg123

United Kingdom
133 posts
Posted - 2014/03/07 :  20:16:58  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit tonyg123's homepage
I wish mate, been an ongoing problem for about a year, Ive bought a new soundcard in tht time wit no luck, been a project trying to fix it lol between being really annoyed wit the pops, 2 really annoyed at tryin 2 fix the pops, 2 give up, wait a bit then repeat lol

New PostPost Reply
 Printer friendly
  Verified artist
   Donating member How to donate

It took 0.88 ninja's to process this page!

HappyHardcore.com

1999 - 2024 HappyHardcore.com
audio: PRS for music. Build: 3.1.73.1

Go to top of page