Radio listeners 167+
Email Us!
Username: Password:

Lost password
 Remember my login 
 All forums
 Music discussion - hardcore
 Bouncy Techno

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is free.

Screensize:
Username:
Password:
Format: Strike Sup Sub BigChar Align Left Align Right Pre Teletype Moving Text Insert Horizontal Rule Highlight (Yellow)
Bold Italicized Underline Centered Insert Hyperlink Insert Email Insert Image Insert Code Insert Quote Insert List Insert Smilie Spell Check Youtube embed Soundcloud embed Mixcloud embed Bandcamp embed

Message Icon:
* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON

Mode:
Check here to include your profile signature.

T O P I C     R E V I E W
RobW After listening to a bunch of Brisk's old B.T. sets from Helter Skelter, Ive set out to search to see if this style is still alive and kicking since the 90s but havent really found much. Is anyone still producing Bouncy Tech, and if not, is it worth trying to revive and modernize?
Captain Triceps There's been partycore and now powerstomp, which have had similar ideas. And of course gabber, hardtek etc. I really wish bouncy techno would come back, such a simple formula but Christ, I love the stuff. I've made a few bits myself actually. Not sure I can see the newer ravers taking to it, not at this moment anyway.
Mortis Powerstomp is basically the new bouncy techno.
rafferty So true powerstomp is probably the closest thing to bouncy techno these days. Think there are a few guys doing bits and pieces on soundcloud which are bouncy techno. Check out Thin n Crispy records back catalogue. I know Robbie long and Stormtrooper were dabbling in a more modern form of it about 7 years ago.
Samination
quote:
Originally posted by rafferty:
So true powerstomp is probably the closest thing to bouncy techno these days. Think there are a few guys doing bits and pieces on soundcloud which are bouncy techno. Check out Thin n Crispy records back catalogue. I know Robbie long and Stormtrooper were dabbling in a more modern form of it about 7 years ago.

and I hated them :P Alot of that stuff just sounded like filler tracks to me.

Also, Kurt originally (to my knowledge atleast) called Powerstomp for Power Bounce.
Kebab Head yea powerstomp is as close to bouncy techno as ur gunna get..... makina is probably closer than powerstomp itself but theres not much makina about either
Samination
quote:
Originally posted by Kebab Head:
yea powerstomp is as close to bouncy techno as ur gunna get..... makina is probably closer than powerstomp itself but theres not much makina about either

o.o You fail at google.
Kebab Head
quote:
Originally posted by Samination:
quote:
Originally posted by Kebab Head:
yea powerstomp is as close to bouncy techno as ur gunna get..... makina is probably closer than powerstomp itself but theres not much makina about either

o.o You fail at google.

not much new 2014 stuff about then... which i assume he wants new upto date bouncy techno or the equivalent!
Smoogie People still make it such as Casketcrusher who makes tunes based on the Dutch Funcore sound which itself was based on the Scottish Bouncy Techno sound.

Powerstomp is ok I guess but not as good as the original sound but better than Scouse House or 'Bouncy House' which was always being mistaken for the same thing
Ken Masters I don't see (or hear) the similarity with bouncy techno & powerstomp, not compared to the bouncy techno I grew up with anyway.

To me powerstomp's all about, well stomping, moving to the hard kick, it's like your glued to the floor, whereas with bouncy techno I found it was much lighter, dancing & bouncing to the offbeat.

I haven't dug into powerstomp all that much though, if people have any examples to show the resemblance then please post them, i'd probably enjoy it more if that was the case :)
Captain Triceps
quote:
Originally posted by Ken Masters:
I don't see (or hear) the similarity with bouncy techno & powerstomp, not compared to the bouncy techno I grew up with anyway.

To me powerstomp's all about, well stomping, moving to the hard kick, it's like your glued to the floor, whereas with bouncy techno I found it was much lighter, dancing & bouncing to the offbeat.

I haven't dug into powerstomp all that much though, if people have any examples to show the resemblance then please post them, i'd probably enjoy it more if that was the case :)

I don't think it's that they are identical, by any means, but it's possibly as close as you might get to bouncy techno these days.

Kebab Head
quote:
Originally posted by Ken Masters:
I don't see (or hear) the similarity with bouncy techno & powerstomp, not compared to the bouncy techno I grew up with anyway.

theres not much stomping happening if ur glued to the floor lol

powerstomp is all about the stomp in 2014 just like stomping was going on with bouncy techno in the 90s..... obvs they arnt strictly the same as the music is much different but with some similarites defo and its quite clear that powerstomp was born from the bouncy techno sound

It took 0.93 ninja's to process this page!

HappyHardcore.com

1999 - 2024 HappyHardcore.com
audio: PRS for music. Build: 3.1.73.1

Go to top of page