Email Us!
Username: Password:

Lost password
 Remember my login 

All forums
 Music discussion - hardcore
 Bouncy Techno
 Printer friendly

All users can post new topics in this forum. All users can reply to topics in this forum

Author Thread  
RobW

United States
23 posts
Posted - 2014/08/05 :  20:33:11  Show profile Send a private message
After listening to a bunch of Brisk's old B.T. sets from Helter Skelter, Ive set out to search to see if this style is still alive and kicking since the 90s but havent really found much. Is anyone still producing Bouncy Tech, and if not, is it worth trying to revive and modernize?

Alert moderator
Captain Triceps
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
2,184 posts
Posted - 2014/08/05 :  21:04:19  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Captain Triceps's homepage
There's been partycore and now powerstomp, which have had similar ideas. And of course gabber, hardtek etc. I really wish bouncy techno would come back, such a simple formula but Christ, I love the stuff. I've made a few bits myself actually. Not sure I can see the newer ravers taking to it, not at this moment anyway.

https://soundcloud.com/paulbradley1982

Alert moderator Go to top of page
Mortis
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
7,493 posts

341 hardcore releases
Mortis has donated money to the site Mortis has attended 7 events
Posted - 2014/08/05 :  21:47:21  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Mortis's homepage
Powerstomp is basically the new bouncy techno.

rafferty
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
621 posts
Posted - 2014/08/06 :  10:09:33  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit rafferty's homepage
So true powerstomp is probably the closest thing to bouncy techno these days. Think there are a few guys doing bits and pieces on soundcloud which are bouncy techno. Check out Thin n Crispy records back catalogue. I know Robbie long and Stormtrooper were dabbling in a more modern form of it about 7 years ago.

Candy & anime was just a faze & a total embarrassment that everyone mocks and laughs at now.

Samination
Advanced Member

Sweden
13,073 posts

195 hardcore releases
Samination has attended 17 events
Posted - 2014/08/06 :  11:09:22  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Samination's homepage
quote:
Originally posted by rafferty:
So true powerstomp is probably the closest thing to bouncy techno these days. Think there are a few guys doing bits and pieces on soundcloud which are bouncy techno. Check out Thin n Crispy records back catalogue. I know Robbie long and Stormtrooper were dabbling in a more modern form of it about 7 years ago.

and I hated them :P Alot of that stuff just sounded like filler tracks to me.

Also, Kurt originally (to my knowledge atleast) called Powerstomp for Power Bounce.

http://samination.se/
---------------------------------------------

Edited by - Samination on 2014/08/06 11:10:12
Kebab Head
Advanced Member

Wallis And Futuna Islands
645 posts
Posted - 2014/08/06 :  12:19:34  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Kebab Head's homepage
yea powerstomp is as close to bouncy techno as ur gunna get..... makina is probably closer than powerstomp itself but theres not much makina about either

Samination
Advanced Member

Sweden
13,073 posts

195 hardcore releases
Samination has attended 17 events
Posted - 2014/08/06 :  12:29:32  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Samination's homepage
quote:
Originally posted by Kebab Head:
yea powerstomp is as close to bouncy techno as ur gunna get..... makina is probably closer than powerstomp itself but theres not much makina about either

o.o You fail at google.

http://samination.se/
---------------------------------------------

Kebab Head
Advanced Member

645 posts
Posted - 2014/08/06 :  13:05:41  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Kebab Head's homepage
quote:
Originally posted by Samination:
quote:
Originally posted by Kebab Head:

o.o You fail at google.

not much new 2014 stuff about then... which i assume he wants new upto date bouncy techno or the equivalent!

Smoogie
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
6,480 posts
Posted - 2014/08/06 :  13:54:45  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Smoogie's homepage
People still make it such as Casketcrusher who makes tunes based on the Dutch Funcore sound which itself was based on the Scottish Bouncy Techno sound.

Powerstomp is ok I guess but not as good as the original sound but better than Scouse House or 'Bouncy House' which was always being mistaken for the same thing

Ken Masters
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
3,447 posts
Posted - 2014/08/06 :  21:35:46  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Ken Masters's homepage
I don't see (or hear) the similarity with bouncy techno & powerstomp, not compared to the bouncy techno I grew up with anyway.

To me powerstomp's all about, well stomping, moving to the hard kick, it's like your glued to the floor, whereas with bouncy techno I found it was much lighter, dancing & bouncing to the offbeat.

I haven't dug into powerstomp all that much though, if people have any examples to show the resemblance then please post them, i'd probably enjoy it more if that was the case :)

Captain Triceps
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
2,184 posts
Posted - 2014/08/07 :  00:02:21  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Captain Triceps's homepage
quote:
Originally posted by Ken Masters:
I don't see (or hear) the similarity with bouncy techno & powerstomp, not compared to the bouncy techno I grew up with anyway.

To me powerstomp's all about, well stomping, moving to the hard kick, it's like your glued to the floor, whereas with bouncy techno I found it was much lighter, dancing & bouncing to the offbeat.

I haven't dug into powerstomp all that much though, if people have any examples to show the resemblance then please post them, i'd probably enjoy it more if that was the case :)

I don't think it's that they are identical, by any means, but it's possibly as close as you might get to bouncy techno these days.

https://soundcloud.com/paulbradley1982

Kebab Head
Advanced Member

645 posts
Posted - 2014/08/07 :  10:51:49  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Kebab Head's homepage
quote:
Originally posted by Ken Masters:

theres not much stomping happening if ur glued to the floor lol

powerstomp is all about the stomp in 2014 just like stomping was going on with bouncy techno in the 90s..... obvs they arnt strictly the same as the music is much different but with some similarites defo and its quite clear that powerstomp was born from the bouncy techno sound

New PostPost Reply
 Printer friendly
  Verified artist
   Donating member How to donate

It took 1.31 ninja's to process this page!

HappyHardcore.com

1999 - 2024 HappyHardcore.com
audio: PRS for music. Build: 3.1.73.1

Go to top of page