Radio listeners 186+
Email Us!
Username: Password:

Lost password
 Remember my login 
 All forums
 Music discussion - hardcore
 Muffin Music - Literally Everything

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is free.

Screensize:
Username:
Password:
Format: Strike Sup Sub BigChar Align Left Align Right Pre Teletype Moving Text Insert Horizontal Rule Highlight (Yellow)
Bold Italicized Underline Centered Insert Hyperlink Insert Email Insert Image Insert Code Insert Quote Insert List Insert Smilie Spell Check Youtube embed Soundcloud embed Mixcloud embed Bandcamp embed

Message Icon:
* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON

Mode:
Check here to include your profile signature.

T O P I C     R E V I E W
Elliott Is there even a topic about this yet?

What did everyone think?

At least there was more previously unreleased content on it than the D&G album. Only a couple of gems that I didn't already have though.

The mix was way better than the D&G album mix too -- proper transitions (for the most part)! I enjoyed it far more than the over-rehearsed, choreographed madness of his usual mixing style these days. These were mostly tracks that he hadn't mixed for a long time and it was a one off so I don't think he could be bothered to find and practice a bunch of overly fancy transitions. He just did a proper mix with some cool double drops and none of the usual OTT nonsense. It's interesting because this is probably how his mixes would sound all the time if he were given a wider selection of tracks and minimal preparation time. I liked it, apart from all the CXH-style no-transition cuts.
latininxtc Well there was this that was originally here in this section, but Silver moved it where topics go to die (the tracks and release announcements)

http://www.happyhardcore.com/forums/topic.asp?topic_id=66956
Elliott
quote:
Originally posted by latininxtc:
Well there was this that was originally here in this section, but Silver moved it where topics go to die (the tracks and release announcements)

Oh right, thanks. No wonder I didn't find it!

Edit: Seriously, what is this forum for? A large part of our discussion is new releases!
CDJay I've actually given up posting and engaging in such things, proactively, as a result.

I understand the reasoning behind not allowing every DJ mix and digital release, but actual albums? From every camp in the scene? Sometimes representing 20+ years of a career in genre?

*shrugs*

edit: I used to actually make sure I posted track lists etc here first, as I like sensible discussion in a non scattered fashion. It's a valuable resource for everyone. No-one is more sad than I that I no longer see the point in doing so.

CDJay
Elliott
quote:
Originally posted by CDJay:
I've actually given up posting and engaging in such things, proactively, as a result.

I understand the reasoning behind not allowing every DJ mix and digital release, but actual albums? From every camp in the scene? Sometimes representing 20+ years of a career in genre?

*shrugs*

edit: I used to actually make sure I posted track lists etc here first, as I like sensible discussion in a non scattered fashion. It's a valuable resource for everyone. No-one is more sad than I that I no longer see the point in doing so.

CDJay

Also a review thread hardly constitutes a release announcement.

That's what I thought we did: actual announcements belong in the announcement forum but review/discussion threads belong in the general hardcore forum. Oh well!
CDJay I'll run through what I used to do, and why.

I'd initially "announce" the project, sayyyy HU7 (which we're working on). Probably with some artwork. This would inspire guessing on what DJs would be involved, and general bantering. Then I'd put up the DJ roster for that volume. Then the tracklist. Usually updating the first page of the thread as well. Then we'd drip feed some clips up until release.

At this point sometimes we'd spin off a separate feedback thread, other times it would continue in the same thread.

Invariably this would result in lots of useful interaction and feedback for us, shaping both current and future projects. It would allow considered debate, and a very easy way to track what worked and didn't, when and where expectations were subverted, unmet or exceeded. Going back and reading through previous HU1-6 release threads should back me up on this.

What happens now is I post in here, it gets moved to a subforum, and dies a death. No structured debate. Minimal useful interaction. So I haven't teased the art. I haven't announced the line-up. We're expecting HU7 to be out in November, and what used to be an exciting and engaging process has been thoroughly undermined by fragmented facebook comments and the simple fact that there is no-where left for the previous model to be employed.

I'm sad about that.

CDJay
Cyrax
quote:
We're expecting HU7 to be out in November

just get the Sharkey album out first yeah ;)

Dys7
quote:
I haven't announced the line-up. We're expecting HU7 to be out in November

November?! That's just a month away! Are you not taking track submissions then?
Rodz90 I'm curious to see Silvers opinions on this, it can't be as granular as "wrong thread, wrong forum". Anybody can see that except for Hardcore Underground there is virtually nothing going on in the way of releases, so why bother killing whatever news we have?.

Also CDJay, why not just post to the front page with the same methods?

CDJay
quote:
Originally posted by Dys7:
quote:

Fascinatingly, we're opening submissions.... this evening!

CDJay
Cyrax
quote:
quote:
quote:

CDJay

wicked , just smashed out 6 tracks with James this month

Bad Corey
quote:
quote:
quote:

CDJay

Messaging you something this moment on Facebook :o
Samination I don't know what happened, but I presume as soon as there is a link to purchase/download, it consitutes a Release
Elliott
quote:
Originally posted by Samination:
I don't know what happened, but I presume as soon as there is a link to purchase/download, it consitutes a Release

But surely discussion and reviews of a release don't constitute announcements either.

In my opinion, strictly informational topics about new releases belong in the announcements section but as soon as someone wants to discuss it further, it becomes a general hardcore matter. That's just my take on it though.

Edit: Major album releases etc. should probably also stay in this forum as well. They garner enough general interest to be worthy of the title "music discussion".
Samination
quote:
Originally posted by Elliott:
quote:
I don't know what happened, but I presume as soon as there is a link to purchase/download, it consitutes a Release

But surely discussion and reviews of a release don't constitute announcements either.

In my opinion, strictly informational topics about new releases belong in the announcements section but as soon as someone wants to discuss it further, it becomes a general hardcore matter. That's just my take on it though.

Edit: Major album releases etc. should probably also stay in this forum as well. They garner enough general interest to be worthy of the title "music discussion".

If you check the old thread again. It contain tracklist and where to get it. I presume that is the reason why Silver moved it. If it was just pure discussion with a link in someone's post, I would also wonder why it got moved. But in the end, I dont know why it dies out, all threads get equal amont of time in the New Topics/Recent Topics pages, but I guess people are just lazy to read other subforums other than the General Hardcore subforum. Shame on you al :P
silver It was top page news and here is the nearly 5 page discussion topic about it :)

Yep it's under the new releases section as it's new release information, if you want to post in hardcore discussion post something that isn't just a press release with a buy link :)
Elipton Are CDJay and Silver about to have a mud-wrestling showdown?
latininxtc
quote:
Originally posted by Elipton:
Are CDJay and Silver about to have a mud-wrestling showdown?

sounds hot my money's on cdjay!
Cyrax DJ Silver has spoken !!
djDMS
quote:
Originally posted by Elipton:
Are CDJay and Silver about to have a mud-wrestling showdown?

*Post moved to rumours forum*
CDJay Nope, I will take it all at face value and follow the precise regime I stated. Let's prove the model

That said, I will happily let someone mud wrestle on my behalf.

CDJay
silver
quote:
Nope, I will take it all at face value and follow the precise regime I stated. Let's prove the model

Mud? Jelly / jello would be better, then we all could do jello shots after haha... some bring the vodka please!

Yeah not looking for drama or post this here or else... the site is about the users and to be honest to have fun, I don't take it too seriously but although I personally love what the HU guys are doing I can't allow one and not another, I can't take sides, I have no be mr sit on the fence for it all despite my personal feelings :)

A good example is that this topic and replies are a good example of hardcore discussion :)

CDJay, you need to restart your hardcore underground radio shows / podcasts, take a look at our live show lineup each week, we're doing the most shows now and would be great to get you guys on the roster :)
latininxtc
quote:
Originally posted by silver:
quote:
Nope, I will take it all at face value and follow the precise regime I stated. Let's prove the model

CDJay, you need to restart your hardcore underground radio shows / podcasts, take a look at our live show lineup each week, we're doing the most shows now and would be great to get you guys on the roster :)

Jon do nothing of the sort until your demands are met on your posts staying in the hardcore discussion page!!!

But I agree the hhc.com radio does have more shows AND they have a much nicer variety than the di.fm radio station and I think Krafty as well. I have nothing against freeform, but the di.fm UK hardcore station has turned into 75% freeform and 25% of UK hardcore and non-uk hardcore music. I've heard gabber hardcore set there, which makes no sense since there's already a gabber hardcore station, and some hard dance there. And apparently they restrict hardcore breaks.
Samination Well the di.fm station has been left for dry. And they did make an Nightcore channel after all
latininxtc
quote:
Well the di.fm station has been left for dry. And they did make an Nightcore channel after all

found that channel a bit annoying
Craigavon raver
quote:
Is there even a topic about this yet?

What did everyone think?

At least there was more previously unreleased content on it than the D&G album. Only a couple of gems that I didn't already have though.

The mix was way better than the D&G album mix too -- proper transitions (for the most part)! I enjoyed it far more than the over-rehearsed, choreographed madness of his usual mixing style these days. These were mostly tracks that he hadn't mixed for a long time and it was a one off so I don't think he could be bothered to find and practice a bunch of overly fancy transitions. He just did a proper mix with some cool double drops and none of the usual OTT nonsense. It's interesting because this is probably how his mixes would sound all the time if he were given a wider selection of tracks and minimal preparation time. I liked it, apart from all the CXH-style no-transition cuts.

Yeah I like the mix and the cd, but I must admit I was really surprised he didn't scratch! in the case of the dougal & gammer album I wasn't surprised as he rarely scratches when hes with dougal, but on this case I was!
djDMS Just bought this (finally), will leave feedback in the appropriate place in good time
djDMS It's Gammer.

Of course it's VERY good.

To be honest, I don't like all of it. But there are at least 8 or 9 tracks on there that are worth the 15 quid alone!
Entity
quote:

Sadly, if the albums that HU and such-like put out don't constitute as "Major" albums in this sorry day and age, then I've got bad news for you. Source: Any damn music store you care to walk into. From what I'm aware, the only physical hardcore album you can buy in stores this year is F&D's Filth and Dumb Hatred.

*Edit* On the digital-only side (to balance this out), did any of the major hardcore series get a release this year?

djDMS Hasn't been much (if anything) worth buying outside of HU this year.

Still no sign of the Clubland Xtreme album, which is very unusual in such a strong year for releases. Suppose delaying it for ages might mean some of the so called 'classics' will be just that! :-P
Elliott
quote:
Originally posted by Entity:
quote:

Sadly, if the albums that HU and such-like put out don't constitute as "Major" albums in this sorry day and age, then I've got bad news for you. Source: Any damn music store you care to walk into. From what I'm aware, the only physical hardcore album you can buy in stores this year is F&D's Filth and Dumb Hatred.

*Edit* On the digital-only side (to balance this out), did any of the major hardcore series get a release this year?

Nah, you misunderstood me. Full HU album releases are one of the few candidates for the "major" title these days and thus deserving of threads in general hardcore discussion. :)

It took 1.91 ninja's to process this page!

HappyHardcore.com

1999 - 2024 HappyHardcore.com
audio: PRS for music. Build: 3.1.73.1

Go to top of page