Lost password
 Remember my login 
 All forums
 Music discussion - hardcore
 Muffin Music - Literally Everything
 Printer friendly
Page: 
of 2

All users can post new topics in this forum. All users can reply to topics in this forum

Author Thread  
Elliott
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,137 posts
Posted - 2014/09/30 :  12:47:44  Show profile Send a private message
Is there even a topic about this yet?

What did everyone think?

At least there was more previously unreleased content on it than the D&G album. Only a couple of gems that I didn't already have though.

The mix was way better than the D&G album mix too -- proper transitions (for the most part)! I enjoyed it far more than the over-rehearsed, choreographed madness of his usual mixing style these days. These were mostly tracks that he hadn't mixed for a long time and it was a one off so I don't think he could be bothered to find and practice a bunch of overly fancy transitions. He just did a proper mix with some cool double drops and none of the usual OTT nonsense. It's interesting because this is probably how his mixes would sound all the time if he were given a wider selection of tracks and minimal preparation time. I liked it, apart from all the CXH-style no-transition cuts.

Alert moderator

Edited by - Elliott on 2014/09/30 12:52:48
latininxtc
Advanced Member

United States
7,307 posts
latininxtc has attended 5 events
Posted - 2014/09/30 :  15:58:10  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit latininxtc's homepage
Well there was this that was originally here in this section, but Silver moved it where topics go to die (the tracks and release announcements)

http://www.happyhardcore.com/forums/topic.asp?topic_id=66956

Alert moderator Go to top of page
Elliott
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,137 posts
Posted - 2014/09/30 :  17:58:18  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Elliott's homepage
quote:
Originally posted by latininxtc:
Well there was this that was originally here in this section, but Silver moved it where topics go to die (the tracks and release announcements)

Oh right, thanks. No wonder I didn't find it!

Edit: Seriously, what is this forum for? A large part of our discussion is new releases!

Edited by - Elliott on 2014/09/30 17:59:21
CDJay
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
3,049 posts
Posted - 2014/09/30 :  23:12:41  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit CDJay's homepage
I've actually given up posting and engaging in such things, proactively, as a result.

I understand the reasoning behind not allowing every DJ mix and digital release, but actual albums? From every camp in the scene? Sometimes representing 20+ years of a career in genre?

*shrugs*

edit: I used to actually make sure I posted track lists etc here first, as I like sensible discussion in a non scattered fashion. It's a valuable resource for everyone. No-one is more sad than I that I no longer see the point in doing so.

CDJay

Edited by - CDJay on 2014/09/30 23:17:00
Elliott
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,137 posts
Posted - 2014/10/01 :  10:30:25  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Elliott's homepage
quote:
Originally posted by CDJay:
I've actually given up posting and engaging in such things, proactively, as a result.

I understand the reasoning behind not allowing every DJ mix and digital release, but actual albums? From every camp in the scene? Sometimes representing 20+ years of a career in genre?

*shrugs*

edit: I used to actually make sure I posted track lists etc here first, as I like sensible discussion in a non scattered fashion. It's a valuable resource for everyone. No-one is more sad than I that I no longer see the point in doing so.

CDJay

Also a review thread hardly constitutes a release announcement.

That's what I thought we did: actual announcements belong in the announcement forum but review/discussion threads belong in the general hardcore forum. Oh well!

CDJay
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
3,049 posts
Posted - 2014/10/01 :  10:49:33  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit CDJay's homepage
I'll run through what I used to do, and why.

I'd initially "announce" the project, sayyyy HU7 (which we're working on). Probably with some artwork. This would inspire guessing on what DJs would be involved, and general bantering. Then I'd put up the DJ roster for that volume. Then the tracklist. Usually updating the first page of the thread as well. Then we'd drip feed some clips up until release.

At this point sometimes we'd spin off a separate feedback thread, other times it would continue in the same thread.

Invariably this would result in lots of useful interaction and feedback for us, shaping both current and future projects. It would allow considered debate, and a very easy way to track what worked and didn't, when and where expectations were subverted, unmet or exceeded. Going back and reading through previous HU1-6 release threads should back me up on this.

What happens now is I post in here, it gets moved to a subforum, and dies a death. No structured debate. Minimal useful interaction. So I haven't teased the art. I haven't announced the line-up. We're expecting HU7 to be out in November, and what used to be an exciting and engaging process has been thoroughly undermined by fragmented facebook comments and the simple fact that there is no-where left for the previous model to be employed.

I'm sad about that.

CDJay

Cyrax
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
623 posts
Cyrax has attended 9 events
Posted - 2014/10/01 :  11:21:32  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Cyrax's homepage
quote:
We're expecting HU7 to be out in November

just get the Sharkey album out first yeah ;)

Dys7
Advanced Member

United States
1,231 posts
Posted - 2014/10/01 :  14:05:36  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Dys7's homepage
quote:
I haven't announced the line-up. We're expecting HU7 to be out in November

November?! That's just a month away! Are you not taking track submissions then?

---
The Spirit at the Edge of Infinity
Check out my cheesy fiddlings here:
http://soundcloud.com/dys7dj/

Rodz90
Average Member

United Kingdom
208 posts
Posted - 2014/10/01 :  14:26:09  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Rodz90's homepage
I'm curious to see Silvers opinions on this, it can't be as granular as "wrong thread, wrong forum". Anybody can see that except for Hardcore Underground there is virtually nothing going on in the way of releases, so why bother killing whatever news we have?.

Also CDJay, why not just post to the front page with the same methods?

CDJay
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
3,049 posts
Posted - 2014/10/01 :  14:39:13  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit CDJay's homepage
quote:
Originally posted by Dys7:
quote:

Fascinatingly, we're opening submissions.... this evening!

CDJay

Cyrax
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
623 posts
Cyrax has attended 9 events
Posted - 2014/10/01 :  15:09:32  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Cyrax's homepage
quote:
quote:
quote:

CDJay

wicked , just smashed out 6 tracks with James this month

Bad Corey
Average Member

United States
235 posts
Posted - 2014/10/01 :  16:49:55  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Bad Corey's homepage
quote:
quote:
quote:

CDJay

Messaging you something this moment on Facebook :o

Samination
Advanced Member

Sweden
13,072 posts

195 hardcore releases
Samination has attended 17 events
Posted - 2014/10/01 :  17:00:48  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Samination's homepage
I don't know what happened, but I presume as soon as there is a link to purchase/download, it consitutes a Release

http://samination.se/
---------------------------------------------

Elliott
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,137 posts
Posted - 2014/10/01 :  20:41:14  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Elliott's homepage
quote:
Originally posted by Samination:
I don't know what happened, but I presume as soon as there is a link to purchase/download, it consitutes a Release

But surely discussion and reviews of a release don't constitute announcements either.

In my opinion, strictly informational topics about new releases belong in the announcements section but as soon as someone wants to discuss it further, it becomes a general hardcore matter. That's just my take on it though.

Edit: Major album releases etc. should probably also stay in this forum as well. They garner enough general interest to be worthy of the title "music discussion".

Edited by - Elliott on 2014/10/01 20:43:17
Samination
Advanced Member

Sweden
13,072 posts

195 hardcore releases
Samination has attended 17 events
Posted - 2014/10/01 :  20:48:34  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Samination's homepage
quote:
Originally posted by Elliott:
quote:
Originally posted by Samination:

But surely discussion and reviews of a release don't constitute announcements either.

In my opinion, strictly informational topics about new releases belong in the announcements section but as soon as someone wants to discuss it further, it becomes a general hardcore matter. That's just my take on it though.

Edit: Major album releases etc. should probably also stay in this forum as well. They garner enough general interest to be worthy of the title "music discussion".

If you check the old thread again. It contain tracklist and where to get it. I presume that is the reason why Silver moved it. If it was just pure discussion with a link in someone's post, I would also wonder why it got moved. But in the end, I dont know why it dies out, all threads get equal amont of time in the New Topics/Recent Topics pages, but I guess people are just lazy to read other subforums other than the General Hardcore subforum. Shame on you al :P

http://samination.se/
---------------------------------------------

silver
Admin

Japan
12,547 posts

894 hardcore releases
silver is verified hardcore artist silver is a site donation subscriber silver has attended 108 events
Posted - 2014/10/02 :  09:34:13  Show profile View artist profile  Send a private message  Visit silver's homepage
It was top page news and here is the nearly 5 page discussion topic about it :)

Yep it's under the new releases section as it's new release information, if you want to post in hardcore discussion post something that isn't just a press release with a buy link :)

New PostPost Reply
Topic is 2 pages long: 1  2
 Printer friendly
  Verified artist
   Donating member How to donate

It took 1.8 ninja's to process this page!

HappyHardcore.com

1999 - 2024 HappyHardcore.com
audio: PRS for music. Build: 3.1.73.1

Go to top of page