Page: 
of 2

Author Thread  
Elipton
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,268 posts
Elipton has attended 2 events
Posted - 2014/10/02 :  15:40:26  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Elipton's homepage  Reply with quote
Are CDJay and Silver about to have a mud-wrestling showdown?

Alert moderator Go to top of page
latininxtc
Advanced Member

United States
7,307 posts
latininxtc has attended 5 events
Posted - 2014/10/02 :  15:48:38  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit latininxtc's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by Elipton:

sounds hot my money's on cdjay!

Cyrax
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
623 posts
Cyrax has attended 9 events
Posted - 2014/10/02 :  16:56:51  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Cyrax's homepage  Reply with quote
DJ Silver has spoken !!

djDMS
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
10,304 posts

572 hardcore releases
djDMS has donated money to the site djDMS has attended 43 events
Posted - 2014/10/02 :  17:37:52  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit djDMS's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by Elipton:

*Post moved to rumours forum*

CDJay
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
3,049 posts
Posted - 2014/10/02 :  23:38:02  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit CDJay's homepage  Reply with quote
Nope, I will take it all at face value and follow the precise regime I stated. Let's prove the model

That said, I will happily let someone mud wrestle on my behalf.

CDJay

silver
Admin

Japan
12,548 posts

894 hardcore releases
silver is verified hardcore artist silver is a site donation subscriber silver has attended 108 events
Posted - 2014/10/03 :  00:16:37  Show profile View artist profile  Send a private message  Visit silver's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by CDJay:
Nope, I will take it all at face value and follow the precise regime I stated. Let's prove the model

Mud? Jelly / jello would be better, then we all could do jello shots after haha... some bring the vodka please!

Yeah not looking for drama or post this here or else... the site is about the users and to be honest to have fun, I don't take it too seriously but although I personally love what the HU guys are doing I can't allow one and not another, I can't take sides, I have no be mr sit on the fence for it all despite my personal feelings :)

A good example is that this topic and replies are a good example of hardcore discussion :)

CDJay, you need to restart your hardcore underground radio shows / podcasts, take a look at our live show lineup each week, we're doing the most shows now and would be great to get you guys on the roster :)

latininxtc
Advanced Member

United States
7,307 posts
Posted - 2014/10/03 :  01:33:59  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit latininxtc's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by silver:
quote:
Originally posted by CDJay:

CDJay, you need to restart your hardcore underground radio shows / podcasts, take a look at our live show lineup each week, we're doing the most shows now and would be great to get you guys on the roster :)

Jon do nothing of the sort until your demands are met on your posts staying in the hardcore discussion page!!!

But I agree the hhc.com radio does have more shows AND they have a much nicer variety than the di.fm radio station and I think Krafty as well. I have nothing against freeform, but the di.fm UK hardcore station has turned into 75% freeform and 25% of UK hardcore and non-uk hardcore music. I've heard gabber hardcore set there, which makes no sense since there's already a gabber hardcore station, and some hard dance there. And apparently they restrict hardcore breaks.

Samination
Advanced Member

Sweden
13,073 posts

195 hardcore releases
Samination has attended 17 events
Posted - 2014/10/03 :  07:23:14  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Samination's homepage  Reply with quote
Well the di.fm station has been left for dry. And they did make an Nightcore channel after all

http://samination.se/
---------------------------------------------

latininxtc
Advanced Member

United States
7,307 posts
Posted - 2014/10/03 :  07:27:21  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit latininxtc's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by Samination:
Well the di.fm station has been left for dry. And they did make an Nightcore channel after all

found that channel a bit annoying

Craigavon raver
Advanced Member

Ireland
2,207 posts
Craigavon raver has attended 1 event
Posted - 2014/10/10 :  17:49:07  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Craigavon raver's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by Elliott:
Is there even a topic about this yet?

What did everyone think?

At least there was more previously unreleased content on it than the D&G album. Only a couple of gems that I didn't already have though.

The mix was way better than the D&G album mix too -- proper transitions (for the most part)! I enjoyed it far more than the over-rehearsed, choreographed madness of his usual mixing style these days. These were mostly tracks that he hadn't mixed for a long time and it was a one off so I don't think he could be bothered to find and practice a bunch of overly fancy transitions. He just did a proper mix with some cool double drops and none of the usual OTT nonsense. It's interesting because this is probably how his mixes would sound all the time if he were given a wider selection of tracks and minimal preparation time. I liked it, apart from all the CXH-style no-transition cuts.

Yeah I like the mix and the cd, but I must admit I was really surprised he didn't scratch! in the case of the dougal & gammer album I wasn't surprised as he rarely scratches when hes with dougal, but on this case I was!

djDMS
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
10,304 posts

572 hardcore releases
Posted - 2014/10/10 :  19:54:44  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit djDMS's homepage  Reply with quote
Just bought this (finally), will leave feedback in the appropriate place in good time

djDMS
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
10,304 posts

572 hardcore releases
Posted - 2014/10/18 :  14:07:13  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit djDMS's homepage  Reply with quote
It's Gammer.

Of course it's VERY good.

To be honest, I don't like all of it. But there are at least 8 or 9 tracks on there that are worth the 15 quid alone!

Entity
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,329 posts
Entity is verified hardcore artist Entity has donated money to the site Entity has attended 3 events
Posted - 2014/10/21 :  11:20:10  Show profile View artist profile  Send a private message  Visit Entity's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:

Edit: Major album releases etc. should probably also stay in this forum as well. They garner enough general interest to be worthy of the title "music discussion".

Sadly, if the albums that HU and such-like put out don't constitute as "Major" albums in this sorry day and age, then I've got bad news for you. Source: Any damn music store you care to walk into. From what I'm aware, the only physical hardcore album you can buy in stores this year is F&D's Filth and Dumb Hatred.

*Edit* On the digital-only side (to balance this out), did any of the major hardcore series get a release this year?

Edited by - Entity on 2014/10/21 11:26:27
djDMS
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
10,304 posts

572 hardcore releases
Posted - 2014/10/21 :  11:41:56  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit djDMS's homepage  Reply with quote
Hasn't been much (if anything) worth buying outside of HU this year.

Still no sign of the Clubland Xtreme album, which is very unusual in such a strong year for releases. Suppose delaying it for ages might mean some of the so called 'classics' will be just that! :-P

Elliott
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,137 posts
Posted - 2014/10/24 :  12:34:46  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Elliott's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by Entity:
quote:

Edit: Major album releases etc. should probably also stay in this forum as well. They garner enough general interest to be worthy of the title "music discussion".

Sadly, if the albums that HU and such-like put out don't constitute as "Major" albums in this sorry day and age, then I've got bad news for you. Source: Any damn music store you care to walk into. From what I'm aware, the only physical hardcore album you can buy in stores this year is F&D's Filth and Dumb Hatred.

*Edit* On the digital-only side (to balance this out), did any of the major hardcore series get a release this year?

Nah, you misunderstood me. Full HU album releases are one of the few candidates for the "major" title these days and thus deserving of threads in general hardcore discussion. :)

New PostPost Reply
Topic is 2 pages long: 1  2
 Printer friendly
  Verified artist
   Donating member How to donate

It took 1.61 ninja's to process this page!

HappyHardcore.com

1999 - 2024 HappyHardcore.com
audio: PRS for music. Build: 3.1.73.1

Go to top of page