Radio listeners 177+
Email Us!
Username: Password:

Lost password
 Remember my login 
 All forums
 Music discussion - hardcore
 Brisk & Scott Brown's new tunes

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is free.

Screensize:
Username:
Password:
Format: Strike Sup Sub BigChar Align Left Align Right Pre Teletype Moving Text Insert Horizontal Rule Highlight (Yellow)
Bold Italicized Underline Centered Insert Hyperlink Insert Email Insert Image Insert Code Insert Quote Insert List Insert Smilie Spell Check Youtube embed Soundcloud embed Mixcloud embed Bandcamp embed

Message Icon:
* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON

Mode:
Check here to include your profile signature.

T O P I C     R E V I E W
virtigo I have to be honest, regardless of how much I love the music Scott Brown and Brisk make, I cant really see myself liking the new remix of Eye Opener. Im not all that struck on newstyle tunes anyway and unfortunately I think this has all but ruined how good the tune was. I've just listened to it 3 times to try and make myself like it but it just aint gonna happen!

Mind Punks is half decent because its original but again its newstyle. Why is newstyle suddenly trying to take over? Its Dutch so lets leave it in Holland. We over here in the UK love the usual tried and tested hardcore that Hixxy, Force n Styles, Demand, Sy etc. make and play. Why bring noise over here when it could stay happily and noisily in Holland!

When it comes to newstyle, its good to use as a breakdown in tunes but not full newstyle tunes!! The stuff does my nut in! At one point it sounded ok but now its repeatative and annoying. Sorry Scott, sorry Brisk, here's my marks out of 10 for your new tunes:

Eye Opener (remix) - 6/10 (Could be alot better if it wasnt newstyle)
Mind Punks - 7/10 (Original, but newstyle! Not Good no!)

If they were HARDCORE tunes and not newstyle then I'm sure these tunes would have been fantastic. A wasted opportunity! Sad really.

HKA = HARDCORE KICKS ARSE!! HARDCORE WILL NEVER DIE. 4EVA WE WILL BE #1!
Dj ViRTiGo - HARDCORE 4 THE RAVERS!
Simon Each tune is typical of Scott Brown. I like most of his stuff and he's had a good go at remixing a classic like "Eye Opener" which was such a hit with many HHC fans that it was always gonna be hard to produce a remix of it that was either as good as or better than the original. I think that both tunes are o.k but if I had a choice of what to play I would put on both the original HHC versions of each song. What the remixes are though that I like in remixes is that there is enough "change" in the original so it is a proper remix unlike a lot of remix's (especially in HHC) where they are remixed by another artist yet sound so similar to the original it's almost pointless!!!

Sy.
manic I just listen to some evolution today and it seems a bit clubby to me.

" Hardcore is a feeling, not a fashion" DJ Scott Brown

I was sent to outer space to find another happy place. Now i'm left here all alone, a million miles away from home.
Midian It may not be your cup of tea Virtigo but how can it ruin the original? The original will always be there for you to listen to when you want!

What would be the point of remixing it if it sounded the same to the original??

Regardless, Good on him for taking a totally different slant to it ;)

virtigo I never said that the remixes are suppose to be like the original. Im just saying that a true hardcore scott brown remix would have been a better remix than the one he has done in newstyle. No it isnt my cup of tea but the whole point of this forum is to put your views forward and that is what I have done. Sorry if you dont agree. Not everone will. All im saying is that Im hardcore not gabber!

Heist Sorry but you guys suck! Newstyle is the bizness and i love the eyeopener remix! Sometimes you need a break from technicolour happy tunes.

www.mp3.com/djheist
Foxy Virtigo-I've gotta agree again (this is becoming a habit I cant shake mate!-maybe its the UK north west thing!) Gabba/newstyle should be encouraged as some people like it, but perhaps treated as seperately as techno is with different DJ's & only occasional cross overs! Heist-maybe the scene's different in Oz but over here Gabba/newstyle isnt too popular.

Hardcore family never dies.
Amber-Jade I must agree with Vertigo. The new stuff just sounds all too the same...

.·´¯`°*º¤ ^Å^ ¤º*°´¯`·.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Just close your eyes, and dream with me, you'll hear the sound of muzik
Heist Well i do tend to like it fckin hard. Over here newstyle is bigger than happy but thats not saying much as our scene is so small. All our hard house people get into happy and freeform too so thats ok. My happy sets usually have some ruffneck and general bangin stuff in them.

www.mp3.com/djheist
milo I actually really like the enw stuff comin' out, deffinately would drop it in my set, while i'm sure it would certianly send some candy kids running in tears, it would probably capture the same amount.

"Everybody... rock, rock on.. "
pacman what did you expect from scott brown??? he rocks gabber and always has.

quote:
If they were HARDCORE tunes and not newstyle

what the hell are you talking about??? newstyle is hardcore. it's 100 times more hardcore than the shit hixxy's doing at the moment. force & styles even border on not even being called hardcore? seriously... what's hardcore about force & styles???

scott brown has always been hardcore (meaning gabber), and brisk really digs it too. if they wanna produce some newstyle - good!! it's good to see producers doing what they want! that's what makes our scene so good - the fact that producers have the creative freedom to make the tunes they want to make, while still pleasing the crowds.

all scott brown's hardcore is newstyle stuff - you can't expect him to change just because it isn't popular over there anymore! that would be what we call SELLING OUT. and besides it's taking off everywhere else!

drugs is not the answer... drugs? is the question... yes is the answer
virtigo Pacman, there are only 2 countries that newstyle seems to be really hitting off. 1) Australia & 2) Holland. Here it just isnt hardcore. Here, its classed as hard-techno. Or as MC Storm calls it, "A techno Blast"!

I'll also have you know that the stuff Hixxy, Styles, Breeze, Kaos, UFO, Sharkey, Brisk and Scott Brown are making and playing over here is the best HARDCORE since early 99. Scott Brown is HARDCORE, not just gabber. Fair enuf, he likes it, he makes it and then he plays it. Thats up to him. All Im saying is that Its not that good over here. If it was then our Hardcore wouldnt be getting played any more. Alot of it is noise in my opinion but thats ONLY my opinion. Our hardcore is by far the best. Dutch Hardcore (newstyle Gabber) is just something new and that is why some people like it.

Dragalian I like nustyle, but most of the time as a breakdown, like in Scuzzlebutt by In Effect or Feel it in the Air by Hixxy (hehe, this one's awesome, very Hixxy style-nustyle.)
Nustyle tunes do tend to get old.
I listen to all three (yes folks there's three, the third is Do Not Attempt. Look on the main page of the next gen website) and the only one I liked was Do Not Attempt.

http://www.amoryproductions.com
virus
quote:
I actually really like the enw stuff comin' out, deffinately would drop it in my set

yea, but yer american.. american happy dj's always do that.

pacman interesting. well scott brown & brisk seem to think that newstyle's where it's at when it comes to hardcore. i was disputing your claims about force & styles, i personally don't think they're hard at all.... as for sharkey (he hasn't produced in a while has he?), scott brown, kaos and sy then indeed i agree they have been making the best hardcore. the others you mentioned aren't really my style but again they are all great top-class hardcore producers.

quote:
If it was then our Hardcore wouldnt be getting played any more

so what is this "our hardcore"??? i'm not familiar with what you're defining as current british hardcore? are you talking about the producers you mentioned? because that's no alternative for gabber:: it's completely different.

quote:
Dutch Hardcore (newstyle Gabber) is just something new and that is why some people like it.

hmmm.... so it has less credibility because it's a new style????? and it's more that just SOME people that like it. so even if it's taking off in only two countries (or so you say) that's still thousands of people who like and support it. it's a flourishing scene with many successful labels and artists. if you think it's "noise" go listen to some US hardcore - now that's noise.

not to mention that holland have always been strong in the hardcore scene it's not just their newstyle movement! the whole happy-gabber thing was all dutch! paul elstak, pengo, rotterdam.

quote:
Its not that good over here. If it was then our Hardcore wouldnt be getting played any more.

in YOUR opinion??? of course it would still get played! people like variety. i understand that some (or most or whatever) people over there do not like it - that does not make it any less credible of a style, and i don't think you can say that two of the UK's leading hardcore producers EVER have ruined two good tunes!?? they've just provided a different take on it. it's not like they're erasing all copies of the originals, they're simply providing the tunes for a wider audience.

Oli G both of em are ****ing superb
if u dont like em u just cant take it 'ard enuff :)

Garage Is where You Keep Your ****in Car
House Is where You Live
Hardcore Is HOW You Live

\o/ <o/ \o> <o> /o\ _o/ \o_
virtigo Its got nothing to do with taking things harder than others. Shit! I say one thing and I get this toss!

Pacman, lets set it straight! You like it, I dont! Thats that! If I was at a rave and one minute UK hardcore was getting played and then newstyle came on, yes I would rave to it. Why? Because some of it is half decent to me. It isnt something I would rave to if it was the only music playing. I wouldnt be at a rave if it was like that.

Variation is fine. Ive got nothing against it. The point I made from the start was that I didnt really like the two new tunes by Scott Brown & Brisk because I dont like newstyle gabber. That was it! Obviously peoples opinions dont matter for much anymore. Sorry I bothered saying anything! I'll leave you all to chat on about how wonderfull these new tunes are.

Don Giovanni
quote:
Originally posted by virtigo:
there are only 2 countries that newstyle seems to be really hitting off. 1) Australia & 2) Holland

Sorry you forgot Italy. Kids there are nuts about gabber. Too bad the bulk of the gabber lovers there, are skin heads :P

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
'Together united as one indeed, WE ARE THE HARDCORE FAMILY!
Oli G heh
i was jokin mate

i aint turnin this into ush (no offence anyone but thats where the usual argumjents are)

just sayin i like em, im all for ppl havin there own opinions which is what most ppl who post on ush.net (noone mentioned again and no offence) seem to think you shouldnt have (an opinion)

Garage Is where You Keep Your ****in Car
House Is where You Live
Hardcore Is HOW You Live

\o/ <o/ \o> <o> /o\ _o/ \o_
pacman i have all respect for your opinion virtigo.

when you write a thread that attacks songs that others like and a genre that others like, you have to be prepared to recieve argument. not everyone's going to bow down and agree with you, especially when your original post was strongly opinionated and subjective. your point was more than that you didn't like them - if you read your post again, you basically say how newstyle is not a plausible style and that you think it's not as valid a form of music as happyhardcore, which obviously is your opinion and that's fine, but you have to expect that people are going to disagree. this is a discussion board!

joltzy So virus your not american. Thats funny.

JOLTZ
virtigo Wotever. Im not gonna start any arguments because Ive stated my opinion. If I did that every time I put my opinion forward then I wud have had many arguments and fights because of it! pointless!

The USH forum is terrible thow. I'll give you that!

Simon I don't mind the newstyle stuff but I much prefere the proper hardcore myself. I don't see why or how this topic has got onto dissing Force & Styles they were great....every tune they produced was great they did a lot for our scene. They are also one of not many who crossed over to Happy Hardcore when Oldskool started to fade and develop more into HHC. There oldskool tunes are great too when they were in "Force & The Evolution". I see no need to accuse Force & Styles of not being Hard enough if there not hard enough then surely every single HHC producer isn't hard enough!!! I personally don't mind the newstyle harder stuff but I don't love it and I don't think I ever could. Force & Styles gets my vote over Scott Browns Hard stuff anyday. However I'm not making an assult on Scott Brown I also think he has done loads for our scene....I just prefer his stuff like "Turn Up The Music", "Power Of Love", "Elysium", "Now Is The Time", "Pilgrim 2000", "Break Of Dawn Remix", etc, etc. What I find good about Scott Brown is that he caters for all styles of Hardcore lovers from his harder stuff to his Happier sounding stuff!!!

Sy.
virtigo Exactly. Couldnt agree more with you. He is one of the best DJ/Producers ever to hit the scene and his hardcore like "Turn Up The Music" "Blue Room" "Power Of Love" etc I believe is the future of the scene. Without a doubt!

kg4
quote:
Originally posted by virus:
quote:
I actually really like the enw stuff comin' out, deffinately would drop it in my set

yea, but yer american.. american happy dj's always do that.

care to elaborate on this?

"We'll always be together; however far it seems. We'll always be together; together in electric dreams. "
DJ Pathfinder i like it and it rocks heard it in brisk set at fd :)

You can't see me,because i am the future.
joltzy Yes kg4 thats what i was wondering

JOLTZ
DJ-SK8 I said it in the other thred and i'll say it here....SCOTT BROWN RAN OUT OF IDEAS A LONG TIME AGO.

I do like the earcloser mix, but nothing will compaer to the original, not even Brisks 99mix.

i Mean i have better ideas for Hardcore then him, i just need $250 so i can go into the ATM Studio and Produce it.

My god how long have those mice been living your back fat?!?!?!
o0sameyeam0o I didnt really want to read this topic, seeing most would say stuff like this, about it being nu style gabber and all..

well you all have your own opinions

Ive been a gabber as long as ive been listening to hardcore, gabber is apart of me, and to have a great anthem such as Eye opener, rmxed as a nu style track is a blessing upon me

i really like this harder approach from brisk and Brown. i really hope to see more tunes like this, but hope they make a new label instead of putting it on nex gen

thats my 4 cents

respekts

sam

o0:: MaX rEsPeKts ::0o

....:::: Happy Music For Happy People ::::....

[email protected]

AIM: XxhyperbouncexX
virus i always hear american dj's mixing new style with happy stuff

joltzy So you are not an american!
JOLTZ

o0sameyeam0o
quote:
Originally posted by virus:
i always hear american dj's mixing new style with happy stuff

Yesh true, here in cali. Sum djs spin gabber and Nu styleee

No left turn rox both worlds, and does it good and hard

I <3 no left turn... Woot Woot*

[email protected]

No Left Turn hahaha... i have no problem with you <3'ing me but just leave the creaming in your pants business to yourself

-Donny / No Left Turn
http://www.hardcoreravers.com
o0sameyeam0o Dood donny, ive left those ways, ive learned to control my creaming to a point where its on command

[email protected]

No Left Turn hahaha that is always good to know

-Donny / No Left Turn
http://www.hardcoreravers.com

It took 2.3 ninja's to process this page!

HappyHardcore.com

1999 - 2024 HappyHardcore.com
audio: PRS for music. Build: 3.1.73.1

Go to top of page