Radio listeners 161+
Email Us!
Username: Password:

Lost password
 Remember my login 
 All forums
 Tracks, DJ mixes & release announcements
 Scott Brown - Elysium (dJ~noeko remix);320kbps DL~

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is free.

Screensize:
Username:
Password:
Format: Strike Sup Sub BigChar Align Left Align Right Pre Teletype Moving Text Insert Horizontal Rule Highlight (Yellow)
Bold Italicized Underline Centered Insert Hyperlink Insert Email Insert Image Insert Code Insert Quote Insert List Insert Smilie Spell Check Youtube embed Soundcloud embed Mixcloud embed Bandcamp embed

Message Icon:
* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON

Mode:
Check here to include your profile signature.

T O P I C     R E V I E W
dJnoeko

If this is the wrong place to be self plugging, feel free to give this the boot, I'm just really happy with this track and wanted to share it with everybody I could! It's Elysium with a bit of a Makina twist to it.

*deleted - you don't have a license to release this*
Samination **** man, this should've been on the EVOLUTION 100 part 3 instead of Comet's chiptune remix.

Not a dig at Comet, but god damnit it's an insult to both hardcore and chiptunes alike.

Anyways, enough of the hater rambling. Good work on the track,
dJnoeko Ehehe, thanks. I wish.
acidfluxxbass Awesome work man!!! Love your style!!!
Hard2Get
quote:
Originally posted by Samination:
**** man, this should've been on the EVOLUTION 100 part 3 instead of Comet's chiptune remix.

Not a dig at Comet, but god damnit it's an insult to both hardcore and chiptunes alike.

Anyways, enough of the hater rambling. Good work on the track,

That got released? Wtf lol.
v-act I think this is awesome! I love what you did with the bass line, it gives the track a whole new style.
8D "Yo dawg, we heard you like raving to Elysium so we put elysium in your Elysium and a rave in your rave so you can be in heaven while you're finding it hard to believe we're in heaven."

Dude, f'ing lol

Warnman

I really like this...
dJnoeko Thanks for all the kind words, guys. Glad you like it! =w=
SpiritWolf Great tune noeko! drunk daft played it like 3 times last night :P
silver Have you licensed this from Scott Brown? You can't take a tune of his, remix it and release it for free without a license no matter how much you changed it to your own remix.
8D
quote:
Originally posted by silver:
Have you licensed this from Scott Brown? You can't take a tune of his, remix it and release it for free without a license no matter how much you changed it to your own remix.

Would it be okay if scott's name was removed?

titled it "dj noeko - elysium"

and it is free after all
silver
quote:
Originally posted by 8D:
quote:
Have you licensed this from Scott Brown? You can't take a tune of his, remix it and release it for free without a license no matter how much you changed it to your own remix.

Would it be okay if scott's name was removed?

titled it "dj noeko - elysium"

and it is free after all

I hate to spoil the fun for this track but if artists don't know what they are doing they can get in alot of trouble from publishing companies and record labels...

Did you sample the original track? If you did you still need a license, if you recreated the entire track without sampling the original then it is a cover song and okay. You would still have to pay publishing to Scott Brown (as the song writer) but it would mean you would own the copyright to your cover version and free (to a degree) to so what you want with it as long as you credit (and pay) the writers of the song.

Regarding giving away for free
Free doesn't mean anything, does not make a different if you gave it away for free, charged 10 cents, 10 dollars or paid people to listen to it, if a copyright holder wanted they could could sue you for illegal distribution of their music as you have done this without their express permission... it would fall under the same classification as illegal downloads. Unless the author releases their music under creative commons or as public domain (just like software) you can't just do what you want with it.
cruelcore1
quote:
I hate to spoil the fun for this track but if artists don't know what they are doing they can get in alot of trouble from publishing companies and record labels...

Did you sample the original track? If you did you still need a license, if you recreated the entire track without sampling the original then it is a cover song and okay. You would still have to pay publishing to Scott Brown (as the song writer) but it would mean you would own the copyright to your cover version and free (to a degree) to so what you want with it as long as you credit (and pay) the writers of the song.

Regarding giving away for free
Free doesn't mean anything, does not make a different if you gave it away for free, charged 10 cents, 10 dollars or paid people to listen to it, if a copyright holder wanted they could could sue you for illegal distribution of their music as you have done this without their express permission... it would fall under the same classification as illegal downloads. Unless the author releases their music under creative commons or as public domain (just like software) you can't just do what you want with it.

Releasing under someone else's label without authorisation? Then it's label's fault, if they're aware its a remix.

Just giving it away? Well I know theyre much softer when it comes to remixing (re-creating) for free. You just need to watch out who you remix, but as long as its not Gaga, Guetta, Madonna and similar, and as long as u arent super-popular, theres nothing to worry.
silver
quote:
Originally posted by cruelcore1:
Releasing under someone else's label without authorisation? Then it's label's fault, if they're aware its a remix.

Just giving it away? Well I know theyre much softer when it comes to remixing (re-creating) for free. You just need to watch out who you remix, but as long as its not Gaga, Guetta, Madonna and similar, and as long as u arent super-popular, theres nothing to worry.

Free or not, gaga or not it does not matter, I'm sure if Scott saw this he would agree, infact I remember a post...

Here it is.. this is from the evolution records forum, straight from Scott Brown himself back in 2006:

Ok guys I'm being asked 10 times a week if people can remix this track or that track...

Sorry but I'm not giving samples away for tracks, I'm not looking for tracks to be remixed unless I specifically want them, and PLEASE don't just remix a track cos you feel like it. You won't earn any brownie points with me.

I think the point is, if you have the ability, write your own track and show me what you can do.

Thanks

Scott

http://xyrog.powweb.com/forum/index.php?s=d624d655c769e1611d03b25291a969a0&showtopic=6145

now.... in saying that

if you are going to do a rip or a boot of something non hardcore... there doesn't seem to be a problem (at least with the artist.... legally it is the same story as above).... don't shit where you sleep basically.
8D Sadly I know that you are correct Silver

I just wish music wasn't the way it is, or at least a little less serious
To me music is like nature, it shouldn't be copy-written or owned, should just be there for everyone to enjoy

imo things like this shouldn't be a big deal, but I guess they are and that's just the way it is

still an awesome track :P
cruelcore1
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by cruelcore1:

Free or not, gaga or not it does not matter, I'm sure if Scott saw this he would agree, infact I remember a post...

Here it is.. this is from the evolution records forum, straight from Scott Brown himself back in 2006:

Ok guys I'm being asked 10 times a week if people can remix this track or that track...

Sorry but I'm not giving samples away for tracks, I'm not looking for tracks to be remixed unless I specifically want them, and PLEASE don't just remix a track cos you feel like it. You won't earn any brownie points with me.

I think the point is, if you have the ability, write your own track and show me what you can do.

Thanks

Scott

http://xyrog.powweb.com/forum/index.php?s=d624d655c769e1611d03b25291a969a0&showtopic=6145

now.... in saying that

if you are going to do a rip or a boot of something non hardcore... there doesn't seem to be a problem (at least with the artist.... legally it is the same story as above).... don't shit where you sleep basically.

As far as I understood, Scott doesn't tolerate remixing regardless whether you're going to pay him or not, even when you do it for personal practice. In other words, there's no license. So you're right about that he should have deleted the download link. Actually, from Scott's point of view he should have deleted every trace of it even from his own PC.

But regarding the remixing it depends about the holder's point of view. Some of them will grant you authorisation for less money, some for more money, some will ignore your remix if it's free, some will not, and some will deny you all remixing rights no matter what. That's why I mentioned those commercial artists, cuz im sure their labels would kill for a few bucks regardless of their current wealth (don't take this too seriously, I dont know them personally). And as for Scott, that's his moral point of view.
Samination Scott's a twat for telling people to not remix his tracks, license or not,
when he did not have any problem sampling others (paying or not) before.
Hardcore's full of hypocrits. Copyright doesn't help innovation, it stiffles it.
noeko could've made this track for practice and wanted to share the effort.
noeko could be the next artist hardcore needed, but no, copyright followers
will sue his ass now, and we lost yet another talent.

If noeko asked for money for the track, I would understand, but a free track?
I scott brown actually let people remix a few of his (own ?) tracks then that
would've been nicer.
acidfluxxbass
quote:
Scott's a twat for telling people to not remix his tracks, license or not,
when he did not have any problem sampling others (paying or not) before.
Hardcore's full of hypocrits. Copyright doesn't help innovation, it stiffles it.

+1. Ive said it so many times before. Recorded and downloadable mixes? Filesharing. Sampling? Stealing. Using tracks without asking for them? Wrong apparently.

I'm ****ing sick of people in the scene picking and choosing what laws to abide by and what rules to ****ing ignore. It all blew up at me with Zonkers and now this shit basket money pit they call hardcore is ****ing noeko over.

She remixed the track and released it for free. What matkes Scott Brown so different from anyone else that he can stop anyone from doing it? The guys a ****ing moron, when half of all his tracks are Stolen from somewhere or use samples from movies, then says Stop Sampling/Remixing and even sets up a site to appeal against it.

Noeko, dont take it down. Ive sampled him before to no consequence, and even if he tried to get me to remove it, I wont roll over as easy as I did last summer.

End of Rant. This is why I release for free. Everybody in this money pit of a scene tries to dig their nails into every penny going.
JayHH86
quote:
Originally posted by acidfluxxbass:
She

Welcome to the forums dJnoeko!! :-)
djDMS
quote:
Originally posted by JayHH86:
quote:
Originally posted by acidfluxxbass:
She

Welcome to the forums dJnoeko!! :-)

Hahaha! I've been waiting for that!
Samination acid: you're still on about him stealing samples? so far I havent seen evidence of either clearing or stealing from him or other people, but I presume since he got in touch with AATW most of his tracks are cleared
cruelcore1 Well hypocriticism is real shit in general. It should be avoided as much as possible.
If some of his samples are recognized as ones with samples from movies and stuff, then its hypocritical to shit on remixes. Even more on sampling cuz taking samples from movies itself is sampling. I don't see anything immoral in remixing. You re-make the track on your own way which is nearly as hard as making an original track, credit the original artist in Artist section, and write your remixing info in brackets in Title (Artist vs Brackets) In other words, you admit it's not your track and some people even think you're irrelevant. And to make it legal u pay to the label. Isnt all that enough?
For him it's not, and we can't do shit here cuz he OWNS the tracks.

quote:

Scott will hate it even if it's for practice... Anyway, even if he tried to do that. He explained on the link that Silver gave us.

Thank God I found this before thinking about remixing some of his tracks.
cruelcore1 Oh, guys, when we're talking about immorality of remixes, check out this interesting thing I remembered:

Weaver & Andy L Feat. Fran - Cannonball (Scott Brown Remix)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tKg_Fgmb5Rs
Vitalism
quote:

please tell me what that 10" white record was from a few years ago now, "back and forth" as i remember was a blatant remix of Alexia - Me and You with no reference to the original artist or track title.

what's that about...

when it's someone else's turn to remix one of scotty's tunes (or collabs, as it were) it is suddenly illegal?
cruelcore1
quote:
Originally posted by Vitalism:
illegal

Sorry for being a bit of a smartass, but it's more like "immoral" to him than "illegal". Actually, he doesn't care about legality and illegality at all. If he did, he'd grant authorisations for money. But he doesn't.

It took 1.84 ninja's to process this page!

HappyHardcore.com

1999 - 2024 HappyHardcore.com
audio: PRS for music. Build: 3.1.73.1

Go to top of page