Radio listeners 177+
Email Us!
Username: Password:

Lost password
 Remember my login 
 All forums
 Events: UK & Ireland
 Stomp! "Move Your Ass!"

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is free.

Screensize:
Username:
Password:
Format: Strike Sup Sub BigChar Align Left Align Right Pre Teletype Moving Text Insert Horizontal Rule Highlight (Yellow)
Bold Italicized Underline Centered Insert Hyperlink Insert Email Insert Image Insert Code Insert Quote Insert List Insert Smilie Spell Check Youtube embed Soundcloud embed Mixcloud embed Bandcamp embed

Message Icon:
* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON

Mode:
Check here to include your profile signature.

T O P I C     R E V I E W
Darts Event name: Stomp! "Move Your Ass!"
Starts: November 8th, 2013
City/Region: England

Thanks to everyone who came along to our Summer Spec-tash-ular event and made it our best yet! You guys were awesome and created a proper rave atmosphere to be proud of! Now, it's time to "put a donk-ey on it" as we bring you another round of hoofin' Hardcore shenanigans, Stomp style!!

This is a charity event for our friends at the Donkey Sanctuary Leeds to help them in their work caring for mistreated donkeys - a *proper* worthwhile cause for an organisation that will *really* appreciate our help!

We've pulled out all the stops to bring you another fantastic lineup including some of the very best DJ's & MC's in the scene alongside the very brightest rising stars - covering a wide range of different styles and eras as only we can!

*** SCOTT BROWN *** - (Evolution Records, Bonkers, Hardcore Heaven, Hardcore Underground!)

We always do our best to keep our promises so now we're bringing you a whole hour of the legendary Mr Brown! One of the most influential artists in the scene today, Scott has produced more epic anthems and smashed the pants off more massive raves than you've had hot dinners so best get ready to
stomp some craters into that dancefloor!

*** KEYES & X-TREME *** - (Go Tell Yo Momma, Ravers Reunited, The Only Way Is Hardcore)

We're buzzing to welcome Keyes & X-Treme onboard to make their Stomp! debut! These lads have taken Hardcore by storm in recent times and rightfully earned their place as one of the most popular Hardcore double acts in the scene today. Get ready for an hour of upfront, crowd pleasing UK Hardcore
action - mixed and hyped by 2 of the best in the bizniz!

*** A.B. b2b ANDY FREESTYLE *** - (Stamina Records, Uprising Digital) - Early 00's Hardcore & Freeform!

Let's travel back in time to an era when a Hardcore and Freeform revolution took place, shaping the scene we know and love today! We've secured this exclusive, first time pair-up of 2 of the brightest stars on the underground - Stamina Records' very own A.B. and Uprising's Andy Freestyle! One hour
of classic anthems and a serious sensory pounding coming riiight up!!

*** MR RIPLEY b2b CRUZE *** - (Trackmaster Music, Stomp!)

It's been an amazing year for Trackmaster Music - with some fantastic releases including the huge success of their "Full Frequency 2" double CD album! Now, Darts debuts his "Mr Ripley" guise to bring you an hour of upfront, uplifting, bouncy, ravey Hardcore alongside TMM's international Baldcore
Grand Master himself - DJ Cruze!

*** DMS b2b TRIQUATRA *** (Stomp!, HappyHardcore.com) - 100% vinyl Oldskool Happy Hardcore set!

Continuing our mission to push the very best northern talent around, we're excited to welcome back DMS to our decks, along with debutant Triquatra, for an hour of classic Happy Hardcore mixed 100% on vinyl! It's time to don your white gloves, get those whistles and horns ready and rave it up
Oldskool stylee!

*** SIM-E b2b YORKSHIRE RIPPER *** (Scarred Digital, Executive Records) - 3 decks anything goes shenanigans!

2 big talents making their first appearances on our stage here! Sim-E has been handing us some wicked demos across a range of styles over the last few months, while Yorkshire Ripper has been making a name for himself with some awesome productions on labels such as Scarred Digital and Executive
Records! Keep your eyes and ears peeled for these 2 in future!

*** CLAXTON *** (Stomp!, HappyHardcore.com)

After really impressing us with some awesome demo CD's and well & truly taking the roof off our epic Christmas event last year, Claxton has upped his game this year and deservedly joins us to smash the granny out of the Eiger Studios once again with some heeyowge anthems and underground slammers!

Hosted by MC's:

KEYES (GTYM & Ravers Reunited's gaffer!)
FRIKSHON (the award winning!)
SCOTTY G (welcome back, Scotty! We missed you!)
SMOKIN' (Trackmaster Music & Stomp! favourite!)
MRC & XTC (Hektik Beats boys back from retirement!)
REDZ (from dancefloor to stage, another crowd favourite!)

THEME - as always there is a theme and this time it's "Ears & Tails" - we'll leave the rest up to you!

THE MONG ZONE - normal raves have a chillout room - we have The Mong Zone! A fully furnished quiet room with games, books and fun activities for when you're all raved out and need to catch up on some monging!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Friday 8th November 2013 @ Eiger Music Studios, New Craven Gate Industrial Estate, LEEDS, LS11 5NF.

Adv. tix (available soon online) @ ?7.99 *** ?10 otd. (ROAR)

http://www.stomp-events.com
http://www.facebook.com/stompleeds
http://soundcloud.com/stomp-leeds
silver Congrats on DMS and TRIQUATRA for playing the event, who is CLAXTON and why is he from happyhardcore.com?
Samination
quote:
Originally posted by silver:
Congrats on DMS and TRIQUATRA for playing the event, who is CLAXTON and why is he from happyhardcore.com?

He's been posting here for a few years now
_Jay_ Fcuking powerful line-up. Made up for the lads to be playing along-side The Legend. And Dave's an absolute hero for booking them, and for making this a properly interesting line-up.

Well excited. Massive respect to Jacket for coming over for this!

Gonna make a main-forum topic - get people WELL interested.
djDMS
quote:
Originally posted by Samination:
quote:
Congrats on DMS and TRIQUATRA for playing the event, who is CLAXTON and why is he from happyhardcore.com?

He's been posting here for a few years now

And he also happens to be a shit-hot DJ.

Thanks Silver, we'll continue to spread the HH.com word ;-)
Elipton
quote:

You need to visit here more ;)
silver You're not from happyhardcore.com because you have an account here :) It's like saying your from Ford motor company because you have driven one for a few years :)

I appreciate the promotion and the plugging you guys are doing and I'm not trying to be a prick here but unless you are a mod, admin, radio DJ like Cotts / Bluecore, help pay the bills to run the servers, or have permission from me you can't really say your affiliated to HappyHardcore.com :)

With that said, if you want to be a mod or DJ or help out more please drop me line :)
Darts Hi Silver - totally appreciate what you're saying there - the guys who I associated with hhc.com on the lineup are people that are known for posting mixes on these forums and so I thought readers would make be able to make the connection.

Rave and clubbing forums have taken a serious caning since Facebook & Twitter became so huge, with so many of them dying a total death, so it's with the best of intentions & because I care about the scene that I'm trying to give hhc.com more exposure. We need a popular, buzzing, independent forum where people can talk about stuff, make their feelings known and educate people about new music, events, etc...

That said though, I do understand your point re. affiliation so I'll respect your wishes and omit the hhc.com thing from the final flyer artwork

Thanks everyone who's given us great feedback on this event so far - so buzzing to have got such a varied lineup and you just know the night is gonna be jam packed with awesome tuneage from start to finish great to get lots of new talent on there too (even those who aren't quite so "new" )
djDMS You just called me old! :-P
Samination
quote:
Originally posted by djDMS:
You just called me old! :-P

you arent? :O
Claxton Cannot wait for this!! The last event was off the scale and Stomp! continues to grow.

Quality, quality line-up. We are guaranteed a hugely diverse night of hardcore. DMS & Trickyrata is going to be a quality set. Not a clue what to expect, I just know it's going to be good.
Darts Yeah I'm really looking forward to hearing what treasures DFS & Tuatquntra dig out for us, too!
_Jay_ All vinyl Happy Hardcore. FIT. I've always liked it, but Bust An Old Jam boosted my appreciation for the mid-to-late '90s stuff massively!

quote:
It's like saying your from Ford motor company because you have driven one for a few years :)

Terrible analogy.

djDMS
quote:
Originally posted by Darts:
Tuatquntra

Quite possibly the best thing I've ever seen!
Samination if I knew how to use proper DJ equiptment, I would've knocked down DMS or Triq and steal their show :P
silver Dart: Nah all good love the support, feel free to put our logo on the flyer (email me to get a vector version).

quote:
Originally posted by _Jay_:
Terrible analogy.

Ok :)

DJ Silver (gmail / facebook / soundcloud) ?

Just cause I use them :)
_Jay_
quote:
quote:
Terrible analogy.

Ok :)

DJ Silver (gmail / facebook / soundcloud) ?

Just cause I use them :)

This site isn't - well, certainly shouldn't be looked at as - simply a service, (unlike the sites that you have listed, which are services). This is a community of people, and everyone - like Claxton - contributes to the site by posting.

I agree completely that terming it as 'affiliated' is a step too far, though. I just wanted to say something that was a little bit shitty, because I felt - although you were within your rights - what you said and the way you said it was a bit fcuking flippant and rude. Especially to someone like Dave, who a) is a fcuking lovely bloke, b) pushes this site as an alternative to facebook/Twitter etc. when he really doesn't have to and c) genuinely cares about the scene and works very hard to do good things within it and for it.
Hard2Get
quote:
I would've knocked one out while DMS or Triq do their their show :P

Pervert!
Elipton I think I'm going to need a pOt that can go toward this :D
_Jay_
quote:
Originally posted by Elipton:
I think I'm going to need a put that can go toward this :D

A what?!
Hard2Get
quote:
quote:
I think I'm going to need a put that can go toward this :D

A what?!

I had assumed he'd missed a word or two out.
Elipton I don't even know. I just needed any old post to replace the one I initially had.

Why would anyone want to be affiliated with this place anyways? Terrible reputation and its ancient. It's be like getting affiliated with the Hun dynasty
Samination
quote:
I don't even know. I just needed any old post to replace the one I initially had.

Why would anyone want to be affiliated with this place anyways? Terrible reputation and its ancient. It's be like getting affiliated with the Hun dynasty

The only terrible reputation we have is among Gammer's 2372774 different personalities. No one else thinks we are that bad.

DEFINITLY NOT PEOPLE WHO HAVE MET US IN PERSON
Hard2Get It doesn't have a bad reputation. You are assuming people care more than they do. They really couldn't give a shit generally.

Edit: probably best not to go further off-topic on Dave's thread lol.
djDMS
quote:
Originally posted by Hard2Get:
Edit: probably best not to go further off-topic on Dave's thread

Yes. Instead you should all bask in my glory
Hard2Get
quote:
quote:

Yes. Instead you should all bask in my semen

Oh my.
Samination
quote:
quote:
quote:

Yes. Instead you should all bask in my semen

Oh I will.

His morning Glory
_Jay_ You lot make me sick.
silver
quote:
This site isn't - well, certainly shouldn't be looked at as - simply a service, (unlike the sites that you have listed, which are services). This is a community of people, and everyone - like Claxton - contributes to the site by posting.

I agree completely that terming it as 'affiliated' is a step too far, though. I just wanted to say something that was a little bit shitty, because I felt - although you were within your rights - what you said and the way you said it was a bit fcuking flippant and rude. Especially to someone like Dave, who a) is a fcuking lovely bloke, b) pushes this site as an alternative to facebook/Twitter etc. when he really doesn't have to and c) genuinely cares about the scene and works very hard to do good things within it and for it.

Ok before you start reading my text don't assume I am angry... I am happy in fact... here is happy turtle :)

Now we have established the mood of my posts here, I kind of knew this was going to happen when I tried to say what I said, I used as many smilie faces as I could, I was not trying to be rude and I even wrote (I'm not trying to sound like a prick)... unforcantly text / email etc can be read any way so I'm sometimes hard to sound like you are asking a question rather than yelling it out.
latininxtc
quote:

I'm not trying to be a prick here

well, that was most certainly pointless to post ;)

But I understand what you mean.

oh well. hope whoever goes has a great time!
Phobz happy turtle :)
_Jay_
quote:
Ok before you start reading my text don't assume I am angry... I am happy in fact... here is happy turtle :)

Now we have established the mood of my posts here, I kind of knew this was going to happen when I tried to say what I said, I used as many smilie faces as I could, I was not trying to be rude and I even wrote (I'm not trying to sound like a prick)... unforcantly text / email etc can be read any way so I'm sometimes hard to sound like you are asking a question rather than yelling it out.

Ha! You don't need need to give me the smiley face treatment, I don't think you're being argumentative or anything - and as you've probably realised over the last few years; I'm not especially argumentative or confrontational either. (smiley face)

Fair doo's, though. Sounds like you didn't mean to sound quite as evil as you did! Ha. There are better ways to be nice than saying "not to sound like a prick", though! You could actually be nice. Bit of diplomatic language etc.

(smiley face)

djDMS I like turtles
Samination don't ruin the turtle man :(
djDMS
quote:
don't ruin the turtle man :(

You saw how it looked at me...
DJ Cruze Can't wait for this one :) always a wkd crowd and diverse line-up! see you there :)
_Jay_ Train tickets booked! MegaPumped!
Triquatra hotel booked! bringing the whole family along to this one ;)
Claxton
quote:
Originally posted by Triquatra:
hotel booked! bringing the whole family along to this one ;)

Can't wait to meet Oliver...
_Jay_
quote:
Originally posted by Claxton:
quote:
hotel booked! bringing the whole family along to this one ;)

Can't wait to meet Oliver...

Seconded!!!
Warnman I've had the shock of my life today when I found out that I am not allowed to go on holidays during this time , but thankfully I just noticed that I had the wrong date in my devestatet bloody brain. 50% / 50%!
djDMS Music to my ears!
Hard2Get
quote:
Originally posted by Warnman:
I've had the shock of my life today when I found out that I am not allowed to go on holidays during this time , but thankfully I just noticed that I had the wrong date in my devestatet bloody brain. 50% / 50%!

What a tease.
djDMS Myself and Rowan have already started discussing how we're going to do things, and i have to say I'm proper excited about the sheer quality of the tuneage we're going to be bringing everybody.
Warnman
quote:
quote:
I've had the shock of my life today when I found out that I am not allowed to go on holidays during this time , but thankfully I just noticed that I had the wrong date in my devestatet bloody brain. 50% / 50%!

What a tease.

Even the sun itself is unable to compete to my face right now... What a feeling!!!
_Jay_

Gonna be a LEGENDARY night.
Samination I got scared this morning that I had to re-bock my flight home, until I noticed it was just moved 10 minutes earlier o.O
Hard2Get
quote:
I got scared this morning that I had to re-bock my flight home, until I noticed it was just moved 10 minutes earlier o.O

Ahhh that's fine. You don't need to go home. Just as long as you make it to the rave.
Darts Great to see so many of you guys coming along to this event, it's a real buzz to be getting you all together and just makes us even more determined to put on a good show for you
djDMS Proof of how far the Stomp! word is spreading. Also, testament to how great a job Darts and the crew are doing.
Warnman Now you only have to work hard enough to attract someone from Asia or North America.

Samination
quote:
Now you only have to work hard enough to attract someone from Asia or North America.

North America? latininxtc comes to mind
Triquatra BrianK, cause he wants to hear wham bam too! :D
Hard2Get
quote:
BrianK, cause he wants to hear wham bam too! :D

No one wants to hear that!
Warnman
quote:
North America? latininxtc comes to mind

Meh, he's not able to handle the PLUR-feeling at American raves; how should he even react to our celebrated Jayness.
Triquatra
quote:
quote:
BrianK, cause he wants to hear wham bam too! :D

No one wants to hear that!

:D
Darts Had an immense amount of stuff going on at this end lately so this is a bit late coming (gotta big up our designer Michelle for doing this at last minute when she had full on man-flu and a Kutski album to distribute!) - but here's the flyer for the event!

Samination Bring an ID? ****, now I cant get in :(
Hard2Get
quote:
Bring an ID? ****, now I cant get in :(

You'll be alreet. In all the years I've been raving I've never had ID lol.
Samination
quote:
quote:

You'll be alreet. In all the years I've been raving I've never had ID lol.

I brought my swedish ID (no english information on it) with me, because I woudnt wanna walk around with my passport if it got stolen
djDMS
quote:

1. You don't look 12.
2. Dave will be by the entrance.
3. Don't need a 3 cos 1&2 are so good.
Samination
quote:
quote:

1. You don't look 12.
2. Dave will be by the entrance.
3. Don't need a 3 cos 1&2 are so good.

you're no good for me, I dont need nobody
Darts
quote:
you're no good for me, I dont need nobody

I was about to correct you and suggest that you would need a body to attend the event (it's our policy to refuse access to spirit entities on account of them not being able to pay. However, we are powerless to prevent them from entering the premises.)

Then I realised you'd typed a double-negative, so never mind
_Jay_
Getting close! Proper excited.
Hard2Get
quote:
[quote]Originally posted by Samination:

I don't think that was his intention. I actually have no idea what he meant.
djDMS
quote:
quote:
[quote]Originally posted by Samination:

I don't think that was his intention. I actually have no idea what he meant.

Me either. Has no relation to my post whatsoever!
_Jay_
Literally no point trying to work out what Jacket says 90% of the time.

Samination Oi! I represent that remark!
Claxton OHHH MYYY!!!! 4 weeks today!!!!

SHAGGGGINNNNNNNN!!!!!
Hard2Get
quote:
Oi! I represent that remark!

quote:
Literally no point trying to work out what Jacket says 90% of the time.

Good call.
Claxton Promo mix from myself :)

djDMS And what a fantastic mix it is!

I've confirmed the extended time off work so i'm well up for a couple of days of downright wrongness!
Hard2Get
quote:
Originally posted by Claxton:
Promo mix from myself :)

Good mix (that's saying a lot coming from me by the way). Absolutely brilliant start to the mix. That's mostly what made me listen to it all. There needs to be far more Hardcore like that.
kathryn
quote:
Myself and Rowan have already started discussing how we're going to do things, and i have to say I'm proper excited about the sheer quality of the tuneage we're going to be bringing everybody.

Myself and Rowan have already started discussing how we're going to do things.

nah just kiddin hope the night goes well for you all
Triquatra Both you and Stu should come along!!
kathryn
quote:
Both you and Stu should come along!!

would love to but no one to have the kid's
Triquatra I know the feeling, Kath! Dana is actually having to stay back at the hotel looking after the kids whilst I go!
djDMS Harsh!
Hard2Get
quote:
I know the feeling, Kath! Dana is actually having to stay back at the hotel looking after the kids whilst I go!

I'm sure she'd prefer that than one of these all night 'rave parties' anyway. They certainly aren't for everyone!
latininxtc
quote:
I know the feeling, Kath! Dana is actually having to stay back at the hotel looking after the kids whilst I go!

OR she could go to the rave anyways with the kids and end up on dailymail's front page news

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2273707/Mother-41-takes-month-old-baby-drum-bass-rave-Wales.html
djDMS The boys would be more mature than a lot of the 'grown ups' who'll be attending!
Warnman
quote:
The boys would be more mature than a lot of the 'grown ups' who'll be attending!

Darts 3 sleeps!

Almost 2 sleeps!
_Jay_

TOMORROW.

Samination
quote:

TOMORROW.

LIAR, ITS TODAY
Hard2Get
quote:
quote:

TOMORROW.

LIAR, ITS TODAY

:o:o:o
djDMS BIG night in prospect!
djDMS Shit just got powerful!
Hard2Get Shit was powerful. Powerful gathering of some seriously good looking forum people.
Samination But not as handsome as you. Sorry Jay
Hard2Get Controversial!
Darts Thank you to everyone who came along and made this our best Stomp yet - such a good atmosphere amongst the crowd and fantastic music from start to finish - loved it!
Underloop
quote:
Shit was powerful. Powerful gathering of some seriously good looking forum people.

Don't forget me!

There's a reason I hide behind cameras!
Samination
quote:
Originally posted by Underloop:
quote:
Shit was powerful. Powerful gathering of some seriously good looking forum people.

Don't forget me!

So that Hard2Get can get all the limelights? We only need one Matt infront of the camera :P
Hard2Get
quote:
Originally posted by Underloop:
quote:

Don't forget me!

You were included. Duhhh.
Underloop Awww shucks!
_Jay_

What a truly, truly, truly perfect night from start to finish. This is how raving should be. Close friends, new random friends, massive beats, massive vibes, lots of people high on life and at their absolute happiest.

I cannot and will not ever find a better way to spend time. It's just the most fcuking life-affirming experience anyone can ever have.

Best Stomp! ever. Scott Brown is a magical individual and when he plays it's truly something else.

I'm absolutely buzzing from it all, still - a full week on!

Warnman I don't know what the f**k you're talking about!

_Jay_

Love that photo man! :-)

djDMS If there's a better night attended by a better bunch of people anywhere i want to go to it NOW!
Warnman
quote:

Love that photo man! :-)

Yeah, I know! Me too! Too bad that most of the pictures with all the crew got lost in the smoke.

It took 5.3 ninja's to process this page!

HappyHardcore.com

1999 - 2024 HappyHardcore.com
audio: PRS for music. Build: 3.1.73.1

Go to top of page