Radio listeners 185+
Email Us!
Username: Password:

Lost password
 Remember my login 
 All forums
 Music discussion - hardcore
 PPF 2014 *ALBUM TRACK PREVIEWS NOW UP!*

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is free.

Screensize:
Username:
Password:
Format: Strike Sup Sub BigChar Align Left Align Right Pre Teletype Moving Text Insert Horizontal Rule Highlight (Yellow)
Bold Italicized Underline Centered Insert Hyperlink Insert Email Insert Image Insert Code Insert Quote Insert List Insert Smilie Spell Check Youtube embed Soundcloud embed Mixcloud embed Bandcamp embed

Message Icon:
* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON

Mode:
Check here to include your profile signature.

T O P I C     R E V I E W
Ken Masters *NEWS/UPDATES*:

*OUT NOW! DOWNLOAD HERE:*

http://www.happyhardcore.com/forums/topic.asp?topic_id=65679

- Can I just say a huge thankyou to everyone that has taken time to get involved & support this years project. The response has been immense & this is shaping up to be by far the best edition of the series so far.

Over the next couple of weeks myself, Kaylene (Sc@r) & Greg will get through all the submissions received & from there decide which tracks will feature. Please don't be too disheartened if your track doesn't make the album, I plan more similar projects to this one throughout the year to coincide with the launch of my new label which again, will be dedicated to helping up & coming producers so I hope to hear more from you all over the coming months.

I'm not going to set an exact release date as such just yet but if all goes to plan we'll be looking at a late march/early April release. I'll start a new previews thread asap which will include the album artwork, samples of tracks & all other info surrounding the project but for now...its finally time to start building what's set to be a great album :)

- If mastering isn't your strong point then don't worry, Jon Doe of CLSM will be taking care of mastering any tracks that you guys need help with. I'm sure most of you are ok with mixing down & preparing tracks for mastering but if you need help with this then please let me know when you submit your music & i'll get you set up.

As requested below, please submit tracks in full WAV quality ensuring that your master bus is completely free of compression & making sure to leave a bit of room on the master level.

- 1 Track from the album will be released on Sc@r's label 'Scarred Digital' as chosen by her.

- That man Greg Peaks will also be joining myself & Sc@r on this years showcase mixes.

- Album artwork & general design concept is now well underway.

- It's official! Sc@r will now be involved in the album showcase mixes :)

PROJECT INFO:

It's that time once again! time to start building the next instalment in the HHC.com members album series 'The Past. The Present. The Future' :) Here's a quick incite for anyone who may have missed last years album or are still unsure exactly what's involved in the project.

PPF is a completely free digital album series which brings the members together to create something personal & unique, paying respects to our past, pushing the sounds of the present & offering a taste of the future. The main aim of this project is to give up & coming producers a chance to show what they've got to offer & by doing so, feature alongside more established names in the scene. A lot of producers out there can get disheartened by constant knockbacks & may never go on to realise/showcase their full potential. I want to use this project (& others) to address this.

I also plan to launch a label called 'Future State' that like the name suggests, will continue to nurture new talent beyond the PPF project. This will include more albums/mixes, individual releases & eventually events all focused on providing a platform for new talent to build on but i'll go into this in greater detail once the albums released.

The success of last years album was immense with it now having reached over 2500 downloads & with the plans I have in place for this years album i'm certain we'll reach a whole new level. It really is a worthwhile project to get involved in & I hope to see some of the original artists again as well as some new faces.

I don't want to give too much away just yet however I have some fresh & inventive ideas for the album & this year it will include guest DJ's appearing on the showcase mixes which will feature alongside the tracks in Unmixed form, in depth interviews with a selection of the artists involved, a complete overhaul of artwork & designs (yes this was lacking last year & will be put right) & the launch of a PPF website to coincide with the album launch.

How to get involved:

- Send all track submissions to [email protected] in full WAV quality (If you have the abilities to master your own tracks then feel free but if you feel you'll need help with this let me know & we'll look to work something out) feel free to submit as many tracks as you like.

- Submissions deadline: 1st February 2014

- Please try to keep all submissions as private as possible until the album is released, if a track appears for free download before the album launch it may be a deciding factor on whether it features on the album or not (we want the album to be as fresh as possible!).

- Genre's: Hardcore (all sub genres)

- Predicted Album Layout: 2 CD's (1 B2B2B Showcase Mix mixed by myself, Sc@r & Greg Peaks. & 1 Unmixed) Obviously it's impossible to determine exactly how many tracks/mixes will feature until we reach the submission stage deadline & by then I will have a better idea.

NOTE - Please keep all submissions original, remixes are allowed but full permission must be given from the original producer if they don't use these forums.

On the 1st February 2014 I will start a new thread showcasing some of the chosen tracks, the artwork & a finalized description of album size (number of Mixed/Unmixed tracks) but for now let's just concentrate on gathering some quality & inventive music over the coming months & see where we stand at the start of next year. Even if you don't produce & would like to get involved in the project in some way & help out, or you may have some ideas to put forward in this preparation stage, be sure to get in contact with me.

Thanks to everyone who continues to support the project, without you guys it wouldn't exist..

- 'PPF 2013' Previous Album: http://www.happyhardcore.com/forums/topic.asp?topic_id=60229
Ken Masters Please take a second to push this on your social pages aswell & let members who might not frequent the site daily know about the project :)
djchexmixer Ah very cool, was waiting for this!
Ken Masters
quote:
Originally posted by djchexmixer:
Ah very cool, was waiting for this!

Thanks for getting involved man, looking forward to hearing your stuff :)
Elipton I'll be sending you something. I'm sorry I can't help more mate. Uni frustrates me a lot that way :(
Ken Masters
quote:
Originally posted by Elipton:
I'll be sending you something. I'm sorry I can't help more mate. Uni frustrates me a lot that way :(

Don't worry man, its all good, always good to get something of yours on there :)
AceofSpades_Lorenzo Doubt,ill be able to submit anything, prolly not getting a new setup until mid february or march
SmashingTheSirens I'm currently working on a track or two, might have to fire one of them off to you. Can you submit more than one track?
Ken Masters
quote:
Originally posted by SmashingTheSirens:
I'm currently working on a track or two, might have to fire one of them off to you. Can you submit more than one track?

You can submit as many tracks as you like my friend, sorry if that wasn't clear. Look forward to hearing them :)
_Jay_
2013 had some seriously good tracks on it. Expecting a good standard of material next year. :-)

Ken Masters
quote:
Originally posted by AceofSpades_Lorenzo:
Doubt,ill be able to submit anything, prolly not getting a new setup until mid february or march

That's a shame man, hopefully you can get something sorted before deadline.
Ken Masters
quote:
Originally posted by _Jay_:

2013 had some seriously good tracks on it. Expecting a good standard of material next year. :-)

I'm sure you wont be disappointed Jay :) if you wanna help out with the project in anyway let me know mate, be good to have you onboard.
_Jay_
quote:
Originally posted by Ken Masters:
quote:

I'm sure you wont be disappointed Jay :) if you wanna help out with the project in anyway let me know mate, be good to have you onboard.

What have you got in mind matey? I'm back working full time now, and between keeping Highlights ticking over and having the odd beer - I don't have much time to play with. Happy to help out if I can, though. :-)

Ken Masters
quote:
quote:
quote:

What have you got in mind matey? I'm back working full time now, and between keeping Highlights ticking over and having the odd beer - I don't have much time to play with. Happy to help out if I can, though. :-)

The odd beer? Dont think you can hide your problem from us ;)

..just a little help with promotion if you could man, especially closer to the time of release, possibly help out with the artists interviews, whatever you get time for, absolutely no rush anyway, would be a shame to leave your good self out just because you don't produce.

Its all about pulling the members together (& I don't mean that sexually).
_Jay_
Ha ha ha!!

But yeah, no worries at all mate. I can definitely do that. I'll try knock up a post over the course of the week and get it on my blog! :-)

Ken Masters
quote:

Ha ha ha!!

But yeah, no worries at all mate. I can definitely do that. I'll try knock up a post over the course of the week and get it on my blog! :-)

legend, thanks for the help :)
Audio Warfare Nice one, will definitely be getting involved. 8)
_Jay_
quote:
Originally posted by Audio Warfare:
Nice one, will definitely be getting involved. 8)

How's your own Hardcore/Hard Trance album coming along mate?

Audio Warfare
quote:
quote:

It got ditched unfortunately as me and the mrs purchased a house with a lot of work that needed doing so I simply don?t have the time to work on something that scale. Most of the music still exists though so I?ll put it out in some form! Maybe I?ll do something a while down the road when I have the time and resources. :)
Ken Masters
quote:

Thanks for the support again man, appreciated :)
Ken Masters
quote:
quote:
quote:

It got ditched unfortunately as me and the mrs purchased a house with a lot of work that needed doing so I simply don?t have the time to work on something that scale. Most of the music still exists though so I?ll put it out in some form! Maybe I?ll do something a while down the road when I have the time and resources. :)

Be good to hear some of that eventually mate, if you ever do get that house finished ;)

funnily enough I started my first attempt at a hard trance track yesterday after being badgered by the Mrs to try for a while, getting some decent ideas down so far, its a fun genre to produce.
Captain Triceps
quote:
funnily enough I started my first attempt at a hard trance track yesterday after being badgered by the Mrs to try for a while

I wish my Mrs would badger me to make music!
Warnman
quote:
Originally posted by Captain Triceps:

If the postman is upstairs as well, she might will suggest this!

_______

Captain Triceps
quote:
Originally posted by Warnman:
quote:
Originally posted by Captain Triceps:

If the postman is upstairs as well, she might will suggest this!

_______

She's 6 months pregnant, the postman can try his best!

wong pregnant women like it more
Captain Triceps
quote:
Originally posted by wong:
pregnant women like it more

She doesn't. And thank fuck, she's not pestering me every two minutes for a shag when it the middle of the bastard night!

Anyway, let's move this back on topic now!!
Ken Masters Filth! Absolute filth! You should all be ashamed : P
Ionosphere PPF 2014....
Ken Masters
quote:
Originally posted by Ionosphere:
PPF 2014....

What time d'ya call this? ;)
Audio Warfare
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

Be good to hear some of that eventually mate, if you ever do get that house finished ;)

funnily enough I started my first attempt at a hard trance track yesterday after being badgered by the Mrs to try for a while, getting some decent ideas down so far, its a fun genre to produce.

Haha, will get there eventually. Just need another few grand and a lot more time. ;)

Yeah, I find it great fun. Nice change of pace from Hardcore and you can do more tweaks and FX, things that you don't have time to appreciate at faster speeds. Love to hear what you've come up with!

Ken Masters
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

Yeah, I find it great fun. Nice change of pace from Hardcore and you can do more tweaks and FX, things that you don't have time to appreciate at faster speeds. Love to hear what you've come up with!

That's exactly it, you get that little bit more breathing space between the beats.

Will give it a bit of time today aswell as starting something fresh for the album :)
Ken Masters Feel free to arrange collabs between yourselves also, be good to see some of you guys pairing up.

On the subject, have we got any ableton users in the building? Anyone fancy putting some ideas together? PM me.
maddkid53 Ahhh definitely going to try to get something on this.

And ChexMixer and myself are supposed to start working on a track together soon, assuming we finish it in the next two months we'll probably submit it to this along with whatever else we come up with.

Cant wait
Ken Masters
quote:
Originally posted by maddkid53:
Ahhh definitely going to try to get something on this.

And ChexMixer and myself are supposed to start working on a track together soon, assuming we finish it in the next two months we'll probably submit it to this along with whatever else we come up with.

Cant wait

Nice one, thanks for getting involved. Look forward to hearing what you guys come up with :)
Ken Masters Just received news that a certain well known Female DJ will be getting involved in the showcase mixes this year, trust me you want to get involved in this.

All will soon be revealed...
Ken Masters The main aim of this project is to give up & coming producers a chance to show what they've got to offer & by doing so be promoted alongside more established names in the scene. A lot of people out there can get disheartened by constant knockbacks & may never go on to realise/showcase their full potential. I want to use this project (& others) to address this.

I also plan to launch a label called 'Future State' that like the name suggests, will continue to nurture new talent beyond the PPF project. This will include more albums/mixes, individual releases & eventually events all focused on providing a platform for new talent to build on.
djDMS
quote:
Just received news that a certain well known Female DJ will be getting involved in the showcase mixes this year, trust me you want to get involved in this.

Lady Jay?
Ken Masters
quote:
Originally posted by djDMS:
quote:
Just received news that a certain well known Female DJ will be getting involved in the showcase mixes this year, trust me you want to get involved in this.

Lady Jay?

haha!! If he ever becomes a DJ he has to use this name.
Ken Masters How's everyone getting on then?

Received a fair few submissions already, keep em coming :)
Ken Masters The queen of Hardcore herself DJ Sc@r will now be involved in the album showcase mixes :)
SmashingTheSirens I'm currently working on a couple of tracks that I hope to submit. Ones done, just fiddling about with levels etc and the other is just a riff and a bassline, hopefully do a bit of work on that one soon :-)
Sc@r Looking forward to hearing the submissions :) also might release my fav on Scarred Digital as the label is all about pushing new names etc! Happy to be involved! Thanks Ken for the invite :)
Dys7 Almost finished with mine! :)
versia If anyone else uses Reason, hit me up if you wanna colab :)
Ken Masters
quote:
Originally posted by Sc@r:
Looking forward to hearing the submissions :) also might release my fav on Scarred Digital as the label is all about pushing new names etc! Happy to be involved! Thanks Ken for the invite :)

No problem, thanks for getting involved :) and releases on SD, if that isn't incentive to get down to some serious production over the next 6 weeks I don't know what is!

Keep the tracks coming you lot..
djchexmixer Really big news on this project! Very exciting.

Working my butt off to get something worthy of submission before the deadline.
Ken Masters
quote:
Originally posted by Dys7:
Almost finished with mine! :)

Excellent, can't wait to hear it :)
Ken Masters
quote:
Really big news on this project! Very exciting.

That's what we like to hear, the project gives everyone something to aim towards. Look forward to hearing your ideas :)

Sc@r
quote:
Really big news on this project! Very exciting.

Can't wait to hear it
Ken Masters Some great stuff being sent from you guys so far!

Keep em coming..
_Jay_

I have to read every page of every topic to police these slanderous comments!

So disrespectful.

quote:
Lady Jay?

quote:

Ken Masters Album artwork & general design concept is now well underway :)
Sc@r Wicked :) can't wait to see it
Ken Masters
quote:

I have to read every page of every topic to police these slanderous comments!

So disrespectful.

quote:
Lady Jay?

quote:

Sorry Jay but when I picture you policing anything it's most likely to be in a shady YMCA tribute band ;)
Ken Masters - If mastering isn't your strong point then don't worry, Jon Doe of CLSM will be taking care of mastering any tracks that you guys need help with. I'm sure most of you are ok with mixing down & preparing tracks for mastering but if you need help with this then please let me know when you submit your music & i'll get you set up.

As requested below, please submit tracks in full WAV quality ensuring that your master bus is completely free of compression & making sure to leave a bit of room on the master level.
wong how very nice of john doe
Ken Masters
quote:
Originally posted by wong:
how very nice of john doe

indeed :) he isn't doing it for nothing but has seriously slashed his prices to help out the project.
Ken Masters Can I ask anyone checking out the project to please please share the thread on your social pages, etc & let people know what we're up too.

A quick share really goes a long way & will hopefully help more producers take notice :)
Triquatra Should have something for this - have to clear it first though :)
Ken Masters
quote:
Originally posted by Triquatra:
Should have something for this - have to clear it first though :)

Nice one sir, thanks for the support as always :)
Ken Masters Remember, even if your mastering your own submissions, please try to send them in full WAV quality :)
Ken Masters Does anyone have any suggestions/ideas that they might like to see involved in next years album?

Would be good to hear some input about things I could add, possibly make it that little bit more unique.

If anyone has any ideas & would like to get involved with making their ideas happen then please do let me know.
AceofSpades_Lorenzo a few breakbeat hardcore tracks, there's a possibility I could make this happen if anyone wants anything remixed or if I do an original track for it, I could always pay Jon Doe to do my mixdown on it since I'd have a hard time with my current monitors :)

edit. not sure if you mean 2014's album or 2015's
Elipton I think submissions should be unmastered, for the sake of a continuous quality throughout the album - if CLSM is mastering for us. I also think PPF should act as a label entity, so that tracks used are therefore exclusive and each release categorized and registered.

Just a few thoughts :) Im making gradual progress on a track of my own
Bad Corey Just sent you a PM regarding a track submission, but nothing showed up in my PM outbox, so let me know if you didn't get it! \('~')/
The Dopeman was hoping i cud get a track submitted for this but i'll have to wait till nxt year won't be producing fo at least 8-9 months so much shit to do next year

btw i wouldn't mind remixing a track from the finished album if anyone would like me to it would help me out till i get bk in gear once i buy a new laptop :)
Ken Masters
quote:
a few breakbeat hardcore tracks, there's a possibility I could make this happen if anyone wants anything remixed or if I do an original track for it, I could always pay Jon Doe to do my mixdown on it since I'd have a hard time with my current monitors :)

edit. not sure if you mean 2014's album or 2015's

Sorry if that wasn't clear man, I mean 2014.

Breakbeat Hardcore is more than welcome, would also be nice to get some gabber featured this time round.

Ken Masters
quote:
I think submissions should be unmastered, for the sake of a continuous quality throughout the album - if CLSM is mastering for us. I also think PPF should act as a label entity, so that tracks used are therefore exclusive and each release categorized and registered.

Fair points there Olly, the only reason ive never signed tracks before was due to it being a community project & I suppose no-one should own any of the music as such, however while continuing to run the annual PPF project I'll be launching a label next year called 'Future State' that will concentrate on signing up & coming talent & helping new producers establish themselves in the scene, while working alongside more established names.

I also dont see it fair to turn something that was created by the hard work of everyone on here, in to something that I actually own all rights too. The first project I plan for my label will be a whole new free album concept where all material will in fact be signed.

As for mastering, I agree. I will ensure that all tracks that make the cut will be fully mastered by Jon which may therefor require me getting back in contact with that artist & having them properly prepare the track. However I want everyone to have a go themselves, even if it isn't how the track appears on the album, they'll learn a lot from it.

Its also worth mentioning, if the plans ive got so far come together then there will be a nice amount of submissions that certainly wont be needing mastering, some of the people that have been in contact certainly dont need help with that side of things :)
Ken Masters
quote:
Originally posted by Bad Corey:
Just sent you a PM regarding a track submission, but nothing showed up in my PM outbox, so let me know if you didn't get it! \('~')/

Got your PM man, thanks for getting involved.
Ken Masters That man Greg Peaks will also be joining Sc@r on the showcase mixes :)

There will be some serious promotion put into this album so please, get stuck into your tracks people & really give them some time between now & Feb, it'll certainly be worth your while!

oh, & Merry Christmas! Hope everyone has a brilliant holiday :)
Elipton
quote:
quote:
I think submissions should be unmastered, for the sake of a continuous quality throughout the album - if CLSM is mastering for us. I also think PPF should act as a label entity, so that tracks used are therefore exclusive and each release categorized and registered.

Fair points there Olly, the only reason ive never signed tracks before was due to it being a community project & I suppose no-one should own any of the music as such, however while continuing to run the annual PPF project I'll be launching a label next year called 'Future State' that will concentrate on signing up & coming talent & helping new producers establish themselves in the scene, while working alongside more established names.

I also dont see it fair to turn something that was created by the hard work of everyone on here, in to something that I actually own all rights too. The first project I plan for my label will be a whole new free album concept where all material will in fact be signed.

That's fair enough, it being a community project and all. However, having the tracks signed as a label entity doesn't necessarily mean you hold all the rights. Just exclusivity to the label and therefore the albums. The artists can still mix, promote and whatever else with them. Future State sounds pretty sweet, though. Look forward to seeing how that shapes up.
Ken Masters
quote:
quote:
quote:

That's fair enough, it being a community project and all. However, having the tracks signed as a label entity doesn't necessarily mean you hold all the rights. Just exclusivity to the label and therefore the albums. The artists can still mix, promote and whatever else with them. Future State sounds pretty sweet, though. Look forward to seeing how that shapes up.

Its an idea ive been sitting on for a while now Olly & just seems right to finally get it off the ground :)
Ken Masters Hows everyone getting on so far then?

I hope your all putting those shiny new production presents from Santa to good use!
djchexmixer
quote:
Hows everyone getting on so far then?

I hope your all putting those shiny new production presents from Santa to good use!

Really well! So close to finishing this tune!

And how did you know Santa got me a new production present?....... Are you... Santa??
Manick Hi, I'm a new guy here and was wondering whether or not my submission went through. I emailed [email protected] and i sent a private soundcloud link (username is ManickOfficial on soundcloud). i have not received a reply so i am unsure as to whether you have received my track.

If anyone wants to remix it let me know and i can PM you the track and stems.

Oh, and on a completely unrelated note, I'm from Australia (in case you haven't figured that out already)

Thanks, Manick
Ken Masters
quote:
Originally posted by Manick:
Hi, I'm a new guy here and was wondering whether or not my submission went through. I emailed [email protected] and i sent a private soundcloud link (username is ManickOfficial on soundcloud). i have not received a reply so i am unsure as to whether you have received my track.

If anyone wants to remix it let me know and i can PM you the track and stems.

Oh, and on a completely unrelated note, I'm from Australia (in case you haven't figured that out already)

Thanks, Manick

Sorry for the late reply, i've been visiting my family over Christmas & New Year.

I've got your submissions ok, thanks for getting involved :)
Ken Masters Over the next few weeks i'm going to start piecing together written interviews for some of the artists involved and include them with this years album.

If anyone fancies getting involved & helping me with this then let me know.. :)
Manick i could help with the artist interviews. we could do the interviews in video form (but not necessarily live) and i could edit them and throw in gig footage from the artist (if they have any footage from previous gigs). but yeah just an idea. ill be happy to help out in any way that i can :D
nantk you all are doing great job, i hope i?ll have this year more free time in the college to make something

cheers

PS: i haven?t found it, are remixed accepted?
Ken Masters
quote:
Originally posted by Manick:
i could help with the artist interviews. we could do the interviews in video form (but not necessarily live) and i could edit them and throw in gig footage from the artist (if they have any footage from previous gigs). but yeah just an idea. ill be happy to help out in any way that i can :D

I really like that idea mate & if we cant manage to include it in this years album it'll definitely be something to look at for next year, like I said in the email, id also like to build an archive of video interviews on my label site once its launched this year. Especially including the up & coming talent the label will be pushing.
Ken Masters
quote:
Originally posted by nantk:
you all are doing great job, i hope i?ll have this year more free time in the college to make something

cheers

cheers! Remixes are accepted however we must have full permission to use the track from the original artist.
Ken Masters Just incase anyone isn't aware, Sc@r is going to release her favourite track from the album on her label 'Scarred Digital' :)
nantk
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by nantk:
you all are doing great job, i hope i?ll have this year more free time in the college to make something

cheers

cheers! Remixes are accepted however we must have full permission to use the track from the original artist.

ok i just send you a pm
djchexmixer Just sent my submission in!
Ken Masters Thanks to everyone who's taken the time to get involved & submit tracks already.

Around 3 weeks left till we reach track submission deadline, get involved! :)
Ionosphere
quote:

Around 3 weeks left till we reach track submission deadline....

3 weeks....

....3 weeks?

3... WEEKS!!!!!!

djDMS I may be a jaded old cynic, impressed by very little these days.

But this looks like it's shaping up to be massive.
Warnman
quote:
Originally posted by Ionosphere:
quote:

Around 3 weeks left till we reach track submission deadline....

3 weeks....

....3 weeks?

3... WEEKS!!!!!!

djcandykid Hi everyone!
This is awesome, I will be sending you my new track soon
Mack H Thanks for doing this Ken! Just submitted a track!
Ken Masters
quote:
I may be a jaded old cynic, impressed by very little these days.

But this looks like it's shaping up to be massive.

It is indeed! So far the support has been awesome, I think we could have something really special on our hands here :)
Ken Masters
quote:
Originally posted by Mack H:
Thanks for doing this Ken! Just submitted a track!

quote:
Originally posted by djcandykid:
Hi everyone!
This is awesome, I will be sending you my new track soon

Thanks for the support lads.
Casketkrusher Submitted a track, check your e-mail inbox.
Ken Masters
quote:
Originally posted by Casketkrusher:
Submitted a track, check your e-mail inbox.

got it dude, replied to your PM. Thanks for getting involved :)
Hard2Get I didn't even see this topic til now as it was right at the top.
Ken Masters
quote:
Originally posted by Hard2Get:
I didn't even see this topic til now as it was right at the top.

I must admit, it threw me for a second aswell!

Last years album thread replaced by that man Silver :)
Ken Masters Not far off deadline now everyone, just under 2 weeks!

If your still looking to get something over then now is the time :)

Thanks to everyone whose supported the project so far, its shaping up nicely indeed!
djchexmixer
quote:
Not far off deadline now everyone, just under 2 weeks!

If your still looking to get something over then now is the time :)

Thanks to everyone whose supported the project so far, its shaping up nicely indeed!

Working really hard to get another submission in! It is shaping up and sounding like it'll definitely happen... though I'll probably submit a few days before the deadline!
AceofSpades_Lorenzo got a big riff track going :) will send it in sometime next week! :D
djchexmixer
quote:
got a big riff track going :) will send it in sometime next week! :D

Nice, man! Good to see you getting involved!
AceofSpades_Lorenzo
quote:
quote:
got a big riff track going :) will send it in sometime next week! :D

Nice, man! Good to see you getting involved!

Yeah, I really haven't seriously touched FL in like a good 5months, then yesterday I was sent a MIDI to produce a dance tune, then after I did that I started a hardcore track & turning out somewhat nicely
Bad Corey Been niggling with the mixdown of my submission for a while now, but will definitely have something to submit as well.
Ken Masters Thanks for the support guys, couple of weeks to get things right before they need to be in.
Dys7 Have got two 2/3 done songs.. Can't get a second breakdown going :S
Ken Masters
quote:
Have got two 2/3 done songs.. Can't get a second breakdown going :S

keep chipping away dude, still got just short of 2 weeks left. Looking forward to hearing them :)
DJ SMALOUM the collaboration are authorised or not? i would make a track with a friend of my label for help me
Ken Masters
quote:
Originally posted by DJ SMALOUM:
the collaboration are authorised or not? i would make a track with a friend of my label for help me

Of course, feel free to collaborate with whoever you like, so long as we have permission to use the track from everyone involved then its no problem :)
Casketkrusher Hope my tune is included, oldskool happy hardcore.
ricHARDcore Just sent something in!
Hope you'll like it!
Ken Masters
quote:
Hope my tune is included, oldskool happy hardcore.

quote:
Originally posted by ricHARDcore:
Just sent something in!
Hope you'll like it!

Thanks for getting involved & supporting the project :)
Smoogie
quote:
Hope my tune is included, oldskool happy hardcore.

I also submitted a bit of Old Skool lol will be good to get a blend of old and new
Casketkrusher Only professional mastering needs to be done. I mixed it the best way out before rendering to wav.
Bad Corey E-mailed my submission!
Ken Masters Its great to see so many new names getting involved, thanks for the support.
The Dopeman when is the deadline for submissions i'll be getting a laptop within the next week so hopefully i can get something submitted in time
Ionosphere
quote:
Originally posted by The Dopeman:

when is the deadline for submissions....

Ken Masters
quote:
when is the deadline for submissions i'll be getting a laptop within the next week so hopefully i can get something submitted in time

You've got till the end of the month man :)
The Dopeman
quote:
quote:
when is the deadline for submissions i'll be getting a laptop within the next week so hopefully i can get something submitted in time

You've got till the end of the month man :)

good stuff hopefully my laptop will be delivered by tomorrow (really starting to get pissed off using my PS3 to go online) and i can get my hard disk from my old laptop put in and get cracking straight away...if not then i look forward to hearing some top notch tunage from everyone involved
Ken Masters We're fast approaching the final week for track submissions people.

Can you please do me a favour & share the thread on your social pages & we'll give the project a final push over these last few days.

Thanks for the support :)
Smoogie
quote:
We're fast approaching the final week for track submissions people.

Can you please do me a favour & share the thread on your social pages & we'll give the project a final push over these last few days.

Shared on my Facebook
maddkid53 bleah with school starting back up and other projects taking up time, I dont know if I'll be able to finish anything before the deadline.

Will this be happening again next year?
Ken Masters
quote:
Originally posted by Smoogie:
quote:
We're fast approaching the final week for track submissions people.

Shared on my Facebook

Cheers Smoogie
Ken Masters
quote:

Yeah, preps for the next installment will start in December :)

maddkid53
quote:
quote:

Alrighty, I'll probably have to get in on that one then. At least I'll have another year under my belt when it comes around!
Ken Masters
quote:
quote:
quote:

Alrighty, I'll probably have to get in on that one then. At least I'll have another year under my belt when it comes around!

I'll be putting together another, somewhat smaller album for the launch of my label this year. More details to come after this album release :)
DJ SMALOUM finally i've made a track alone. i sent you a freeform track. enjoy it and goodluck to all the producers
Ken Masters
quote:
Originally posted by DJ SMALOUM:
finally i've made a track alone. i sent you a freeform track. enjoy it and goodluck to all the producers

Got it dude, thanks for getting involved.
djchexmixer Second submission finish this weekend and sent just now.

Let me know if you got both submissions! Thanks!
Ken Masters
quote:
Second submission finish this weekend and sent just now.

Let me know if you got both submissions! Thanks!

got both now ;)
Smoogie 3 days until the deadline im looking forward to seeing how the final product works out with so many tracks being submitted!
Casketkrusher
quote:
3 days until the deadline im looking forward to seeing how the final product works out with so many tracks being submitted!

Mee too.
nantk Will finish everything on the 31, when i finish lessons! ha!
Ken Masters Only a couple of days left everyone!
Smoogie
quote:
Only a couple of days left everyone!

I am going to send you one more demo, but I will warn you, this is a hard tune and more Gabber like
Ken Masters IT'S DEADLINE DAY! & I don't mean the football!

I'll be taking submissions right up till midnight tonight then we can really get to work on whats shaping up to be a great addition to the series :)
nantk Sent!
akumie Had a track I was working on for this but I know I won't finish it in by tonight and rushing it would be a shame. Here is a preview.

Will probably release as a free download or something when I get it done.
Moriens Do I get til 12am EST? =D
Ionosphere
quote:
Originally posted by Moriens:
Do I get til 12am EST? =D

quote:
IT'S DEADLINE DAY! & I don't mean the football!

I'll be taking submissions right up till midnight tonight....

Midnight GMT (Greenwich Mean Time)

ie; Midnight tonight.

You've got 5 4 minutes left. :)

Ken Masters Can I just say a huge thankyou to everyone that has taken time to get involved & support this years project. The response has been immense & this is shaping up to be by far the best edition of the series so far.

Over the next couple of weeks myself, Kaylene (Sc@r) & Greg will get through all the submissions received & from there decide which tracks will feature. Please don't be too disheartened if your track doesn't make the album, I plan more similar projects to this one throughout the year to coincide with the launch of my new label which again, will be dedicated to helping push up & coming producers so I hope to hear more from you all over the coming months.

I'm not going to set an exact release date as such just yet but if all goes to plan we'll be looking at a late march/early April release. I'll start a new previews thread asap which will include the album artwork, samples of tracks & all other info surrounding the project but for now...its finally time to start building what's set to be a great album :)
Smoogie Cool im looking forward to it but being 'the best so far' shows there must be a good amount of tracks being submitted
DJ SMALOUM
quote:
Originally posted by akumie:
Had a track I was working on for this but I know I won't finish it in by tonight and rushing it would be a shame. Here is a preview.

Will probably release as a free download or something when I get it done.

yummi delicious demo i'm impatient to hear the whole track.

Smoogie I have a new tune but it is not one of the tunes I submitted, so if you choose one of my submissions then I wont upload it to Soundcloud until after the album comes out. Any tunes which are not used will be uploaded later anyway
Dys7 Any updates / ETA on this?
djchexmixer
quote:
Any updates / ETA on this?

I second this question....

Last post from Ken said "late March / early April" in terms of release.
AceofSpades_Lorenzo I seen on FB he just moved, so thats probably the reason of not hearing anything from Ken
Ken Masters Yeah sorry guys, its been a hectic week with the house move which has delayed things slightly. We're now living in the sticks & cant even pick up 3G, however broadband will be installed this coming Monday & normal life shall be resumed!

Until then I'll just have to go outside & play, unheard of I know!

EDIT - I'll be starting an album previews thread asap & give you all a taste of what's to come. You won't be disappointed :)
Smoogie
quote:
Yeah sorry guys, its been a hectic week with the house move which has delayed things slightly. We're now living in the sticks & cant even pick up 3G, however broadband will be installed this coming Monday & normal life shall be resumed!

EDIT - I'll be starting an album previews thread asap & give you all a taste of what's to come. You won't be disappointed :)

Looking forward to it and as for playing outside, I haven't done that since the dark ages before the internet when people made their own entertainment lol
The Dopeman
quote:

i love the outdoors i'm out for at least 4-5 hours a day walking my dog only problem with that is he's a border collie and never gets bloody tired lol
Ken Masters Yeah this new place we're in now is immense, nothing for miles! absolute silence...

I stuck a few pics on fb, feel free to add me & have a look: D J Ken Masters

I would post them on here but no net & all that mallarcy.
Smoogie
quote:
Yeah this new place we're in now is immense, nothing for miles! absolute silence...

Just commented lol

I hope you haven't had too much rain where your living?
Sc@r currently listening through the submissions now :)! some interesting stuff and great to see so many new fresh names.

thanks everyone who has submitted their productions

GOOD LUCK!
Ken Masters
quote:
quote:
Yeah this new place we're in now is immense, nothing for miles! absolute silence...

Just commented lol

I hope you haven't had too much rain where your living?

plenty of rain smoogie but thankfully avoided the flooding :)

Ken Masters
quote:
Originally posted by Sc@r:
currently listening through the submissions now :)! some interesting stuff and great to see so many new fresh names.

thanks everyone who has submitted their productions

GOOD LUCK!

Yeah, the standard of production and overall response to this years album has been great! Looking forward to posting a few previews...
Dys7 Excited excited excited
Casketkrusher Hope my tune is included.
Smoogie
quote:

So you moved all the way from Scotland only to find out that English weather is the same if not worse lol
Ken Masters
quote:
quote:

So you moved all the way from Scotland only to find out that English weather is the same if not worse lol

I didn't think the Devon weather could be worse than Scotland!

...I was badly wrong :( although the summers are baking! Well, for a milky Scot.
Dys7 Waiting for those cliiiiipssss :)
Ken Masters
quote:
Waiting for those cliiiiipssss :)

First clips will be up once I get the mastered tracks back & when me & Olly are happy with the artwork :)
Elipton Won't be long now ;)

AceofSpades_Lorenzo I never got told if i made the album or not :/
Ken Masters
quote:
I never got told if i made the album or not :/

No-one has, official album tracklist, artwork & samples will be posted shortly :)
Ionosphere
quote:
quote:
I never got told if i made the album or not :/

No-one has, official album tracklist, artwork & samples will be posted shortly :)

Ah. Just in case anyone's wondering why we posted our 'rejected' track,

it's 'cos we linked Ken up to the early version before the cut off date and he said it's not the stuff he was looking for. :)
Ken Masters I'll start the previews thread at the start of the week after my weekend shifts..

I'm not going to go overboard on the amount of previews as I'd like to keep some of the tracks fresh for album release but it'll give you all a taste of what to expect :)

...& to be fair, its not like I have to try & sell the album, you'd be mad not to download it ;)
_Jay_
Looking forward to these clips chaps!

quote:
I'm not going to go overboard on the amount of previews as I'd like to keep some of the tracks fresh

Definitely a good idea to hold some back completely.

nantk nice
Triquatra Is the tracklist going up as the same time as the previews then? :)
djDMS Hurry up before everybody forgets about it! :-p
Ken Masters
quote:
Hurry up before everybody forgets about it! :-p

Patience young grasshopper...
Ken Masters
quote:
Originally posted by Triquatra:
Is the tracklist going up as the same time as the previews then? :)

No I couldn't, simply because I don't have all the mastered tracks back yet & I cant make a final decision on wether some of those tracks are definitely up to standard until I get them back.

However, out of the definites I do have, and seeing as you've all been such a patient bunch, I thought it would be nice to post a few short clips and let you all hear the progress of the album so far :)

What do you all reckon? I could hold off till the tracklist is finalized but by then the album will be as good as ready for release. Or I could hold off completely & the first you'll see/hear of it is on release day? Let me know what you think, after all you've all helped put it together.

Anyway, time for bed, these 5am starts are doing nothing for my striking good looks..I need extra beauty sleep...
Elipton Keep things fresh and interesting with art and some clips :)
Ionosphere
quote:
Keep things fresh and interesting with art and some clips :)

^ This sounds ideal and, as DMS has pointed out,

will keep those of us with the attention span of a goldfish,

interested. 8)
Ken Masters Haha no problem, last shift today so will have some previews up by Monday lunch time :)
Bad Corey Hoping my submission makes the cut but pretty excited for this either way \o/

It took 4.89 ninja's to process this page!

HappyHardcore.com

1999 - 2024 HappyHardcore.com
audio: PRS for music. Build: 3.1.73.1

Go to top of page