Lost password
 Remember my login 
 All forums
 Music discussion - hardcore
 PPF 2014 *ALBUM TRACK PREVIEWS NOW UP!*
 Printer friendly
Page: 
of 12

All users can post new topics in this forum. All users can reply to topics in this forum

Author Thread  
Ken Masters
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
3,447 posts
Posted - 2013/12/06 :  14:27:16  Show profile Send a private message View the linked resource
*NEWS/UPDATES*:

*OUT NOW! DOWNLOAD HERE:*

http://www.happyhardcore.com/forums/topic.asp?topic_id=65679

- Can I just say a huge thankyou to everyone that has taken time to get involved & support this years project. The response has been immense & this is shaping up to be by far the best edition of the series so far.

Over the next couple of weeks myself, Kaylene (Sc@r) & Greg will get through all the submissions received & from there decide which tracks will feature. Please don't be too disheartened if your track doesn't make the album, I plan more similar projects to this one throughout the year to coincide with the launch of my new label which again, will be dedicated to helping up & coming producers so I hope to hear more from you all over the coming months.

I'm not going to set an exact release date as such just yet but if all goes to plan we'll be looking at a late march/early April release. I'll start a new previews thread asap which will include the album artwork, samples of tracks & all other info surrounding the project but for now...its finally time to start building what's set to be a great album :)

- If mastering isn't your strong point then don't worry, Jon Doe of CLSM will be taking care of mastering any tracks that you guys need help with. I'm sure most of you are ok with mixing down & preparing tracks for mastering but if you need help with this then please let me know when you submit your music & i'll get you set up.

As requested below, please submit tracks in full WAV quality ensuring that your master bus is completely free of compression & making sure to leave a bit of room on the master level.

- 1 Track from the album will be released on Sc@r's label 'Scarred Digital' as chosen by her.

- That man Greg Peaks will also be joining myself & Sc@r on this years showcase mixes.

- Album artwork & general design concept is now well underway.

- It's official! Sc@r will now be involved in the album showcase mixes :)

PROJECT INFO:

It's that time once again! time to start building the next instalment in the HHC.com members album series 'The Past. The Present. The Future' :) Here's a quick incite for anyone who may have missed last years album or are still unsure exactly what's involved in the project.

PPF is a completely free digital album series which brings the members together to create something personal & unique, paying respects to our past, pushing the sounds of the present & offering a taste of the future. The main aim of this project is to give up & coming producers a chance to show what they've got to offer & by doing so, feature alongside more established names in the scene. A lot of producers out there can get disheartened by constant knockbacks & may never go on to realise/showcase their full potential. I want to use this project (& others) to address this.

I also plan to launch a label called 'Future State' that like the name suggests, will continue to nurture new talent beyond the PPF project. This will include more albums/mixes, individual releases & eventually events all focused on providing a platform for new talent to build on but i'll go into this in greater detail once the albums released.

The success of last years album was immense with it now having reached over 2500 downloads & with the plans I have in place for this years album i'm certain we'll reach a whole new level. It really is a worthwhile project to get involved in & I hope to see some of the original artists again as well as some new faces.

I don't want to give too much away just yet however I have some fresh & inventive ideas for the album & this year it will include guest DJ's appearing on the showcase mixes which will feature alongside the tracks in Unmixed form, in depth interviews with a selection of the artists involved, a complete overhaul of artwork & designs (yes this was lacking last year & will be put right) & the launch of a PPF website to coincide with the album launch.

How to get involved:

- Send all track submissions to [email protected] in full WAV quality (If you have the abilities to master your own tracks then feel free but if you feel you'll need help with this let me know & we'll look to work something out) feel free to submit as many tracks as you like.

- Submissions deadline: 1st February 2014

- Please try to keep all submissions as private as possible until the album is released, if a track appears for free download before the album launch it may be a deciding factor on whether it features on the album or not (we want the album to be as fresh as possible!).

- Genre's: Hardcore (all sub genres)

- Predicted Album Layout: 2 CD's (1 B2B2B Showcase Mix mixed by myself, Sc@r & Greg Peaks. & 1 Unmixed) Obviously it's impossible to determine exactly how many tracks/mixes will feature until we reach the submission stage deadline & by then I will have a better idea.

NOTE - Please keep all submissions original, remixes are allowed but full permission must be given from the original producer if they don't use these forums.

On the 1st February 2014 I will start a new thread showcasing some of the chosen tracks, the artwork & a finalized description of album size (number of Mixed/Unmixed tracks) but for now let's just concentrate on gathering some quality & inventive music over the coming months & see where we stand at the start of next year. Even if you don't produce & would like to get involved in the project in some way & help out, or you may have some ideas to put forward in this preparation stage, be sure to get in contact with me.

Thanks to everyone who continues to support the project, without you guys it wouldn't exist..

- 'PPF 2013' Previous Album: http://www.happyhardcore.com/forums/topic.asp?topic_id=60229

Alert moderator

Edited by - Ken Masters on 2014/05/09 20:57:07
Ken Masters
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
3,447 posts
Posted - 2013/12/07 :  09:41:07  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Ken Masters's homepage
Please take a second to push this on your social pages aswell & let members who might not frequent the site daily know about the project :)

Alert moderator Go to top of page
djchexmixer

United States
363 posts
djchexmixer has attended 1 event
Posted - 2013/12/07 :  16:18:41  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit djchexmixer's homepage
Ah very cool, was waiting for this!

Happy Dance Fusion Vol. 2:
https://soundcloud.com/dj-cruelcore-neo/happy-dance-fusion-vol-2

Ken Masters
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
3,447 posts
Posted - 2013/12/08 :  08:12:14  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Ken Masters's homepage
quote:
Originally posted by djchexmixer:
Ah very cool, was waiting for this!

Thanks for getting involved man, looking forward to hearing your stuff :)

Elipton
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,268 posts
Elipton has attended 2 events
Posted - 2013/12/08 :  11:17:02  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Elipton's homepage
I'll be sending you something. I'm sorry I can't help more mate. Uni frustrates me a lot that way :(

Ken Masters
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
3,447 posts
Posted - 2013/12/08 :  13:08:48  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Ken Masters's homepage
quote:
Originally posted by Elipton:
I'll be sending you something. I'm sorry I can't help more mate. Uni frustrates me a lot that way :(

Don't worry man, its all good, always good to get something of yours on there :)

AceofSpades_Lorenzo
Average Member

United States
241 posts
Posted - 2013/12/08 :  13:32:03  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit AceofSpades_Lorenzo's homepage
Doubt,ill be able to submit anything, prolly not getting a new setup until mid february or march

SmashingTheSirens

United Kingdom
126 posts
Posted - 2013/12/08 :  14:27:52  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit SmashingTheSirens's homepage
I'm currently working on a track or two, might have to fire one of them off to you. Can you submit more than one track?

Ken Masters
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
3,447 posts
Posted - 2013/12/08 :  15:22:18  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Ken Masters's homepage
quote:
Originally posted by SmashingTheSirens:
I'm currently working on a track or two, might have to fire one of them off to you. Can you submit more than one track?

You can submit as many tracks as you like my friend, sorry if that wasn't clear. Look forward to hearing them :)

_Jay_
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
6,868 posts
_Jay_ has attended 41 events
Posted - 2013/12/08 :  18:44:53  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit _Jay_'s homepage

2013 had some seriously good tracks on it. Expecting a good standard of material next year. :-)

Ken Masters
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
3,447 posts
Posted - 2013/12/08 :  18:48:46  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Ken Masters's homepage
quote:
Originally posted by AceofSpades_Lorenzo:
Doubt,ill be able to submit anything, prolly not getting a new setup until mid february or march

That's a shame man, hopefully you can get something sorted before deadline.

Ken Masters
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
3,447 posts
Posted - 2013/12/08 :  18:51:58  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Ken Masters's homepage
quote:
Originally posted by _Jay_:

2013 had some seriously good tracks on it. Expecting a good standard of material next year. :-)

I'm sure you wont be disappointed Jay :) if you wanna help out with the project in anyway let me know mate, be good to have you onboard.

_Jay_
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
6,868 posts
Posted - 2013/12/08 :  18:56:30  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit _Jay_'s homepage
quote:
Originally posted by Ken Masters:
quote:

I'm sure you wont be disappointed Jay :) if you wanna help out with the project in anyway let me know mate, be good to have you onboard.

What have you got in mind matey? I'm back working full time now, and between keeping Highlights ticking over and having the odd beer - I don't have much time to play with. Happy to help out if I can, though. :-)

Ken Masters
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
3,447 posts
Posted - 2013/12/08 :  19:53:31  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Ken Masters's homepage
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Ken Masters:
quote:

What have you got in mind matey? I'm back working full time now, and between keeping Highlights ticking over and having the odd beer - I don't have much time to play with. Happy to help out if I can, though. :-)

The odd beer? Dont think you can hide your problem from us ;)

..just a little help with promotion if you could man, especially closer to the time of release, possibly help out with the artists interviews, whatever you get time for, absolutely no rush anyway, would be a shame to leave your good self out just because you don't produce.

Its all about pulling the members together (& I don't mean that sexually).

_Jay_
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
6,868 posts
Posted - 2013/12/08 :  20:13:41  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit _Jay_'s homepage

Ha ha ha!!

But yeah, no worries at all mate. I can definitely do that. I'll try knock up a post over the course of the week and get it on my blog! :-)

Ken Masters
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
3,447 posts
Posted - 2013/12/08 :  20:40:10  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Ken Masters's homepage
quote:

Ha ha ha!!

But yeah, no worries at all mate. I can definitely do that. I'll try knock up a post over the course of the week and get it on my blog! :-)

legend, thanks for the help :)

New PostPost Reply
Topic is 12 pages long: 1  2  3  4  5 ... 8  9  10  11  12
 Printer friendly
  Verified artist
   Donating member How to donate

It took 2.03 ninja's to process this page!

HappyHardcore.com

1999 - 2024 HappyHardcore.com
audio: PRS for music. Build: 3.1.73.1

Go to top of page