Radio listeners 157+
Email Us!
Username: Password:

Lost password
 Remember my login 
 All forums
 Music discussion - hardcore
 HTID USA

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is free.

Screensize:
Username:
Password:
Format: Strike Sup Sub BigChar Align Left Align Right Pre Teletype Moving Text Insert Horizontal Rule Highlight (Yellow)
Bold Italicized Underline Centered Insert Hyperlink Insert Email Insert Image Insert Code Insert Quote Insert List Insert Smilie Spell Check Youtube embed Soundcloud embed Mixcloud embed Bandcamp embed

Message Icon:
* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON

Mode:
Check here to include your profile signature.

T O P I C     R E V I E W
_Jay_

Interesting:

Hardcore ravers unite!!! This is such an exciting time for us! To answer the first question on everyone?s mind:

YES! This is real!!

HTID, the UK?s premier hardcore event series, is branching out to the USA! We can?t give away too much info just yet but location, dates, and all of that will be announced in the very near future! Please help us by spreading the word and keeping an eye on this page for more details!

https://www.facebook.com/htid.usa

latininxtc Interesting indeed, but depending on when it will be done, it could be a bit of an overkill. There's already a weekend hardcore event on the east coast, Massachusetts I believe, in May and one in Oregon in July. Anytime after that would be overkill. ALSo lots of racers flocking to EDC in June and Tomorrowworld in September or October.

I can't see them doing a whole week like ITS. And if the obvious ones make up the majority of the lineup, then I wouldn't consider going.
CDJay Wouldn't it be great if they talked to us?

Just sayin'

CDJay
djchexmixer The biggest Hardcore event I can remember that happened in Los Angeles was "Beyond the Beat" ... I don't remember the exact date, I was still in college so around 4+ years ago. Maybe more, now that I look at the line up.

The line up:
Area 1 (UK Hardcore):
Brisk and Ham
Gammer with MC Whizzkid
Kevin Energy
S3RL
Stormtrooper
Impact
Injured Rezz
D-Lyte

Area 2 (Drum and Bass/Breaks)
John B
Luna-C
Dylan
SPL
Loxy
Bexxie
Dead PA

It was at the Shrine Auditorium which is a pretty big venue out here, right smack dab in downtown LA. I knew several people who came from out of state for this event. .... danm good time...

First time I'm seeing this FB group.
latininxtc
quote:
Originally posted by CDJay:
Wouldn't it be great if they talked to us?

Just sayin'

CDJay

oh you know they don't care for y'all. Remember, you're just a little nothing label no ones ever heard of ;)

but I would so make it out there if y'all were there, but if they haven't spoken to you yet then sadly I don't see that happening.

if marc smith, Kurt and Joey riot as well as Scott brown are there I will highly consider it. But I don't know if I can deal with their insufferable MCs on home turf.
Bad Corey You know what would be wonderful? If this happened somewhere BESIDES one of the coasts. You know, like in Chicago, that giant Midwestern metropolis that no one from the hardcore scene ever seems to come to? Yeah, that'd be awesome.
warped_candykid
quote:
Originally posted by Bad Corey:
You know what would be wonderful? If this happened somewhere BESIDES one of the coasts. You know, like in Chicago, that giant Midwestern metropolis that no one from the hardcore scene ever seems to come to? Yeah, that'd be awesome.

Or Atlanta...so I wouldn't have to drive far.
latininxtc
quote:
Originally posted by warped_candykid:
quote:
You know what would be wonderful? If this happened somewhere BESIDES one of the coasts. You know, like in Chicago, that giant Midwestern metropolis that no one from the hardcore scene ever seems to come to? Yeah, that'd be awesome.

Or Atlanta...so I wouldn't have to drive far.

Screw driving. You might as well just fly there.

Usually when djs come over here in the US it all comes down to the promoters and where the scene is at. Promoters who actually follow UK hardcore closely are few and far between in the US, so it's no surprise that most of them go to Seattle, California, Phoenix, New England area, and New York. If this is all run by the HTID crew by themselves, they could play it safe and hold it in one of those areas, guaranteeing numbers, or they could take it somewhere more economical or with less red tape.
maddkid53 Oh boy oh boy!
Triquatra Scott Brown played in Bloomington, IL and it was packed out, whilst I lived there...
Maybe some of it comes down perception of America - in the UK I think generally you think of "where the party be at" in the states I think the generalisation is that it's on the coasts, for sure the coasts have always been more accepting of dance music than other areas in the US...
AceofSpades_Lorenzo
quote:

Corey, we all know that'd most likely never happen :x

Closest thing we'll ever get is. Da Lollipop Kidz which will be here April 18th ;)
_Jay_

I would definitely consider tying in a US Hardcore event if I decided to do a holiday to The States. Be very interesting to experience the different rave culture.

Are the bars stocked properly at US events?

latininxtc
quote:
Originally posted by _Jay_:

I would definitely consider tying in a US Hardcore event if I decided to do a holiday to The States. Be very interesting to experience the different rave culture.

Are the bars stocked properly at US events?

not the ones I went to, with the exception of one that was at an actual club or club like vicinity. The one in TN I went to only had beer, and I don't recall the meridian here in Houston having a wide selection of stuff.

honestly though drinks will be cheap for you here most beers and mixed drinks will be $5 max. Which is probably about 3 quid for you.
_Jay_ There is also an HTID Australia now....with 13 likes.....kewelll...
SaucePotSexton That last post was me not Jamie!!! I didn't realise he was logged in on my laptop!!! oops!! :D
latininxtc
quote:
There is also an HTID Australia now....with 13 likes.....kewelll...

I wonder if they're stupid enough to forget to book Brisk. The answer to that is more than likely yes!
maddkid53 Up here in New England we've got a solid hardcore following. The monthly event (HardHits) isnt around anymore, but TightCrew and Mutiny are still booking people like Scott Brow, Dougal, Gammer, Spit, Sc@r, Luna-C, and plenty of local hardcore acts. NYC has brought plenty of big names as well.

I don't know if I'd have the funds to fly out to a massive hardcore event if it was anywhere other than this area, but thats because I'm poor. Definitely hope it's somewhere close by.
Bad Corey Kyle stop hogging all the core
maddkid53
quote:
Kyle stop hogging all the core

nyo!
DJ Hellfury This would be more interesting:

Source
Elipton Is our fearless leader attending?
_Jay_
quote:
Originally posted by SaucePotSexton:
That last post was me not Jamie!!! I didn't realise he was logged in on my laptop!!! oops!! :D

Whatever Sexton!! Trying to ruin mah reputation!

Maggers I'm curious where it will be - Toronto, Arizona, LA, Seattle, NYC or Boston area are the only places I could see having a big enough crowd to support an event like HTID. If anyone ends up near Niagara Falls for a US vacation we'll have to grab a drink! (Bars in Buffalo are at least open til 4am ;) )
latininxtc
quote:
Originally posted by Maggers:
I'm curious where it will be - Toronto, Arizona, LA, Seattle, NYC or Boston area are the only places I could see having a big enough crowd to support an event like HTID. If anyone ends up near Niagara Falls for a US vacation we'll have to grab a drink! (Bars in Buffalo are at least open til 4am ;) )

Well if the page is listed as HTID USA I'm guessing it's definitely not in Toronto, Canada.

I think Cali would be the safest guess, although I can see it being somewhere in the east coast, considering that would definitely cut the cost of a round-trip flight for all the djs.
Sc@r
quote:
Wouldn't it be great if they talked to us?

Just sayin'

CDJay

??? the boys are only a email away

trippnface could be cool, if they book the right talent ( nobody from futureworld) ;D . id be there in a flash. was guna go to that Oregon show, but squad e cancelled. not paying to see gammer & unknown drop abunch of trash. sc@r is the only dj I even wana see, freeform I find pretty boring. need better promoters
Sc@r
quote:
Originally posted by trippnface:
could be cool, if they book the right talent ( nobody from futureworld) ;D . id be there in a flash. was guna go to that Oregon show, but squad e cancelled. not paying to see gammer & unknown drop abunch of trash. sc@r is the only dj I even wana see, freeform I find pretty boring. need better promoters

cheers mate! i heard oregon is gorgeous so im also looking forward to checking out the area. but hope u do come, it be good either way! any excuse for a rave
latininxtc sooooo 6 months later and this appears

I had a feeling LA was going to be the place. I'm curious to go to this, especially now that MC Storm is no longer going to be booked for HTID events (supposedly). That said though, LA is one of my least desired places to visit in the US. There is nothing there I'm wanting to see, especially all the celebrity/Hollywood crap. Either way if I make it out to Raver's Ibiza, which is looking less and less likely these days, I wouldn't be able to go to this. But then again if the lineup is fair and Ibiza doesn't happen, then I'll take this into consideration. I have enough miles to fly there for free, so I'll only have to worry about hotel and spending money for that long weekend.
Impulse_Response I hope they get around to doing something in Texas (especially if it's in Houston). I have no idea how much of a hardcore following there is here, though.
latininxtc
quote:
Originally posted by Advather:
I hope they get around to doing something in Texas (especially if it's in Houston). I have no idea how much of a hardcore following there is here, though.

You're in Houston? That's where I'm at.

And it's pretty much dead here. The only thing UK hardcore that comes to Houston is Moonstruck Red in Dallas. Gammer was here 3 years ago and while his set was incredible, his experience was not. Also I just remembered that S3RL used to be a TX regular, but his bookings in Dallas and Houston have not been happening for a long time. So more than likely there will never be an event like this ever in Houston.

I think it is worth making a trip to cities that do get lucky to host decent events. Went to Toronto almost 2 years ago when the Hardcore Underground crew were there, it was amazing. And also Phoenix area has their annual(ish) event Kandiland, and they normally bring in the likes of Gammer, Darren Styles, Breeze, and Chris Unknown.
trippnface sweet but who the **** are they gunna book??

did they talk to you CDJ!?!!?!

for gods sake if they booked more recycled trash im guna lose it!!
CDJay
quote:
sweet but who the **** are they gunna book??

Yes, and HU should have a presence at this event.

Rejoice in 5,4,3.....

CDJay
latininxtc
quote:
quote:
sweet but who the **** are they gunna book??

Yes, and HU should have a presence at this event.

Rejoice in 5,4,3.....

CDJay

ooh in that case I might be there if I don't make it out to Spain!
trippnface **** YES YES YES YES YES!!!!!!
i am in utter bliss praise the gods!!!!!
^.^ <3 \\0.0// !!!
have not been this stoked for a party in ages >:D
Claxton https://www.facebook.com/events/1500214910191065/
ConnerIntenzifi I'm loving reading the comments & stuff on the event page for this. So much positivity & folk looking forward to it! Makes a change from the bitching, backstabbing & so forth on anything they do over here :)
latininxtc There's complaining on there, usually the average "I don't have money," I can't find a ride," and "it's too far from me!" complaints that the average US raver makes.
ConnerIntenzifi Makes a change from htid r shit line up is wank a hate this **** a hate that **** yees r aw wanks m8s **** sake etc... haha
latininxtc
quote:
Originally posted by ConnerIntenzifi:
Makes a change from htid r shit line up is wank a hate this **** a hate that **** yees r aw wanks m8s **** sake etc... haha

That's because HTID bring in the same ppl over and over and over again. The lineup never changes.

With HTID USA they can't really complain about an event of this scale because to my knowledge it's never been done. We'll have to wait and see what the lineup is but more than likely gammer, dougal, darren styles, and breeze will be there as usual. should be interesting who else they bring.
Claxton Several hundred tickets sold in less than half an hour and the Earlybirds are sold out. They're onto the next price band now.

Madness!!!
trippnface got my early birds. us hardcore crew is ready. kandi kids assemble!!!!
trippnface
quote:
Originally posted by latininxtc:
quote:
Makes a change from htid r shit line up is wank a hate this **** a hate that **** yees r aw wanks m8s **** sake etc... haha

That's because HTID bring in the same ppl over and over and over again. The lineup never changes.

With HTID USA they can't really complain about an event of this scale because to my knowledge it's never been done. We'll have to wait and see what the lineup is but more than likely gammer, dougal, darren styles, and breeze will be there as usual. should be interesting who else they bring.

ugh they better hook it up with hella new people; wouldnt even go for any of them!!
trippnface
quote:
quote:

unless they are specially told not to play dubcore/trap/futureworld. shit. HTID is HTID right... lol..i hope
latininxtc
quote:
quote:
quote:

unless they are specially told not to play dubcore/trap/futureworld. shit. HTID is HTID right... lol..i hope

Highly doubt anyone is going to dictate the stuff they play. They play the more electro/dub sounding hardcore at their US events already, so I don't see that happening. At least HU will be there.

My two beefs with the event that would prevent me from considering going there is definitely the lineup. If I don't see a huge variety of DJs other than the basic UK ones that normally are booked to the event, I probably won't be there. I'd really love to see Joey Riot, or even better Marc Smith and Scott Brown there! Of course I'm sure Fracus and Darwin will be the ones representing HU, but hopefully Al Storm can join them!

And another thing is my desire not to be around north American ravers. I can't help it, I just loathe kandy kids. It's one of the main reasons why I mainly kept to myself and the HU crew when I was in Toronto 2 years ago lol. I was always bothered with that whole part of the scene here in the US even when I was kind of one lol.
Elliott
quote:
I'm curious to go to this, especially now that MC Storm is no longer going to be booked for HTID events (supposedly).

How come?
latininxtc
quote:
Originally posted by Elliott:
quote:
I'm curious to go to this, especially now that MC Storm is no longer going to be booked for HTID events (supposedly).

How come?

Well according to a facebook post on his account, he said something that the reason behind him not working HTID events anymore is because he's working Raver's Ibiza. This supposedly cost him his gig at this year's HTID ITS. They think this is a break in his loyalty for HTID ITS. He also pointed out that a lot of MCs and DJs are working both events and nothing was said about it.

But another member on here said the reason why he didn't work HTID ITS was because they cut back his days, but he wanted a bigger fee to recoup for those lost days. HTID said no way and dropped him altogether. Perhaps this was a permanent break in working relations, or just for this one event.
trippnface
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

Highly doubt anyone is going to dictate the stuff they play. They play the more electro/dub sounding hardcore at their US events already, so I don't see that happening. At least HU will be there.

My two beefs with the event that would prevent me from considering going there is definitely the lineup. If I don't see a huge variety of DJs other than the basic UK ones that normally are booked to the event, I probably won't be there. I'd really love to see Joey Riot, or even better Marc Smith and Scott Brown there! Of course I'm sure Fracus and Darwin will be the ones representing HU, but hopefully Al Storm can join them!

And another thing is my desire not to be around north American ravers. I can't help it, I just loathe kandy kids. It's one of the main reasons why I mainly kept to myself and the HU crew when I was in Toronto 2 years ago lol. I was always bothered with that whole part of the scene here in the US even when I was kind of one lol.

i feel it haha. well if you decide to make it im sure you would enjoy my presence its all love man :D
Elliott
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Elliott:
quote:

How come?

Well according to a facebook post on his account, he said something that the reason behind him not working HTID events anymore is because he's working Raver's Ibiza. This supposedly cost him his gig at this year's HTID ITS. They think this is a break in his loyalty for HTID ITS. He also pointed out that a lot of MCs and DJs are working both events and nothing was said about it.

But another member on here said the reason why he didn't work HTID ITS was because they cut back his days, but he wanted a bigger fee to recoup for those lost days. HTID said no way and dropped him altogether. Perhaps this was a permanent break in working relations, or just for this one event.

Oh fair play. Cheers!
DjZelous I wish the hardcore scene would spread here to Florida. I wish they would have a hardcore stage at ultra music festival here. I do listen to lots of electro house but not as much as hardcore. Is there a way to make a petition to try to start a hardcore stage at ultra?
latininxtc
quote:
Originally posted by DjZelous:
I wish the hardcore scene would spread here to Florida. I wish they would have a hardcore stage at ultra music festival here. I do listen to lots of electro house but not as much as hardcore. Is there a way to make a petition to try to start a hardcore stage at ultra?

First you actually have to gain enough interest for a petition to be deemed worthy. And Ultra is a bit more on the commercial side, so if they don't even play hardstyle, hard techno, and/or gabber hardcore, then it's not worth your time. Just stop being cheap/lazy and make the trip to places that do play in the meantime. Or push your hardcore scene there. Is Rhythmics not at least doing something in FL for the hardcore fans over there?
DjZelous
quote:
quote:
I wish the hardcore scene would spread here to Florida. I wish they would have a hardcore stage at ultra music festival here. I do listen to lots of electro house but not as much as hardcore. Is there a way to make a petition to try to start a hardcore stage at ultra?

First you actually have to gain enough interest for a petition to be deemed worthy. And Ultra is a bit more on the commercial side, so if they don't even play hardstyle, hard techno, and/or gabber hardcore, then it's not worth your time. Just stop being cheap/lazy and make the trip to places that do play in the meantime. Or push your hardcore scene there. Is Rhythmics not at least doing something in FL for the hardcore fans over there?

The last time he played here was in 2010 with cotts, ravine, and jimini cricket. Not much has happened after that (at least to my knowledge)
_Jay_

Not that it's relevant to this Florida chat, but do I vaguely recall that Rhythmics is going to be over in the UK at some point this year?

latininxtc
quote:

Not that it's relevant to this Florida chat, but do I vaguely recall that Rhythmics is going to be over in the UK at some point this year?

sorry to hear that lol
DjZelous
quote:

I hope not, according to the pics he has posted on instagram he appears to live in my area and I hope one day to bump into him. :) lol
_Jay_
quote:
quote:

I hope not, according to the pics he has posted on instagram he appears to live in my area and I hope one day to bump into him. :) lol

It wouldn't be permanently - just a tour for some gigs.

latininxtc
quote:
quote:
quote:

It wouldn't be permanently - just a tour for some gigs.

it's very rare of an American UK hardcore DJ to have a tour in the UK, much less play a gig. Should be interesting to see what events he plays at.
_Jay_

Yeah it is rare. I thought I read it within the context of a FutureWorld announcement, but it could have been a post on Rhythmics' Facebook page.

I'm still not completely convinced this is real, by the way. I may have made it up.

trippnface during the summer bash someone mentioned Gammer wont be playing due to "differences" with the crew or something along those lines. does that mean they said not to play his shitty music? or we didnt want to hear it? :p. pretty curious. personally glad someone else will have a spot..
latininxtc So a few days ago the first phase of lineups has been released

Interesting choices on Organ Donors, Alex Kidd and Bass Breakers as none of them actually play hardcore. They're labeling this as a hardcore and hard dance event now, but I'd much rather have the likes of Gammer over these 3. Nothing wrong with those that play hardstyle I just think this event should be exclusively hardcore, that includes freeform and gabber. Also Organ Donors and their hard dance? No thank you.

Also that's 14 acts right there, and this event has 2 rooms. If each of these acts gets an hour, that means the event is 7 hrs long already. If there's still a decent amount of lineup to be released, then some of these guys more than likely be playing B2B sets.

Rhythmics has yet to be announced, which is odd considering how his face has been buried deep inside all the FW ass he could find. They're probably holding back his name for the next lineup release.
trippnface ^ ya i am not impressed at all. seems like the US promotion team has way too much influence. HTID should have the resources to bring a wider variety? almost think sidewinder just said they could use the HTID name to promote. most of those names are local dj's... i can think of so many people they should/could bring . hope that next announcement is REALLY good or im going to feel ripped off honestly
brodster Seeing that lineup makes me somewhat glad that I haven't bought a ticket yet. Organ Donors? yuck. Some good artists on there but I am not really sold yet.
brodster Not really impressed with the lineup yet. I would love to see Scott Brown, Hixxy, and Nobody but I'm not sold yet. And Organ Donors? Yuck
Claxton I think that's an excellent lineup personally.
latininxtc
quote:
Originally posted by Claxton:
I think that's an excellent lineup personally.

Then I expect to see you there.

Dain-Ja I am going.
Claxton
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Claxton:
I think that's an excellent lineup personally.

Then I expect to see you there.

Haaa... Unfortunately I wouldn't be possible. I'm not allowed to take time off work and I would need too. And that would be assuming I could afford it ;)
trippnface wow.... absolutely not impressed. i don't beleive anybody outside of the US is actually involved in this HTID. i actually thought they were going to bring some new hardcore talent...instead its the same only people they bring all the time; who are all involved in producing the same new sound.. excluding scott brown. that last headliner better be fracus & darwin or al storm or im probly selling my ticket.. feel abused! </3
Claxton Fracus & Darwin added to the lineup!
djDMS Maybe they're not so thick after all!
latininxtc Yea I spoke to the guy helping run the event, or maybe he is running the whole thing, but it all came down to Fracus & Darwin getting their US VISA in time. This is the first time the duo has ever performed together in the US. I believe both of them have been here individually, but not together.
trippnface stoked ^.^
lurker Oli G! I take it they were looking for anyone who produced decent tunes and wouldn't need a flight, and he was the only one who fit the bill. Maybe some of the guys I don't recognize produce too, but I wouldn't know.
Still, wrong coast. :<
Bad Corey Flying in from Chicago for this with my girlfriend and four friends. Who all am I seeing there? :D
latininxtc
quote:
Originally posted by lurker:
Oli G! I take it they were looking for anyone who produced decent tunes and wouldn't need a flight, and he was the only one who fit the bill. Maybe some of the guys I don't recognize produce too, but I wouldn't know.
Still, wrong coast. :<

Wrong coast my ass. Would you rather travel 2000 miles to see these guys or 5000 miles and pay for a $1200 flight? Stop waiting for something interesting to come closer to your side of town and actually save up money to go to this.
djchexmixer
quote:
Flying in from Chicago for this with my girlfriend and four friends. Who all am I seeing there? :D

I'll be there for sure, going with my gf and two friends. Will you be doing any sightseeing in LA?
Bad Corey
quote:
Originally posted by djchexmixer:
quote:
Flying in from Chicago for this with my girlfriend and four friends. Who all am I seeing there? :D

I'll be there for sure, going with my gf and two friends. Will you be doing any sightseeing in LA?

Yeah, me, Evolutionize, CarlDj, my girlfriend, and our two friends will be there from the 16th.
trippnface i def wanna meet anybody showin up ^.^! still never had a successful happyhardcore.com meetup :p
Claxton This looked fantastic!
CDJay I seriously can't believe I missed that.

Next one, I am there. Would urge any and all to be similarly located.

CDJay
latininxtc
quote:
I seriously can't believe I missed that.

CDJay

Had you been there I would have flown to this!
AceofSpades_Lorenzo
quote:
I seriously can't believe I missed that.

CDJay

You'll probably harass me to go to the next one so yeah; I'll be there also ;)
trippnface i had a a great fkn time and all the sets were very good; got to meet fracus & darwin; and was able to randomly locate bad corey and retrieve his last mix that he brought... a seriously great night
Bad Corey Oh that was YOU that picked me out in the middle of the crowd? Sorry man, I could barely hear anything but the music haha. Cool to run into you, and hope you enjoy the cd! :)
trippnface
quote:
Oh that was YOU that picked me out in the middle of the crowd? Sorry man, I could barely hear anything but the music haha. Cool to run into you, and hope you enjoy the cd! :)

hell ya man! my intuition did me good on that one. had no clue how i was gunna find you and i was like **** it let's start with this group. lol ya place was poppin. raver vibes man. mix is boss; you rock dude; what a night; will cherish that copy forever!!

It took 3.72 ninja's to process this page!

HappyHardcore.com

1999 - 2024 HappyHardcore.com
audio: PRS for music. Build: 3.1.73.1

Go to top of page