Lost password
 Remember my login 
 All forums
 Music discussion - hardcore
 HTID USA
 Printer friendly
Page: 
of 6

All users can post new topics in this forum. All users can reply to topics in this forum

Author Thread  
_Jay_
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
6,868 posts
_Jay_ has attended 41 events
Posted - 2014/02/04 :  21:09:50  Show profile Send a private message  Visit _Jay_'s homepage

Interesting:

Hardcore ravers unite!!! This is such an exciting time for us! To answer the first question on everyone?s mind:

YES! This is real!!

HTID, the UK?s premier hardcore event series, is branching out to the USA! We can?t give away too much info just yet but location, dates, and all of that will be announced in the very near future! Please help us by spreading the word and keeping an eye on this page for more details!

https://www.facebook.com/htid.usa

Alert moderator
latininxtc
Advanced Member

United States
7,307 posts
latininxtc has attended 5 events
Posted - 2014/02/04 :  21:57:06  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit latininxtc's homepage
Interesting indeed, but depending on when it will be done, it could be a bit of an overkill. There's already a weekend hardcore event on the east coast, Massachusetts I believe, in May and one in Oregon in July. Anytime after that would be overkill. ALSo lots of racers flocking to EDC in June and Tomorrowworld in September or October.

I can't see them doing a whole week like ITS. And if the obvious ones make up the majority of the lineup, then I wouldn't consider going.

Alert moderator Go to top of page
CDJay
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
3,049 posts
Posted - 2014/02/04 :  22:19:55  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit CDJay's homepage
Wouldn't it be great if they talked to us?

Just sayin'

CDJay

djchexmixer

United States
363 posts
djchexmixer has attended 1 event
Posted - 2014/02/04 :  23:02:22  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit djchexmixer's homepage
The biggest Hardcore event I can remember that happened in Los Angeles was "Beyond the Beat" ... I don't remember the exact date, I was still in college so around 4+ years ago. Maybe more, now that I look at the line up.

The line up:
Area 1 (UK Hardcore):
Brisk and Ham
Gammer with MC Whizzkid
Kevin Energy
S3RL
Stormtrooper
Impact
Injured Rezz
D-Lyte

Area 2 (Drum and Bass/Breaks)
John B
Luna-C
Dylan
SPL
Loxy
Bexxie
Dead PA

It was at the Shrine Auditorium which is a pretty big venue out here, right smack dab in downtown LA. I knew several people who came from out of state for this event. .... danm good time...

First time I'm seeing this FB group.

Happy Dance Fusion Vol. 2:
https://soundcloud.com/dj-cruelcore-neo/happy-dance-fusion-vol-2

latininxtc
Advanced Member

United States
7,307 posts
Posted - 2014/02/04 :  23:05:54  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit latininxtc's homepage
quote:
Originally posted by CDJay:
Wouldn't it be great if they talked to us?

Just sayin'

CDJay

oh you know they don't care for y'all. Remember, you're just a little nothing label no ones ever heard of ;)

but I would so make it out there if y'all were there, but if they haven't spoken to you yet then sadly I don't see that happening.

if marc smith, Kurt and Joey riot as well as Scott brown are there I will highly consider it. But I don't know if I can deal with their insufferable MCs on home turf.

Bad Corey
Average Member

United States
235 posts
Posted - 2014/02/04 :  23:28:34  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Bad Corey's homepage
You know what would be wonderful? If this happened somewhere BESIDES one of the coasts. You know, like in Chicago, that giant Midwestern metropolis that no one from the hardcore scene ever seems to come to? Yeah, that'd be awesome.

warped_candykid
Advanced Member

United States
3,934 posts
warped_candykid has attended 5 events
Posted - 2014/02/04 :  23:55:52  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit warped_candykid's homepage
quote:
Originally posted by Bad Corey:
You know what would be wonderful? If this happened somewhere BESIDES one of the coasts. You know, like in Chicago, that giant Midwestern metropolis that no one from the hardcore scene ever seems to come to? Yeah, that'd be awesome.

Or Atlanta...so I wouldn't have to drive far.

latininxtc
Advanced Member

United States
7,307 posts
Posted - 2014/02/05 :  00:02:28  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit latininxtc's homepage
quote:
Originally posted by warped_candykid:
quote:

Or Atlanta...so I wouldn't have to drive far.

Screw driving. You might as well just fly there.

Usually when djs come over here in the US it all comes down to the promoters and where the scene is at. Promoters who actually follow UK hardcore closely are few and far between in the US, so it's no surprise that most of them go to Seattle, California, Phoenix, New England area, and New York. If this is all run by the HTID crew by themselves, they could play it safe and hold it in one of those areas, guaranteeing numbers, or they could take it somewhere more economical or with less red tape.

maddkid53

United States
90 posts
maddkid53 has attended 2 events
Posted - 2014/02/05 :  08:57:57  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit maddkid53's homepage
Oh boy oh boy!

Triquatra

United Kingdom
12,635 posts
Triquatra is a site donation subscriber Triquatra has attended 26 events
Posted - 2014/02/05 :  09:42:35  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Triquatra's homepage
Scott Brown played in Bloomington, IL and it was packed out, whilst I lived there...
Maybe some of it comes down perception of America - in the UK I think generally you think of "where the party be at" in the states I think the generalisation is that it's on the coasts, for sure the coasts have always been more accepting of dance music than other areas in the US...

AceofSpades_Lorenzo
Average Member

United States
241 posts
Posted - 2014/02/05 :  12:48:02  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit AceofSpades_Lorenzo's homepage
quote:

Corey, we all know that'd most likely never happen :x

Closest thing we'll ever get is. Da Lollipop Kidz which will be here April 18th ;)

Edited by - AceofSpades_Lorenzo on 2014/02/05 12:49:47
_Jay_
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
6,868 posts
Posted - 2014/02/05 :  12:58:29  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit _Jay_'s homepage

I would definitely consider tying in a US Hardcore event if I decided to do a holiday to The States. Be very interesting to experience the different rave culture.

Are the bars stocked properly at US events?

latininxtc
Advanced Member

United States
7,307 posts
Posted - 2014/02/05 :  14:53:12  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit latininxtc's homepage
quote:
Originally posted by _Jay_:

I would definitely consider tying in a US Hardcore event if I decided to do a holiday to The States. Be very interesting to experience the different rave culture.

Are the bars stocked properly at US events?

not the ones I went to, with the exception of one that was at an actual club or club like vicinity. The one in TN I went to only had beer, and I don't recall the meridian here in Houston having a wide selection of stuff.

honestly though drinks will be cheap for you here most beers and mixed drinks will be $5 max. Which is probably about 3 quid for you.

Edited by - latininxtc on 2014/02/05 15:07:25
_Jay_
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
6,868 posts
Posted - 2014/02/05 :  17:28:56  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit _Jay_'s homepage
There is also an HTID Australia now....with 13 likes.....kewelll...

SaucePotSexton

United Kingdom
30 posts
SaucePotSexton has attended 8 events
Posted - 2014/02/05 :  17:33:29  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit SaucePotSexton's homepage
That last post was me not Jamie!!! I didn't realise he was logged in on my laptop!!! oops!! :D

latininxtc
Advanced Member

United States
7,307 posts
Posted - 2014/02/05 :  18:04:09  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit latininxtc's homepage
quote:
Originally posted by _Jay_:
There is also an HTID Australia now....with 13 likes.....kewelll...

I wonder if they're stupid enough to forget to book Brisk. The answer to that is more than likely yes!

New PostPost Reply
Topic is 6 pages long: 1  2  3  4  5  6
 Printer friendly
  Verified artist
   Donating member How to donate

It took 1.81 ninja's to process this page!

HappyHardcore.com

1999 - 2024 HappyHardcore.com
audio: PRS for music. Build: 3.1.73.1

Go to top of page