Radio listeners 187+
Email Us!
Username: Password:

Lost password
 Remember my login 
 All forums
 Music discussion - hardcore
 Helter Skelter sets

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is free.

Screensize:
Username:
Password:
Format: Strike Sup Sub BigChar Align Left Align Right Pre Teletype Moving Text Insert Horizontal Rule Highlight (Yellow)
Bold Italicized Underline Centered Insert Hyperlink Insert Email Insert Image Insert Code Insert Quote Insert List Insert Smilie Spell Check Youtube embed Soundcloud embed Mixcloud embed Bandcamp embed

Message Icon:
* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON

Mode:
Check here to include your profile signature.

T O P I C     R E V I E W
Mickey Init Does anyone still listen to tape packs? Most sets are on YouTube nowadays, which makes life slightly easier when trying to listen to a few back-to-back.

Anyhow, what are your top three Helter Skelter tapes/sets? I'm feeling nostalgic!
Gazza1712 I've got most the helter skelter hardcore 12 packs from 1996 including the void club tour in Stoke from 1998 I think, so hard to pick my top 3 sets but hixxy imagination New Year's Eve 1997, he plays loads of tracks in this set and some quick mixes, then any sy set really, sy never played a bad set, his decadance set from October 1999 was class.
Mickey Init Funny you should mention Imagination. It was the Supreme set from that event that inspired the post. But, yes, the Hixxy set is boss.
The Sy Energy 97 & 98 sets are amazing, too!
Mickey Init
quote:
Originally posted by Gazza1712:
his decadance set from October 1999 was class.

Yes! Those 99 sets where he used to cain All I Need!
Gazza1712 I'm going to listen to the supreme set from imagination right now, I've been listening to a lot of hardcore heaven sets from 1996 today, mc storm was brilliant back then,
Mickey Init How was the Supreme set? The bit round about half way (Side 1>Side 2) is sweet in't it? There's about 4 or 5 bangers one after the other.
Hard2Get
quote:
Does anyone still listen to tape packs? Most sets are on YouTube nowadays, which makes life slightly easier when trying to listen to a few back-to-back.

95% of them are of an unlistenable sound quality though. Nothing like listening to the actual tapes.
But yes, i do still listen to them. It's my favourite way to listen to Hardcore although my tolerance for MC's isn't what it used to be.
Craigavon raver Yeah I have a few tape packs but I haven't listened to any in years! as I don't have a tape deck anymore! would love to get my hands on a tape deck to blast a few out for old times sake
Mickey Init
quote:
Originally posted by Hard2Get:
95% of them are of an unlistenable sound quality though.

Yeah, agreed. It's just I kept bringing my tapes and vinyl along with me every time I moved house. It became a real pain in the arse so in the end I just sent them back to me ma's and I now make do with YouTube. Not the same, agreed, but it meets a need.

quote:
Originally posted by Craigavon raver:
would love to get my hands on a tape deck to blast a few out for old times sake

ebay, lad. I bought a Technics one about 3 years ago just to listen to the aforementioned tapes. It cost me a fiver and the thing would survive a plane crash. I spent more on tube fare going to pick it up but the thing is faultless.

What's the format these days? Do they still do CDs or is it purchasable mp3s? I see some
DJs put quite a few up on SoundCloud.
Gazza1712 Loved that supreme set, also listened to dj vibes New Year's Eve progression set, that's a brilliant set.
MC Deecee Not sure how easy itll be to find as it was posted a good while ago, but on facebook theres a group called something like 'who wants helter skelter to return' and in that group somewhere tjeres a post that has links to download every single set from every helter event ever, Ill see if I can find the link.
MC Deecee Found it, logged into my gmail account on this freshly built PC and all my bookmarks from ages ago came back :)

https://www.facebook.com/notes/who-wants-helter-skelter-to-return/helter-skelter-mp3-packs/550455191682638
Captain Triceps
quote:
Originally posted by MC Deecee:
Found it, logged into my gmail account on this freshly built PC and all my bookmarks from ages ago came back :)

https://www.facebook.com/notes/who-wants-helter-skelter-to-return/helter-skelter-mp3-packs/550455191682638

Pissflaps. The content isn't available :(
Thumpa My 3 favourite Skelter sets:

Brisk @ Anthology March 97 with an amazing MC Storm, literally the best hour of music I've ever heard

Kenny Ken & Stevie Hyper D @ Energy 97, so so good

Scorpio @ Human Nature June 98, great time for the Technodrome, every tape from this pack is spot on
MC Deecee
quote:
Originally posted by Captain Triceps:
quote:
Found it, logged into my gmail account on this freshly built PC and all my bookmarks from ages ago came back :)

I believe you need to be a member of the group in order to get to it mate.
Captain Triceps
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Captain Triceps:
quote:

I believe you need to be a member of the group in order to get to it mate.

I swear I was a member? It's pending now anyway. Cheers!
Mickey Init
quote:
Originally posted by Thumpa:
My 3 favourite Skelter sets:

Brisk @ Anthology March 97 with an amazing MC Storm, literally the best hour of music I've ever heard

Kenny Ken & Stevie Hyper D @ Energy 97, so so good

Scorpio @ Human Nature June 98, great time for the Technodrome, every tape from this pack is spot on

Yeah I agree with you on that Brisk set. It has that Bass-D & King Matthew remix of "The Key To Your Heart" on it, which I've not heard on any other set before.

Do you prefer that Human Nature Technodrome pack to the Energy '99 one?
Captain Triceps 7,287 members of that group and my membership is still fucking pending...
Captain Triceps 'kin hell, it's only just been approved. I'd forgotten about it completely!
Gazza1712 Anyone remember the little half hour sets that Magika and stixmann done as black magic at helter skelter. Where they went over to drum n bass and had a really bad female vocalist with them on there sets?
Captain Triceps
quote:
Originally posted by Gazza1712:
Anyone remember the little half hour sets that Magika and stixmann done as black magic at helter skelter. Where they went over to drum n bass and had a really bad female vocalist with them on there sets?

I've still got a CD somewhere that came free with a magazine, I don't remember finding it particularly great though.
Si Thompson Been listening to a lot of older Skelter sets of late.

Both September/December 1993 events
Both April/September 1994 events
The Past, Present And The Future - 1995

Too many sets to pick a favourite but i particularly like the following.

Seduction @ Anthology - 1997
Dj Vibes @ Energy '98 - 1998
Dj Vibes @ Timeless - 1998
Dj Vibes @ Nightlife - 1999
Dj Sy @ Lost In Music - 1999
Dj Vibes @ The Millennium Jam - NYE 1999

There's loads more..
SmashingTheSirens My Top 3...

DJ Clarkee - Keep The Fire Burning 95'. My gateway tape! This was the one where for me it all began for me. A copied tape off of mate that I never returned! MC Sharkey is on top form too with some classic lines. Clarkees selection is top notch, I can never get bored of this tape. Strangely enough I couldn't really get into hardcore techno after this, I love this tape and pretty much nothing else Technodrome related!

DJ Supreme - Imagination NYE 96-97. As eluded to, a fine example of hardcore around that time. This was the first tape pack I actually saved up to buy (?20.99!). Tune after tune, it's the vibe and atmosphere I love about this tape as well as the anthems and MC Ronnie G does a proper good job hyping the crowd. It's a timeless classic. This tape pack has many classic sets, Ramos, Bunter, Vibes, Vinylgroover, Hixxy and DJ Dance are all brilliantly different in their own ways

Billy Bunter - Odyssey 96. Another classic. I love this time period for hardcore and Bunter with Magika and Stixman on mic. Epic. Just a varied selection, some darker tunes and some utter cheese too. I highly recommend this tape, one of the best.

There's a few that missed out, DJ Sy's Millennium Jam and The Final Count Down.

It took 1.11 ninja's to process this page!

HappyHardcore.com

1999 - 2024 HappyHardcore.com
audio: PRS for music. Build: 3.1.73.1

Go to top of page