Radio listeners 178+
Email Us!
Username: Password:

Lost password
 Remember my login 
 All forums
 Music discussion - hardcore
 Douchebags To Begin Creating Hardcore

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is free.

Screensize:
Username:
Password:
Format: Strike Sup Sub BigChar Align Left Align Right Pre Teletype Moving Text Insert Horizontal Rule Highlight (Yellow)
Bold Italicized Underline Centered Insert Hyperlink Insert Email Insert Image Insert Code Insert Quote Insert List Insert Smilie Spell Check Youtube embed Soundcloud embed Mixcloud embed Bandcamp embed

Message Icon:
* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON

Mode:
Check here to include your profile signature.

T O P I C     R E V I E W
latininxtc So a US promoter posted a pic of this instagram post showing DJ Carnage, Will Sparks, and Headhunterz in what looks like a hotel room and announcing themselves as a new happy hardcore group.

https://www.instagram.com/p/-dfSC_Ic08/

Gammer also mentioned it but didn't give any clear indication on what his feelings about this are, but I'm sure he's ecstatic considering his sound has leaned more towards other styles.

I just think it's an odd move for all 3 of them, especially Headhunterz, since there's really not much to be made in hardcore with the exception of a select few djs and producers. Perhaps it's just a one-off experimental thing just for shits and giggles.

What I find most comical are the reponses on both post, saying they're going to take the genre mainstream and whatnot. News Flash: djs/producers like Gammer and Darren Styles have been doing that! Especially DS with is stupidly watered-down hardcore sets at EDC. They want to put the blame on these 3 guys yet avoid altogether who will actually be responsible if this is the current trend that the genre will be going.

For me, I feel unaffected because there's plenty of diversity elsewhere besides the FW/TWR folk and those who produce tracks like them. HU keeps me pretty happy, and so long as they don't fully embrace this move, I'll stick around.
wong headhunterz i've heard of...

who the f*ck are the other 2?
versia Probably just a joke or a one off experimental thing, I can't see any of the kandi kid-friendly raves in the US, or the general hardcore raves in the UK booking these guys. Probs just a one off thing for Tomorrowland or some shit like that.
jordesuvi This sounds awesome. If this is serious and the song ends up being good, count me as a fan.

quote:

@Wong: Carnage is primarily a trap DJ but often dabbles in hardstyle and hard house in his DJ sets.
He's also the guy the EDM community is ripping on for an embarrassing studio tutorial, essentially exposing him to be a fraud.
Link to clip for the lazy: https://youtu.be/nwGE1vfGs4g

And Will Sparks is primarily a melbourne bounce DJ.
djDMS I'll wait and see what happens before I pass judgement.

Could be interesting, could be abysmal.
trippnface appears to be satire imo
Elliott
quote:
Originally posted by jordesuvi:
quote:

@Wong: Carnage is primarily a trap DJ but often dabbles in hardstyle and hard house in his DJ sets.
He's also the guy the EDM community is ripping on for an embarrassing studio tutorial, essentially exposing him to be a fraud.
Link to clip for the lazy: https://youtu.be/nwGE1vfGs4g

Smoking crack makes you very very way more stupid.

The whole Carnage debacle is hilarious. Cracked software, presets, failure to understand the basic functions of FL Studio, no real clue about mixing.. And then there's the million dollar question of why he ever thought it was a good idea to release that video. It was nothing less than career suicide. Just goes to show how far you can go in EDM with absolutely no talent at all.
ViolonC Just goes to show how far you can go in EDM with absolutely no talent at all ghost productions. Or a good promoter.
Guest word, what all the spazziez gonna do gonna do when they get a m-audio air and map all the controls to most vst midi inputs and save the settings to 128 bank, and then record what they play and move some hardware controls and have to put up with this shit

when the should have all the options of gross beat editor init blud

Jacco
Guest good job it aint no drum n bass forum

all dem niggaz be robbing rice in london riots init would be crying

Triquatra I'm confused.....

....are you saying douchebags weren't making it before?

;)
Guest they make drum n bass, just the middleclass if your a brit

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Douchebag
latininxtc
quote:
Originally posted by Triquatra:
I'm confused.....

....are you saying douchebags weren't making it before?

;)

Well of course not! There are douchebags that have always made hardcore! It's just these particular douchebags are doing it for the very first time!
Ravemark
quote:
Originally posted by latininxtc:
So a US promoter posted a pic of this instagram post showing DJ Carnage, Will Sparks, and Headhunterz in what looks like a hotel room and announcing themselves as a new happy hardcore group.

Gammer also mentioned it but didn't give any clear indication on what his feelings about this are, but I'm sure he's ecstatic considering his sound has leaned more towards other styles.

I just think it's an odd move for all 3 of them, especially Headhunterz, since there's really not much to be made in hardcore with the exception of a select few djs and producers. Perhaps it's just a one-off experimental thing just for shits and giggles.

What I find most comical are the reponses on both post, saying they're going to take the genre mainstream and whatnot. News Flash: djs/producers like Gammer and Darren Styles have been doing that! Especially DS with is stupidly watered-down hardcore sets at EDC. They want to put the blame on these 3 guys yet avoid altogether who will actually be responsible if this is the current trend that the genre will be going.

For me, I feel unaffected because there's plenty of diversity elsewhere besides the FW/TWR folk and those who produce tracks like them. HU keeps me pretty happy, and so long as they don't fully embrace this move, I'll stick around.

They are probably just joking around. But these guys definitely have the talent to make well produced Hardcore tracks.
DjZelous
quote:
Originally posted by Ravemark:
quote:
Originally posted by latininxtc:
So a US promoter posted a pic of this instagram post showing DJ Carnage, Will Sparks, and Headhunterz in what looks like a hotel room and announcing themselves as a new happy hardcore group.

They are probably just joking around. But these guys definitely have the talent to make well produced Hardcore tracks.

Uhhhhhhhhh, no.
latininxtc
quote:
Originally posted by Ravemark:
But these guys definitely have the talent to make well produced Hardcore tracks.

Ravemark Haha I guess you guys think otherwise then. We'll soon find out if they are any good if they produce one.
ChavDestroyer If this is legit then I'm happy I got back into producing Happy Hardcore
Hopefully I'll be half decent at it by the time Headhunterz releases a track and I can make a name for myself before it goes back to mainstream (extremely wishful thinking but I can dream right)
rafferty I'm well into Hardstyle at the moment. Headhunterz sounds more like real Hardcore than all that candy shit some of you like to listen too.
If most of those Dutch Hardstyle djs made their music 10 beats faster it would be classified as Hardcore anyway.

Samination Put a donk on it
quote:
I'm well into Hardstyle at the moment. Headhunterz sounds more like real Hardcore than all that candy shit some of you like to listen too.
If most of those Dutch Hardstyle djs made their music 10 beats faster it would be classified as Hardcore anyway.

no it would`nt hardstyle is pants and died, hardcore made a come back because it ditched industrial etc from big events, so raw style was invented, which is just the same as 165 bpm hardcore that has been around for 10 years, just raw style has a longer distortion on kicks with a bit of timestretching

there was 6 years of every hardstyle track using the same melody and lead
Guest probably the start of hardstyle dying

Triquatra Creepy at 0.03.
ChavDestroyer ^ I thought that was the golden era for hardstyle. I guess it became too soft for the old fans but not soft enough to gain new mainstream fans so people started loosing interest
trippnface
haha i just scope a recent headhunterz set and it sounds like boring ass festival music to me lol
what hardstyle?

**wow looking back though; hardstyle is much better than powerstomp.
and i'm not really a fan.
which brings me to a mildly related point....

if M project is dj chucky i just dont understand why dj chucky didn't sign to lethal theory and m project did.... dj chucky has always been a hardstyle/gabber dj ....clearly viable dj for lethal theory.... m project is a j core / makina dj... and now we get neither from him. bad marketing. he should really get back to the makina and j core; blew the powerstomp out of the water. shoud of kept m project signed to a real hardcore label
DJ D-Luc-D
quote:
Originally posted by trippnface:

if M project is dj chucky i just dont understand why dj chucky didn't sign to lethal theory and m project did.... dj chucky has always been a hardstyle/gabber dj ....clearly viable dj for lethal theory.... m project is a j core / makina dj... and now we get neither from him. bad marketing. he should really get back to the makina and j core; blew the powerstomp out of the water. shoud of kept m project signed to a real hardcore label

For a while M-Project has been a lot more active than DJ CHUCKY. Plus, I can't say I like most of the Powerstomp he makes, but I definitely think that labelling them M-Project tracks is better suited. Makina and Powerstomp are both bouncy and upbeat, and his idea of "Makinastomp" seems to be gaining momentum even if it does resemble Powerstomp more. :P
ViolonC Alex Prospect is signed to LT and he rarely does Powerstomp. And that's probably a good thing.
Samination What's this about LT only being powerstomp? 2 out of the 3 latest albums has been powerstomp, It's not it's 6 out of 7 or something (leave that to REDALiCE, almost all of his albums has been Touhou remix albums).
rafferty
quote:
Originally posted by Guest:
quote:
I'm well into Hardstyle at the moment. Headhunterz sounds more like real Hardcore than all that candy shit some of you like to listen too.

no it would`nt hardstyle is pants and died, hardcore made a come back because it ditched industrial etc from big events, so raw style was invented, which is just the same as 165 bpm hardcore that has been around for 10 years, just raw style has a longer distortion on kicks with a bit of timestretching

there was 6 years of every hardstyle track using the same melody and lead

Hardstyle dead? Are you serious? Rawstyle is pretty much what everyone classifies as Hardstyle these days. Headhunterz radio show Hard with Style is pretty much all raw kick Hardstyle. If you want to know two genres that are actually dead for real, it is Hard Trance and Hard Dance.

They got knocked out of the ball park by the new Hardstyle. When you have an uplifting melody, a hard as fark raw kick and great vocals. No other Hard edged dance genre has been able to compete.

Defqon Netherlands which is all pretty much all raw edged Hardstlye sold 50,000 plus tickets in hours. Now you tell me how a genre getting crowds like that is dieing?

We can only wish to get crowds like that at raves in the UK these days.
Samination you say hard trance is dead, he says hardstyle is dead... and I trust none of you :P
Guest hardstyle did`nt die like drum & bass is dead, it died as in taking a big slump in events and people going, because they all went off to hardcore

hardcore was never at hardstyle events, besides defqon, they now both go hand in hand with each other at most big events around europe

godskitchen is still going too http://godskitchen.com/

q-dance had mostly hardcore events listed for 4 years http://www.q-dance.com/global/en/
then you have art of dance http://www.artofdance.nl/events/
Elliott
quote:
Originally posted by rafferty:
They got knocked out of the ball park by the new Hardstyle. When you have an uplifting melody, a hard as fark raw kick and great vocals. No other Hard edged dance genre has been able to compete.

Modern hardstyle smashes it. UK hardcore could do with taking a leaf out of their book melody-wise.

A lot of hardstyle from the last few years reminds me of everything I originally loved about UK hardcore but with a distorted kick.
trippnface someone explain what i am seeing here?

those comments though.
you see; this is why we have genre problems...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jsvmcMbMe-0
Guest hardstyle

rawstyle

uk/happy hardcore

hardcore

"nu skool" industrial hardcore

"old skool" industrial hardcore

frenchcore

Claxton I thought for a moment you had made the jump into production there Latin.
latininxtc
quote:
Originally posted by Claxton:
I thought for a moment you had made the jump into production there Latin.

congratulations on taking 7 days to come up with that joke!

It took 2.2 ninja's to process this page!

HappyHardcore.com

1999 - 2024 HappyHardcore.com
audio: PRS for music. Build: 3.1.73.1

Go to top of page