Printer friendly
Page: 
of 11

Author Thread  
D-tor
Advanced Member

United States
1,143 posts
Posted - 2013/04/14 :  17:01:54  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit D-tor's homepage  Reply with quote
YESSSSSS

Alert moderator Go to top of page
jimmyhypa

United Kingdom
360 posts
jimmyhypa has attended 1 event
Posted - 2013/04/14 :  17:37:33  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit jimmyhypa's homepage  Reply with quote
I'll download later on.

Facebook

Twitter

Ken Masters
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
3,447 posts
Posted - 2013/04/14 :  18:37:45  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Ken Masters's homepage  Reply with quote
All feedback is much appreciated people!

Please take the time to let us know what you think and any suggestions you may have for next years album :)

Vladel
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,514 posts
Posted - 2013/04/14 :  19:07:31  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Vladel's homepage  Reply with quote
it says i have to sign up to download

DJ Hellfury
Advanced Member

Austria
2,237 posts
DJ Hellfury has attended 7 events
Posted - 2013/04/14 :  20:00:28  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit DJ Hellfury's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by Fire Shadow:

Please take the time to let us know what you think and any suggestions you may have for next years album :)

I may sound too harsh but I'm not a fan of included wallpaper, it looks like someone spend some time in paint first to arrange the pics randomly and then placed one default photoshop effect over it, one per file each (there are 3 wallpapers actually).

Front cover is a matter of taste: imo. there are too many fonts at once. Background is decent.

And at top right corner: The happyhardcore.com logo. Someone just copied the original logo and placed it without further editing into this picture. Well, for those familiar with photoshop: Why not using at least Magic Wand tool to cut out font, place a (black) Layer Outglow and place the outcoming layer with 70~% "Overlay" somewhere better matching?

The tunes are overall nice and clean, like the varity (Was just browsing through a bit, will have a full listen to all tunes later).

quote:
Originally posted by Vladel:
it says i have to sign up to download

Tri posted a site with accounts + PWs on first page.

Hardcore Shows Soundcloud
Hellfury Soundcloud
Label Bandcamp

Edited by - DJ Hellfury on 2013/04/14 20:06:39
Spyanova

United Kingdom
115 posts
Spyanova has attended 1 event
Posted - 2013/04/14 :  20:43:19  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Spyanova's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by DJ Hellfury:
quote:

And at top right corner: The happyhardcore.com logo. Someone just copied the original logo and placed it without further editing into this picture. Well, for those familiar with photoshop: Why not using at least Magic Wand tool to cut out font, place a (black) Layer Outglow and place the outcoming layer with 70~% "Overlay" somewhere better matching?

You're focusing too much on the art - especially since it's sat on this thread pre-release for weeks. You could have given some constructive feedback then.

For anyone who ACTUALLY knows a thing or two about Photoshop, ignore Hellfury and just increase the contrast of the logo and chnage it's Transparency type to "Lighten". Quicker and tidier. (Or even quicker still, ignore Hellfury and his petulance all together!)

The artwork fits the bill. As with all of Josephs art it lacks the basic principles of design but not so much so as to ruin it, but there's no point even discussing artwork.

The music is a breathe of fresh air. Lots of various styles and stuff, which is great to hear! Well done!!

Ken Masters
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
3,447 posts
Posted - 2013/04/14 :  21:03:21  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Ken Masters's homepage  Reply with quote
Considering this is also a completely free project then I hope the more artistic ones out there can look beyond this & appreciate what the album is all about, the love of the music :)

Edited by - Ken Masters on 2013/04/14 22:53:49
DJ Hellfury
Advanced Member

Austria
2,237 posts
Posted - 2013/04/14 :  21:13:41  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit DJ Hellfury's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by Spyanova:
You could have given some constructive feedback then.

So telling an example workflow is not an constructive feedback? The top right logo looks just popped in, there isnt even an outline.

quote:
For anyone who ACTUALLY knows a thing or two about Photoshop, ignore Hellfury and just increase the contrast of the logo and chnage it's Transparency type to "Lighten". Quicker and tidier. (Or even quicker still, ignore Hellfury and his petulance all together!)

I have the feeling that you are somehow unnecessary mad at me and now try to frantically push down all opinions I have (even when it means to ignore facts (see below), so you can act like a well-known Photoshop-God), maybe that's why you tried to troll in my latest vid thread.

Get over it, whatever I said to you over the internet, please

quote:
As with all of Josephs art it lacks the basic principles of design but not so much so as to ruin it, but there's no point even discussing artwork.

I'm curious so please send me multiple sources where it is written that more than three different fonts are allowed or classified as professional. As far as I know, more than three different fons arent matching [1], [2], [3].

And yes, the artwork isnt a big deal in the end, but fire shadow asked for all kind of feedback, and I made comments about the first obvious one: artwork.

quote:
Considering this is also a completely free project then I hope the more artistic ones out there can look beyond this & appreciate what the album is all about, the love of the music.

I'm not making a big deal out of it man, I know how hard it is to manage a project. Music comes first, just leaved two comments about artwork because you asked for feedback in general. :)

Hellfury Soundcloud
Label Bandcamp

Edited by - DJ Hellfury on 2013/04/14 21:23:17
Ken Masters
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
3,447 posts
Posted - 2013/04/14 :  21:27:17  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Ken Masters's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:

quote:
Considering this is also a completely free project then I hope the more artistic ones out there can look beyond this & appreciate what the album is all about, the love of the music.

I'm not making a big deal out of it man, I know how hard it is to manage a project. Music comes first, just leaved two comments about artwork because you asked for feedback in general. :)

..& I completely take that onboard mate :)

There's been some snags along the way but overall a fulfilling project to be part of & I hope you enjoy the music :)

Spyanova

United Kingdom
115 posts
Spyanova has attended 1 event
Posted - 2013/04/14 :  21:30:48  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Spyanova's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by DJ Hellfury:
quote:
You could have given some constructive feedback then.

So telling an example workflow is not an constructive feedback? The top right logo looks just popped in, there isnt even an outline.

I'm saying it's not as constructive anymore, because it's been released. You had weeks to pitch your thoughts before release!

quote:

quote:

I have the feeling that you are somehow unnecessary mad at me and now try to frantically push down all opinions I have (even when it means to ignore facts (see below), so you can act like a well-known Photoshop-God), maybe that's why you tried to troll in my latest vid thread.

Get over it, whatever I said to you over the internet, please

You've not said anything to me! You are just come across as a very arrogant and dislikable person across the web, and pretty much every post you make grinds on me. I think maybe it's because you've posted a couple of threads your ego is a bit bloated. Your posts come across like you're opinion is the only one that matters, regardless of disrespect or relevance. Since we're pulling up references, I find it very disrespectful to start comparing artists, and saying on a thread "Yeah I like this, but I like this better" is a prime example of that.

quote:

quote:
As with all of Josephs art it lacks the basic principles of design but not so much so as to ruin it, but there's no point even discussing artwork.

I'm curious so please send me multiple sources where it is written that more than three different fonts are allowed or classified as professional. As far as I know, more than three different fons arent matching [1], [2], [3].

What? I never said it was allowed. In fact, it's normally the principle that more than 2 display fonts are frowned upon. I was also referring to the amount of fonts when I said basic principles were lacking.

And I am a Photoshop-God.

Ken Masters
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
3,447 posts
Posted - 2013/04/14 :  21:45:43  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Ken Masters's homepage  Reply with quote
For anyone having trouble downloading through 4shared i've now added another download link with many more to follow.

I haven't used 4shared for quite some time now but always remembered it being reliable & featuring the download counter, obviously having to sign up just to download isn't ideal though.

DJ Hellfury
Advanced Member

Austria
2,237 posts
Posted - 2013/04/14 :  21:52:43  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit DJ Hellfury's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
I'm saying it's not as constructive anymore, because it's been released. You had weeks to pitch your thoughts before release!

It's not constructive feedback anymore just because I released my thoughts to the end product Interesting point of view.

quote:
You've not said anything to me! You are just come across as a very arrogant and dislikable person across the web, and pretty much every post you make grinds on me. I think maybe it's because you've posted a couple of threads your ego is a bit bloated.

I guess you need to rethink everything you just typed just now. My ego is bloated because I created topics? You are even mad when you see me suggesting tunes?

Dude... are you serious? ^^ I'm an adult, not some teenager anymore. I try to deliver informations for you guys, about CD releases, not more. If you get mad about that I really don't know what to say.

quote:
...our posts come across like you're opinion is the only one that matters, regardless of disrespect or relevance. Since we're pulling up references, I find it very disrespectful to start comparing artists, and saying on a thread "Yeah I like this, but I like this better" is a prime example of that.

Why do you think that I disrespect other opinions? I'm not thinking that way, ever. Sorry if I made you believe that, but it's not true.

quote:
What? I never said it was allowed. In fact, it's normally the principle that more than 2 display fonts are frowned upon. I was also referring to the amount of fonts when I said basic principles were lacking.

But you made it look like it's ok to use more than three fonts for one cover. It is a matter of fact that more than three fonts are not looking professional.

quote:
And I am a Photoshop-God.

So, you judge about me, telling me arrogant e.g. and now you pull this one off.
Very clever! You do what you actually criticized about me some minutes ago.

quote:
For anyone having trouble downloading through 4shared i've now added another download link with many more to follow.

It would have been ok to add tri's site with accounts & passwords imo. :)

Hellfury Soundcloud
Label Bandcamp

Edited by - DJ Hellfury on 2013/04/14 22:51:27
Ionosphere
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
3,750 posts
Ionosphere is verified hardcore artist
Posted - 2013/04/14 :  22:09:54  Show profile View artist profile  Send a private message  Visit Ionosphere's homepage  Reply with quote
To whom it may concern -

As a token of respect and consideration to all those who have given freely of their time and effort in the creation of this free album.

Would you think it unreasonable to ask that instead of cluttering this post you take your arguments elsewhere?

....and possibly be kind enough to edit your posts and remove the paragraphs of quotes and personal grievance before you do? Thank you. :)

This- http://www.discogs.com/artist/Ionosphere

THIS - http://soundcloud.com/ionosphere

VIDEO - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5nYWkHCkaho

djDMS
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
10,304 posts

572 hardcore releases
djDMS has donated money to the site djDMS has attended 43 events
Posted - 2013/04/14 :  22:51:41  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit djDMS's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by Ionosphere:
To whom it may concern -

As a token of respect and consideration to all those who have given freely of their time and effort in the creation of this free album.

Would you think it unreasonable to ask that instead of cluttering this post you take your arguments elsewhere?

....and possibly be kind enough to edit your posts and remove the paragraphs of quotes and personal grievance before you do? Thank you. :)

Here here!

For those among us who appear to be up themselves, save your opinions for something relevant.

DJ Hellfury
Advanced Member

Austria
2,237 posts
Posted - 2013/04/14 :  22:57:02  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit DJ Hellfury's homepage  Reply with quote
Well, at least I see this little debate as ended because of his last sentence. ;)

And spy, if you still want to talk, send a PM from now on so this thread stays clean, again.

Ps: editing posts with my smartphone is a nightmare...

Hellfury Soundcloud
Label Bandcamp

Edited by - DJ Hellfury on 2013/04/14 23:04:07

New PostPost Reply
Topic is 11 pages long: 1  2  3  4  5  ... 7  8  9  10  11
 Printer friendly
  Verified artist
   Donating member How to donate

It took 1.58 ninja's to process this page!

HappyHardcore.com

1999 - 2024 HappyHardcore.com
audio: PRS for music. Build: 3.1.73.1

Go to top of page