Printer friendly
Page: 
of 2

Author Thread  
HKLPanda
Starting Member

Canada
14 posts
Posted - 2002/04/06 :  02:11:35  Show profile  Send a private message  Reply with quote
Hey Silver,

Have to agree, if I had a dollar for every time I've heard the Shooting Star rewind (somtimes up to 3 times in one set, yeesh) I'd be a very rich boy. Actually, it was funny when I saw Brisk and Ham live, and when Charlie B stopped Shooting Star for the rewind, Ham just shook his head in shame.

And yes, Sy's scratching over mixing is one of the coolest things I've ever heard. Has he done it live? I think I've only heard it on Bonkers so I figured he might be getting a little computer help because it seemed that at some points he was scratching right through the entire mix between two songs and I didn't think that was possible.

Alert moderator Go to top of page
M.C Menace

United Kingdom
123 posts
Posted - 2002/04/06 :  03:25:49  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit M.C Menace's homepage  Reply with quote
Whats an MC. ha ha Only joking. I luv MCing it gets the crowd up and jumping. As for scratchin. I luv it to.

M.C Menace - were raving from 7 till 11 were ravin in a hardcore heaven

http://www.happyhardcoreppl.maketrouble.co.uk/

M.C Menace - were raving from 7 till 11 were ravin in a hardcore heaven

DiamondDog

United Kingdom
250 posts

12 hardcore releases
DiamondDog has attended 3 events
Posted - 2002/04/06 :  10:15:00  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit DiamondDog's homepage  Reply with quote
I've got loadsof tapes with Sy scratching live on them, I think he does it over all his sets. On Bonkers he uses 3 decks so he can scratch over the mixes, obviously he's not as good as me at it though...

Would Tommy Kirkwood, and Lynne come to the surge tent out front immediately, this is proper urgent.

Every Tuesday 8-9.

Stomping as you like.

DJ Mouse
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
2,687 posts
DJ Mouse has attended 1 event
Posted - 2002/04/06 :  12:51:17  Show profile  Send a private message  Reply with quote
i mix on 3 decks,and it's a real buzz like sunrize said to be able to scratch on top of a mix. but what really gets me going is beatmatching all 3 at once.it's not easy but when you have them all perfect it rocks! hixxy does it on bonkers 1 at one point but it's a little sloppy.

--------------------------------------------------
DJ Mouse - "Winning a war doesn't determine who's right.... winning determines who's left"

DiamondDog

United Kingdom
250 posts

12 hardcore releases
DiamondDog has attended 3 events
Posted - 2002/04/06 :  13:58:42  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit DiamondDog's homepage  Reply with quote
Hixxy's mixing on Bonkers 1 is terrible, if that was mine I would be ashamed, not one is in time properly and although he plays good tunes on that CD his mixing and scratching completely ruin it for me.

Would Tommy Kirkwood, and Lynne come to the surge tent out front immediately, this is proper urgent.

Every Tuesday 8-9.

Stomping as you like.

New PostPost Reply
Topic is 2 pages long: 1  2
 Printer friendly
  Verified artist
   Donating member How to donate

It took 0.8 ninja's to process this page!

HappyHardcore.com

1999 - 2024 HappyHardcore.com
audio: PRS for music. Build: 3.1.73.1

Go to top of page