Page: 
of 4

Author Thread  
Midway_raver
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,032 posts
Midway_raver has attended 2 events
Posted - 2002/04/26 :  15:26:48  Show profile  Send a private message  Reply with quote
"breakcore, trancore, happy hardcore!!" its confusing why break it off in2 sub genres when its all HARDCORE!!!!! it pisses me rite off sorry but when i listen to a tape i dnt think " ahh yes a nice bit off 4/4 kick core" i think HARDCORE, same when i listen to a diff style...stop breaking it up in2 sub genres coz thats wotz bad 4 da scene!!!! And it creates h8az look at gabber and happy hardcore?:S if we'd av classed it all as hardcore thered av never been a divide or nuffink

Like a bolt of lightning it's so frightning..Get ur brain now we're igniting

Alert moderator Go to top of page
Annex

Canada
285 posts

38 hardcore releases
Annex has attended 1 event
Posted - 2002/04/26 :  17:10:53  Show profile  Send a private message  Reply with quote
heh
well... i know what you mean, cuz i get frustrated with all the differant classifications myself

but...some... well, lol

i mean, i think the distinction between gabber and happy hardcore is there, very rightfully..

though i utterly sympathise

cuz honeslty, i don't even know half the break off genres, it's one of the many things i'm trying to learn, so i dunt sound too dumb ;)

-----------------------
potatoe :)
keep on smiling

dr smiley

Canada
33 posts
Posted - 2002/04/26 :  20:52:46  Show profile  Send a private message  Reply with quote
NOT A CHANCE I WONT LET IT IM ONLY 12 BUT HAPPY HARD CORE WILL NEVER DIE IN MY HEART KEEP DANCIN

Midway_raver
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,032 posts
Midway_raver has attended 2 events
Posted - 2002/04/27 :  03:12:40  Show profile  Send a private message  Reply with quote
I accept that gabber and happy hardcore r very different but i don't think there shud b a kinda divide becoz alot of people who r in2 gabber slag down happy hardcore, and i think the diff genres liek gabber and hardcore shud all b caned in the hardcore room at events and give the ravers alot of hardcore under one name so they get a journey thru the different styles, much liek Hysteria did when they played jungle, hardcore and techno in teh same room.

Like a bolt of lightning it's so frightning..Get ur brain now we're igniting

DJ Pathfinder
Advanced Member

Netherlands
1,676 posts

51 hardcore releases
Posted - 2002/04/27 :  09:07:18  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit DJ Pathfinder's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by R@viNg LoOnAtic:
Happy Hardcore never died!!!
'Cause we've kept it alive.........

Just yesterday I saw Mental Theo's new video "Stars2002" on TMF, a HHC remix of stars. It's been a long time since I've seen a HHC tune on a Musicchannel and realized then, that it's really coming back...for real
And I guess it's coming better and faster then ever!!!!!

I like the Bass to go BOOM!!!

but they must make quality i think its crap.

You can't see me,because i am the future.

Weird Fish

Aruba
437 posts
Posted - 2002/04/28 :  17:07:15  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Weird Fish's homepage  Reply with quote
Yes...I kinda think that too...
But it ain't that crappy...well it actually is...I liked it...but I was disappointed cause I
expected like really happy tunes...and what I got was a trancy mix of it...
I mean I got to agree the guy started a bit off.....no, really off, but I think he'll
get there eventually...well, I hope he will, 'cause he can make goods...

I like the Bass to go BOOM!!!

Annex

Canada
285 posts

38 hardcore releases
Annex has attended 1 event
Posted - 2002/04/28 :  17:13:43  Show profile  Send a private message  Reply with quote
Midway i'd say that's fair :)

i think we need to cut down some of the silly sub classifications, just cuz it gets silly....

and minimize the rival spawning ones.... but even better yet
as you where alluding to...

just get more of it in the same room....
advretise one room of yer venue as 'hardcore'
have happycore sets, n gabber sets, n small sets, n tall sets, sets of differant shapes and sizes, sets of... i can't think of a rhyme

it's a matter of getting ppl together, who will all enjoy a variety of styles

-----------------------
potatoe :)
keep on smiling

Don Giovanni

Canada
290 posts

43 hardcore releases
Posted - 2002/04/28 :  23:21:13  Show profile  Send a private message  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by Midway_raver:
stop breaking it up in2 sub genres coz thats wotz bad 4 da scene!!!!

I get what u mean. But sub genres and newer genres aren’t made intentionally. It is a natural thing for humans to do, classify differences so we can better pinpoint them and explain/describe them to others. As sounds evolve and change in a genres new ones just grow. Not like someone says, oh lets make up a thing called trancecore and then went and did it...a new sound developed so a name was given to it that best described what it was.

BUT I do agree with u. This hatred between genres is STUPID…not only between hardcore genres but all other forms of electronic music. What got me into the rave seen was partly the idea of unity and togetherness. PARTIES NEED VARIETY. Mix it up play different styles in the same room. We still manage to do it here in Winnipeg all the time (although efforts are made by some against this. There are so many varieties of music to enjoy, stupid to keep them segregated so people can't discover what the other styles have to offer.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
'Together united as one indeed, WE ARE THE HARDCORE FAMILY!
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

DJ Fishy
Starting Member

Ireland
6 posts
Posted - 2002/05/01 :  08:35:00  Show profile  Send a private message  Reply with quote
I WAS SADDENED AND HURT WEN I READ THIS POST , HARDCORE WILL NEVER DIE IT MAY STAY UNDERGROUND BUT WHO CARES THE FEELING IS STILL THERE AND IT IS ONLY GETTIN STRONGER THERE R SO MANY YOUNG NEW HAPPYHARDCORE DJS SPRINGING UP ,THE HAPPYCORE RENNAISANCE HAS BEGUN MY FREINDS

Dj Fishy

Brian K
Advanced Member

United States
8,663 posts

528 hardcore releases
Brian K has attended 5 events
Posted - 2002/05/01 :  08:52:30  Show profile  Send a private message  Reply with quote
my eyes were saddened & hurt when i tried to read your reply to this topic =P

"As punishment for your desertion, it's company policy to give you the plague."

sammypoohuk

United Kingdom
387 posts

6 hardcore releases
Posted - 2002/05/01 :  13:20:55  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit sammypoohuk's homepage  Reply with quote
like someone has as there signature "hardcore hasnt died........its just takin a litttle nap!!!!!!" credits to whoevas that is!!

SaMmY

Charco
Advanced Member

Ireland
1,979 posts
Charco has attended 4 events
Posted - 2002/05/02 :  02:29:18  Show profile  Send a private message  Reply with quote
it hasn't, never will, not in a million years,
is it going to die?
hmmmm no, no, no no no no no no no no no NO!!!!!!!!
NEVER!!!!
We will stick together, it lasted 20 so years, ALOT longer than any pop music, who is to say it isnt as stong as ever?
It was pridected last year that hhc will come back BIG time by the middle of this year, well, that turns out to be true,
Everywhere is playing it now, happy happy days!

So, whoever says it is "dead" either doesnt know what hhc is, or hasnt been out and about for a ween 'a' years

**Long live hhc, and all those who strive to hear/ play it **

freedom to all who believe!!

Go Here: http://www.ionosphere.co.uk or here: http://www.sbthq.net . Happy? You should be!! And of course: My tunes: http://www.acidplanet.com/artist.asp?songs=230636&T=6580

miss-mitzi
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
608 posts

55 hardcore releases
Posted - 2002/05/02 :  07:53:07  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit miss-mitzi's homepage  Reply with quote
how can it die when we r keepin it alive?

If computer games effected us as kids, we would all be runnin around in dark rooms munchin magic pills and listenin to repetative music!

Charco
Advanced Member

Ireland
1,979 posts
Charco has attended 4 events
Posted - 2002/05/02 :  08:26:37  Show profile  Send a private message  Reply with quote

NOT IN A MILLION YEARS!!!!!!- - - END OF STORY!!!!!

**BOUNCEY BOUNCEY**

freedom to all who believe!!

Go Here: http://www.ionosphere.co.uk or here: http://www.sbthq.net . Happy? You should be!! And of course: My tunes: http://www.acidplanet.com/artist.asp?songs=230636&T=6580

Atlas
Average Member

United States
185 posts
Posted - 2002/05/02 :  09:45:53  Show profile  Send a private message  Reply with quote
aaaallllright............about that sub-genre thing...............i admit that it would be easier to just classify it all as hardcore.....but i think theres a few of us (like myself) that just think thats like saying everykind of electronic music is techno........which most non-electronists refer to it as. I just get pissed off at those ****s that say gabber and happy hardcore is the same, WRONG! it is not! just like trancecore and happycore arent the same............to be truthful,yes, the sub-genres are silly, but there here,and we cant go back cuz it'll just get sillier.....mabye we should define the lines between sub-genres a little better or somthing...........hardcore is (i think) the youngest genre of electronic music out there. Its so versitile and creative that people are experimenting with it (and always will). Would it be fair to those people that create a new kinda music based from the foundation of hardcore to just classify it as hardcore, even though its totaly different.

the point: we can classify trancecore,breakcore,and happycore as hardcore, because they are..........but to just call them all hardcore is ignorant, and i will have no part in it.

"Ravers don't fall, they trip and roll."

New PostPost Reply
Topic is 4 pages long: 1  2  3  4
 Printer friendly
  Verified artist
   Donating member How to donate

It took 2 ninja's to process this page!

HappyHardcore.com

1999 - 2024 HappyHardcore.com
audio: PRS for music. Build: 3.1.73.1

Go to top of page