Email Us!
Username: Password:

Lost password
 Remember my login 

All forums
 Music discussion - hardcore
 Defining terms of music
 Printer friendly

All users can post new topics in this forum. All users can reply to topics in this forum

Author Thread  
Webber

United States
46 posts
Webber has attended 1 event
Posted - 2002/05/27 :  03:51:47  Show profile Send a private message
Well its like this. With all sorts of music genres out there we live in our happycore realms, or so it seems. The problem is telling the difference within the realm itself. For instance, I own quite a few records however I constantly am asking myself within a mix, is this suppose to have gone togather, am I mixing properly or am I just mixing genres ? With hardcore progressing, and spanning, it somtimes is difficult to tell the true difference between what trancecore/freeform, hardcore, and happy hardcore is. Not only do we have those areas to look at but the areas of breaky happycore, classic, oldskool, and moving happycore. Although more often then not I find a pleasure among the darker sounds in happyhardcore, I do love the constant booming of the beat. Its just sometimes my hearing seems to get cloudy and I cannot tell truely if the beats being put togather are ment for one another.
An odd post, true. Perhaps though you will now analyze the sounds your spinning out and wonder. Any comments are welcome...

o<|;0D Wèbber¬

Alert moderator

Edited by - Webber on 2002/05/27 03:53:38
Brian K
Advanced Member

United States
8,663 posts

528 hardcore releases
Brian K has attended 5 events
Posted - 2002/05/27 :  10:07:34  Show profile  Send a private message
damn human nature wanting to classify things. what i usually go by is if it sounds good, crank it up and tweak those knobs harder =P

"As punishment for your desertion, it's company policy to give you the plague."

Alert moderator Go to top of page
Love Monkey

United Kingdom
113 posts
Posted - 2002/05/27 :  10:26:45  Show profile  Send a private message
True. If it sounds good use it. If you think two tracks will go well together then do it and tape it. Then listen to it. This way you'll start to define a style of your own.

In the words of Ali G: "Give a man a compilation tape and he'll dance for a night. Teach a man to scratch, and he'll be dancing for generations!"

Webber

United States
46 posts
Webber has attended 1 event
Posted - 2002/05/28 :  00:17:58  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Webber's homepage
Hmmn... Yes you are correct in the aspect that if two + two = good, go for it, but I suppose that, all on its own is a dj'n quality. Of course if you move a crowd you must be doing something right. However its still bothersome that so much can be fused into one, I dunno, maybe I'm just crazy or maybe I'm brilliant. Just a thought...

o<|;0D Wèbber¬

New PostPost Reply
 Printer friendly
  Verified artist
   Donating member How to donate

It took 0.76 ninja's to process this page!

HappyHardcore.com

1999 - 2024 HappyHardcore.com
audio: PRS for music. Build: 3.1.73.1

Go to top of page