Lost password
 Remember my login 
 All forums
 Music discussion - hardcore
 hixxy pressing at 165bpm
 Printer friendly
Page: 
of 3

All users can post new topics in this forum. All users can reply to topics in this forum

Author Thread  
pacman
Advanced Member

Australia
1,132 posts

190 hardcore releases
pacman has attended 8 events
Posted - 2002/08/22 :  16:52:24  Show profile Send a private message  Visit pacman's homepage
i have it from a good source that all hixxy's new tunes will be at 165bpm. i don't know about the rest of you, but i think it's horifically slow. i play faster than most, usually around the range of 185-192bpm, but still, it would be hard to find anyone in sydney who plays at 165. i'm not sure about in the uk, but in sydney the average speed would be at least 175, MINIMUM. some of hixxy's newer tunes i really dig, others i think are rubbish, but that's another topic altogether. personally i don't like the whole hardcore getting slower thing. i thought most djs were starting to play faster, but that doesn't explain why the producers are pressing tunes slower??? what does everyone else think of this?

drugs is not the answer... drugs? is the question... yes is the answer

Alert moderator
Cephiros

United States
21 posts
Posted - 2002/08/22 :  17:03:09  Show profile  Send a private message
Hmmm, 165 isn't that slow.. HHC can have a diverse tempo and still be good. Besides isn't Hixxy doing trancey-hardcore? Trance is naturally slower, right? :)

I know most of my vinyl is pretty fast.. including my ultra cheese DJ Spree - Neverending Hardcore :)

Well, that's all I have to comment right now.

Cephiros

Alert moderator Go to top of page
virus
Advanced Member

Canada
4,346 posts

716 hardcore releases
virus has attended 41 events
Posted - 2002/08/22 :  17:17:59  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit virus's homepage
yea, but that would be 165 at 0 pitch, which would be much faster on +8..

Cephiros

United States
21 posts
Posted - 2002/08/22 :  17:55:58  Show profile  Send a private message
So, at Pitch +8 it is roughly 178.2 bpm.. and at -8 pitch roughly 151.8 bpm. Hmmm, 178.2 makes your Aussies bpm grade so it's okay then! :)

Cephiros

Dj Tripnosis

Canada
418 posts
Dj Tripnosis has attended 1 event
Posted - 2002/08/22 :  19:07:09  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Dj Tripnosis's homepage
quote:
Originally posted by Cephiros:
Hmmm, 165 isn't that slow.. HHC can have a diverse tempo and still be good. Besides isn't Hixxy doing trancey-hardcore? Trance is naturally slower, right? :)

"""""I know most of my vinyl is pretty fast.. including my ultra cheese DJ Spree - Neverending Hardcore :) """""""""

Personally, I have to Agree with Pacman . I too don't like the whole slowing down part, i mean, Hardcore has progressed over the years by becoming faster and faster, nows no time to slow it down again. as for the whole trance part, sure Trance is naturally slower but that's no reason, look at some trancore tracks , i mean, theres plenty that are recored very fast. dah well,

P.S Neverending Hardcore is a f**kin tune !!!!

-Hi, My name is Auto and i looove to get Blotto !! -

-rejecting your reality and substituting my own

Cephiros

United States
21 posts
Posted - 2002/08/22 :  19:44:14  Show profile  Send a private message
Okay, Very true. On a personal level, I prefer my HHC to be alot faster but how fast is too fast.. and when does it start to break the barrier of going into gabber tempos?

P.S I like Neverending Hardcore, Ok, I may be weird.. but that's just me. Also, sorry if I say some dumb things, blame it on me being a newbie. :)

Cephiros

DJ-SK8

Canada
269 posts
Posted - 2002/08/22 :  20:04:53  Show profile  Send a private message
Ok y does every body think that newstyle gabber is fast, NEW STYLE IS ASS CORE @ 155-160BPM

Personally i like my hardcore to be @ like 180-200BPM, make it raw, make it intense, caus i got mad Skills & Styles and i will get raw

speaking of fast stuff anyone herd Cloudskipper & Sketchy "Check This Out", caus it's a ****IN choon and a half

My god how long have those mice been living your back fat?!?!?!

WoRd?!!

milo
Advanced Member

Canada
3,391 posts

347 hardcore releases
milo is verified hardcore artist milo has attended 89 events
Posted - 2002/08/22 :  21:27:59  Show profile View artist profile  Send a private message  Visit milo's homepage
supernova has been out for a long time and i must agree that track totally kicks ass, i can't waitto hear the next one by these guys.

"Everybody... rock, rock on.. "

ac slater

United States
89 posts
ac slater is verified hardcore artist
Posted - 2002/08/22 :  22:01:19  Show profile View artist profile  Send a private message  Visit ac slater's homepage
165? its called pitch control, use it. ;)

haha

fast tunes off the top of my head:

-the original "ruff muff" - robbie long and devastate...fast as hell, prolly like 185-190
-"check this out" - cloudskipper and sketchy -180ish
-this tune "here comes the ruckus" that i did - pitchedup #1 - its like 185 lol, retarded

ac

Tyrant
Average Member

Canada
239 posts
Posted - 2002/08/22 :  23:01:23  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Tyrant's homepage
ac - wasn't that a mistake with the pressing? i remember hearing that it wasn't supposed to be at 185 ... or maybe i'm just confused?

http://www.dj-tyrant.com/Tyrant-Acid%20Overdose.mp3

Simon
Advanced Member

Belgium
5,001 posts
Simon has donated money to the site Simon has attended 5 events
Posted - 2002/08/23 :  01:58:01  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Simon's homepage
the thing that was and always would stop Hardcore going commercial would be that it was too fast for most people.

slow it down & it leaves the option open for commercial releases I don't like the sound of it being slowed down.....That's a huge step towards making Hardcore sound even more like Trance :(

Sy.

Foxy

United Kingdom
308 posts
Posted - 2002/08/23 :  02:33:14  Show profile  Send a private message
Now-I dont mix or spin at all, but please dont dismiss my comments out of hand! Surely-hardcore cant keep getting faster & faster & faster, it will just become TOO fast & any strusture remaining will be lost in the hearing of it.
As I understand it hardcore isnt just the speed of the tune its the structure & the "feel" of the tune. My friend went out with last neight & I got the DJ to put on Wonderful Days & Forever Young now they're slower yet he immediately said arent these hardcore-they sound like hardcore! this spoke volumes to me about the music we love.

Hardcore family never dies.

Brian K
Advanced Member

United States
8,663 posts

528 hardcore releases
Brian K has attended 5 events
Posted - 2002/08/23 :  03:11:23  Show profile  Send a private message
of course you could always just do what some people seem to enjoy doing to trance, put it on 45 =P

"Cuz I'm hardcore, heavyweight, magical man."

atomicb
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
621 posts

60 hardcore releases
Posted - 2002/08/23 :  03:20:39  Show profile  Send a private message
I play mine pretty fast, I only realised it when I had to use pretty much full wack on the pitch control to get 'take me away' to beat match. I don't know what it corresponds to exacly, but 'deep inside' is usually on 6, eyeopner 99 remix, and most others on 4 :)

and thats plenty fast enough for me personally :)

Cephiros

United States
21 posts
Posted - 2002/08/23 :  03:26:08  Show profile  Send a private message
You have a good point there Foxy, I mean to me, I always thought the speed of HHC was just one of its defining qualities. There are alot of things that define hardcore right? Not just only its tempo.

Sure, I don't think I would like to see HHC get too commercial.. but letting in some would be okay.

Cephiros

kg4
Advanced Member

United States
802 posts

36 hardcore releases
Posted - 2002/08/23 :  07:38:19  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit kg4's homepage
hixxy... bah!

Oh man, I hope I didn't brain my damage...

New PostPost Reply
Topic is 3 pages long: 1  2  3
 Printer friendly
  Verified artist
   Donating member How to donate

It took 1.48 ninja's to process this page!

HappyHardcore.com

1999 - 2024 HappyHardcore.com
audio: PRS for music. Build: 3.1.73.1

Go to top of page