Email Us!
Username: Password:

Lost password
 Remember my login 

All forums
 Music production & Gear talk
 software for mix cd's?
 Printer friendly

All users can post new topics in this forum. All users can reply to topics in this forum

Author Thread  
strychnine
Advanced Member

Australia
2,268 posts

92 hardcore releases
strychnine has attended 2 events
Posted - 2002/09/16 :  22:58:03  Show profile Send a private message
OK I've finally gotten around to cobbling together some mixes, but i'm having some problems getting them from my HDD to CD. I'm using Acoustica to put in the track-marks and all, but ...

(1) it insists on putting the actual breaks a few beats after where I put them in the wave editor, and the problem only crops up *after* it's created the ready-to-burn wave files (making it a colossal waste of my time), and to make thing worse ...

(2) there's always a cut in the sound where the track-break ends up, which sounds like someone accidentally hit a kill-switch for about a tenth of a second.

What's the best way to do it so that I get the tracks cut exactly where I want, and so the mix plays seamlessly on playback? Should I change programs? If so, what's the best program to use? I prefer to have the break where the dominant bassline switches, not when the beat stops and the vocals/melody starts, so it's almost always in the middle of the beat.

Alert moderator

Edited by - strychnine on 2002/09/16 23:02:02
weba_d
Advanced Member

Australia
789 posts
weba_d has attended 1 event
Posted - 2002/09/17 :  03:56:46  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit weba_d's homepage
where are they??

"what goes up must come down..so keep popin!

WEBA D

Alert moderator Go to top of page
ryg0r
Advanced Member

Australia
2,807 posts

34 hardcore releases
ryg0r is verified hardcore artist ryg0r has donated money to the site ryg0r has attended 10 events
Posted - 2002/09/17 :  04:43:41  Show profile View artist profile  Send a private message
I've posted this before (this is like my expertise, and this only). A comprehensive guide to mix up a storm on your decks, and record them and then burn it on your pc

quote:
Its easy, but a long process....

1. Connect your mixer/amp to the computer using a Y RCA-to-3.5mm jack, and plug this into your "line-in" on your sound card.

2. Load up your software. I use Cool Edit 2000, which is shareware and available at www.syntrillium.com. And... "is able to be manipulated." >=)

3. Enable your computer to record from Line-In. In Windows you do this by opening up you mixer (botton right hand corner, the little speaker). Click on the "Options" Menu and then go to "properties". Go to recording and make your the "Line In" is checked. Click OK. Check "Line in" on the mixer now in front of you and got back to your Software.

4. Make a new file. You want to set the file to be 44100hz 16bit in Stereo. This is what CD's are recored at. Start recording. Note: This will chew up Hard-disk space like nothing else!!!

5. Once the mix is finished, SAVE THE FILE!!!

6. To Burn open up your burner software, I use Nero. Load in the huge wav file. Now in Nero, you can split it, which is what people want. Split the wav file into different tracks (You can do this perfect in Nero - properties of the track) and hit OK. Then you get "pauses" in between tracks, like 2 seconds by default. Remove this. Select every track, but the first and remove this pause (In Nero, select the tracks, and right-click. Click on properties and a box comes up...)

7. Stick in a CD with the right amount of time space on it and hit burn!!

8. Wait until finished.

9. Take out the CD, then test it.

10. Thank ryg0r for excellent info!! [email protected]

-=[ryg0r]=-

pacman
Advanced Member

Australia
1,132 posts

190 hardcore releases
pacman has attended 8 events
Posted - 2002/09/17 :  15:43:58  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit pacman's homepage
i use soundforge: good for splitting tracks EXACTLY where you want them, mastering and just about anything else. then i use easyCDcreator to burn the cds.

Soundforge will cut the tracks exactly where you want them, without adding any silence at the end or beginning of a track. if you set your burning software to burn "disc-at-once" you shouldn't get gaps between tracks.

drugs is not the answer... drugs? is the question... yes is the answer

strychnine
Advanced Member

Australia
2,268 posts

92 hardcore releases
strychnine has attended 2 events
Posted - 2002/09/18 :  14:14:21  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit strychnine's homepage
ok from what i can see i was doing everything you guys said, except i'm using acoustica instead of soundforge or cooledit ... i'm gonna give these programs a spin and see how i go

thanks fellaz!

New PostPost Reply
 Printer friendly
  Verified artist
   Donating member How to donate

It took 0.72 ninja's to process this page!

HappyHardcore.com

1999 - 2024 HappyHardcore.com
audio: PRS for music. Build: 3.1.73.1

Go to top of page